What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where in the world are the middle-aged dummies? Worldwide top 31 song countdown. (1 Viewer)

219 artists received multiple votes

396 artists received only one vote
For a grand total of 615 artists selected!

Un-freaking-believably, @Val Rannous' s guess for number of artists** was...drumroll...612 artists! :shock:

*When I hear the word "stats," I always think of @falguy 's message to me in the first countdown entitled "Stats - you know I love 'em." :)
**Tiebreaker in the SUPER-AWESOME-WORLD-MEGA-CONTEST!!!111. This doesn't mean he won, as I haven't calculated who got which questions correct, but dayum that's impressive.
I think I am responsible for about 100 of those lol. With all the “featuring”, “guest star” and “And” involved
Only 74-75 depending on how you count some of them :kicksrock:
74-75

Since AC/DC is a topic and I just posted about the Ramones, I consider them the same band in different rock genres. The music is serious, but they have a sense of humor about themselves. Don't really beat on the brat (not repeatedly, anyway), just laugh about it/look at the 5' 2" guy in schoolboy shorts shredding.
What about the 280 lb woman? Should you sleep with her or not?

Yes, very carefully.

Yesterday's picks. #s starting to whittle down a bit as their are more repeats.

Known Favorites

First We Take Manhattan - Leonard Cohen (Dr. Octopus)
I'll Wait - Van Halen (shuke)
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (The Dreaded Marco) - I'm a bit of "don't get" Nick Cave too, but have always thought this song was great.
Phenomena - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Raging weasel)
Beat On The Brat - Ramones (worrierking)
Strange - Galaxie 500 (krista4)
Behind The Wall Of Sleep - The Smithereens (Mt. Man)
Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC (MAC 32)
Joan Jet Of Arc - Clem Snide (westerberg) - Two days in a row of Clem Snide! Despite me picking the Daniel Johnston cover, Joan Jett of Arc is my favorite of theirs and has graced many saddo scorchy mix CDs/playlists.

Ontario Plates - Do Make Say Think (rockaction)
Camarillo Brillo - Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention (New Binky the Doormat) - Despite Frank Zappa growing up in my town, I think the only song of his I could name is Valley Girl. Apparently there is a statue of him somewhere nearby that I've never seen, yet I have a picture of a similar one I stumbled across in Vilnius, Lithuania. Apparently he's a beloved icon in much of the former USSR.
Shivers - The Boys Next Door (Eephus)
Psychopomp - The Tea Party (Manster)

scorchy:

Figurehead (Plain Version) - Covenant (Sweden)

Not much to say about yesterday's pick itself, but the only time I was ever mugged was on the way to a Covenant show at the Electric Factory in Philly in 1997. I was kind-of broke and didn't want to park in a paid lot so found a spot on the street 4 or 5 blocks away (definitely used my club that night). About half way to the venue, a threatening dude got me for the $20 I had in my pocket. I was super cautious back then, so I had put an extra $10 in my sock. Unfortunately, I didn't realize tickets at the door had a $2 surcharge so I was short. A very kind and cute goth girl overheard me begging at the ticket window and not only picked up the difference, but bought me a drink inside. I got her number and saw her a couple of times after, but it fizzled out once my wife-to-be entered the picture a few months later. Good peeps in Philly, despite what you read in the Eagles thread.

scorchy:

Figurehead (Plain Version) - Covenant (Sweden)

Not much to say about yesterday's pick itself, but the only time I was ever mugged was on the way to a Covenant show at the Electric Factory in Philly in 1997. I was kind-of broke and didn't want to park in a paid lot so found a spot on the street 4 or 5 blocks away (definitely used my club that night). About half way to the venue, a threatening dude got me for the $20 I had in my pocket. I was super cautious back then, so I had put an extra $10 in my sock. Unfortunately, I didn't realize tickets at the door had a $2 surcharge so I was short. A very kind and cute goth girl overheard me begging at the ticket window and not only picked up the difference, but bought me a drink inside. I got her number and saw her a couple of times after, but it fizzled out once my wife-to-be entered the picture a few months later. Good peeps in Philly, despite what you read in the Eagles thread.
One of many reasons I hate the e-Factory (or whatever they call it these days) is the sketchiness of the surrounding neighborhood (as it was in the '00s -- no idea if it's still that way). I would always arrive early enough to get into one of the nearby lots. The other reasons I hate it include bad sound, bad sightlines, dumb policies and overzealous security. If a band I wanted to see was coming to the venue, I would try to go to their NYC/North Jersey show instead.

One time, one of my friends went to a show there, parked in a small lot off an alley a few blocks away, took a bunch of drugs during the show, and couldn't find his car afterwards. He called his wife at like 2:30 AM and she drove down from Central Jersey to pick him up. They drove back the next day to find his car. They are now divorced (not because of this specific incident, but maybe because of his drug use in general).

Twelve-Point Selections:

timschochet:

Snow Angel - Ron Sexsmith
(new song)

Just Win Baby:

Under The Milky Way - The Church (Australian and English band members)
(duplicate, second vote)

Pip’s Invitation:

Incident At Neshabur - Santana (Mexico/US/Nicaragua)
(new artist)

Andy Dufresne:

Radio Ga Ga - Queen
(new song)

DrIanMalcolm:

Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell (Canada)
(new song)

Don Quixote:

Canto De Ossanha - Baden Powell and Vinicius de Moraes (Brazil)
(both new artists)

Dr. Octopus:

Somebody Get Me A Doctor - Van Halen (US, VH Brothers born in Netherlands)
(new song)

scorchy:

Don't Change - INXS (Australia)
(new song)

shuke:

Roky Said - Dead Ghosts …...........Canadian
(new artist)

Sullie:

Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Flea and tick collar required last thread, not so much this thread.)
(new song)

The Dreaded Marco:

Overkill - Men At Work
(new song)

Mister CIA:

To Live Is To Fly - Cowboy Junkies
(new song)

Hawks64:

You Oughta Know (Live/Unplugged) - Alanis Morissette
(new song)

Mrs. Rannous:

Burning Down The House - Tom Jones & The Cardigans (UK + Sweden)
(both new artists)

titusbramble:

Play Dead - Bjork (Icelandic)
(new song)

Raging weasel:

Aerials - System Of A Down (lead singer from Lebanon)
(new song)

Ilov80s:

Obstacle 1 - Interpol
(new artist)

worrierking:

Head Full Of Doubt/Road Full Of Promise - The Avett Brothers (Joe Kwon born in Korea)
(new artist)

Val Rannous:

It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll) - AC/DC (Australia, UK)
(new song)

krista4:

I Got You - Split Enz (New Zealand)
(new song)

Mt. Man:

The Tide Is High - Blondie (US band, UK bassist)
(new song)

JMLs secret identity:

A Spaceman Came Travelling - Chris de Burgh (Argentina)
(new artist)

otb_lifer:

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas - Mayhem (Norway)
(new artist)

simey:

Ai Du - Ali Farka Toure (feat. Ry Cooder) (Africa, USA)
(duplicate, third vote)

rockaction:

Montreal - The Weeknd (Canada by way of Ethiopia)
(new artist)

New Binky the Doormat:

Roll ‘N’ Roll Woman - Buffalo Springfield (Stills US guy - Neil is a Canuck)
(new song)

landryshat:

Venus - Shocking Blue (Netherlands)
(new artist)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Slice Of Heaven - Dave Dobbyn And The Herbs (New Zealand)
(new artist)

MAC_32:

Israel's Son – Silverchair (Australia pt I swear putting them in order wasn't planned)
(new artist)

jwb:

Breakin’ The Chains Of Love - Fitz And The Tantrums
(new artist)

Eephus:

Matador - Los Fabulosos Cadillacs
(new artist)

Hov34:

Trying To Be Cool - Phoenix
(new song)

Manster:

The Small Hours - Metallica
(new song)

simsarge:

Venus and Mars/Rock Show - Wings (This isn't a cheat to sneak in an extra song...)
(new song)

ditkaburgers:

Jumper - Rudimental (feat. Kareen Lomax)
(both new artists)

Doug B:

The Zoo - Scorpions
(duplicate, second vote)

westerberg:

Royals - Lorde
(duplicate, second vote)

KarmaPolice:

I Ain't Hiding - The Black Crowes
(new song)

higgins:

Della Brown - Queensryche (singer Geoff Tate born in Germany)
(new song)

zamboni:

Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House (New Zealand)
(duplicate, second vote)

Zegras11:

Blitzkrieg Bop – Ramones
(duplicate, second vote)

Oliver Humanzee:

Bye Bye Pride - The Go-Betweens
(new artist)

Chaos34:

Falling - Alewya and Moses Boyd
(both new artists)

AAABatteries:

In Hell I'll Be In Good Company - Dead South
(duplicate, second vote)

Ace Award Guesses:

Two votes:

The Final Countdown – Europe

Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil

One vote:

Lovefool -- The Cardigans

Battle Scar – Max Webster

99 Luftballons - Nena

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield

Some Like It Hot - Power Station

Take On Me - A-ha

Heaven and Hell- Black Sabbath

Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House – 17 points

This Beat Goes On/Switching to Glide – The Kings – One point

Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling

Layla - Derek & the Dominoes

Cult of Personality – Living Colour

David Bowie for “Under Pressure” – David Bowie and Queen – Four points

From last night:

These aren't "teasers" but instead are "previews."

- Tomorrow the "where in the world" question will be firmly in play as four of our selections go galactic. Under the Milky Way, A Spaceman Came Travelling, Venus, Venus and Mars
- And another three if you believe in the afterlife. Snow Angel, Slice of Heaven, In Hell I’ll Be In Good Company
- One of our Ace Award guesses gets another vote! Don’t Dream It’s Over by Crowded House
- But two more go down in flames. Lovefool by the Cardigans and For What It’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield
- Previously we saw a cover of a song originally by one of the artists selected in this countdown ("All Tomorrow's Parties" by The Velvet Underground), and I queried if the original would be taken as well. Tomorrow we'll have another cover of a song by a popular artist in this countdown, and we can ponder the same. Burning Down The House by Tom Jones and the Cardigans
- One of the following artists from Question 10 of the SUPER-AWESOME-MEGA-WORLD-CONTEST!!!111 will join George Michael on the "covered" list:

10. It’s Deja VoteVu All Over Again…Again.

Which of the following also-rans in prior countdowns will NOT have a song with a cover version in this countdown: (a) Cream, (b) George Michael, (c) Townes Van Zandt, (d) Warren Zevon, or (e) none of the above (all will be covered)?

“To Live Is To Fly” covered by Cowboy Junkies

scorchy:
Don't Change - INXS

The Dreaded Marco:
Overkill - Men At Work

Val Rannous:
It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll) - AC/DC

👍

I did a countdown of songs from '82 a couple years ago - Don't Change was #1

Overkill is my favorite Men At Work song - Colin Hay really shows his range.

I'm kind of tied of AC/DC in general but this song is not included. Love them pipes!

Pip’s Invitation:

(new artist)
Nice - they were a bit off my radar because even though they’re a multinational band, I just kind of labeled them San Francisco for my own selection purposes.
Carlos himself was born in Mexico.
True but they formed in San Fran. I was going more by an artist’s base of formation for my list, but understand everyone had their own methodology.

ETA: I will have a few exceptions down the line though.

Lots of great songs that either made my list or were on long list today. Shout-outs to Andy’s Radio Ga Ga, Eephus’s Matador, and westerberg’s Royals (again) on quick glance. Look forward to checking out the new stuff.

Don Quixote:

(both new artists)

On mine today, I’m back in Brazil. From their Os Afros-Sambas album, which was a fusion of samba with African sounds. I really just love Baden Powell’s guitar here and the intro. It is not dissimilar from the guitar riff on Coldplay’s God Put a Smile Upon Your Face, which some of the YouTube comments have noted too (I’m not sure Coldplay has acknowledged that, but I’ll carry over Thumper Rule from the UK on that).

Last edited:
Maybe everyone knows this and maybe it's urban legend but I heard once that Queen wanted the song to say Radio CaCa because they thought so much music was ****e.

The radio stations wouldn't allow it - the same ones that played The Who singing "Who the #### are you" for decades.

Ilov80s:

Obstacle 1 - Interpol
(new artist)

I thought they were American. Had no idea two members were born in the UK.

JMLs secret identity:

(new artist)

I assumed he was British -- would never have guessed Argentinian.

New Binky the Doormat:

(new song)

Indeed they were 3 Americans/2 Canadians (Bruce Palmer was the other). Though they were pretty fractured by their second album -- for example, Neil worked on two of his three tracks alone/with outsiders -- so it's hard to discern who played what after their first album (despite what the liner notes may say).

jwb:

(new artist)

I did not know that Fitz was born in France.

One of many reasons I hate the e-Factory (or whatever they call it these days) is the sketchiness of the surrounding neighborhood (as it was in the '00s -- no idea if it's still that way). I would always arrive early enough to get into one of the nearby lots. The other reasons I hate it include bad sound, bad sightlines, dumb policies and overzealous security. If a band I wanted to see was coming to the venue, I would try to go to their NYC/North Jersey show instead.

One time, one of my friends went to a show there, parked in a small lot off an alley a few blocks away, took a bunch of drugs during the show, and couldn't find his car afterwards. He called his wife at like 2:30 AM and she drove down from Central Jersey to pick him up. They drove back the next day to find his car. They are now divorced (not because of this specific incident, but maybe because of his drug use in general).
I think it's called Franklin Hall now - way less sketchy than it used to be but still sort of a no-man's land for several blocks in 3 directions. I used to DJ on occasion at Silk City just a half-mile away at 6th & Spring Garden and it was like a totally different world (hipster central).

For the longest time, my inner poor kid refused to pay for parking even once I had the money not to sweat it. Shocked my car was only broken into twice, though one time it was hit-and-run by a snowplow while parked on the street in NoLibs. Also had to pay street kids $5 to watch it on occasion. I finally wised up once my wife convinced me that paying $20 to park was more cost-effective then circling the block for half-an-hour.

I knew 24 songs today not counting my own but counting repeats.

Known-to-me favorites from #20:

I Got You -- Split Enz (Krista4)
Rock and Roll Woman — Buffalo Springfield (Binky)
Obstacle 1 -- Interpol (Ilov80s)
It's A Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N Roll) -- AC/DC (Val Rannous)
Don't Dream It's Over -- Crowded House (Zamboni)
Royals -- Lorde (Westerberg)
Somebody Get Me a Doctor -- Van Halen (Doc Oc)
Under the Milky Way -- The Church (Just Win Baby)
Venus And Mars/Rock Show -- Wings (Simsarge)
Blitzkrieg Bop -- The Ramones (Zegras11)
Venus -- Shocking Blue (Landryshat)
Breakin’ The Chains Of Love -- Fitz And The Tantrums (jwb)

Twelve-Point Selections:

timschochet:

Snow Angel - Ron Sexsmith
(new song)

Just Win Baby:

Under The Milky Way - The Church (Australian and English band members)
(duplicate, second vote)

Pip’s Invitation:

(new artist)

Andy Dufresne:

Radio Ga Ga - Queen
(new song)

DrIanMalcolm:

Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell (Canada)
(new song)

Don Quixote:

(both new artists)

Dr. Octopus:

Somebody Get Me A Doctor - Van Halen (US, VH Brothers born in Netherlands)
(new song)

scorchy:

Don't Change - INXS (Australia)
(new song)

shuke:

Roky Said - Dead Ghosts …...........Canadian
(new artist)

Sullie:

Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Flea and tick collar required last thread, not so much this thread.)
(new song)

The Dreaded Marco:

Overkill - Men At Work
(new song)

Mister CIA:

To Live Is To Fly - Cowboy Junkies
(new song)

Hawks64:

You Oughta Know (Live/Unplugged) - Alanis Morissette
(new song)

Mrs. Rannous:

Burning Down The House - Tom Jones & The Cardigans (UK + Sweden)
(both new artists)

titusbramble:

Play Dead - Bjork (Icelandic)
(new song)

Raging weasel:

Aerials - System Of A Down (lead singer from Lebanon)
(new song)

Ilov80s:

Obstacle 1 - Interpol
(new artist)

worrierking:

Head Full Of Doubt/Road Full Of Promise - The Avett Brothers (Joe Kwon born in Korea)
(new artist)

Val Rannous:

It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll) - AC/DC (Australia, UK)
(new song)

krista4:

I Got You - Split Enz (New Zealand)
(new song)

Mt. Man:

The Tide Is High - Blondie (US band, UK bassist)
(new song)

JMLs secret identity:

(new artist)

otb_lifer:

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas - Mayhem (Norway)
(new artist)

simey:

Ai Du - Ali Farka Toure (feat. Ry Cooder) (Africa, USA)
(duplicate, third vote)

rockaction:

Montreal - The Weeknd (Canada by way of Ethiopia)
(new artist)

New Binky the Doormat:

(new song)

landryshat:

Venus - Shocking Blue (Netherlands)
(new artist)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Slice Of Heaven - Dave Dobbyn And The Herbs (New Zealand)
(new artist)

MAC_32:

Israel's Son – Silverchair (Australia pt I swear putting them in order wasn't planned)
(new artist)

jwb:

(new artist)

Eephus:

Matador - Los Fabulosos Cadillacs
(new artist)

Hov34:

Trying To Be Cool - Phoenix
(new song)

Manster:

The Small Hours - Metallica
(new song)

simsarge:

Venus and Mars/Rock Show - Wings (This isn't a cheat to sneak in an extra song...)
(new song)

ditkaburgers:

Jumper - Rudimental (feat. Kareen Lomax)
(both new artists)

Doug B:

The Zoo - Scorpions
(duplicate, second vote)

westerberg:

Royals - Lorde
(duplicate, second vote)

KarmaPolice:

I Ain't Hiding - The Black Crowes
(new song)

higgins:

Della Brown - Queensryche (singer Geoff Tate born in Germany)
(new song)

zamboni:

Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House (New Zealand)
(duplicate, second vote)

Zegras11:

Blitzkrieg Bop – Ramones
(duplicate, second vote)

Oliver Humanzee:

Bye Bye Pride - The Go-Betweens
(new artist)

Chaos34:

Falling - Alewya and Moses Boyd
(both new artists)

AAABatteries:

In Hell I'll Be In Good Company - Dead South
(duplicate, second vote)
Dozens Playlist

Note @DrIanMalcolm Apparently Joni Mitchell's not fully on Spotify so you get the Counting Crows cover.
@simsarge Not sure if that's the right version, there aren't any 6+ minute versions of Venus and Mars/Rockshow on Spotify
@Chaos34 There is not that version of Falling on Spotify, you get the DJ Kent version.

Through round 11, we have our top songs. The top artists was pure chalk, can't say the same about these songs though...

Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley28
Depreston by Courtney Barnett21
Synchronicity II by The Police 20
Radar Love by Golden Earring 19
Screaming In The Night by Krokus19

@simsarge Not sure if that's the right version, there aren't any 6+ minute versions of Venus and Mars/Rockshow on Spotify

There's a longer version of Rock Show (probably six minutes), but that one is not combined with Venus and Mars as a medley, even though V&M leads into RS. The single version that officially combined them chopped a lot of the length of Rock Show. Since he chose the medley, it would be the single (shorter) version. If he'd chosen just Rock Show, he could have the longer one. :grad:

Here's an indicator of whose tastes might be most similar to mine so far. I'll do this when we get to a number that ends in 0 or 5.

Participants with songs on my list or in the top 10 of songs not on my list:

Worrierking: 3
Binky: 2
Zegras11: 2
AAABatteries: 1
Doug B: 1
Higgins: 1
jwb: 1
KarmaPolice: 1
Krista4: 1
Landryshat: 1
MAC 32: 1
Manster: 1
Scorchy: 1
Shuke: 1
Simey: 1
Val Rannous: 1

Participants with songs on my list or in the top 25 of songs not on my list:

Worrierking: 4
jwb: 3
Simey: 3
Zegras11: 3
Krista4: 2
Shuke: 2
Sullie: 2
Val Rannous: 2
AAABatteries: 1
Doc Oc: 1
Doug B: 1
Higgins: 1
Ilov80s: 1
Just Win Baby: 1
Manster: 1
Mt. Man: 1
OTB: 1
Tim: 1

Participants with songs on my list or in the top 50 of songs not on my list:

Worrierking: 6
Zegras11: 6
Simey: 4
AAABatteries: 3
Doug B: 3
Higgins: 3
jwb: 3
Simsarge: 3
Sullie: 3
Val Rannous: 3
Andy: 2
Doc Oc: 2
Krista4: 2
Manster: 2
Shuke: 2
Tim: 2
Zamboni: 2
Ditkaburgers: 1
DrIanMalcolm: 1
Eephus: 1
Hov34: 1
Ilov80s: 1
Just Win Baby: 1
Mrs. Rannous: 1
Mt. Man: 1
OTB: 1

There are 8 selections that are on my list. Three are Could You Be Loved. One is Voodoo Child (Slight Return). The other four have not been revealed on my list yet.

Hello, I'm a time traveler from Wednesday, here to tell you my favorites from the #10s playlist!

Since a couple of days had passed, I was about to identify "Anything Could Happen" by The Clean as a known favorite, but then realized it was my pick. :lmao:

Actual known favorites that I didn't select were "Public Image" by Public Image Ltd, and...hmph. I guess that's it. That's not to say I didn't enjoy this playlist, which I very much did. Just not a lot I already knew and loved.

New favorites! "One Thing" by Finger Eleven (which I might have missed the first time), "Homeless" by Ladysmith Black Mambazo, "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Your Grievances" by Clem Snide (I know the original but not this cover), "Bongo Bong" by Manu Chao (I used to listen to Manu Chao a lot but don't remember this one), and "Honey Joy" by Royal Headache, and, saxophone and all(!), "Times Square" by Destroyer.

This is almost new-thread worthy, but we all know how dangerous it is to venture out of this one and I'm not willing to risk it. :lol:

Some of you will remember my months-long dispute with Ticketmaster, when they for no apparent reason and without warning deleted my account and over $1000 of tickets along with it. After several months of "communication," including credit-card protests, BBB conversations, and being on the precipice of reporting them to the CA and WA attorneys general, I finally received my $$ back (setting aside that the value of my tickets had more than tripled in the meantime).

I've been trying this week to buy Mariners tix for when family visits in July, but every time I get to the checkout, it would say my credit card wasn't working. Then I'd try again and it would say I had already exceeded my maximum number of tickets. I would try every day in case of temporary glitch, and I tried another credit card, too, even though the other wasn't having issues elsewhere. Never could get anywhere and thought it could be an MLB site issue.

This morning I dutifully logged in 10 minutes prior to the Ringo presale, and when the tickets opened up, SCORE(!), I could get VIP tix for $229 each, which seemed like a veritable bargain compared to the $246 for regular tix for Glen Hansard. Went to check out and...bam. Same issues. Finally OH said, "Do you think they've banned you?" :shock: Had not occurred to me.

I logged in using his account and found the same problem, but his only credit card is as an "authorized user" on my Amex, and he's at the same address as me, so we thought the ban might have extended to him, too. So I got my mom's account and credit card info from her and tried again.

Success. Bought the Ringo tix (unfortunately the VIP ones were gone by then, and the ones I got were worse seats at a higher price) and the Mariners tix.

TLDR: I've been banned from Ticketmaster because I wouldn't let them steal $1000+ from me. :lmao:

This is almost new-thread worthy, but we all know how dangerous it is to venture out of this one and I'm not willing to risk it. :lol:

Some of you will remember my months-long dispute with Ticketmaster, when they for no apparent reason and without warning deleted my account and over $1000 of tickets along with it. After several months of "communication," including credit-card protests, BBB conversations, and being on the precipice of reporting them to the CA and WA attorneys general, I finally received my $$ back (setting aside that the value of my tickets had more than tripled in the meantime).

I've been trying this week to buy Mariners tix for when family visits in July, but every time I get to the checkout, it would say my credit card wasn't working. Then I'd try again and it would say I had already exceeded my maximum number of tickets. I would try every day in case of temporary glitch, and I tried another credit card, too, even though the other wasn't having issues elsewhere. Never could get anywhere and thought it could be an MLB site issue.

This morning I dutifully logged in 10 minutes prior to the Ringo presale, and when the tickets opened up, SCORE(!), I could get VIP tix for $229 each, which seemed like a veritable bargain compared to the $246 for regular tix for Glen Hansard. Went to check out and...bam. Same issues. Finally OH said, "Do you think they've banned you?" :shock: Had not occurred to me.

I logged in using his account and found the same problem, but his only credit card is as an "authorized user" on my Amex, and he's at the same address as me, so we thought the ban might have extended to him, too. So I got my mom's account and credit card info from her and tried again.

Success. Bought the Ringo tix (unfortunately the VIP ones were gone by then, and the ones I got were worse seats at a higher price) and the Mariners tix.

TLDR: I've been banned from Ticketmaster because I wouldn't let them steal $1000+ from me. :lmao:
That sucks, I hate Ticketmaster and trying to get tickets to shows now days.
Why were worse seats more than VIP??- that seems odd...

known to me favs from today

Under the Milky Way - The ChurchJust Win Babymade my list too!
Radio Ga Ga - QueenAndy Danother great example of one of many Queen songs that are solid - just not great
Don't Change - INXSscorchyshort list for this draft for me …they are chock-full of good tunes
Roky Said - Dead Ghostsshukelove it - sounds so much like Roky's music to me …
Give It Away Now - RHCPSullieso many good tunes - they made my #32 …though
You Oughta Know - Alanis MorissetteHawks64this and her other "main tune" were under serious consideration for my list
Splitz Enz - I Got YoukristaDAMN …completely forgot this song (going now to add to my 80s list)
Venus - Shocking Bluelandryshatlove it - & Mariska Veres made 11 yr old mummy "all tingly"
Venus and Mars - Wingssimsargemade the list!! Beautiful tune
Blitzkrieg Bop - RamonesZegras11classic - misstep on my part, should have found room for these guys

new to me fav

I Ain't Hiding - Black CrowesKarmaPoliceyeah, I know'em - never heard this, and doesn't sound like them!

Users who are viewing this thread