What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Player Do You Wish Everyone Would Shut Up About? (1 Viewer)

IMO we have seen peak Hines and, in my PPR league, he isn't worth a roster spot.
Methinks you need a bit more research this off-season my friend:

LOL! The preseason hype train in effect. First, and only, stop HSG's pad.

Sure, maybe, why not? Sproles & Harmon are kinda, sorta comps and they didn't really get going until their fifth seasons.

He'll be undrafted in my league, almost guaranteed (and deservedly) so I'll put him on my FA watch list.
Damn, how many roster spots do you have? He's going in the 10th round right now in PPR leagues, so unless your redraft is less than 12 rounds, he's getting drafted in your league.
Maybe. I honestly didn't check our previous drafts to see if/when he went.

Just checked, in 2021 he went 13.11 (12 team, redraft, ppr, superflex, 16 roster spots). In 2019 it was 13.06 - yeah that's dart throwing territory. Both seasons he finished as a liability in PPG & total points scored.

As I said, repeatedly, maybe this season he does something better than what we have seen previously but, ATM, he's not a target for me.
Ya I guess I just found it odd that a 10th round ADP player is "almost guaranteed to go undrafted" in your 15+ round draft. I'd pretty much guarantee he does get drafted. Unless you guys start 5 kickers :P

IMO we have seen peak Hines and, in my PPR league, he isn't worth a roster spot.

Sure, maybe, why not? Sproles & Harmon are kinda, sorta comps and they didn't really get going until their fifth seasons.

He'll be undrafted in my league, almost guaranteed (and deservedly) so I'll put him on my FA watch list.
Damn, how many roster spots do you have? He's going in the 10th round right now in PPR leagues, so unless your redraft is less than 12 rounds, he's getting drafted in your league.

Just checked, in 2021 he went 13.11 (12 team, redraft, ppr, superflex, 16 roster spots). In 2019 it was 13.06 - yeah that's dart throwing territory. Both seasons he finished as a liability in PPG & total points scored.

As I said, repeatedly, maybe this season he does something better than what we have seen previously but, ATM, he's not a target for me.
Ya I guess I just found it odd that a 10th round ADP player is "almost guaranteed to go undrafted" in your 15+ round draft. I'd pretty much guarantee he does get drafted. Unless you guys start 5 kickers :P
(y)
MFL has his ADP in 12 team ppr redraft leagues as 11.4, I am guessing those are mostly one QB leagues which explains the two round difference in my league, but his range is anywhere from round 6 to round 24. I think you know what I feel about ADP; the further you get from the top of the draft the less value it has. By round 10 it's about as reliable as divination.

Possibly "just" a hamstring. Although hamstring injuries for speed guys are certainly not trivial injuries to overcome.

And usually don’t require a cart unless significant.

They are saying it's a groin. And the way the Chiefs training fields are set up, I think they pretty much cart off every injured player. The fields are quite a distance from the locker rooms and trainer areas.

(y)
MFL has his ADP in 12 team ppr redraft leagues as 11.4, I am guessing those are mostly one QB leagues which explains the two round difference in my league, but his range is anywhere from round 6 to round 24. I think you know what I feel about ADP; the further you get from the top of the draft the less value it has. By round 10 it's about as reliable as divination.
Hi ADP in 2-QB leagues is 10.07 with a LOW of 13.05. If your draft is more than 14 rounds (it is, right?), he's getting drafted. Almost guaranteed. But get back to us on that.

URL unfurl="true"]https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/video/jamey-eisenberg-breaks-down-why-nyheim-hines-is-a-top-fantasy-sleeper-for-the-2022-season/amp/[/URL]

Ya I guess I just found it odd that a 10th round ADP player is "almost guaranteed to go undrafted" in your 15+ round draft. I'd pretty much guarantee he does get drafted.

Unless you guys start 5 kickers :P
Possibly "just" a hamstring. Although hamstring injuries for speed guys are certainly not trivial injuries to overcome.

And usually don’t require a cart unless significant.

They are saying it's a groin. And the way the Chiefs training fields are set up, I think they pretty much cart off every injured player. The fields are quite a distance from the locker rooms and trainer areas.
Ok, then maybe it’s not so bad. Appreciate that info.

Still - groin injuries for speedy players are less than ideal. Worth filing away.

(y)
Hi ADP in 2-QB leagues is 10.07 with a LOW of 13.05. If your draft is more than 14 rounds (it is, right?), he's getting drafted. Almost guaranteed. But get back to us on that.
If I remember to I will. But I am writing an awful lot about a player I consider to be inconsequential. If I miss on him, there will be other players available who will be better flex plays week-over-week.

ETA: It's weird but in PPR leagues on FF Calculator they show his ADP as 9.07 with an range of 5.12-11.07 but in 2-QB (not sure if it's PPR or not) it's 10.07 with a range of 3.01-13.05. I wonder how they compile their data. It seems like their data may not exclude keeper/dynasty formats and maybe is mock draft driven. I think I like MFL because you can choose redrafts only and exclude mock drafts.

Last edited:

(y)
If I remember to I will. But I am writing an awful lot about a player I consider to be inconsequential. If I miss on him, there will be other players available who will be better flex plays week-over-week.
I'm not criticizing your opinion of the player. If you don't like Hines and don't draft him, that's totally fine. It was you saying that he is rightfully almost guaranteed to not even get taken in your league that I have issues with lol

(y)
I'm not criticizing your opinion of the player. If you don't like Hines and don't draft him, that's totally fine. It was you saying that he is rightfully almost guaranteed to not even get taken in your league that I have issues with lol
I know you're not. It's all good. I never take things like this personally, I hope that was the takeaway from the Barkley/Kamara discussion.

(y)
I know you're not. It's all good. I never take things like this personally, I hope that was the takeaway from the Barkley/Kamara discussion.
Neither of those guys will be drafted in my league. :P

Wow…there’s no way Hines is going undrafted in my full PPR league. He’ll be gone 10th, McKissic the 11th, Gainwell the 12th, and James Cook in front of all of them.

Hero RB - pivot to receivers / mid to late rounds are backups & 3rd down RBs. Those satellite backs are never on our WW, better draft then if you’re going that route.

Fantastic strategy bc you can punt your RB2 and draft WR2/WR3 while your league mates are wasting picks on shaky RBs from the Dead Zone.

Trey Lance

Guy looks great in practice, makes some nice plays in pre-season. So lets act like it's a done deal?

Yeah, I mean, there's reason for excitement. But is he Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, or Robert Griffin?

Trey Lance

Guy looks great in practice, makes some nice plays in pre-season. So lets act like it's a done deal?

Yeah, I mean, there's reason for excitement. But is he Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, or Robert Griffin?
I am a little confused. You want people to stop talking about him so you can get a better value on him? Or you want people to stop talking about him because you are sick of listening to people overhype him? I think this thread is targeting the former.

Wow…there’s no way Hines is going undrafted in my full PPR league. He’ll be gone 10th, McKissic the 11th, Gainwell the 12th, and James Cook in front of all of them.

Hero RB - pivot to receivers / mid to late rounds are backups & 3rd down RBs. Those satellite backs are never on our WW, better draft then if you’re going that route.

Fantastic strategy bc you can punt your RB2 and draft WR2/WR3 while your league mates are wasting picks on shaky RBs from the Dead Zone.
Exactly.

DAMEON PIERCE - He has several great matchups in the last 5-6 games of the fantasy season.
Now whether or not Marlon Mack fully disappears is one thing, but this certainly has the look of the new rookie taking over, even if for the only reason was Mack was signed to ONLY a 1 year "fill in" deal? (I'd have to look back to be sure, but I think he was signed to a 1 year contract)
Is this a hype/ "why I believe in the scenario" boost? Not really, I just hope the chatter on Pierce stays down, I want to get him cheap in every league.

:football:

DAMEON PIERCE - He has several great matchups in the last 5-6 games of the fantasy season.
Now whether or not Marlon Mack fully disappears is one thing, but this certainly has the look of the new rookie taking over, even if for the only reason was Mack was signed to ONLY a 1 year "fill in" deal? (I'd have to look back to be sure, but I think he was signed to a 1 year contract)
Is this a hype/ "why I believe in the scenario" boost? Not really, I just hope the chatter on Pierce stays down, I want to get him cheap in every league.

If the hype keeps rising, I think Joe is gonna change his price in the subscriber contest

If the hype keeps rising, I think Joe is gonna change his price in the subscriber contest

I think you might have to get him by rd 6-7 by the time most people draft in re-draft if it keeps up.
I plan on owning him everywhere, and if I loathe whats left at RB in those rounds, I will get Pierce and not think twice.
(we play in start 3WR leagues) I tend to go WR-WR in our formats, and getting mid round winners/late season starters (like he may well turn out to be) is definitely how you win leagues with us.
The majority of our guys are fairly shrewd , and virtually ALL the backups with a pulse are gone on draft day.

Trey Lance

Rg3 was a monster up until his injury

Pacheco steam is going full ahead now. Hopefully you can grab him late in a draft that is this week. Just read he went 6.01 in a $2k entry FFPC draft, so there's not much time before he goes from underrated to overrated.

Great thread. One super helpful thing too is to say where you have the player ranked. That helps put context on it.

Anything Broncos passing game.

I wanted these guys. Russ/Sutton/Jeudy/ maybe others late.
The hype and rising ADPs are making it rough. I feel strongly this staff with that QB in the game contexts they’re going to be in are going to go big. BUT everyone seems to agree and be on them. I seriously have to take Russ ahead of Burrow or Sutton ahead of DJ Moore to get them? I’m just not going to get them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread