What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Requesting the wisdom and creativity of the mighty FFA - Cryptex clues. (2 Viewers)

Ron Swanson

Footballguy
I try to get creative with Christmas gifts for my nieces and nephews. I know ultimately they prefer gift cards or cash but I like to try to keep it interesting. This year I'm stashing the cash in cryptex tubes. They have to solve the tube to get the cash. I may even put all the cash for one group of them in a single tube and let the one who opens it determine distribution. :devil: So each tube will come with a note that contains clues, riddles, and probably a shift cipher once each note is constructed. Here's where I need help because I'm just not that bright...

Help me come up with clues, riddles, etc. for these two 6 letter words (separately, these are two different cryptex tubes):
Here's what the tubes look like for reference.

The words:
MAROON (Aggies reference but not all clues have to be Aggie based) Would also consider clues for AGGIES but I suspect they may be too easy.
FUTBOL

These kids are all older - 14-21 - so off color is fine.

How old are the kids? You could throw in a Montreal Maroon or Maroon 5 reference, but it depends how old they are and how much research they can do to get the word.

FUTBOL is a Spanish passion

MAROON - What the crew did to Matt Damon on the Martian, or what color stains do your pants have after sliding into the end zone at Kyle Field.

FUTBOL - El deporte que juega Messi.

MAROON - I whistle, I have moves, I play at weddings, what am I?

AGGIES - we farm, we salute, we have reveille, what am I?

Futbol - we kick, we cheer, we lasso
What am I?

Shrug

How old are the kids? You could throw in a Montreal Maroon or Maroon 5 reference, but it depends how old they are and how much research they can do to get the word.

FUTBOL is a Spanish passion
For futbol, something like "the passion of the cristavaons" or "the passion in the capital of fashion". that would refer to a town in brazil (maybe there is another town somewhere that is a better pun) or madrid.

this looks like national treasure stuff which was one of the greatest movies ever made featuring the loveable scamp nick cage so i salute you and hope that you find the declaration of independence take that to the bank brochacho

Users who are viewing this thread