What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When is Daniel Snyder going to be relieved of his duties as an owner and forced to sell? (1 Viewer)

Is it safe for me to assume I'm the only person hoping he prevails and keeps the team?

Why on earth would you hope for this?
It's the fair and obvious question you ask to point I had reservations making the post to which you responded as I figured I'd have to endure the brunt of criticism for not wanting to see the team forced from him or even worst that people would just think this was some kind of shtick, which it's not.

It's as simple for me as I think I'm bound to an inherent belief that when you buy something it's yours to do with as you please. The idea someone can force you to give up something you bought because they don't like what you are doing with it is not something I am comfortable supporting even if it's something as public as a sports team. I got no agenda. I don't like Snyder and did not care for Sterling or Sarver either and felt the same in each instance. Againt not shtick or an opinion I would expect to have many agree with me on. I'm all for turning up the heat on these type of people to point they feel compelled to sale the team and exit their league(s). All for that. I just don't like when the process is is basically forcefully taking the team from them because you don't like the PR/social awareness blowback related to how they run their teams, especially when we are not talking any issues like breaking laws.

Owning a sports team is different than owning real estate. You're part of a collective and part of the terms agreed upon purchasing the team is giving up certain autonomy and rights you would otherwise have.

For those looking for additional reasons to dislike Snyder, my wife's cousin used to work for the organization and is married to a former player. I've heard some stories... Employees instructed not to ever make eye contact with Mr. Snyder. Employees allowed to use the gym but if Mr. Snyder enters the gym you must immediately leave. Lots of fun stuff like that. One of the most toxic work cultures I've ever heard described.
Same. Know several people that in most organizations would be only 1 step below him, maybe 2 steps. Can't be in elevator with him. No eye contact. No talking. He doesn't talk directly to you in meetings. If you are his CFO, you are never supposed to be seen or heard by him. The guy is an incredibly talented shyster. He cheated his way into money which is pretty well documented. And he doesn't know how to run anything. Commanders, Six Flags, etc take your pick. He cares about one person ... Danny, and the only way he knows how to protect Danny is through the same lawsuits he's used throughout his life.

He is also one of the least wealthy NFL owners. All of his money (relative to other NFL owners) is pretty much in the team valuation. He's already bumping up against their cap for not having enough money. That's really where his troubles will be and why he won't get a stadium deal.

Years before this franchise has a new owner IMO. He will fight them to the death.

Snyder seems scared like @fatness said earlier in the thread. He doesn't have enough dirt to make the owners think they cannot overcome it and they can get out in front of this and apologize for Snyder and his actions on behalf of the NFL and spin it as building a stronger NFL for the future that includes the great fans of the Commanders and MOVE ON!

In a week or two the shocked screams from whatever might be in the closet will die down and as long as they are vocal about not wanting to allow 1 owner to bully the other 31, think everyone will understand that tunes in weekly to watch the games, they won't lose a single fan over it, in fact they might gain more.

I think Dan has broken the law, or at very least, cheated LOTS of people out of money. He's a POS, and outside of winning our 4th SB, this is probably the 2nd greatest thing that could happen to this fanbase, if he his finally removed.

Is it safe for me to assume I'm the only person hoping he prevails and keeps the team?

It's the fair and obvious question you ask to point I had reservations making the post to which you responded as I figured I'd have to endure the brunt of criticism for not wanting to see the team forced from him or even worst that people would just think this was some kind of shtick, which it's not.

It's as simple for me as I think I'm bound to an inherent belief that when you buy something it's yours to do with as you please. The idea someone can force you to give up something you bought because they don't like what you are doing with it is not something I am comfortable supporting even if it's something as public as a sports team. I got no agenda. I don't like Snyder and did not care for Sterling or Sarver either and felt the same in each instance. Againt not shtick or an opinion I would expect to have many agree with me on. I'm all for turning up the heat on these type of people to point they feel compelled to sale the team and exit their league(s). All for that. I just don't like when the process is is basically forcefully taking the team from them because you don't like the PR/social awareness blowback related to how they run their teams, especially when we are not talking any issues like breaking laws.

If he was keeping two sets of books -- and there seems to be credible evidence that he was, not to mention a history of behavior that suggests he's someone who would do exactly that -- then that's effectively stealing. I don't think that falls under the category of "when you buy something, it's yours to do with as you please."

I don't know enough about the guy, but I almost always tend to root for someone who is shunned so much by the general public.
That's part of it as well, when the world seemingly piles on someone I just have a tendency to start pulling for them turn the tides. Not that Snyder is a sympathetic figure.

If he was keeping two sets of books -- and there seems to be credible evidence that he was, not to mention a history of behavior that suggests he's someone who would do exactly that -- then that's effectively stealing. I don't think that falls under the category of "when you buy something, it's yours to do with as you please.

A few have brought this up but he's not been so much as charged with a crime as far as I know. This seems more like an area for law enforcement then owners trying to take his team away but either way I think it's premature to conclude he's guilty of criminal offenses.

I don't know enough about the guy, but I almost always tend to root for someone who is shunned so much by the general public.
That's part of it as well, when the world seemingly piles on someone I just have a tendency to start pulling for them turn the tides. Not that Snyder is a sympathetic figure.

If he was keeping two sets of books -- and there seems to be credible evidence that he was, not to mention a history of behavior that suggests he's someone who would do exactly that -- then that's effectively stealing. I don't think that falls under the category of "when you buy something, it's yours to do with as you please.

A few have brought this up but he's not been so much as charged with a crime as far as I know. This seems more like an area for law enforcement then owners trying to take his team away but either way I think it's premature to conclude he's guilty of criminal offenses.
Well, it's true he hasn't been charged with anything. It's also true that he's still the Commanders owner. I don't have any problem with a guy like Snyder being put through the wringer. But if it's too early to say "he hasn't been charged with anything," then it's also premature to say the owners are trying to take his team away from him. In both instances, there's a lot of smoke.

This is a bizarre answer IMO because it's a FRANCHISE. Regardless of what business you're in, when you buy a FRANCHISE you agree to the rules set by the central company. A FRANCHISE is NOT an independent company. The NFL PROMOTES for it's FRANCHISES, provides education and training, manuals and rules.......and rightfully expects certain things in return. no franchise owner in ANY BUSINESS is free to do whatever they like

I also don't believe he has nearly the dirt on other owners that he's implying he has. He's just creating fear to create hesitation to create inaction among the other owners and the NFL. Reminds me of Vladimir Putin without nuclear weapons.
The thing about blackmail is that the more explicit the threat, the less effective it becomes. The best (from the blackmailer's POV) is if the victim has done something wrong and suspects the blackmailer knows about it. Once they reveal the information they have, it's less effective because a) the victim knows what they know and can judge accordingly, and b) the blackmailer has now committed a crime. And of course, once they actually release the information they have lost all their leverage.

In Snyder's case, I think he wanted NFL owners to suspect he knew all their secrets and therefore fear him, but once ESPN reported the story and made it explicit it hurt him and may well end up hastening his demise.

Just talked to Drew Shipley, the @Commanders
fan whose $14kprize check from the team bounced after winning the 50/50 raffle week 1. The team paid him what he was owed this afternoon but he remains stunned. "Who am I supposed to talk to? Am I supposed to call Dan Snyder myself?"

This belongs in the dysfunctional thread ... but Snyder was mentioned so 🤷
Thread say he hassled the commanders for a month they finally paid him and then the check bounced

Forbes' Mike Ozanian reports Daniel Snyder has hired Bank of America to sell the Washington Commanders.​

It's news for which Washington fans have waited for two decades. Ozanian said "Snyder and his bankers are exploring all options and a transaction could be for the entire NFL team or a minority stake." Snyder has interest from "at least" four groups looking to purchase the team, which is valued at $5.6 billion despite 30 years of futility. He could remain part of the organization depending on the details of the sale. This is surely welcomed news for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and the other 31 NFL owners, some of whom have expressed interest in ousting Snyder as Washington's owner. Snyder and his organization have a laughingstock and embarrassment for both the league and a Washington fanbase that has whittled down to almost nothing. Most Washington home games sound like away games for the Commanders. The league has investigated Snyder for fostering a culture of sexual harassment. Women who have worked for the Commanders have accused Snyder himself of sexual misconduct.
SOURCE: Forbes.com
Nov 2, 2022, 10:56 AM ET

He would make a great evil figure head in a new football league like the ones they are trying to launch now with the Rock or whoever.
He should start his own league with the $6B he's going to get when he sells the team. Complete disaster as an owner, not even good for the community in terms of PR.
I'll never forgive Washington and Riggins for running over Don McNeil and the Dolphins in Super Bowl XVII when I was 8 years old but please free the Washington fan base, they deserve better.

You know that a-hole will just sell 49.99% of the team, build his new stadium, and middle finger all the Commander fans til the end of time.

You know that a-hole will just sell 49.99% of the team, build his new stadium, and middle finger all the Commander fans til the end of time.
There is nowhere in DC, MD, or VA Snyder can build a stadium. All 3 jurisdictions are sick of his crap.

I don’t know where or when the photo of Jerry Jones came out. I can’t find anything other than the photo. If it was just now, do we assume this is Snyder’s Private investigators work? Initial launch of dirt he has. ?

The New York Post reports Washington owner Daniel Snyder could decide to maintain his ownership after bids to buy the team fell short of Snyder’s $6 billion cutoff.​

The top offer to buy the Commanders came in at $5.5 billion, falling short of the $7 billion valuation for the team. Snyder has a grudge against Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post and published a series of exposes on Snyder, and has benched Bezos from entering the auction. There are rumors the low offers could result in Snyder not selling his stake in the team. A decision on whether Snyder will walk away is expected by the annual owners’ meeting on March 26.
SOURCE: New York Post
Feb 25, 2023, 11:34 AM ET

The New York Post reports Washington owner Daniel Snyder could decide to maintain his ownership after bids to buy the team fell short of Snyder’s $6 billion cutoff.​

The top offer to buy the Commanders came in at $5.5 billion, falling short of the $7 billion valuation for the team. Snyder has a grudge against Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post and published a series of exposes on Snyder, and has benched Bezos from entering the auction. There are rumors the low offers could result in Snyder not selling his stake in the team. A decision on whether Snyder will walk away is expected by the annual owners’ meeting on March 26.
This scumbag weasel is just never going away. :doh:

He really is the biggest POS in the history of NFL ownership.

I actually kind of doubt that but don't have the info to back it up.
He might need to get in line even if we are just talking history of this football team.
Jack Kent Cook was a saint compared to Dan...
And he's probably running second in the POS Washington football team ownership race.

To put George Preston Marshall in perspective he has 4 categories on his wiki page. Life and Career. Personal Life. Death. Racism.

He might need to get in line even if we are just talking history of this football team.
And he's probably running second in the POS Washington football team ownership race.

To put George Preston Marshall in perspective he has 4 categories on his wiki page. Life and Career. Personal Life. Death. Racism.
I gotta admit I don't know my history with Marshall...I just know Dan has been despicable throughout his tenure and I can't wait until he's gone.

I'm hoping that when he refuses to sell, the other owners just step in and force him out of the league. They're pretty sick of his ****, and this whole "let BOA solicit and analyze bids for the team" process is just allowed to let him save face before selling. If he then doesn't sell, the charade is over and I think the league's gloves come off.

A guy can dream.

I'm hoping that when he refuses to sell, the other owners just step in and force him out of the league. They're pretty sick of his ****, and this whole "let BOA solicit and analyze bids for the team" process is just allowed to let him save face before selling. If he then doesn't sell, the charade is over and I think the league's gloves come off.

A guy can dream.

Snyder's purported sale escapade just drove up the market value of the other 31 owners by $1.5 billion each.

Pressure from other owners to sell now relieved
problem solved

I gotta admit I don't know my history with Marshall...I just know Dan has been despicable throughout his tenure and I can't wait until he's gone.
Marshall was before my time but have read and heard a lot about him. He was basically the biggest deterrent for the NFL allowing black players in the league that we've ever seen.

Marshall was before my time but have read and heard a lot about him. He was basically the biggest deterrent for the NFL allowing black players in the league that we've ever seen.
holy crap did they build this franchise on burial grounds? just awful...no wonder we've been cursed the last few decades

A guy can dream.

Snyder's purported sale escapade just drove up the market value of the other 31 owners by $1.5 billion each.
How's that?

Front Office Sports' A.J. Perez reports Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos "remains in the mix" to buy the Washington Commanders.​

The New York Post reported last week that embattled team owner Dan Snyder might decide to maintain his ownership to ensure Bezos, a longtime rival, does not end up with the franchise. The top offer for the Commanders is reportedly $5.5 billion, well short of the $7 billion valuation for the historic franchise that has been among the NFL's worst teams for the past three decades. Perez said "news that Snyder wouldn’t sell to Bezos amounts to a ploy to get a high bid out of the Amazon founder." The list of potential buyers has been narrowed in recent weeks. It would seem Bezos, owner of The Washington Post, still has a chance to take over the Commanders this offseason.
SOURCE: FrontOfficeSports.com
Feb 27, 2023, 9:48 AM ET

This guy is the biggest POS in sports...

The Washington Post's Mark Maske reports Commanders owner Daniel Snyder is demanding indemnity from future legal issue should he sell the team, or risk legal action.​

And in a shocker to nobody, that assertion did not sit well with the owners in the league, reigniting talks of removing Snyder as an NFL owner. The phrases used to describe his demands included "ridiculous" and "absurd." The ongoing and behind-the-scenes legal battles between Snyder, the league, and civil and criminal circuits rage on for one of professional sports' most dysfunctional franchises.

This guy is the biggest POS in sports...

The Washington Post's Mark Maske reports Commanders owner Daniel Snyder is demanding indemnity from future legal issue should he sell the team, or risk legal action.​

And in a shocker to nobody, that assertion did not sit well with the owners in the league, reigniting talks of removing Snyder as an NFL owner. The phrases used to describe his demands included "ridiculous" and "absurd." The ongoing and behind-the-scenes legal battles between Snyder, the league, and civil and criminal circuits rage on for one of professional sports' most dysfunctional franchises.
Mark Maske is a good reporter.

Owners would initiate vote to remove Snyder if Commanders not sold

NFL owners would move toward a vote to remove Daniel Snyder from ownership of the Washington Commanders if he doesn't sell the franchise, sources told the Washington Post's Mark Maske, Nicki Jhabvala, and Liz Clarke. Snyder demanded that the NFL and other franchise owners indemnify him against future legal liability and costs if he sells the team, per the Washington Post. The 58-year-old reportedly said he'd sue the league if his requests aren't fulfilled.
Franchise owners had called Snyder's demands "ridiculous" and "absurd," according to the Washington Post. They believe any vote to remove Snyder would survive a legal challenge. Three-quarters of franchise owners would need to support a potential vote for Snyder to be removed as the Commanders' owner.

Snyder reportedly requested that the league keep the findings of attorney Mary Jo White's ongoing investigation into alleged workplace misconduct and sexual harassment confidential. The NFL said the findings will be released publicly. Federal authorities in the Eastern District of Virginia are also investigating the Commanders for potential financial improprieties.
Maske, Jhabvala, and Clarke are reliable reporters.

The last paragraph is the sticking point in my opinion. Snyder does NOT want the results of any investigation into him to be released, period.

Dan Snyder is the worst person in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread