What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wheel of Fortune Hail Mary -- Crazy puzzle solve (1 Viewer)

Initially seeing the piece I was patting myself on the back thinking "New York Pizza" until I realized the O was excluded.

Initially seeing the piece I was patting myself on the back thinking "New York Pizza" until I realized the O was excluded.
Nice work. :lol: No sarc. That's a good solve, too.
Not really. R is a given letter and York clearly has an R in it. A good puzzle solver would not waste any time thinking the answer could be New York something.

Last edited by a moderator:
bad beat for wheel of fortune... although the free advertising probably makes up for it.

as an aside, who still watches these game shows? i guess they are child and senior citizen safe

At first I thought he must have been cheating. Then I figured if he wanted to cheat he would have put up better letters so it wouldn't have seemed so miraculous.

That was a pretty sick solve. Said he used the unused letter board and it just popped into his head.
Had to be cheating, right?
Early in the show, he solved another puzzle with only about 3 letters on the board. It was not cheating, or a fluke. The guy can see words in his head and form word combinations much faster than 95% of the clowns on that show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sajak looked generally aggravated that he guessed that correctly. When you consider the letters they automatically give you, plus the other letters usually chosen the most (which I am sure they have all figured out), you know they choose phrases that are difficult to get right, and they probably figured that that would be one that the final contestant would never get right.

bad beat for wheel of fortune... although the free advertising probably makes up for it.

as an aside, who still watches these game shows? i guess they are child and senior citizen safe
Bad beat :lmao:

That's the best thing to happen to that show in years.

It was still definitely a great solve, but I think he got lucky in the A and B being a big part of the solve.. When they showed the used letter board at the end, I could see how his eye could go there first with them being on the end.

I still watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy especially between football and baseball season. It is good light TV watching after dinner.

I still watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy especially between football and baseball season. It is good light TV watching after dinner.
Let's put it this way, there are far worse things on tv.

Dude tonight killing it early on. Got "Robin Williams as Mrs Doubtfire" with just the three Rs.

Users who are viewing this thread