What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where in the world are the middle-aged dummies? Worldwide top 31 song countdown. (2 Viewers)

Beth is really the only KISS song I can tolerate. But I do love that song.
There a couple more that I can tolerate, but otherwise I find them rather annoying. I do admire the marketing skills, though.
As with most my age, I loved them as a kid and thought they were the coolest thing ever at the time, but as my musical tastes developed I found them to be pretty meh.

Still have a soft spot for "Black Diamond" and for most of Kiss Alive II, but not much more beyond that.

Beth, Detroit Rock City, and Tears are Falling are the limits of my KISS listening library.

I'm not convinced the "live" version of Rock and Roll All Night wasn't actually recorded in the studio and crowd noise added in post.

Lick It Up is about the worst song I can think of. The sheer laziness of it makes me mad every time I hear it.

Management. is away for the day, and a KISS discussion breaks out!

@Ilov80s and I have corrected any discrepancies in our results, at least with respect to the top 40 artists and top 25 songs. Big thanks to him for being another check on my numbers!

Regarding the contests, I said we'd split the donations between first and second place this time, didn't I? $350/$150 on each? I really should read my posts. Just wondering as we do have a tie on the ***OFFICIAL*** contest so it will be nice that the one who loses the tiebreaker will still get something. No, I have still not figured the winner of the SUPER-AWESOME-WORLD-MEGA-CONTEST!!!111 yet because I'm dreading having to tally up the numbers on the stupid "colo(u)rs" question. What kind of dummy came up with that one?

Last edited:
The artist I referred to as "this countdown's Tom Petty" was Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, who ended up with 10 songs and NO repeats. The anti-Ace Award, perhaps the 2 of clubs? In any case, I'm glad I didn't end up having "into My Arms" on my list and instead kept it on my last five out, so that Nick and crew could take this honor.

what makes this all the more remarkable to me is that there were not one song selected from Murder Ballads - his/their best selling, most renowned album - the one i selected in last album draft, and one that is widely regarded as a top 3 platter in his complete oeuvre - thematic and brutal and sways in and outta style/construct - his best ever effort, imo.

what other act/artist could pull off 12 unique selections sans one from an album of that magnitude?

PS - i do recall Curse of Milhaven being a bit polarizing in that album draft i mentioned ... dunno if Stagger Lee were greeted with same.

love. this. guy.

great to see him getting props.
Those are great songs you mentioned, and I think the murder side of Nick Cave peaked with The Mercy Seat. It's a psychotic thriller.

@krista4 , is it okay to post a Nick Cave cover of a Neil Young song. Pretty sure it won't be showing up with a 31 point score tomorrow, but I would get it if it did.

Catching up after a few days away from the thread.

My top 5 from the 29 point round, excluding my own selection and prior to listening to the songs new to me:
  1. New Binky the Doormat: Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
  2. MAC_32: Layla - Derek And The Dominos
  3. zamboni: Don’t Change - INXS
  4. Don Quixote: Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
  5. Chaos34: Can’t Find My Way Home - Blind Faith

Still catching up.

My top 5 from the 30 point round, excluding my own selection and prior to listening to the songs new to me:
  1. Val Rannous: Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
  2. Hawks64: You & Me - Dave Matthews Band
  3. Don Quixote, Raging weasel: All Along The Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
  4. Andy Dufresne: Don't Change - INXS
  5. The Dreaded Marco: Under The Milky Way - The Church
Toughest round yet to cut to a top 5. As expected.

The artist I referred to as "this countdown's Tom Petty" was Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, who ended up with 10 songs and NO repeats. The anti-Ace Award, perhaps the 2 of clubs? In any case, I'm glad I didn't end up having "into My Arms" on my list and instead kept it on my last five out, so that Nick and crew could take this honor.

Hey, are you calling Tom Petty, the 2 of clubs? :boxing:

Did I listen to yesterday's playlist? I didn't listen to yesterday's playlist! Think I'll listen while cursing this colors question. Hey! Maybe I'll do the winner calculations on all the other questions and find that two people are so far in front that the colors don't matter! Yes, I'll start there. And then I'll hope they both have the same answer to that question.

Did I listen to yesterday's playlist? I didn't listen to yesterday's playlist! Think I'll listen while cursing this colors question. Hey! Maybe I'll do the winner calculations on all the other questions and find that two people are so far in front that the colors don't matter! Yes, I'll start there. And then I'll hope they both have the same answer to that question.

Remember how I thought y'all killed it in the ***OFFICIAL*** contest? Such was not the case in the SUPER-AWESOME-WORLD-MEGA-CONTEST!!!111. Out of a possible total of 14 points, most ended up in the 3-4 point range, without taking into account the colors question I hoped not to calculate. Not a single person guessed question #1 (answer: The Beatles) or question #10 (answer: Warren Zevon being the answer) correctly. I guess my misdirection was very misdirection-y.

Great news for me! There is a clear winner with seven (or possibly eight) points out of the possible total of 14, with no one else getting more than five (or possibly six) points. :pickle: But...hold on...there are three people with five points, and some others with four, which means I need to figure out the answer to the colors question. Drat.

Last edited:

Remember how I thought y'all killed it in the ***OFFICIAL*** contest? Such was not the case in the SUPER-AWESOME-WORLD-MEGA-CONTEST!!!111. Out of a possible total of 14 points, most ended up in the 2-3 point range, without taking into account the colors question I hoped not to calculate. Not a single person guessed question #1 (answer: The Beatles) or question #10 (answer: Warren Zevon being the answer) correctly. I guess my misdirection was very misdirection-y.

Great news for me! There is a clear winner with seven (or possibly eight) points out of the possible total of 14, with no one else getting more than five (or possibly six) points. :pickle: But...hold on...there are three people with five points, and a couple others with four, which means I need to figure out the answer to the colors question. Drat.
I feel Helpless.

I did it! I finished the damn contest tabulation! For the SUPER-AWESOME-WORLD-MEGA-CONTEST!!!111, point totals ranged from 3-7 points (out of 14), but most in the 3-4 range. For second place, the tiebreaker did come into play.

Unlike the British Isles countdown, our winners are spread out instead of having one person dominating. Congrats in advance to our four (4) winners!

30-point listening party: not much I didn't already know, as you'd expect. Special already-known shout-out to "Save It For Later" by The Beat, because it's a fabulous song I hadn't previously mentioned, and "The Mercy Seat" by Two of Clubs.

Not much new, so the only ones added to my new-to-me favorites were "Into Temptation" by Crowded House, because despite such people as @Uruk-Hai shouting them out for years I've never given them a proper listen, and "Cowboy Song" by Thin Lizzy, which was my favorite from them so far. Also, in the not-new-because-it-was-selected-before-but-somehow-it-hit-me-on-a-bad-day-previously-I-guess list, "Right In Two" by Tool was my favorite from them.

@krista4 , is it okay to post a Nick Cave cover of a Neil Young song. Pretty sure it won't be showing up with a 31 point score tomorrow, but I would get it if it did.
And my favorite Neil Young cover is Helpless.
When this was released, it was the first I'd heard of Cave.
Me too, I think. Was it '92 or '93?

The north Ontario reference in Nick Cave's version lingers nicely.
1989. Came out around the same time as Freedom (Neil's album with Rockin' in the Free World on it.)

what makes this all the more remarkable to me is that there were not one song selected from Murder Ballads - his/their best selling, most renowned album - the one i selected in last album draft, and one that is widely regarded as a top 3 platter in his complete oeuvre - thematic and brutal and sways in and outta style/construct - his best ever effort, imo.

what other act/artist could pull off 12 unique selections sans one from an album of that magnitude?

PS - i do recall Curse of Milhaven being a bit polarizing in that album draft i mentioned ... dunno if Stagger Lee were greeted with same.

love. this. guy.

great to see him getting props.
Those are great songs you mentioned, and I think the murder side of Nick Cave peaked with The Mercy Seat. It's a psychotic thriller.

sounds familiar ...

it was my 30 pt pick in this countdown

Thirty-One-Point Selections:

timschochet:

The Weight - The Band
(duplicate, sixth, seventh AND eighth votes today!)

Just Win Baby:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (English and Zanzibari band members)
(duplicate, fifth, sixth AND seventh votes today!)

Pip’s Invitation:

Cortez The Killer - Neil Young (Canada/US)
(duplicate, second AND third votes today!)

(Pip note: For the Spotify playlist, please use the Gov't Mule cover.)

Andy Dufresne:

Synchronicity II - The Police
(duplicate, sixth vote)

DrIanMalcolm:

The Weight - The Band (Canada/US)

Don Quixote:

Up On Cripple Creek - The Band (Canada/US - Levon Helm born in US)
(new song)

Dr. Octopus:

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - The Band (Canada w/ US Drummer)
(duplicate, fifth vote)

scorchy:

Rocket Queen - Guns N' Roses (U.S., UK)
(duplicate, third vote)

(from scorchy: please use this for playlist)

shuke:

Where Is My Mind? - The Pixies …...........Joey Santiago born in Philippines
(duplicate, second vote)

Sullie:

Working Man (Live in Cleveland) - Rush (Canada. . . Included to make the haters cry. . . Your salty tears quench my thirst for RUSH!)
(duplicate, second vote)

The Dreaded Marco:

Cattle And Cane - The Go-Betweens
(new song)

Mister CIA:

Radar Love - Golden Earring (Netherlands)
(duplicate, fifth vote)

Hawks64:

Break Free - Dave Matthews Band
(new song)

Mrs. Rannous:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (Madagascar)

titusbramble:

Get Lucky - Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers (French)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Raging weasel:

Heaven And Hell - Black Sabbath
(new song)

Ilov80s:

Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
(duplicate, fourth vote)

worrierking:

The Weight - The Band (Canada/Arkansas)

Val Rannous:

2112 - Rush (Canada)
(duplicate, second vote)

krista4:

Suzanne - Leonard Cohen (Canada)
(duplicate, third vote)

Mt. Man:

Never Tear Us Apart - INXS (Australian band)
(new song)

JMLs secret identity:

Killing Me Softly - The Fugees (Haiti)
(duplicate, third vote)

otb_lifer:

Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling (Germany)
(new artist)

simey:

Watching The Wheels - John Lennon and Yoko Ono (England, Japan)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

rockaction:

Madness - Prince Buster (Jamaica)
(new artist)

New Binky the Doormat:

Layla - Derek And The Dominos (English-American blues/rock band)
(duplicate, third vote)

landrys hat:

Vitamin C - CAN (Germany)
(duplicate, second vote)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (Zanzibar)

MAC_32:

One - Metallica (That shmuck Lars)
(duplicate, second vote)

jwb:

On The Beach (CSNY 74 Album) - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
(new song)

(Boz Scaggs cover for Spotify)

Eephus:

Back On The Chain Gang - The Pretenders
(new song)

Hov34:

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Manster:

Creeping Death - Metallica
(new song)

simsarge:

Pretty Lady - Lighthouse (This is a cover of the original, but it sounds really, really close. Part of the reason would likely be the lead singer Jamie Prokop is the son of the late, great Skip Prokop Lighthouse's original lead singer. He sounds A LOT like him here. Lighthouse was extremely popular in Canada and very little in my AM radio waves Upstate NY area. I first came across the song on a K-Tel (closest thing to FM radio for me back in the day) record and have loved it since.)
(new artist)

ditkaburgers:

Alors On Danse - Stromae
(new artist)

Doug B:

Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) (1991 Live Version) - Neil Young
(duplicate, fourth vote)

(For playlist purposes, please use this)

westerberg:

Symphony Number 5 In C Minor (Ludwig van Beethoven (composer)) - Vienna Philharmonic & Carlos Kleiber (performers)
(both new artists)

KarmaPolice:

Cusp Of Eternity - Opeth
(new song)

higgins:

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police (UK/US mix)
(new song)

zamboni:

Under The Milky Way - The Church (Australia)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Zegras11:

Like A Hurricane - Neil Young
(duplicate, third vote)

Oliver Humanzee:

Cortez The Killer - Neil Young

(please use Slint cover for playlist)

Chaos34:

Runnin’ With The Devil - Van Halen
(duplicate, second vote)

AAABatteries:

Killer Queen - Queen
(new song)

Neil hangs on for the upset win!

Your favorite artists:

Top 10:

Neil Young: 758

Queen: 708

The Band: 475

Metallica: 435

Fleetwood Mac: 424

Van Halen: 422

Guns N’ Roses: 392

Talking Heads: 390

Rush: 370

CSN/Y: 273 + 63 = 336

11-20:

INXS: 301

Bob Marley: 300

The Police: 289

The Jimi Hendrix Experience: 283

Wings: 256

AC/DC: 234

Arcade Fire: 218

Tool: 211

Leonard Cohen: 204

Santana: 191

21-30:

Nick Cave: 184

Velvet Underground: 169

Triumph: 163

Thin Lizzy: 161

Ramones: 160

Derek and the Dominos: 158

John Lennon: 152

Yoko Ono: 152 (<-top female)

The Pretenders: 149 (<-top non-Yoko female)

Dave Matthews Band: 149

31-40:

Golden Earring: 144

Supertramp: 143

Scorpions: 140

Living Colour: 130

The Black Crowes: 128

Daft Punk: 126

Nico: 126

Yes: 122

Joni Mitchell: 120

Jimmy Cliff: 117

“The Weight” and “Bohemian Rhapsody” with the big moves at the end, each scoring a Menage-Falala-Trois!

Your Top 10:

214 points:
The Weight - The Band

199 points: Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

154 points:
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills & Nash

124 points: All Along The Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

113 points: Don’t Change - INXS

112 points: Cult of Personality - Living Colour

107 points: Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac

105 points: The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - The Band

103 points: The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

103 points: Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N’ Roses

Numbers 11-25:

94 points:
Fade To Black - Metallica

93 points: Band On The Run - Wings

92 points: Radar Love - Golden Earring

92 points: Cortez The Killer - Neil Young

88 points: Powderfinger - Neil Young

88 points: Layla - Derek And The Dominos

86 points: Can’t Find My Way Home - Blind Faith (ßAce Award Winner!)

85 points: Watching The Wheels - John Lennon and Yoko Ono

84 points: Killing Me Softly - The Fugees

83 points: Suzanne - Leonard Cohen

82 points: Rockin' In The Free World - Neil Young

82 points: Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) - Neil Young

82 points: Like A Hurricane - Neil Young

81 points: All Tomorrow’s Parties - The Velvet Underground and Nico

80 points: Get Lucky - Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)

***OFFICIAL CONTEST*** winners! Rush moving into the top 10 in the last round moved @Don Quixote into a tie with @Dr. Octopus , each correctly guessing eight artists. Very impressive showing!! Based on the tiebreaker, Dr. O takes first place and Don Quixote takes second, as DQ’s Ace Award guess did not show up in the countdown.

In the SUPER-AWESOME-WORLD-MEGA-CONTEST!!!111, @DrIanMalcolm takes first place with a score of seven points, based almost entirely on being the only person to place correctly all five artists in Question #4. Nicely done! For second place, there was a tie (with six points) between…wait for it… @Val Rannous and @Mrs. Rannous . Val wins the tiebreaker and household bragging rights on the basis of his stunningly accurate guess as to the total number of artists in the countdown. Full answers to these contest questions are below.

Congrats to all winners!! Please post which charities you’d like your winnings to go to. (I’ll start a PM chat with the four of us who are donating, so that we can figure out how to divvy these up.)

1. It’s Deja VoteVu All Over Again.

Which of the following top scorers in prior countdowns will NOT have a song covered in this countdown: (a) The Beatles, (b) David Bowie, (c) Bob Dylan, (d) The Kinks, or (e) none of the above (all will be covered)?*

*Hat tip to @Just Win Baby for a suggestion that inspired this question.

(a) The Beatles

"It is a common misconception that Zanzibar is just one island" gives us much more credit than we deserve.

If Freddie Mercury had had the good sense to be born in the British Isles, Queen’s cumulative point total in this countdown would have placed them where in the list of favorite artists in the British Isles countdown: (a) 1st-4th place (>=686 points), (b) 5th-8th place (581-685 points), (c) 9th-11th (414-580 points), (d) 12th-15th place (316-413 points), or (e) 16th place or below (<316 points)?*

*Hat tip to @Pip's Invitation for a suggestion that inspired this question.

(a) 708 points

3. Hat tip to no one, though undoubtedly some dude will take credit for it.

Of the following female or female-led acts, which will score the most points: (a) ABBA (113), (b) The Fugees (101), (c) Joni Mitchell (120), (d) Nico (with VU and solo) (126), or (e) The Pretenders (149)?

(e) The Pretenders, placing in a tie for 30th place, although Yoko Ono actually edged them out as our top female artist overall (sorry, Julian).

4. Suck it Joe Rogan!*

Put the following artists in descending (Binky: ascending) order of total points. You will get one (1) point for each correct placement: (a) Buffalo Springfield, (b) Crosby, Stills and Nash (no Young – Binky, no Old), (c) Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, (d) Joni Mitchell, and (e) Neil Young (solo and with Crazy Horse)?

*Please don’t ban me, Spotify.

Neil Young (solo and with Crazy Horse) - 758
Crosby, Stills and Nash - 273
Joni Mitchell - 120
Buffalo Springfield - 102
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - 63

5. It’s 1776 all over again. Or wait, the opposite (Binky: the same).

Of the following UK/US-blended bands, which will score the most cumulative points: (a) Fleetwood Mac (424), (b) Guns N’ Roses (392), (c) The Jimi Hendrix Experience (283), (d) The Police (289), or (e) Talking Heads (390)?

(a) Fleetwood Mac

6. America’s Hat.

Of the following Canadian or Canadian-ish artists, which will score the second-most points: (a) Arcade Fire (218), (b) The Band (475), (c) Leonard Cohen (204), (d) The Mamas and the Papas (64), or (e) Rush (370)?

(e) Rush, second to The Band among artists listed, and third overall Canadian-adjacent act.

7. The Sound of Rand and McNally Quietly Weeping.

Which representative of these oft-confused-by-US-dumbasses countries will score more cumulative points: (a) Metallica (Denmark, the Danish!) (435) or (b) Van Halen (The Netherlands, Holland, the Dutch!) (422)?

(a) Metallica, in a squeaker

8. Where In the World ARE the Middle-Aged Dummies?

Which of the following much-maligned US locales will NOT receive a song-title shout-out: (a) Bakersfield, (b) Buffalo, (c) Detroit, (d) Memphis, or (e) none of the above (all will be represented)?

(e) none of the above (all were represented)

9. Colo(u)r My World.

Which of the following colo(u)rs will get the most votes cumulatively from artist names and song titles: (a) Blue (NOT including artists/titles with “blues” in them) (259), (b) Green (54), (c) Red (152), (d) White (54), or (e) Yello(w) (81)? NOTE that I am counting only English-language artist names/song titles, as I ain’t no Babbel.

10. It’s Deja VoteVu All Over Again…Again.

Which of the following also-rans in prior countdowns will NOT have a song with a cover version in this countdown: (a) Cream, (b) George Michael, (c) Townes Van Zandt, (d) Warren Zevon, or (e) none of the above (all will be covered)?

(d) Warren Zevon

DrIanMalcolm:

I had told Pip that I thought The Weight would be the consensus #1 pick and while it wasn't a blowout, I was happy to see I was proved right.

I love this damned song. And more importantly, I love *this* version of the song that I posted here. It's the great version with the Staples Singers, so you have four different singers take the first four verses, starting with Levon Helm, then Mavis Staples, then of course Pop, and then Rick Danko comes in on verse 4 before going back to Levon Helm. Adding Mavis just brings it to a higher level, and so it's just grand. It seemed like an obvious one for my #1, and unlike the other 2 lists, I didn't hesitate.

Thanks again Krista for doing this and everyone else. I don't know what's next! This has been great fun. :)

DrIanMalcolm:

I had told Pip that I thought The Weight would be the consensus #1 pick and while it wasn't a blowout, I was happy to see I was proved right.

I love this damned song. And more importantly, I love *this* version of the song that I posted here. It's the great version with the Staples Singers, so you have four different singers take the first four verses, starting with Levon Helm, then Mavis Staples, then of course Pop, and then Rick Danko comes in on verse 4 before going back to Levon Helm. Adding Mavis just brings it to a higher level, and so it's just grand. It seemed like an obvious one for my #1, and unlike the other 2 lists, I didn't hesitate.

Thanks again Krista for doing this and everyone else. I don't know what's next! This has been great fun. :)
Pops' verse can get me weepy if I'm in a certain frame of mind (narrator: if Uruk is drunk). He's by far the least dynamic of the 4 singers, but he sounds like he's seen and done it all.

The version that's now available is - to my ears - a little less exciting than the one you used to be able to find, but it's still awesome.

westerberg:

Symphony Number 5 In C Minor (Ludwig van Beethoven (composer)) - Vienna Philharmonic & Carlos Kleiber (performers)
(both new artists)

----------
LVB was such a rock star. I own this on CD and it's terrific.

My friends and I were playing Risk and for some reason had this on. When the eventual winner launched his coup de grâce, it coincided perfectly with this track. The final dice roll came to rest as the final note played. It was EPIC!

Thirty-One-Point Selections:

timschochet:

The Weight - The Band

Just Win Baby:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (English and Zanzibari band members)

Pip’s Invitation:

Cortez The Killer - Neil Young (Canada/US)

(Pip note: For the Spotify playlist, please use the Gov't Mule cover.)

Andy Dufresne:

Synchronicity II - The Police
(duplicate, sixth vote)

DrIanMalcolm:

Don Quixote:

Up On Cripple Creek - The Band (Canada/US - Levon Helm born in US)
(new song)

Dr. Octopus:

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - The Band (Canada w/ US Drummer)
(duplicate, fifth vote)

scorchy:

Rocket Queen - Guns N' Roses (U.S., UK)
(duplicate, third vote)

(from scorchy: please use this for playlist)

shuke:

Where Is My Mind? - The Pixies …...........Joey Santiago born in Philippines
(duplicate, second vote)

Sullie:

Working Man (Live in Cleveland) - Rush (Canada. . . Included to make the haters cry. . . Your salty tears quench my thirst for RUSH!)
(duplicate, second vote)

The Dreaded Marco:

Cattle And Cane - The Go-Betweens
(new song)

Mister CIA:

Radar Love - Golden Earring (Netherlands)
(duplicate, fifth vote)

Hawks64:

Break Free - Dave Matthews Band
(new song)

Mrs. Rannous:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (Madagascar)

titusbramble:

Get Lucky - Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers (French)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Raging weasel:

Heaven And Hell - Black Sabbath
(new song)

Ilov80s:

Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
(duplicate, fourth vote)

worrierking:

The Weight - The Band (Canada/Arkansas)

Val Rannous:

2112 - Rush (Canada)
(duplicate, second vote)

krista4:

Suzanne - Leonard Cohen (Canada)
(duplicate, third vote)

Mt. Man:

Never Tear Us Apart - INXS (Australian band)
(new song)

JMLs secret identity:

Killing Me Softly - The Fugees (Haiti)
(duplicate, third vote)

otb_lifer:

Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling (Germany)
(new artist)

simey:

Watching The Wheels - John Lennon and Yoko Ono (England, Japan)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

rockaction:

Madness - Prince Buster (Jamaica)
(new artist)

New Binky the Doormat:

Layla - Derek And The Dominos (English-American blues/rock band)
(duplicate, third vote)

landrys hat:

Vitamin C - CAN (Germany)
(duplicate, second vote)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (Zanzibar)

MAC_32:

One - Metallica (That shmuck Lars)
(duplicate, second vote)

jwb:

On The Beach (CSNY 74 Album) - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
(new song)

(Boz Scaggs cover for Spotify)

Eephus:

Back On The Chain Gang - The Pretenders
(new song)

Hov34:

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Manster:

Creeping Death - Metallica
(new song)

simsarge:

Pretty Lady - Lighthouse (This is a cover of the original, but it sounds really, really close. Part of the reason would likely be the lead singer Jamie Prokop is the son of the late, great Skip Prokop Lighthouse's original lead singer. He sounds A LOT like him here. Lighthouse was extremely popular in Canada and very little in my AM radio waves Upstate NY area. I first came across the song on a K-Tel (closest thing to FM radio for me back in the day) record and have loved it since.)
(new artist)

ditkaburgers:

Alors On Danse - Stromae
(new artist)

Doug B:

Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) (1991 Live Version) - Neil Young
(duplicate, fourth vote)

(For playlist purposes, please use this)

westerberg:

(both new artists)

KarmaPolice:

Cusp Of Eternity - Opeth
(new song)

higgins:

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police (UK/US mix)
(new song)

zamboni:

Under The Milky Way - The Church (Australia)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Zegras11:

Like A Hurricane - Neil Young
(duplicate, third vote)

Oliver Humanzee:

Cortez The Killer - Neil Young

(please use Slint cover for playlist)

Chaos34:

Runnin’ With The Devil - Van Halen
(duplicate, second vote)

AAABatteries:

Killer Queen - Queen
(new song)
The #1s Playlist!!

Neil hangs on for the upset win!

Your favorite artists:

Top 10:

Neil Young: 758

Queen: 708

The Band: 475

Metallica: 435

Fleetwood Mac: 424

Van Halen: 422

Guns N’ Roses: 392

Talking Heads: 390

Rush: 370

CSN/Y: 273 + 63 = 336

11-20:

INXS: 301

Bob Marley: 300

The Police: 289

The Jimi Hendrix Experience: 283

Wings: 256

AC/DC: 234

Arcade Fire: 218

Tool: 211

Leonard Cohen: 204

Santana: 191

21-30:

Nick Cave: 184

Velvet Underground: 169

Triumph: 163

Thin Lizzy: 161

Ramones: 160

Derek and the Dominos: 158

John Lennon: 152

Yoko Ono: 152 (<-top female)

The Pretenders: 149 (<-top non-Yoko female)

Dave Matthews Band: 149

31-40:

Golden Earring: 144

Supertramp: 143

Scorpions: 140

Living Colour: 130

The Black Crowes: 128

Daft Punk: 126

Nico: 126

Yes: 122

Joni Mitchell: 120

Jimmy Cliff: 117
🥳🥳🥳

I was wondering if picking the CSNY version instead of the Neil version of On the Beach was going to rob him from the top spot.

Users who are viewing this thread