What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? TV in the Bedroom (1 Viewer)

Do you have a TV in you and your spouse's or SO bedroom.

• Yes

Votes: 92 57.5%
  • No

Votes: 68 42.5%

• Total voters
Very recent allowance by my wife. She got tired of giving me the stink-eye when something questionable happened on a show or movie that I was watching in the living room.

Yes, used for local news or the Office reruns as we are falling asleep. Almost like white noise.

Not used for shows that we are really paying attention to.

I can't fall asleep with the TV on. Invariably something will catch my brain and instead of drifting off I end up waking up. Wife falls asleep on the couch watching TV all the time but doesn't need it to fall asleep. It's never even been a consideration to have one in the bedroom. It's just a no.

We didn't for many years but put one up when we moved to our new place. Now we have regular shows to watch that get us tired.
Monday: Original Star Trek, wife is watching for the first time and actually enjoying it. She said she'd like to try Next Generation next.
Tuesday: Justified. First time through for both of us. Just started S5. It's an ok show, not great.
Wednesday: X-Files. First time through for both. Not watching every episode. Found a good site that ranks episodes, so I skip some. We both like it though.
Thursday: Original Mission Impossible. Only on first season. I watched as a kid but don't remember much. We're both enjoying it.
Other days are just random stuff, whatever we agree on.

yep... we throw on shorter shows that require no thought: Seinfeld, Frasier, monk, modern family, etc and just pick it up the next night.
Hall of Fame show for us in that situation is Law and Order. I'm asleep in minutes.
Monk, Law & Order, the Resident, Bones, are all HOF for my sleeping habits. I have seen the beginning of these episodes a bunch of times but may have seen the endings once.

As somebody who designs residences for Richie Richs, almost all of them have TVs in the primary bedroom and have every other BR wired for it at the very least.

As somebody who designs residences for Richie Richs, almost all of them have TVs in the primary bedroom and have every other BR wired for it at the very least.
I would think these days there really isn't anything special to "wire" them into the BR anymore.
Yeah...no more coax. We're burying a jbox at TV height and providing blocking for future mount.

TV in the man cave is for me, TV in the bedroom is for her. She used to go to bed way earlier than me so she got the bedroom TV to wind down and I would go to bed after she was asleep and change to something for me to fall asleep to. Still kind of that way but she stays up later and I wake up from my "nap" in the man cave and go to bed. Often use YouTube on the bedroom TV to play thunderstorm noise for sleeping. Pretty intense ear ringing so I like some sound to drown it out

Yes, always have..................and there have been many nights where I'll start at one of the TV's, nod off, and then turn the TV on in the bedroom, and fall asleep there for the night. Dogs probably think I'm nuts.

My dad came over to watch the master's on Saturday, and he said "you do realize that you have 6 TV's in your house, and you're a divorced dad with one kid out of the house and the other at college".

1/2 - Each kid has/had their own in their room for games / etc.
3 - My bedroom
4 - Living Room (hardly ever used)
5 - Sun Room (TV room)
6 - Patio (used the most)

Never thought about it, but it does seem like a lot.

Yes we do. We watch a show or two, then I go to bed and watch something I like and she stays out in the living room and watches her soap etc. She's retired so she stays up later and is a night owl.

Yes, used for local news or the Office reruns as we are falling asleep. Almost like white noise.

yep... we throw on shorter shows that require no thought: Seinfeld, Frasier, monk, modern family, etc and just pick it up the next night.

we also know that there are certain shows that will knock us out:

nature shows
SNL
and while we really like his shows, Rick Steves.

1/2 - Each kid has/had their own in their room for games / etc.
3 - My bedroom
4 - Living Room (hardly ever used)
5 - Sun Room (TV room)
6 - Patio (used the most)

Never thought about it, but it does seem like a lot.
I have the following:

Guest Room - 1
Large Living Room - 1
Den - *2 (most TV is watched in this room)
Bedrooms - 0 (kids and our bedroom are TV-less)

* Originally set up for football Sundays but it actually turned into a great addition as the wife can watch whatever show she wants (non-football Sundays) and I have a game on the other TV muted. Best of both worlds.

No, haven't in years. Best thing I did to help my sleep pattern was take the tv out of the bedroom and only climb into bed when ready for sleep. I have alexa so i can listen to local news, weather and traffic in the morning without opening my eyes right away. I do listen to thunderstorms as white noise while I sleep and that helps also.

My dad came over to watch the master's on Saturday, and he said "you do realize that you have 6 TV's in your house

I'm kind of embarrassed to say this but I have 11 TVs in my house. We have 7 people in the house with a TV each plus my office, wife's office, man cave and an outdoor TV.
I'm sitting at 9ish TVs between 6 people. 5 in the bedrooms, living room, basement (game tv), garage/gym, and a 15" echo show in the kitchen... which I guess counts as a TV.

I have an outdoor patio/balcony area that is wired to add a TV, but I'm too indecisive on if I want one there or not.

We have one in the bedroom but it might only get turned on once per month. Wife usually goes to bed before me and she'll scroll her phone rather than turn on TV. I'll stay in the living room watching tv till I'm ready for bed.

Watching tv in bed is usually reserved for if someone is ill and stuck in bed all day. I think the last time I watched tv in bed was when I had COVID back in January...

My dad came over to watch the master's on Saturday, and he said "you do realize that you have 6 TV's in your house

I'm kind of embarrassed to say this but I have 11 TVs in my house. We have 7 people in the house with a TV each plus my office, wife's office, man cave and an outdoor TV.
how old/small is the oldest TV?

Probably one of my daughters TV - neither watches them much at all. I think youngest has one that is maybe 4-5 years old and like 27".

I do have a couple 65" and the outdoor is 82".

I pulled my TV out of the bedroom about 10 years ago, joining the "only two things happen in the bedroom" group. It has helped my sleep habits tremendously. Of course, being single and living alone kinda helps the situation. During weekends with the kids, my son does have one, my daughter does not. But she just watches her phone 24/7.

Hall of Fame show for us in that situation is Law and Order. I'm asleep in minutes.
Monk, Law & Order, the Resident, Bones, are all HOF for my sleeping habits. I have seen the beginning of these episodes a bunch of times but may have seen the endings once.
Same. My wife and I also have what we call "sleepy time movies" which is completely vanilla, totally fine movies we've seen several times. Examples are "You've Got Mail, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," and "Couples Retreat." So, basically, romantic comedies that I'm good with.

I grew up sleeping in complete darkness and silence and still prefer that, but my roommate in college couldn't sleep without the TV on so I got used to it. My wife prefers it.

i mean with the advent of phones everyone has a tv in thieir bedroom now when you think about it in fact we all have tvs everywhere from garden sheds to batcaves and that is just one of the many miracles of modern science take that to the bank brohans

Yes, we've always had one. I have a "man cave" but like to be upstairs for the evening.
Many nights what we want to watch doesn't match, especially during football season, or nights that Nascar is on.
So, one of us ends up watching in the bedroom.

We used to have a 32" TV in the room.
But after buying an 86" TV for the living room, we moved the 55" to the bedroom. :thumbup:

Yes but it hasn't been used since January. And no laptop/tablet/phone use in there when either of us are lying down

Yep. She falls asleep to The Office or Friends about an hour ago. I just got in bed and turned on the news. I'll be snoring either just after weather or sports.

Users who are viewing this thread