What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the worst movie you've ever seen? (1 Viewer)

If you didn't get laid after watching 9 and a half weeks with a bunch of college girls who thought it was great, then I can understand0 why you hate the movie. But you need to realize that it's not the movie's fault.

If you didn't get laid after watching 9 and a half weeks with a bunch of college girls who thought it was great, then I can understand0 why you hate the movie. But you need to realize that it's not the movie's fault.
:goodposting:

Kim Basinger is forgiven every horrible acting job she's every had for her "works" here.

Haha... well they were just friends. But that didn't have anything to do with the fact that the movie was horrible. I mean, I guess it's fine as a T&A movie, and I suppose that's all it was supposed to be. But at the time it was billed as a "real" movie.

Obviously not the worst movie ever, but saw Gravity last night and was completely underwhelmed. How in the world did that win the Best Movie award?

Battlefield Earth was terrible. John Travolta totally over-acted. I would have to believe that Forrest Whittaker is into Scientology to have been in that film - or he was given boatloads of money.

Obviously not the worst movie ever, but saw Gravity last night and was completely underwhelmed. How in the world did that win the Best Movie award?

Battlefield Earth was terrible. John Travolta totally over-acted. I would have to believe that Forrest Whittaker is into Scientology to have been in that film - or he was given boatloads of money.
what?

Eyes Wide Shut
Number two on my list, with a bullet.

If I have to hear one more faux intellectual attempt to lionize this piece of refuse by suckling so violently on the collective teet of Kubrik/Clarke that they force their ghosts to lactate I will, no doubt, be forced to projectile vomit directly onto their "2001:A Space Odyssey" fan fic.

what?
Just going by what my wife said. Guess it must have won an award somewhere along the way.

The Shadow, with Alec Baldwin. Sooooo bad on such a big budget. Unless it was supposed to be a comedy - in which case it was brilliant.

I too walked out of 200 Cigarettes. Jim Jarmusschche owes me money for that one.

Eyes Wide Shut

If I have to hear one more faux intellectual attempt to lionize this piece of refuse by suckling so violently on the collective teet of Kubrik/Clarke that they force their ghosts to lactate I will, no doubt, be forced to projectile vomit directly onto their "2001:A Space Odyssey" fan fic.
An absolute unquestioned worthless piece of chit. Made worse by the fact the director was at one time very talented.

About the only reason to even possibly recommend it would be as a case study to see just how much Nicole Kidman truly loathed Tom Cruise at that point in her life. I've always found her to be extremely icy in general but she was frozen and wooden in all her scenes with Cruise.

5-ish Finkle said:
Eyes Wide Shut

:wub:

Gosh, i've seen so many no one movie can just fall into this category.

Piranha DD

BloodRayne2

Strange Wilderness

Solo

Highlander 3

Branded

Scorpion King 3

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

Any Steaven Segal Movie made within the last 10 years

Any Dolph Lundgren Movie made within the last 15 years

I could go on for days...
You're a bit of a masochist... here...you need to watch Shawshank....stat!

Star Wars I, II & III. And pretty much any other movie with Natalie Portman in it except The Professional. It's funny Mars Attacks and V for Vendetta are both mentioned on this, she was in both and not a coincidence that they are in this conversation. Black Swan may have been watchable for some, wasn't my cup of joe.
If you hate her so much why have you seen so many of her movies? What about Brothers, Closer, Garden State, and Beautiful Girls?
lol, good point. i keep thinking she'll grow into her own, but man, not a good actress after all. i didn't see any of those you mentioned.

The movie that comes to mind is The Forgotten. Truly horrible, wish I could have forgotten seeing it. Julianne Moore has her share of clunkers along with the gems.

Grown Ups 2 was so bad that we would have to pause it every now and again and reenact what was going on in the writer's room. We had to rewind many times to just marvel at the lines coming out the mouth's of great comedians like Rock, Spade and James. The movie didn't seem like an honest attempt.

It's not like I can't enjoy a Sandler movie either. That's My Boy is actually a crack-up.
Agreed. Grown Ups 2 has zero redeeming qualities. The first one is a decent laugh and is better with repeated viewings. The sequel was an utter disaster in every way.

Thats my boy had me in stiches.......an instant classic Sandler flick. In fact is was my favortie from him since The Wedding Singer.

So, are Tyler Perry movies not getting mentioned because nobody saw them or was the theater just too loud to follow what was going on?

The movie that comes to mind is The Forgotten. Truly horrible, wish I could have forgotten seeing it. Julianne Moore has her share of clunkers along with the gems.
I mentioned this one earlier, but it deserves a bit more description. There are aliens, and they're really really powerful. How powerful? So powerful that you never even see them. As a rule of thumb, that's usually the sign of a sucky alien movie. But how much did the aliens suck? So much that sucking was literally their move. If you said something about the aliens, you'd hear a loud whoosh and you'd get sucked up into the sky, never to be heard from again. But there were also undercover people who knew about the aliens and undercover aliens that knew about the people who knew about the aliens, and one of the undercover aliens was supposed to take julianne moores kid and make her forget about him, but obviously a mom can't forget her kids completely, so they used some alien magic on her but she still didn't forget them so they used some alien magic on everyone around her and they all forgot her ####ty kid but she couldn't so they whooshed some people in the air and she was like what the ####, I think there's some aliens, and someone said, you might be on to someth...whoosh.. and that was the end of that and then she was all, wait, I think I have a kid. And the alien who was in charge of all the alien magic to make her forget started yelling at her I want you to forget your kid... here's some ####ty alien magic... hey, seriously, forget that kid... here, I'm going to yell at you extra hard now... and she didn't forget her kid... so he was like, hey, I'm going to make you forget your kid, I'm an alien.. wait... no... whoosh. And then she got her kid back. The end. So the moral to the story is, kids are so great that even aliens can't make you forget them. ####### a.

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. They couldn't get the Beatles, so they went with Plan B: The Bee Gees and Peter Frampton. Oof.
Aerosmith's lowest point of their career (yes, lower than many of their post 70's albums) was being beat up by that combo on screen.

I mentioned this one earlier, but it deserves a bit more description. There are aliens, and they're really really powerful. How powerful? So powerful that you never even see them. As a rule of thumb, that's usually the sign of a sucky alien movie. But how much did the aliens suck? So much that sucking was literally their move. If you said something about the aliens, you'd hear a loud whoosh and you'd get sucked up into the sky, never to be heard from again. But there were also undercover people who knew about the aliens and undercover aliens that knew about the people who knew about the aliens, and one of the undercover aliens was supposed to take julianne moores kid and make her forget about him, but obviously a mom can't forget her kids completely, so they used some alien magic on her but she still didn't forget them so they used some alien magic on everyone around her and they all forgot her ####ty kid but she couldn't so they whooshed some people in the air and she was like what the ####, I think there's some aliens, and someone said, you might be on to someth...whoosh.. and that was the end of that and then she was all, wait, I think I have a kid. And the alien who was in charge of all the alien magic to make her forget started yelling at her I want you to forget your kid... here's some ####ty alien magic... hey, seriously, forget that kid... here, I'm going to yell at you extra hard now... and she didn't forget her kid... so he was like, hey, I'm going to make you forget your kid, I'm an alien.. wait... no... whoosh. And then she got her kid back. The end. So the moral to the story is, kids are so great that even aliens can't make you forget them. ####### a.
Still beats Contact where the alien was Foster's ####### father.

Still beats Contact where the alien was Foster's ####### father.
I always hear people say that about Contact and I never understood that complaint. We all know it wasn't her father. The aliens told her at the very beginning that they chose the form she would be most comfortable with. Would it have somehow been better if E.T. was on the other end of the conduit?

Not saying it was great cinema or anything, I thought it was okay but nothing special, that just seems like such an odd point to focus on when discussing the merits of the film.

Or basically anything with Brendan Fraser.
:rollseyes:

Encino Man was awesome.
As was School Ties.
And Airheads.
I liked the first Mummy.
and Gods and Monsters
Blast From the Past was entertaining enough, although that was because CW was in it. But Fraser played his part well.
So I guess we're in agreement that Fraser is a fantastic actor.

Worst movie I made it all the way through: Fair Game.

Cindy Crawford plays........a lawyer. It's not the "so bad you want to see the rest because it's a hoot" type of bad. It's "so bad it hurts waiting for the next horrible line" bad.

Worst (and only) movie I couldn't make it through and walked out on: Hair

Knew my wife wanted to see it so I took her on a date. And left the theater after 10-15 minutes. She says it's the rudest thing I've ever done but she's wrong; I've done plenty worse. I just will not watch #### like that, especially #### like that set to music.

what?
Just going by what my wife said. Guess it must have won an award somewhere along the way.
Cuaron won just about every best director award on the planet for a movie you did not see if you watched it at home.

Never understood how Grease is a classic while Grease 2 is laughed at. Grease is so hokey to me while Grease 2 is an 80's classic. Has all the prerequisites.

Outsider/nerd buys a beat up motorcycle and rebuilds it while becoming a "cool rider." Training scenes! Michelle Pfieffer in her prime. As opposed to Travolta flying away with ONJ?

Grease 2 is an 80's movie while Grease seems like it's from another generation. I can see not liking either but to think Grease is superior to the sequel is puzzling to me.

I always hear people say that about Contact and I never understood that complaint. We all know it wasn't her father. The aliens told her at the very beginning that they chose the form she would be most comfortable with. Would it have somehow been better if E.T. was on the other end of the conduit?
Its a line from south park. I agree though, the movie wouldn't have been better if they showed the aliens.

Fraser is one of those guys who can't carry a film on his own, but he makes a great counterpart for a good actor to shine, i.e. Ian McKellan in Gods and Monsters, or Kevin O'Connor (Beni) in The Mummy.

Fraser is one of those guys who can't carry a film on his own, but he makes a great counterpart for a good actor to shine, i.e. Ian McKellan in Gods and Monsters, or Kevin O'Connor (Beni) in The Mummy.
I think he sucks. Dude is a caricature. Although, I haven't seen all of the movies that were mentioned. But he comes across that way in everything I've seen him in.

I think he sucks. Dude is a caricature. Although, I haven't seen all of the movies that were mentioned. But he comes across that way in everything I've seen him in.
This just reminded me of how bad George of the Jungle was

Never understood how Grease is a classic while Grease 2 is laughed at. Grease is so hokey to me while Grease 2 is an 80's classic. Has all the prerequisites.

Outsider/nerd buys a beat up motorcycle and rebuilds it while becoming a "cool rider." Training scenes! Michelle Pfieffer in her prime. As opposed to Travolta flying away with ONJ?

Grease 2 is an 80's movie while Grease seems like it's from another generation. I can see not liking either but to think Grease is superior to the sequel is puzzling to me.
Then you don't understand the charm of Grease.

The music, screenplay was far better. The acting......for a musical etc was far better. It is just so much better for that genre than the horrid Grease 2. The only thing I liked about Grease 2 was Michelle......that's it.

Olivia was great in Grease. She played this homely girl from down under and that last scence in her black satin pants was a huge boner for this 8 year old kid.

But it really was about the music.......so much better. The big thing Grease spawned in my elementry school was all of us doing the play ourselves based on the movie. Singing the songs, wearing the cloths, slicking our hair back...etc etc.

Grease 2 was an abortion. And at age 12 or 13....forgot when it came out....it was such a huge letdown from the original.....and the musical scenes were so bad.......except Cool Rider.....because Michelle was so freaking hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or basically anything with Brendan Fraser.
:rollseyes:

Encino Man was awesome.
As was School Ties.
And Airheads.
I liked the first Mummy.
and Gods and Monsters
Blast From the Past was entertaining enough, although that was because CW was in it. But Fraser played his part well.
He's the best ever.

AI - Directed by Spielberg and had that kid from Sixth Sense. High hopes going into the theater - it was 3 hours of boredom.

Spirited Away, Inception, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Avatar fall into the category of most overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread