What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal - Putting Socks On Standing Up Or Sitting Down? (2 Viewers)

Do you stand or sit to put your socks on?

• Stand always

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Stand usually

Votes: 28 10.7%
  • Both about equally

Votes: 23 8.8%
  • Sit usually

Votes: 75 28.6%
  • Sit always

Votes: 126 48.1%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Apologies to @Keerock if he's already done this one.

Someone said in the BMI thread it was a good idea to maintain a good sense of balance as one aged and a way to do that was putting your socks on while standing up.

I said I thought everyone already did that.

Figured I'd ask here. 

I always dry my feet out of the shower standing up and try to pull my hip up as far as I can.  

ETA: actually my I pull my leg up and across to dry my foot - and try to stay balanced while I do.  Then I try to pull it as high as I can - to try and stretch my hip joint.  

Kind of like this, but standing up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Bryant said:

Someone said in the BMI thread it was a good idea to maintain a good sense of balance as one aged and a way to do that was putting your socks on while standing up.

Figured I'd ask here. 

You're definitely wrong here.

Putting socks on while standing is probably one of the more difficult mundane things to do.   

Sometimes stand, sometimes sit but most days I kind of lean against the bed just to help balance.  Wasn’t sure how to vote but went usually stand.

• Smile
Reactions: blk
Question for those that sit - are you sitting on your bed or do you have a chair in your bedroom or do you walk somewhere else in the house to put your socks on?

I always sit. I was having issues with sciatic pain. I started doing stretches, in the seated position, every morning that targeted that area and my pain went away. Since I'm already sitting...

Figured I'd ask here. 

Wow, I didn't think the pole would be so lopsided.  I stand mostly also.  :shrug:  

Mostly stand. I walk to the sock drawer, pick out a pair, and put them on right there standing up. Occasionally I need to place a hand on top of the dresser if I get off balance. 

If you are under 45 and can’t do this and don’t have some major injury you have other problems. 

I'm a hybrid on this one. Sometimes sit, sometimes stand depending on the mood.  All I know is, in the words of Louis C.K., putting on socks sucks.  

Never occurred to me to stand for socks.  Now that I see this thread, I'll check it out sometime, see what I've been missing out on.

Sitting most of the time.  Put socks on right before putting shoes on to head outside.  I have slipped with socks on too many times on the stairs coming down from the bedroom.  No socks, until ready to leave.

Question for those that sit - are you sitting on your bed or do you have a chair in your bedroom or do you walk somewhere else in the house to put your socks on?
My sock drawer is low to the right of the foot of the bed - so I sit to pick out my socks and just put them on. Some times I take them out before I shower so there's a decent chance I'll put them on while standing occasionally. 

Users who are viewing this thread