What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the worst movie you've ever seen? (1 Viewer)

Billy Bats said:
Bridesmaids. (after hearing how funny it was, well I found it terribly unfunny)
I think it's the funniest chick movie ever made. It's a low bar, but still

Over The Top had to have been mentioned already, right?

The fourth Indiana Jones film is by far the most disappointing film I've ever seen. An absolutely huge waste of everyone's time.

Eyes Wide Shut is a steaming pile of drivel.

The fourth Indiana Jones film is by far the most disappointing film I've ever seen. An absolutely huge waste of everyone's time.

The 4th Indiana Jones film definitely belongs in this conversation.

The 4th Indiana Jones film definitely belongs in this conversation.
Even Spielberg seems to admit this was a disaster. He tip toes around all the issues with Lucas' script in a way which definitely seems to indicate he knew this wasn't going to work.

I separate this from the Star Wars prequels because everything about those films screamed a terrible idea so it was no surprise to me they all sucked. This film had Harrison Ford and Spielberg and even Cate Blanchett and none of them could save it. In fact, Harrison Ford just looked old. Old Indy is not fun Indy.

The Cook, His Wife, The Thief and Her Lover. If it's been mentioned before I don't apologize. It's worth repeating just how truly awful that thing was.

Bostonfred trying a little hard in here.

I agree that Donnie Darko is highly overrated but even with understanding the deep nuances, which I don't know and won't look into, it is still far above a worst ever level.

V for Vendetta is meh but, come on, worst ever is an incredibly low bar and V doesn't even come close.

Mamet gets a free pass from most people for Glengarry Glen Ross but to say that anything he touches approaches worst ever category is plain silly. My experience with him is Spanish Prisoner, Redbelt & Phil Spector and while they may not be spectacular, again, they don't even come close to worst ever territory.

Sorry you didn't enjoy them, I wasn't exactly a huge fan either (except for Glengarry Glen Ross which is phenomenal), but you need to re-calibrate your film appreciation meter.

The Black Dahlia from 06 with Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson was probably the worst movie I've ever had hopes for and was disappointed the most. Directed by Brian DePalma.

Movies like Ghost Dad and such, I had no expectations, so I struggle to call those the worst. The truly worst is probably some D grade sci-fi from the 80s I saw on TV.

The Black Dahlia from 06 with Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson was probably the worst movie I've ever had hopes for and was disappointed the most. Directed by Brian DePalma.
Yeah that was a big disappointment. Hartnett is terrible. On the plus side, I don't know if Hilary Swank has ever been hotter in a film. She outhotted Scarlett Johansson in my opinion and as my avatar will tell you that's not something I think happens all that often.

The worst high budget movie ever made is Congo. Not close.
oh yeah- this one is an absolute clunker.

I do love the things the girl ape says though... "ugly. woman" had me rolling. I say that to my wife now as much as possible in the same voice.

The Cook, His Wife, The Thief and Her Lover. If it's been mentioned before I don't apologize. It's worth repeating just how truly awful that thing was.
I don't like the movie or the director, but I appreciate both for what they do well (visuals, pretty much). I can forgive movies that look good or show some interesting craft.

again, for me, the "worst" movie is going to get everything wrong.

I was bored to tears by Lost in Translation

ETA: Still can't hold a candle to Bad Boy Bubby

Last edited by a moderator:
Tree of Life is an odd one.

I saw it in the theaters and afterward remember arguing vehemently with a friend about it. He loved it. But he's also a guy who loves odd avant garde attempts in writing and art, even if they miss the mark. And to me, this is the 20-30 minute opening section of Tree of Life: an attempt to do something that, in concept, is a nifty idea....that simply didn't translate onto the screen. It wanted to situate the Brad Pitt family drama within the macro context of the universe and time. Hence all the space shots, dinosaurs, etc. The idea is great. To show how something can be so full of meaning (the family drama) and yet utterly meaningless in the larger context of things. Only the film put you to sleep. It was boring. Beyond boring. It just kept trudging on and on and on. I nearly walked out of the theater.

Then the Brad Pitt family section starts, and I was astounded. It was fantastic. Incredibly well written, incredibly shot, incredibly acted. Tree of Life is like two different movies made by two different directors, one a crappy art school shmuck who does nothing but SUCK, and the other a crafty, pitch-perfect indie film director who makes masterpieces.

I can't dislike it. I'd even watch it again if it comes out on netflix. But I get why many hurl their hate at it.

It sorta reminds me of Franzen's The Corrections. People loved it. It won the national book award. Parts of it are indeed incredible writing. But other parts, specifically the Denise section, as just god awful. Such a bipolar work. Just like Tree of Life.
I'd like to highlight this post for a specific reason. It's one thing to have a baseless opinion but Flysack shares why, shows some appreciation for the film which I like(ToL) but wouldn't want to watch again and again, and overall I sort of agree with or understand where the POV is coming from.

Thanks

Tree of Life is an odd one.

I saw it in the theaters and afterward remember arguing vehemently with a friend about it. He loved it. But he's also a guy who loves odd avant garde attempts in writing and art, even if they miss the mark. And to me, this is the 20-30 minute opening section of Tree of Life: an attempt to do something that, in concept, is a nifty idea....that simply didn't translate onto the screen. It wanted to situate the Brad Pitt family drama within the macro context of the universe and time. Hence all the space shots, dinosaurs, etc. The idea is great. To show how something can be so full of meaning (the family drama) and yet utterly meaningless in the larger context of things. Only the film put you to sleep. It was boring. Beyond boring. It just kept trudging on and on and on. I nearly walked out of the theater.

Then the Brad Pitt family section starts, and I was astounded. It was fantastic. Incredibly well written, incredibly shot, incredibly acted. Tree of Life is like two different movies made by two different directors, one a crappy art school shmuck who does nothing but SUCK, and the other a crafty, pitch-perfect indie film director who makes masterpieces.

I can't dislike it. I'd even watch it again if it comes out on netflix. But I get why many hurl their hate at it.

It sorta reminds me of Franzen's The Corrections. People loved it. It won the national book award. Parts of it are indeed incredible writing. But other parts, specifically the Denise section, as just god awful. Such a bipolar work. Just like Tree of Life.
I'd like to highlight this post for a specific reason. It's one thing to have a baseless opinion but Flysack shares why, shows some appreciation for the film which I like(ToL) but wouldn't want to watch again and again, and overall I sort of agree with or understand where the POV is coming from.

Thanks
Agree and I like his analysis. But it is pretty clear from his analysis that it isn't even close to worst ever territory.

I agree that it's kind of silly to put Barfly in here but the idea that it is anywhere in the same stratosphere as GF 1 & 2 is laughable.
Let's argue about it for few pages.

I knew the second I wrote GF somebody would come in and say that. But you get the point. Barfly is a lot closer to GF than it is to Dungeons and Dragons, IMHO.

I agree that Donnie Darko is highly overrated but even with understanding the deep nuances, which I don't know and won't look into, it is still far above a worst ever level.

V for Vendetta is meh but, come on, worst ever is an incredibly low bar and V doesn't even come close.

Mamet gets a free pass from most people for Glengarry Glen Ross but to say that anything he touches approaches worst ever category is plain silly. My experience with him is Spanish Prisoner, Redbelt & Phil Spector and while they may not be spectacular, again, they don't even come close to worst ever territory.

Sorry you didn't enjoy them, I wasn't exactly a huge fan either (except for Glengarry Glen Ross which is phenomenal), but you need to re-calibrate your film appreciation meter.
Watch "House of Games" and tell you me you don't want to smack a child with a kitten flung by it's tail after about a half an hour of that constant repeat every last line nonsense that Mamet does.

Watch "House of Games" and tell you me you don't want to smack a child with a kitten flung by it's tail after about a half an hour of that constant repeat every last line nonsense that Mamet does.
Watch Glengarry Glen Ross and think the opposite. So...?

House of Games was the first Mamet I saw- didn't bother me at the time, even though I thought it was odd. I mentioned the writing to my brother and his wife (both actors, and both people who's opinion about such things I typically respect) and they both gushed about Mamet, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But with the first movie viewing out of the way, the repeat thing you mention makes his work pretty much unwatchable to me. So ####### annoying. But far- really far- from the worst movies I've ever seen.

also near the bottom of my rankings:

Pink Flamingos

Batman & Robin

the 1925 version of "Wizard of Oz"

Grown Ups 2 was so bad that we would have to pause it every now and again and reenact what was going on in the writer's room. We had to rewind many times to just marvel at the lines coming out the mouth's of great comedians like Rock, Spade and James. The movie didn't seem like an honest attempt.

It's not like I can't enjoy a Sandler movie either. That's My Boy is actually a crack-up.

KarmaPolice said:
Yeah, Batman and Robin is atrocious.
horrible.

I"ve walked out of two movies in my life- this one and One Crazy Summer.

eta: and yet, I somehow made it through Dungeons and Dragons :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Insein said:
I think the thread is on a tangent now. People are naming movies they don't like that are liked by the majority. This thread should be reserved for steaming piles of all kinds. Bonfire of the Vanities style bombs.

Need a new thread of unpopular movie opinions.
:goodposting:

Here are my worst selections.

Michael - John Travolta, Andie MacDowell, William Hurt. This is horrible. It actually finished at #1 at the box office in it's first week of release. I wonder if half of them even saw the ending.

Yor, the Hunter from the Future - I saw this at the theater, man was this horrible.

I can't believe Howard the Duck isn't getting any play in this thread. I can't break down exactly how and why It's so godawful, since it was all I could do to make it through, but I didn't know then that it was a film adaptation of some comic. That knowledge would have lowered my expectations by a lot. Still, I think that stinker failed in every conceivable way.

I can't believe Howard the Duck isn't getting any play in this thread. I can't break down exactly how and why It's so godawful, since it was all I could do to make it through, but I didn't know then that it was a film adaptation of some comic. That knowledge would have lowered my expectations by a lot. Still, I think that stinker failed in every conceivable way.
Except young hot Lea Thompson.

Caddyshack 2 is easily the winner. Can't believe that steaming pile only got one mention in here.

The Fountain is also in consideration.

Insein said:
I think the thread is on a tangent now. People are naming movies they don't like that are liked by the majority. This thread should be reserved for steaming piles of all kinds. Bonfire of the Vanities style bombs.

Need a new thread of unpopular movie opinions.
:goodposting:

Here are my worst selections.

Michael - John Travolta, Andie MacDowell, William Hurt. This is horrible. It actually finished at #1 at the box office in it's first week of release. I wonder if half of them even saw the ending.

Yor, the Hunter from the Future - I saw this at the theater, man was this horrible.
Michael is one of those movies I actually watch whenever I see it playing on TV. Although I must admit most of that desire is based on my attraction to Andie MacDowell. William Hurt was aweful in the movie though.

Users who are viewing this thread