What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the bust out WR for the stretch run? (1 Viewer)

Did someone actually say that it or was more of a "They say..." Or "I'm hearing..." situation?
This is what I observed from Foles during preseason.

He got hurt. So no way of knowing if that carries over into regular season games now.

Chark broke out since then. At the time just speculating on who might be the WR 1 for the Jaguars. Westbrook is a good player but I think Chark has passed him.

imo

T Williams / Renfrow

Crowder

Tate & Slayton if Shepard remains out

Sanu

and all Jags receivers are interesting with a healthy Foles and decent schedule

I hate his upcoming schedule, but if I were going to pick a WR that's going to outperform what he's done to this point it would be Keenan Allen.

My "out of the blue" guy is Andy Isabella.  It seems to really be clicking for him now, and that offense seems like it will reward a guy with his catch and run skill set.

I own zero shares of either one.  Just a "I watch the Sunday Ticket" feeling.
Isabella is the one I'm tracking, perhaps because he isn't one of those "round up the usual suspects" guys. Funchess and Ginn and that ilk seem to spend the entire season rotating on and off the bottom of every fantasy roster in the league.

imo

T Williams / Renfrow

Crowder

Tate & Slayton if Shepard remains out

Sanu

and all Jags receivers are interesting with a healthy Foles and decent schedule
How about Tyrell Williams for a strong finish? Decent schedule, solid QB play. Team is a potential playoff team that can rush to the ball well. He had a very strong start, got injured, is HE back in the mix? I see he was dropped in one league.

How about Tyrell Williams for a strong finish? Decent schedule, solid QB play. Team is a potential playoff team that can rush to the ball well. He had a very strong start, got injured, is HE back in the mix? I see he was dropped in one league.
Raiders aren't a hurry up team and have many mouths to feed right now. They really want to control the ball and run Jacobs, who along with Waller, are their best players. I roster Williams and until they rededicate themselves to him in the red zone and end zone, he sees my bench. 

eta* But I'm not saying not to pick him up. Depending on circumstances, I probably would. He's got talent and a good QB behind a solid line. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised the most obvious WR hasn't been mentioned yet - Michael Thomas

- He is averaging 9.56 catches per game.  No, that's not targets - that's catches!  The next closest WR is Nuke, and he is averaging exactly 2 catches less.

If I had to take a guess, I would say Marquise Brown. 

Lamar Jackson is such a dynamic offensive powerhouse, and teams are going to load up to stop the run.    That should open up opportunities for big plays over the top for Hollywood.  He will give Baltimore a completely different offensive dimension with his explosiveness.   Brown isn't just a speed guy; he is a superb route runner with great hands.  

I think Dave Moore is coming on, Curtis Samuel gets the crumbs and also manages low double digits many weeks in PPR, Moore seems to have a little more upside, doubt he would cost a bunch in a trade. 

John Brown seems like he could be had right now, doesn't score many TDs but he has Miami this week, things could change there. Buffalo very much int he thick of the playoff race and despite the Browns loss last week, think they can bounce back. 

Is this the thread where we all name WRs on our bench?  If so, then I'll go with TY Hilton!

Other WRs can't be trusted, Brissett will be returning soon, with the exception of week 16 (Carolina) the schedule is far more pass favorable than run favorable, could be able to snag him from a needy owner this week while he is still sidelined (and just before your league trade deadline).

John Brown is due a for a big day... He's got to be the most under performing #1 WR on a team this season ....
Alshon Jeffery, Corey Davis, Juju Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Tyler Boyd, Jamison Crowder, any Redskin...actually Brown is probably closer to “top 10” among #1 WRs than he is to 32.

isabella. Hes emerging and earning more playing time. I imagine AZ wants to get a good look at him going into next year; hes going to get a lot of opportunities, it's just a matter of if he catches fire or fizzles 

also, what about Jakeem Grant? Parker? I know Miami doesn't scream offe sive powerhouse for fantasy purposes, but Preston Williams was doing really well prior to his injury. Someone will get getting those targets and could be a decent flex play here on out. Maybe it's Parker. 

also, what about Jakeem Grant? Parker? I know Miami doesn't scream offe sive powerhouse for fantasy purposes, but Preston Williams was doing really well prior to his injury. Someone will get getting those targets and could be a decent flex play here on out. Maybe it's Parker. 
It's Parker. 

Alshon Jeffery, Corey Davis, Juju Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Tyler Boyd, Jamison Crowder, any Redskin...actually Brown is probably closer to “top 10” among #1 WRs than he is to 32.
All those guys have at least one 20 point fantasy game... John Brown maybe 1 time all season 

All those guys have at least one 20 point fantasy game... John Brown maybe 1 time all season 
I’d rather have 10-12 points every week than 20 once and 7 the rest of the season...Brown is among the most consistent floor producers this year.  A couple breakout games and he might start getting more buzz.

And one of the Titans will surely rise to the top in his own way. Whether it's Davis coming back or Brown seeing more than two targets, somebody has to step up for them.
I had high hopes for Brown and really like him long term, but this is not a passing offense and the QB situation is not great. They just beat the Chiefs in a shootout and Brown only had 4 targets and 1 catch. 

dcgangstas said:
If I had to take a guess, I would say Marquise Brown. 

Lamar Jackson is such a dynamic offensive powerhouse, and teams are going to load up to stop the run.    That should open up opportunities for big plays over the top for Hollywood.  He will give Baltimore a completely different offensive dimension with his explosiveness.   Brown isn't just a speed guy; he is a superb route runner with great hands.  
Yeah I like M.Brown over AJ Brown for rest of season. Better QB, better team, and better schedule. Better nickname too 😎 even though I think AJ is just as talented.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mercole Hardman.  Despite the low usage he continues to make plays.  Ranked ahead of OBJ in my 12 team .5 PPR league.  Amazing that he’s already scored 5 TDs.  Puts it into perspective.  A target of Mahomes.  Typically rookie WRs usage spikes later in the year.  If he starts taking more snaps from Robinson he’s going to have a shot at 8 or 9 TDs.

It does NOT appear to be MVS, Pettis or Boykin. Guys I've held all year. AJ Brown has slumped lately too but been somewhat reliable. 

Renfrow seems to be surging already.

I like the players mentioned above with supporting evidence... Especially... This guy because I just dropped him. That is really happens. I think it's science.

I'm a Kirk owner and feel he's been pretty steady most of the year only like one dud.  Team throws lots, plays fast, line hasn't been as bad as thought. 

I heard Landry. Couldn't ODBJ also improve? Cleveland underperforming. So lots of room for all to do better.

Isabella is a speedy player who might have some spot play with low volume.

Metcalf, Hollister Gordon in Seattle.

I think I read something about Harry in NE. 

I think Chad Kelly could be a factor in Ind. Hoyer or Brissett fine. But Kelly is a great QB, just a dumb dumb person. If Hoyer goes down. I would consider how his strengths might impact passing game and targets. Like if he's got great deep accuracy and there's a speedy deep threat... Or if he's bad at outside throws. It's a situation to watch for. 

Who's the LAR WR Josh Reynolds? Cooks concussed. 

Ross is coming back. I didn't research this so I'm just blurting stuff out as I think it... obviously.

Tim Patrick.  I think he slides in as the #2 behind Sutton now that he’s back from IR. The question is what will the QB play look like for Denver at this point. 

I don’t think it’s players on your bench, it’s players who might be available who you want to get on your bench.

They don’t need to play for good teams, just teams with a shot at a late season surge. And the WR needs increased opportunity he didn’t have earlier in the year.

I like Slayton and Isabella here. 

I really like Deebo Samuel, think his floor is top 36WR rest of season and could find himself inside the top 24. Garoppolo can't trust any other (healthy) WR on his roster not to muff the catch (similarly the WRs can't rely on Garoppolo to throw with much accuracy). Deebo showed impressive skills using his body to shield throws and catch in traffic against an aggressive (first time this season) Seahawks secondary. Sanders will probably be hit or miss the next few weeks in terms of availability. Kittle probably has a significant PCL injury, and I see him missing 1-2 more games and being used more conservatively for the rest of the season. 

I'm paralyzed by FOMO when it comes to Slayton, Gordon, Tre'Quan, probably Slayton has the best chance because he's really earned his QB and coach's trust the past few weeks. As a Seahawks fan, I'm carrying Gordon.

If Metcalf can learn to catch a back shoulder fade... he'll be a 100/1 WR every week, but I don't think he's going to learn how to do it this season (unless Gordon has some magic).

Curtis Samuel has 4 theoretically nice games in the next 6 weeks, 2 against Atlanta, 1 each against the Redskins and Seahawks, but all three of those team defenses might be on the upswing in the second half of the season. Samuel 

OBJ and Baker look to be getting on the same page, finally. 

Calvin Ridley has been disappointing - not much improvement in production from year 1. Not sure why there wasn't an uptick in targets after the Sanu trade.

Name a game where Alshon had 20 points.
Week 1 in PPR

I don’t play PPR, but he had 17.1 standard and 5 catches, so that would get him there.

Although one of those tds was a rushing td.

I actually just dropped him due to byes, so if someone is a believer in him, he could probably be had pretty cheap or free.

I’m not one of those believers.

I really like Deebo Samuel, think his floor is top 36WR rest of season and could find himself inside the top 24. Garoppolo can't trust any other (healthy) WR on his roster not to muff the catch (similarly the WRs can't rely on Garoppolo to throw with much accuracy). Deebo showed impressive skills using his body to shield throws and catch in traffic against an aggressive (first time this season) Seahawks secondary. Sanders will probably be hit or miss the next few weeks in terms of availability. Kittle probably has a significant PCL injury, and I see him missing 1-2 more games and being used more conservatively for the rest of the season. 

I'm paralyzed by FOMO when it comes to Slayton, Gordon, Tre'Quan, probably Slayton has the best chance because he's really earned his QB and coach's trust the past few weeks. As a Seahawks fan, I'm carrying Gordon.

If Metcalf can learn to catch a back shoulder fade... he'll be a 100/1 WR every week, but I don't think he's going to learn how to do it this season (unless Gordon has some magic).

Curtis Samuel has 4 theoretically nice games in the next 6 weeks, 2 against Atlanta, 1 each against the Redskins and Seahawks, but all three of those team defenses might be on the upswing in the second half of the season. Samuel 

OBJ and Baker look to be getting on the same page, finally. 

Calvin Ridley has been disappointing - not much improvement in production from year 1. Not sure why there wasn't an uptick in targets after the Sanu trade.
I wish this were true. It was remarkable how far away from the same page they were in the Thursday game.

Ross is coming back. I didn't research this so I'm just blurting stuff out as I think it... obviously.
Fwiw Cincy goes 11. Oak (a), Pit (h), NYJ (h), Cle (a), 16. Mia (a) and I'm excluding NE wk 15. 

The problem is - Boyd, Tate, Green, Ross could all play a role and they have Finley doing on the job training. 

It will be interesting to see which jaguar receiver perks up with Foles back at the helm. I’m sure they are available in many leagues. 

Users who are viewing this thread