What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where in the world are the middle-aged dummies? Worldwide top 31 song countdown. (1 Viewer)

Twenty-Four-Point Selections:
24 carat gold selections, with only a hint of spoiler

1 - Hey tim, how on earth did you find this artist? Their view count is quite low. Its got a good vibe if you like this type of music and she clearly is putting her heart and soul into it.

4k subscribers, 207 views...now 208.

I assume closing down the politics forum opened up time for Tim to explore new things. That said, no way this belongs in any top 10 list.
This is supposed to be my favorites right? At the moment “First Time I Died” is one of my favorites. So why shouldn’t I rank it?

Interesting question. Taking it to the extreme, I would say my favorite song is my son singing Jingle Bells with a kid originally born in Mexico.

As long as you continued your approach and don't drop in a Metallic song at #1 while omitting all the other big names from your top ten to skew the final results it really doesn't matter. I've been hitting up your songs out of curiosity which has been interesting and why I like your approach. That said, I find the various ranking of the various different Queen, Talking Heads, Metallica, Neil Young, etc songs more interesting.

That said, a fun exercise would be a ranking thread of songs Most Haven't Heard and song Most Have Heard based on some Billboard ranking.

ETA - IMO...You also said "at the moment". Personally I think lists like this should be based on songs that will have staying power in your personal rankings. It's not fair to penalize Stairway for being overplayed and include a cool new tune that would fall below Stairway if it was overplayed.

tim's always been in the music threads and has led a lot of terrific music threads himself. I don't recall seeing you in them before, but there are some such as the 2000s music threads that I don't spend much time in, so maybe those are your jam. In any case, you are very welcome in this one, and it's nice to see new "faces"!

Regarding your statements of what these lists "should" look like, that's not what we've been doing here. Within the parameters of artist eligibility, people are free to do what they wish. In the British Isles one, for instance, if I were going to do a true look at my top 31 songs, they'd be overwhelming Beatles and Beatles-adjacent, which just didn't seem that fun to me. Many of us have limited ourselves to a "one per artist" rule, but many have not. On the other extreme, in the US countdown someone limited himself only to female artists, and in the UK one someone limited himself to music from this century. In this one, JML challenged himself to come up with lists representing 62 different countries, and some of the songs are ones he'd never heard before this exercise. All up to the person in question, and I wouldn't tell someone what they should be doing. The differing approaches has actually made it more fun (to me at least), as we've been introduced to a lot of new music that we've ended up loving!

Your ideas for threads of the "Most Haven't Heard" and "Most Have Heard" sound intriguing. Fire 'em up! We did do one that was sorta like your "Most Have Heard" when we did a draft involving Rolling Stone's latest garbage top 500 list. But it was limited to those 500 songs, so your suggestion is a bit different.
Been around most of them. Don't have the memory to participate as someone's "next 100" would look better. Kind of staggered by the commitment some of you put into these, not to mention the knowledge.

Regarding your "should" statement...I find the numbers and stats interesting (go figure on a FF board). Val has put effort in tabulating them so the idealist wants them to reflect something. Agreed with you that the different criteria people use lead to new finds. I've looked at many of the one offs posted here. I believe I stated to Tim that was a reason why I liked his approach. When you assign points based on ranking and then tabulate multiple people's submission there's an implied expectation that everyone is working off criteria that are somewhat the same. Being a stats purist in an art thread doesn't exactly go together. The ACE award idea is probably perfect for this, although it's still fun to follow along regarding which poster predicts the top ten.

Fun thread to lurk in. Thanks for putting in the time and posting the content.

Don Quixote:

Domingo No Parque - Gilberto Gil (Brazil)
(new artist)

I did not comment on it yesterday, but I did enjoy seeing Jorge Ben Jor and Sergio Mendes on the lists yesterday. I obviously enjoy the Brazilian music.

I like some history along with my music, and I think my love for “Domingo no Parque” was increased by that; so, I’ll share a bit of that context. This may end up more like an essay, but so be it.

This is the last song on my list to feature artists that are also featured on the album cover in my avatar. Gilberto Gil is seated on the floor, front and center. Although not credited, he was backed by Os Mutantes (among those standing in the back, and whose song “A Minha Menina” appeared at #19 in my list). The arrangement was by Rogerio Duprat (seated, holding the chamber pot like a tea cup).

I mentioned that the album cover was inspired by Sgt. Pepper’s. The arrangement in this song has some influence from “A Day in the Life”, but wedded with Brazilian capoeira music.

The YouTube link that I included is to the performance at the 1967 festival, where this song debuted along with Caetano Veloso’s “Alegria, Alegria.” The performance is one of the watershed moments in the Tropicalia era. I mentioned in my post for “Baby” that Veloso was arrested in 1968 by Brazil’s military dictatorship for inciting the youth and spent the next several years in the UK in exile with another artist — Gilberto Gil was the other artist.

It was pretty revolutionary for its time through the mixing of Brazilian and heavy rock elements. Themes also marked a drastic change for Brazilian music. Melody and song start off a bit sunny introducing the characters of Jose, his friend Joao, and “the girl of his dreams,” Juliana. Jose then sees Joao and Juliana on a date in the park together; the lyrics then take a pretty dark turn, and slowly reveal a crime of passion. But I enjoy the song even without getting all that — it does have that call-and-response that I’ve noted that I love in any language.

Gil has had a great career with lots to explore, and the primary challenge for me was just limiting myself to one song of his.

I may or may not have more Brazilian artists, but this is the last that I’d put down as Tropicalia. I do think it was an interesting era — this Tropicalia documentary was pretty good, with interviews with many of the leading figures.

Last edited:

1 - Hey tim, how on earth did you find this artist? Their view count is quite low. Its got a good vibe if you like this type of music and she clearly is putting her heart and soul into it.

I assume closing down the politics forum opened up time for Tim to explore new things. That said, no way this belongs in any top 10 list.
This is supposed to be my favorites right? At the moment “First Time I Died” is one of my favorites. So why shouldn’t I rank it?

Interesting question. Taking it to the extreme, I would say my favorite song is my son singing Jingle Bells with a kid originally born in Mexico.

As long as you continued your approach and don't drop in a Metallic song at #1 while omitting all the other big names from your top ten to skew the final results it really doesn't matter. I've been hitting up your songs out of curiosity which has been interesting and why I like your approach. That said, I find the various ranking of the various different Queen, Talking Heads, Metallica, Neil Young, etc songs more interesting.

That said, a fun exercise would be a ranking thread of songs Most Haven't Heard and song Most Have Heard based on some Billboard ranking.

ETA - IMO...You also said "at the moment". Personally I think lists like this should be based on songs that will have staying power in your personal rankings. It's not fair to penalize Stairway for being overplayed and include a cool new tune that would fall below Stairway if it was overplayed.

tim's always been in the music threads and has led a lot of terrific music threads himself. I don't recall seeing you in them before, but there are some such as the 2000s music threads that I don't spend much time in, so maybe those are your jam. In any case, you are very welcome in this one, and it's nice to see new "faces"!

Regarding your statements of what these lists "should" look like, that's not what we've been doing here. Within the parameters of artist eligibility, people are free to do what they wish. In the British Isles one, for instance, if I were going to do a true look at my top 31 songs, they'd be overwhelming Beatles and Beatles-adjacent, which just didn't seem that fun to me. Many of us have limited ourselves to a "one per artist" rule, but many have not. On the other extreme, in the US countdown someone limited himself only to female artists, and in the UK one someone limited himself to music from this century. In this one, JML challenged himself to come up with lists representing 62 different countries, and some of the songs are ones he'd never heard before this exercise. All up to the person in question, and I wouldn't tell someone what they should be doing. The differing approaches has actually made it more fun (to me at least), as we've been introduced to a lot of new music that we've ended up loving!

Your ideas for threads of the "Most Haven't Heard" and "Most Have Heard" sound intriguing. Fire 'em up! We did do one that was sorta like your "Most Have Heard" when we did a draft involving Rolling Stone's latest garbage top 500 list. But it was limited to those 500 songs, so your suggestion is a bit different.
Been around most of them. Don't have the memory to participate as someone's "next 100" would look better. Kind of staggered by the commitment some of you put into these, not to mention the knowledge.

Regarding your "should" statement...I find the numbers and stats interesting (go figure on a FF board). Val has put effort in tabulating them so the idealist wants them to reflect something. Agreed with you that the different criteria people use lead to new finds. I've looked at many of the one offs posted here. I believe I stated to Tim that was a reason why I liked his approach. When you assign points based on ranking and then tabulate multiple people's submission there's an implied expectation that everyone is working off criteria that are somewhat the same. Being a stats purist in an art thread doesn't exactly go together. The ACE award idea is probably perfect for this, although it's still fun to follow along regarding which poster predicts the top ten.

This isn't meant to be scientific.

Ilov80s actually does the spreadsheet/tabulation, and I have eight different documents doing the same. :) I love stats. After it's over, I can answer any damn question anyone asks. :lol:

Doug B:

Electric Blue - Icehouse
(new song)

I just heard this the other day on some 80's station - first time I've heard it in forever. Great tune!

Yeah ... this is one of those that makes me think of high-school crushes. When you held out hope of putting just that right song on a mixtape and making her swoon.

Musically, I've always like the part mid-way through (I think the beginning of the second verse going from memory) where the band drops in a more-prominent "chugging" bass line that adds to the urgency of the song's message. A very nice little touch that elevates a good song into a great one.

Plus: A factoid I've learned, forgotten, and re-learned many times: This guy co-wrote and sings backup on the track.

I did not comment on it yesterday, but I did enjoy seeing Jorge Ben Jor and Sergio Mendes on the lists yesterday. I obviously enjoy the Brazilian music.

On "Alibis", Mendes comes very close to throwing off his Brazilian roots completely and wrapping both arms around contemporary SoCal smooth rock. The backing track still maintains just a little of that Brazilian influence, though -- there's an agogo being scraped in the background.

known to me favs from today (that have not yet been commented on)

Cowgirl In The Sand - Neil Youngtimboone of my Neil favs - had to go to YT just to hear it again, shame he took his stuff off spotify
I Got You - Split EnzPipoh man, this slipped through on me - this defines the 80s, love this song
You Could Be Mine - Guns N' RosesAndy Dthese guys are not in my wheelhouse, but this thing is out of control good
Over My Head - Fleetwood MacDr. Octopuslove the Christy McVie songs
Dark Star - CSNSullielater 70s song for them and it's one of my favorites - just a beautiful tune
Tom Sawyer - RushRaging Weaselreaction.
Hot For Teacher - Van HalenVal Ranneous"I don't FEEL tardy" …gotta get one of those T-shirts
Panama - Van HalenMt. ManYEAH - this was a close second for my VH pick
Expecting To Fly - Buffalo Springfieldsimeythis entire album is so good
Dreams (Dream Lover) - Faye WongJMLwow - had no idea who sang this
Electric Blue - IcehouseDoug Btakes me back - so MTV
Rockin' In The Free World - Neil YoungZegras11Neil anthem
End Of The Line - The Traveling WilburysAAABatteriesI am a giant George fan, and big ELO guy but find that not much of the Wilburys catalog attracts me - but this is good

known to me favs from today that have been commented on

The Chain - Fleetwood MacJust Win Baby
Oye Como Va - SantanaDrIanMalcolm
Under Pressure - Queen and David Bowieshuke/westerberg
Blinded By The Light - Manfred MannMrs. Rannous
Get Lucky - Daft Punk featuring Pharrel & NileIlove80s
The Weight - The Bandkrista
Dancing Queen - Abbahiggins
Jailbreak - AC/DCOH

NEW to me favs from today

Children - Robert Milestitusbrambleso soothing - this reminds me of something out of my Narada collection (which I love)
Pissing In A River - Patti Smith Groupworrierkingreally need to go back and listen to those first couple of albums of hers - this is awesome
Little Talks - Of Monsters and MenMAC 32I had heard of these guys but couldn't attach a song to them - this is a good one
Absolute - Scritti PolittiHov34great ABC vibe
Tenebre - Claudio Simonetti's Goblinjwbthis is what I would imagine would happen if you put the general attitude of Europeans, the sound of the
Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Roger Ebert's feisty younger brother together in a blender.

This isn't meant to be scientific.

Ilov80s actually does the spreadsheet/tabulation, and I have eight different documents doing the same. :) I love stats. After it's over, I can answer any damn question anyone asks. :lol:

I disagree

Eligible based on Mutt Lunge of South Africa handling backup vocals.

Dolby played the synth intro to "Waiting For A Girl Like You." from Foreigner.

I disagree

Eligible based on Mutt Lunge of South Africa handling backup vocals.

Dolby played the synth intro to "Waiting For A Girl Like You." from Foreigner.

:lol: But actually not eligible. Solo artist rule; only Dolby counts. Was eligible, but not selected, in the British Isles countdown.

For today's song, Tenebre - this is my second top-10 instrumental. I'm a horror movie fan, and love Dario Argento's 70's/80's films. If you like his movies, you undoubtably notice the music, which is often credited to an Italian Synth/Metal band called Goblin (or The Goblins or Claudio Simonetti or Claudio Simonetti's Goblin.) Whichever it is, the scores for many of his films (especially Profondo Rosso, Suspiria, and Tenebre) are really notable. This one plays in the film of the same name during a really cool crane camera tracking sequence that, in the 80's, was pretty cutting-edge camerawork. You can find the sequence pretty easily on youtube, but it has some bloody nakedness in it so I'd rather not link it. But the scene is really good, and the music makes it that much better, so much so that the tune stuck in my brain.

This was a rough pwnage day for me. I had one I thought might slip to me, but it was snaked. Probably my favorite rediscovered rocker in a long time.

But "Stadium Love" by Metric fell and I just love its arena sound. Public fighting and ****ing! With those synths! Go on, Emily.

Wanna make a bet
We'll be neck and neck
Taking off the gloves

Spider vs. bat
Tiger vs. rat
Owl vs. dove

Every little thing/pushed into the ring
Fight it out to wow the crowd
Guess you thought you couldn't just watch
No one's getting out
Without stadium love
Without stadium love

Twenty-Six-Point Selections:

timschochet:

Cowgirl In The Sand - Neil Young
(new song)

Pip's playlist selection: I'll go with Josie Cotton, whose version appears on Cinnamon Girl: Women Artists Cover Neil Young for Charity, which is pretty good overall. https://open.spotify.com/track/2tmzEd8gX9KQS1JnFaKDlw?si=ee455dce83814639

Just Win Baby:

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac (American and English band members)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Pip’s Invitation:

I Got You - Split Enz (New Zealand/UK)
(duplicate, second vote)

Andy Dufresne:

You Could Be Mine - Guns N’ Roses
(new song)

DrIanMalcolm:

Oye Como Va - Santana (Mexico/US/Nicaragua)
(duplicate, second vote)

Don Quixote:

Domingo No Parque - Gilberto Gil (Brazil)
(new artist)

Dr. Octopus:

Over My Head - Fleetwood Mac (US and UK)
(new song)

scorchy:

Naive - KMFDM (Germany)
(new artist)

shuke:

Under Pressure - Queen and David Bowie …...........Zanzibar represent!
(duplicate, third AND fourth votes today)

Sullie:

Dark Star - Crosby, Stills & Nash (It's either because Graham Nash is British or he auditioned for Rush.)
(new song)

The Dreaded Marco:

Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire
(new song, third neighborhood)

Mister CIA:

Onstá la Yerbita - Los Destellos (Peru)
(new artist)

Hawks64:

Rainbow In The Dark - Dio
(duplicate, second vote)

Mrs. Rannous:

Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann (UK + South Africa)
(duplicate, second vote)

titusbramble:

Children - Robert Miles (Italian)
(new artist)

Raging weasel:

Tom Sawyer - Rush
(new song)

Ilov80s:

Get Lucky - Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
(duplicate, third vote)

worrierking:

Pissing In A River - Patti Smith Group (Ivan Kral from Czechoslovakia)
(new artist)

Val Rannous:

Hot For Teacher - Van Halen (Netherlands, US)
(new song)

krista4:

The Weight - The Band (Canada/US)
(duplicate, third vote)

Mt. Man:

Panama - Van Halen (2 from Netherlands)
(new song)

JMLs secret identity:

Doctorin the Tardis - The Timelords (South Africa)
(new artist)

otb_lifer:

Take Yor Whiskey Home - Van Halen (Eddie/Alex - Netherlands/Dutch)
(new song)

simey:

Expecting To Fly - Buffalo Springfield (USA, Canada)
(new song)

rockaction:

Stadium Love - Metric (Canada)
(new song)

New Binky the Doormat:

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills & Nash (2 US guys; a UK guy, and a Canuck)
(duplicate, third vote)

landrys hat:

Transcendent Ramblin' Railroad Blues - Colter Wall (Canada)
(new artist)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Dreams (Dream Lover) - Faye Wong (China)
(new artist)

MAC_32:

Little Talks - Of Monsters And Men (I misread their homeland in the last countdown as Ireland (it's Iceland))
(new song)

jwb:

Tenebre - Claudio Simonetti's Goblin
(new artist)

(jwb wasn't sure of artist here, but as best I can tell from their website, this is the name)

Eephus:

Down To Zero - Joan Armatrading
(new song)

Hov34:

Absolute - Scritti Politti
(new artist)

Manster:

Motorbreath - Metallica
(new song)

simsarge:

Hold On - Triumph (Triumph. I know, I know. Rik and the boys again. Sorry, not sorry)
(new artist)

ditkaburgers:

Take Me Away - Fefe Dobson
(new artist)

Doug B:

Electric Blue - Icehouse
(new song)

westerberg:

Under Pressure - Queen and David Bowie
(duplicate, third AND fourth votes today)

KarmaPolice:

Meet Me In The Woods - Lord Huron
(new artist)

higgins:

Dancing Queen - ABBA (Norway/Sweden mix)
(duplicate, second vote)

zamboni:

The Prophet's Song - Queen (Zanzibar)
(new song)

Zegras11:

Rockin' In The Free World - Neil Young
(new song)

(Pip’s cover selection: Pearl Jam. Any of their live versions on Spotify will do but the best-known one is on the Live on Two Legs album.)

Oliver Humanzee:

Jailbreak - AC/DC
(duplicate, second vote)

Chaos34:

Johnny B. Good - Peter Tosh
(new artist)

AAABatteries:

End Of The Line - The Traveling Wilburys
(duplicate, second vote)
Super late (apologies to all) 26 Pointer playlist

This was a rough pwnage day for me. I had one I thought might slip to me, but it was snaked. Probably my favorite rediscovered rocker in a long time.

But "Stadium Love" by Metric fell and I just love its arena sound. Public fighting and ****ing! With those synths! Go on, Emily.

Wanna make a bet
We'll be neck and neck
Taking off the gloves

Spider vs. bat
Tiger vs. rat
Owl vs. dove

Every little thing/pushed into the ring
Fight it out to wow the crowd
Guess you thought you couldn't just watch
No one's getting out
Without stadium love
Without stadium love
Nice to see someone else take Metric. They are a great band who I thought would get more love in this draft.

I fear my pick today may be undervalued because genre and it seemingly did little in the US chart wise while it was number one or really close to it in basically the whole of Europe

I'm glad you called this out because I'm not going to have time to do the whole playlist, but I just gave this a proper listen, and I like it.

ditkaburgers:

Dawn Of The Dead - Does It Offend You, Yeah?
(new artist)

Despite the Punkish sounding band name, this is another bit of 80s influenced Pop from @ditkaburgers. Does It Offend You, Yeah? was among the late 2000s wave of UK Landfill Indie bands like Bloc Party and a thousand others.

"Dawn of the Dead" has a synthesized steel drum sound in the mix that reminds her of a sunny day. She also digs how the singer's British accent comes through. By the way, the singer is James Rushent, son of producer Martin Rushent who recorded some of the landmark records of the 80s New Wave.
Eephus:

Ponta De Lanca Africano - Jorge Ben Jor
(new artist)

Like ditkaburgers pick, "Ponta De Lanca Africano" is an irresistible summer groove for me. I love it when the guitar comes back in after the call-and-response section in the middle. It's alternately titled Umbabarauma which apparently was a nickname of Brazilian footballer Carlos Alberto, the captain of the 1970 World Cup winning side. Jorge Ben Jor is a huge fan of Rio club Fluminense and has recorded other songs about soccer players.

Jorge Ben is one of the giants of Brazilian music. His 1976 album Africa Brasil includes this song as well as "Taj Mahal" which was ripped off by Rod Stewart for "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy". Africa Brazil is a terrific record with more of a funky, nightlife feel than the rest of Ben's catalog.

I'm glad the 26 pointer playlist was delayed today because it allowed me to catch up from yesterday. I wasn't able to spend much time with the 25 pointers because Lou had a vet appointment. The little guy came with a heart murmur and this was a follow-up visit with his cardiologist. The nearest canine heart specialist is in Oakland so we had to borrow my mother-in-law's car to get across the bridge. We gave our car to our son in New Mexico last year. Since we had wheels for a day, we ran a few other errands but I didn't want to mess up Grammy's bluetooth connection in order to play some tunes.

Lou's echocardiogram came back fine. The hole in his heart is the same size as it was two years ago and the vet said there's no need for future scans unless his condition changes. The traumas of separation and getting poked at were greater than the joy of riding in a car again so he's been very subdued since we got home. But we're relieved his heart is still in decent condition.

I fear my pick today may be undervalued because genre and it seemingly did little in the US chart wise while it was number one or really close to it in basically the whole of Europe
My biggest write up of the round will be your pick.
Id be worried that i like your list far too much haha
Btw Robert Miles - “Robert Miles was born in Fleurier, Switzerland, to Italian parents”

I had to make the toughest choice of my entire list, Robert Miles and Children or Yello

My top 5 from the 26 point round, excluding my own selection and prior to listening to the songs new to me:
  1. shuke, westerberg: Under Pressure - Queen and David Bowie
  2. Mt. Man: Panama - Van Halen
  3. Dr. Octopus: Over My Head - Fleetwood Mac
  4. AAABatteries: End Of The Line - The Traveling Wilburys
  5. Mrs. Rannous: Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann
This was a weaker round for my taste, compared to the last several rounds.

Known Favorites

You Could Be Mine - Guns N’ Roses (Andy Dufresne) - was so excited when this dropped several months before the albums. Love the song, but my opinion on at least half of the Use Your Illusions would violate the Thumper rule.
Rainbow In The Dark - Dio (Hawks64)
Tom Sawyer - Rush (Raging weasel) - one of the first 45s I bought. I don't have it anymore b/c a couple of cousins were over for Easter in 1981, saw the single, and told my mom that Rush was druggie music, so she took it away. Thankfully they didn't see my Dirty Deeds LP.
Pissing In A River - Patti Smith Group (worrierking)
Hot For Teacher - Van Halen (Val Rannous) - Si'down, Waldo!
Panama - Van Halen (Mt. Man)
Doctorin the Tardis - The Timelords (JMLs secret identity) - they used to play this at goth nights. Maybe DJs think there's an overlap with Dr. Who fan's? Not the case with me, but knowing the word "Tardis" has helped me complete a few hundred crossword puzzles over the decades.
Dreams (Dream Lover) - Faye Wong (John Maddens Lunchbox)
Absolute - Scritti Politti (Hov34)
Motorbreath - Metallica (Manster)
Rockin' In The Free World - Neil Young (Zegras11)

New to Me Songs I Really Liked

Children - Robert Miles (titusbramble)
Stadium Love - Metric (rockaction) - when I first typed this entry, I accidentally wrote "Crockaction." Glad I checked my post.
Down To Zero - Joan Armatrading (Eephus)
Take Me Away - Fefe Dobson (ditkaburgers)

scorchy:

Naive - KMFDM (Germany)
(new artist)

Prior to widespread internet, the debate about what KMFDM stood for was like something out of the PSF:

Kill M***** F****** Depeche Mode
Kylie Minogue Fans Don't Masturbate
Kidnap Madonna For Drug Money
Etc, etc, etc

When we all learned the truth from an interview posted on rec.music.industrial, the disappointment was palpable.

Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid, i.e., no pity for the majority.

OK so tomorrow is the last artist that I have upcoming which has not been used yet. It surprises me somewhat as I would have thought someone would have picked something off of them, but I guess not. At least up until now. Remaining top four of mine are all previously used bands and there's only one unused track
I wonder if one of my remaining (double) set of picks uses them. Country hint?

OK so tomorrow is the last artist that I have upcoming which has not been used yet. It surprises me somewhat as I would have thought someone would have picked something off of them, but I guess not. At least up until now. Remaining top four of mine are all previously used bands and there's only one unused track
I wonder if one of my remaining (double) set of picks uses them. Country hint?
Germany

edit - if you mean the artist as opposed to the song title

I was putting together tomorrow's post and couldn't believe when I confirmed that your artist had not been previously selected.

Users who are viewing this thread