What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Are You Pushing the Panic Button On? (1 Viewer)

Andre Johnson
Most targeted player through 2 weeks. Seemingly minor injury toward end of game when it was out of hand. This week was disappointing, but, so was Calvin in week 1. I wouldn't panic on AJ yet.
We don't get points for targets. No scores through 3 games.
AJ isn't exactly known as a TD guy though. In ppr, he's still fine at least.
Probly not for where he was drafted. I had the guy last year and feel like I squeezed out the last juice of an orange. Writing was on the wall all year long.

I agree with everyone saying Ray Rice....

He sucks huge monkey balls! Not like the little monkeys that hangout on your shoulders, more like the ones from planet of the apes... Yea he actually sucks ape balls!

Jordan Cameron.
I certainly agree that he's probably not going to maintain the insane numbers he had when he started the season--but I don't know if it is panic time just yet either. I'd still be hard pressed to name 10-12 tight ends that I'd want over him--which means that in a 10-12 team league--he's still a TE1. Again--thats not phenomenal--but I don't know if it's super panic time either--but he's certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Jordan Cameron.
I certainly agree that he's probably not going to maintain the insane numbers he had when he started the season--but I don't know if it is panic time just yet either. I'd still be hard pressed to name 10-12 tight ends that I'd want over him--which means that in a 10-12 team league--he's still a TE1. Again--thats not phenomenal--but I don't know if it's super panic time either--but he's certainly worth keeping an eye on.
The issue with TE is that after the top 3 or so there is a massive drop-off, making the position incredibly valuable. When Cameron was posting Graham / Gronk numbers, he looked like he was going to win a lot of leagues for people. Now, not so much.

Maybe that doesn't mean panic time, but it does suck for owners who felt as though they were a shoo-in for a top-3 finish and now have to gut it out with a back-end TE1 or try to catch lightning in a bottle with a guy like Wright.

Why did I not push the panic button on Ray Rice in Week 3? What a colossal failure. Ryan Mathews? Can't get a handoff from the 1? You are dead to me. Woodhead is the guy to have in SD. Wallace? Way to cash in on a big paycheck you worthless turd. Bowe? Worthless. Whole lotta fail this year.

Jordan Cameron.
The issue with TE is that after the top 3 or so there is a massive drop-off, making the position incredibly valuable. When Cameron was posting Graham / Gronk numbers, he looked like he was going to win a lot of leagues for people. Now, not so much.

Maybe that doesn't mean panic time, but it does suck for owners who felt as though they were a shoo-in for a top-3 finish and now have to gut it out with a back-end TE1 or try to catch lightning in a bottle with a guy like Wright.
I can certainly understand that point of view. I'd always viewed there as being a huge dropoff after the Gronk/Graham tier--so that's why I had a slightly different point of view. But yes--for owners that had Cameron as being a lock to be a top 3 tight end---I'd call it panic time based on those parameters. Point well made.

Jordan Cameron.

I can certainly understand that point of view. I'd always viewed there as being a huge dropoff after the Gronk/Graham tier--so that's why I had a slightly different point of view. But yes--for owners that had Cameron as being a lock to be a top 3 tight end---I'd call it panic time based on those parameters. Point well made.
Everyone probably got him in the late rounds so it isn't really a panic situation I guess, I'm more hitting the panic button on Jason Campbell throwing to Little and Bess and Ogbonaya all day. I don't have the targets in front of me but they showed a graphic at one point in the game and it was 11-WR 0-TE and 5-RB. wtf

Andre Johnson
Most targeted player through 2 weeks. Seemingly minor injury toward end of game when it was out of hand. This week was disappointing, but, so was Calvin in week 1. I wouldn't panic on AJ yet.
AJ isn't exactly known as a TD guy though. In ppr, he's still fine at least.
Probly not for where he was drafted. I had the guy last year and feel like I squeezed out the last juice of an orange. Writing was on the wall all year long.
:topcat:

Andre Johnson
fail
is that really a fail? Thru 8 weeks he had 0 tds. Sure btw end of the year i agree but so far he was more right than wrong

Andre Johnson
fail
is that really a fail? Thru 8 weeks he had 0 tds. Sure btw end of the year i agree but so far he was more right than wrong
Before today Andre was 20th for WRs. And that is without any TDs. To me the lack of TDs is a sign that he will do better than 20th, because he isn't going to be held out of the endzone all year. It's ####### Andre.

I am very concerned about Vincent Jackson to be honest. Tons of volatility in his numbers. If he plays a decent defense, he is largely neutralized.

Yeah kind of. I don't know though. I think some owners view him as a true WR1, which he might be statisically by the end of the year, but I don't think of him that way. I like him as a strong WR2 or great WR3 play. In the league I own him in, I have him along with Jordy, Amendola, and Antonio Brown. Obviously Jordy and Brown are must starts every week but I am not so sure I just plug Vjax in over Amendola (while healthy).

Vjax's schedule does soften though with only the Panthers and 49ers as tougher matchups on the horizon:

Wish I would of moved Richardson back in week 2. He is moving to my bench, I would rather start Tolbert than him.

Jordan Cameron.
With a hack like Campbell, he's doomed until next year.
Campbell completed 65% of his passes for nearly 300 yards and 3 TD's with no interceptions and earned his team a win against a rival. Not exactly the kind of performance that we can call him a hack for.

Cameron and Gordon were targeted heavily, the Ravens gameplanned to take them out yesterday. Saw these stats posted elsewhere:

G. Litte - 9 targets, 7 receptions for 122 yards

J. Gordon - 7 targets, 3 receptions for 44 yards

C. Ogbonnaya - 6 targets, 5 receptions for 5 yards

D. Bess - 4 targets, 3 receptions for 24 yards and 2 TDs

F. Whittaker - 4 targets, 3 receptions for 13 yards

A. Edwards - 1 target, 1 reception for 10 yards

G. Barnidge - 1 target, 1 reception for 4 yards and 1 TD

J. Cameron - 5 targets, 1 reception for 4 yards

It actually looks like Campbell and the Browns did a great job making adjustments to the Raven's strategy.

Jordan Cameron.
With a hack like Campbell, he's doomed until next year.
Campbell completed 65% of his passes for nearly 300 yards and 3 TD's with no interceptions and earned his team a win against a rival. Not exactly the kind of performance that we can call him a hack for.

Cameron and Gordon were targeted heavily, the Ravens gameplanned to take them out yesterday. Saw these stats posted elsewhere:

G. Litte - 9 targets, 7 receptions for 122 yards

J. Gordon - 7 targets, 3 receptions for 44 yards

C. Ogbonnaya - 6 targets, 5 receptions for 5 yards

D. Bess - 4 targets, 3 receptions for 24 yards and 2 TDs

F. Whittaker - 4 targets, 3 receptions for 13 yards

A. Edwards - 1 target, 1 reception for 10 yards

G. Barnidge - 1 target, 1 reception for 4 yards and 1 TD

J. Cameron - 5 targets, 1 reception for 4 yards

It actually looks like Campbell and the Browns did a great job making adjustments to the Raven's strategy.
The Ravens did a good job of taking away Gordon and Cameron - 12 targets, 4 receptions for 48 yards should be considered a win for them. Who expected Little to catch 7 of 9 targets for 122 yards?

I am very concerned about Vincent Jackson to be honest. Tons of volatility in his numbers.
Isn't that what you expect with the guy? Never had him on a team, but I felt as if he was a boom or bust each and every week.
He's been that way his whole career.
Yeah, that's why his stats for the season look nice, but you can't have this unreliability from a WR1 or WR2.
Vjax has been inconsistent his whole career--but it seems strange to push the panic button now. He was playing against the Seahawks--and a premier D (Richard Sherman..etc). Also--the Bucs strangely got out to a 21 point lead and this basically changed their gameplan to running the ball pretty much all game--look at what Mike James did. You couple an elite D with an in game dynamic that promoted abandoning the passing game---I just don't see a circumstance where Vjax really should have had a big game yesterday. Don't get me wrong-- I'm not saying that Vjax is above ever being panic'd over--all I'm saying is that yesterdays performance was a product of many different factors that aren't necessarily Vjax's fault. I personally don't see the Bucs playing from ahead many more times this year--which should be good for vjax.

Ray Rice is useless at this point! I'd like to say push a panic button, but this guy has done nothing all season besides one fluke 2 TD game. If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck...IT'S A DUCK!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread