What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is going to pay for the wall? (1 Viewer)

Right now Trump is floating the idea that he'll start by using fund confiscated from cartels.  I saw an estimate of 25 billion to build the wall so whatever confiscated dough we use we're gonna need a LOT more.

Ben Carson seems to think we won't need border enforcement anymore once the wall is built so we would have that money as well.  I think Dr Carson is still in rem state at the moment however.

Tariff on imported goods from Mexico.  So American consumers will pay.

ETA:  There won't be a wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now Trump is floating the idea that he'll start by using fund confiscated from cartels.  I saw an estimate of 25 billion to build the wall so whatever confiscated dough we use we're gonna need a LOT more.

Ben Carson seems to think we won't need border enforcement anymore once the wall is built so we would have that money as well.  I think Dr Carson is still in rem state at the moment however.
Ben Carson's idea from the debates was TWO walls with a road in between. Take that donald.

Nobody. He's not building a wall. He's just promising it to get certain votes. The same way Hillary is promising tons of things she never intends to carry through on.

That's how politics works, guys. Get with the program.

I want lasers protecting the border. Cross the laser you die. That would solve this problem like tomorrow. 

Or moats filled with piranhas but i have not worked out the logistics on this plan yet. It is still in sketch mode right now. 

I thought I read somewhere it will be the same people who are paying for the  "free" college, phones and healthcare?

I don't care who pays for it. It's actually one thing our tax money is supposed to go towards. 26 billion could easily be found in government waste over 5 years if we had any politicians worth a damn.

I thought I read somewhere it will be the same people who are paying for the  "free" college, phones and healthcare?
I don't know about free but I think I'd rather work towards improving those than a wall that you can climb over with a ladder.

How this is the thing that got a guy this close to being president is the laughably stupid.

Taking Trump out of it, I think most people, besides Tim, can agree that we need some kind of wall/fence/increased security along certain parts of our southern border, right?

Taking Trump out of it, I think most people, besides Tim, can agree that we need some kind of wall/fence/increased security along certain parts of our southern border, right?
I'm not as affected in the mid-Atlantic, but my cousin (through marriage) is a federal agent in Phoenix, and some of the stories I've heard from him are outrageous. 

This is crazy.  I don't think this wall will stop anyone from going from the US to Mexico.

Trump has stated repeatedly that Mexico was paying for the wall therefore any thought of US tax payers footing the bill should not be a part of this duscussion.  

I think our border should be reasonably secured. But don't we already have what you're describing?

I want lasers protecting the border. Cross the laser you die. That would solve this problem like tomorrow. 

Or moats filled with piranhas but i have not worked out the logistics on this plan yet. It is still in sketch mode right now. 
Screw the piranhas. I want sharks with #######g laser beams on their heads.

I feel like the Trump move is to get Mexico to agree to pay $25 billion to build the wall in exchange for $50 billion in US aid and then claim credit for getting them to build the wall and saving the taxpayer's money.

I think our border should be reasonably secured. But don't we already have what you're describing?
Oh, I thought you were an open borders guy. My mistake.

As far as the border, I don't know. I've seen plenty of news stories of areas where the fence is poorly maintained or non-existent and people can easily get through.

Oh, I thought you were an open borders guy. My mistake.

As far as the border, I don't know. I've seen plenty of news stories of areas where the fence is poorly maintained or non-existent and people can easily get through.
I am what you would call an open borders guy, meaning that I am in favor of liberalizing our immigration laws, and I am sympathetic to those undocumented already here. But that doesn't mean we can't have secure borders.

My understanding, however, is that illegal crossings from our southern border have significantly been reduced in recent years, and that this is not a serious problem.

I feel like the Trump move is to get Mexico to agree to pay $25 billion to build the wall in exchange for $50 billion in US aid and then claim credit for getting them to build the wall and saving the taxpayer's money.
He's a deal maker.

"Do not try to build the wall, that's impossible. Instead you must realize the truth. There is no wall"

In ToxicAvenger43; The Rise of TRUMO, President Trumo finds his wall plan is too 'uuuuge, so he fills the Rio Grande and Lower Colorado with dioxin sludge and the effect creates a race of superhuman mop swingers wearing sombreros and bandoleros, which he uses to protect the border and mop up ISIS and save the oil. Cigar Face, who has taken over the cartels from El Chapo, has diverted some of the the sludge to tanks in Baja and uses it to make DioxyMeth a drug which offers a righteous buzz and turns one into a bandoleroed killing machine. War begins when.............help! somebody stop me!!

Last edited by a moderator:

This guy at least has a clue. We need a double wall with a 100 yard moat in the middle (this would be converted to 110 yards if it was Canada's side of the border), filled with laser equipped robo-sharks. :shark:

600 miles of fence between San Diego and El Paso. A few spots in AZ on Native lands that have no fence, otherwise it is pretty continuous. El Paso Sector and Tucson Sector are monitored by tethered blimps, drones, planes, cameras, and BP agents on the line. Tucson Sector had heavy traffic about 5 years ago, especially around the Chiricuahas and Tohono O'Odham Res but I think it moved towards Yuma Sector in the past year or so. Most of the fence in this section looks like this: http://joeforamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/15-Ft-Border-Fence.jpg

I don't know much about Big Bend, Laredo, Del Rio, RGV Sectors as for fences and monitoring. That is where most of the illegal crossings have occurred over the past few years (especially Central American border crossers). I know that between El Paso and Sierra Blanca the river is pretty much wide open. The farms in Clint, Fabens, and Ft Hancock go all the way to the river and Mexican farms pick up on the other side, no physical barrier at all.

Users who are viewing this thread