What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the most famous person with whom you have had a beer? (3 Viewers)

Also, I was drinking a beer getting ready to watch the 2014 gold medal USA v Canada hockey game when Big Ben walked in but he didn't come up to me and introduce himself, so f him.

Does Peyton Manning count? Used to sling him and the rest of that era of Vols drinks. He'd usually post up at the side of my bar, and when it would get slow I'd grab a beer and bull#### with him. Also went sledding outside his apt at college park. Zero chance he'd remember me ?

A buddy and I had dinner with Brooks Robinson 3 years ago. They had become friends and he brought me along. We've hung out a couple of times since, but he is up there in age. 

I'm in the entertainment business, so quite a few. Lots of musicians, but a ton of sports stars as well. Always joked that every musician wanted to be a sports star and every sports star wanted to be a musician. Most famous? Ric Flair probably most known worldwide. Most fun to party with? Dimebag, without a doubt. "Drink it or wear it, MFer!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
'd like to hear more about the Zeta Jones encounter, technicality or not.
I found myself in a bar and grill on the UCLA campus, or right off of it I guess. The place had two stories and overlooked an intersection.  On the corners of the intersection were at least three theaters.  I understand it is not an uncommon place for Movie premieres because of the number of theaters, and because the crowd for the premiere will include a large number of young UCLA Co-eds, size 2 woman in short skirts, or so I was told by the waitress. 

When we got to the place there was commotion outside, blocking of streets, setting up of bleachers, risers, stage lighting. We observed as we drank and ate.  After some time it was clear there was going to be a premiere. The bleachers filled, stars came by a set to be interviewed, we watched, being unfamiliar with the scene. After a time some stars and their bodyguards started filing through the place we were drinking to enter the main theater through the back.  (Stars went to one theater, fans the others) Why they preferred this route to walking the alley, or to getting some publicity by running the gauntlet of camera's  I do not know as I was not local.  I guess some wanted publicity and some privacy. Shortly the line through the place was backed up and stopped, it was also running right by our booth.  In the line was Catherine Zeta Zones in a skin tight, red, bejeweled, evening gown/cocktail dress.  She was fairly well known to me by then, me having seen her at least in Zoro and I believe a few other flicks.  (The time frame for this was shortly after the Columbine attack in Denver.) When she got next to our booth the line stalled. She is standing there with two behemoths I took for bodyguards, and she is looking fantastic. We had room in our booth.  I invited her to sit.  She declined saying it might ruin her dress.  I then said I would be happy to offer her a beer but she probably wouldn't want to disturb her makeup.  We just had a flight delivered, along with a pitcher .  The flight was 6 test tubes of various varieties they had on tap.  It was in a nice wooden rack, a nice display. She said actually that would be great, she was dying of thirst.  I held the flight up and she selected a dark sampler.  She took that down.  I asked if she wanted another and she said she sure would and she downed that.  Maybe six ounces in total.  The line started moving and she thanked me and my buddy and said it was too bad she couldn't stay, it looked like we were going to have a better night than her.  She shuffled along then as the line moved. She touched my arm and shoulder ounce or twice while she spoke during the brief encounter.  My buddy noted after she was gone that I never told her our names.  Not like that would have mattered.

The buffalo wings at that place gave me a bad case of the ####s and I ended up going in a bush on the campus, unable to find an open building with a rest room as we passed on through back towards our car. Went from fine to explosive in maybe 5 minutes. Was so noisy in the bushes that some girls maybe 20 yards away on a walking path turned around.  My buddy just lost it. 

I found myself in a bar and grill on the UCLA campus, or right off of it I guess. The place had two stories and overlooked an intersection.  On the corners of the intersection were at least three theaters.  I understand it is not an uncommon place for Movie premieres because of the number of theaters, and because the crowd for the premiere will include a large number of young, size 2 woman in short skirts, or so I was told by the waitress. 

When we got to the place there was commotion outside, blocking of streets, setting up of bleachers. We observed as we drank and ate.  After some time it was clear there was going to be a premiere. The bleachers filled, stars came by a set to be interviewed, we watched being unfamiliar with the scene. After a time some stars and their bodyguards started filing through the place we were drinking to enter the main theater through the back.  Why they preferred this route to walking the alley I do not know as I was not local.  Shortly the line through the place was backed up and stopped, it was also running right by our booth.  In the line was Catherine Zeta Zones in a skin tight red, bejeweled, evening gown/cocktail dress.  She was fairly well known to me by then, me having seen her at least in Zoro and I believe a few other flicks.  (The time frame for this was shortly after the Columbine attack in Denver.) When she got next to our booth the line stalled. She is standing there with two behemoths I took for bodyguards, and she is looking fantastic. We had room in our booth  I invited her to sit.  She declined saying it might ruin her dress.  I then said I would be happy to offer her a beer but she probably wouldn't want to disturb her makeup.  We just had a flight delivered, along with a pitcher .  The flight was 6 test tubes of various varieties they had on tap.  It was in a nice wooden rack, a nice display. She said actually that would be great, she was dying of thirst.  I held the flight up and she selected a dark sampler.  She took that down.  I asked if she wanted another and she said she sure would and she downed that.  Maybe six ounces in total.  The line started moving and she thanked me and my buddy and said it was too bad she couldn't stay, it looked like we were going to have a better night than her.  She shuffled along then as the line moved. She touched my arm and shoulder ounce or twice while she spoke during the brief encounter.  My buddy noted after she was gone that I never told her our names.  Not like that would have mattered.

The buffalo wings at that place gave me a bad case of the ####s and I ended up going in a bush on the campus, unable to find an open building with a rest room as we passed on through back towards our car. Went from fine to explosive in maybe 5 minutes. Was so noisy in the bushes that some girls maybe 20 yards away on a walking path turned around.  My buddy just lost it. 
:thumbup:  Great story. I'm glad I asked. Catherine Zeta-Jones in a skin tight dress wins this thread. 

Played blackjack and drank a few cocktails with Jaromir Jagr. I insulted him by asking what he was doing at a $5 table after a few minutes of chatter and he then ignored me. 

Most recently I had numerous drinks with Bob Griese's wife. She was a blast to drink with and told us some very interesting things about the Dolphins,  her son Brian and broadcasting. During the time with her John Gruden came up said hello to us and slapped my old man on the back. 

John Goodman.  Or Joss Whedon.  I don't know which is more famous these days.
Seriously?  Joss Whedon is the driving force behind The Avengers, Cabin In The Woods, and freaking Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

John Goodman is fat.

Joss Whedon would be on my top 5 list to have a beer with.

Seriously?  Joss Whedon is the driving force behind The Avengers, Cabin In The Woods, and freaking Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

John Goodman is fat.

Joss Whedon would be on my top 5 list to have a beer with.
from what I've heard from friends that have seen him out in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, my guess is Goodman is way more fun to have beers with.

I'm going to guess that O'Malley is a jackhole while Ehrlich is cool and down to earth?  And I'm a lib so there's no political influence here, just how they come across in interviews.
I met O'Malley twice and both times he was really cool. The first was at the Gold's Gym in Ocean City the day Palmeiro got caught using steroids. We talked throughout our entire workouts. The next was at a Halloween party at Arundel Mills in the place that Dave and Busters is now. We were drinking with him, his wife and crew. 

Ehrich is nice, but was a little reserved. His wife was much more outgoing and social. Nothing bad to say about him though. 

I met O'Malley twice and both times he was really cool. The first was at the Gold's Gym in Ocean City the day Palmeiro got caught using steroids. We talked throughout our entire workouts. The next was at a Halloween party at Arundel Mills in the place that Dave and Busters is now. We were drinking with him, his wife and crew. 

Ehrich is nice, but was a little reserved. His wife was much more outgoing and social. Nothing bad to say about him though. 
O'Malley's band still plays at the Rams Head in Annapolis now and then. I've never seen them, but it seems like a pretty fun way to spend an evening.

O'Malley's band still plays at the Rams Head in Annapolis now and then. I've never seen them, but it seems like a pretty fun way to spend an evening.
He used to play every St Patrick's Day in front of Claddagh's. Saw him there back when I drank heavily. Not sure you could pay me to go down for that bar crawl these days. 

Adam West, Mary McDonnell, Sally Field, Sherman Alexie, and Kevin Smith, though he was not famous just yet. The entire band Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.  Doug Martsch from Built to Spill. Probably a few others along the way.  The one thing I've learned, famous people drink beer too.  

She took that down.  I asked if she wanted another and she said she sure would and she downed that.  Maybe six ounces in total.  Went from fine to explosive in maybe 5 minutes. Was so noisy in the bushes that some girls maybe 20 yards away on a walking path turned around.   
so hot. 

That surprises me but it's good to hear. 

Emerson Biggens said:
Stevie Ray is a blues  guitar God that died way too early and MJW is Theo from the Cosby show. 

Neither is a household name though 
SRV should have been. Guy was off the hook amazing.

FatUncleJerryBuss said:
Expand please.
Eddie                         Vedder.                        Very                     down                     to                  earth.              We                      talked                  about                  our                 favorite               San              Diego                              surf                                  spots.

In addition to GM, I would also add Cooper Manning (Eli and Peyton's older brother), who is a pretty good buddy of mine, and Casey Powell, who I know casually from lacrosse tournaments.

My list is scant on star power.

Dr. Octopus said:
from what I've heard from friends that have seen him out in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, my guess is Goodman is way more fun to have beers with.
Goodman has quit drinking, apparently. 

Eddie                         Vedder.                        Very                     down                     to                  earth.              We                      talked                  about                  our                 favorite               San              Diego                              surf                                  spots.
Now contract.

It wasn't a beer but back in 1988 or 1989 I was going to school at the Univ. of Cincinnati and then in the summer I would move back home to NE Ohio to work at various jobs.  In a very small town there was a little record store there.  They were hosting a drum clinic and they were featuring Alan White from Yes.  He gave a one hour clinic (played the drums) took a break for 30 minutes or so to tell stories and answer questions and then he played again for about another hour or so.  It was absolutely amazing.  At the end they set up a table where he was nice enough to sign autographs and allow people to have their pictures taken with him.  No charge for any of this.  I will say you could not ask for a nicer more down to earth guy, he was amazing!

Almost forgot some others :

I ran into Marge Schott at a Cincinnati Reds game.  Me and my buddy were walking around the stadium, looking for our seats and we just walked right into her.  She stops us and says "How are you too doing?"  "Are you enjoying the game?"  and lastly she said "Do you need anything?"  I was shocked, she was super nice and very sincere.  

I ran into Bob Huggins at the airport in Cincinnati, I didn't bother him and I ran into Chris Sabo when I was in church in college and I didn't bother him either, I always figured deep down famous people are still just people and would appreciate being left alone sometimes.

El Floppo said:
went to HS and hung for a while with Courtney Thorn Smith- drank and smoked a bit fo sho.

another HS friend has become a super-star artist, Mark Grotjahn.

80s actress Megan Ward is the wife's best friend.

my best friend from college opened a bar/lounge in NYC right out of school that was the spot for a long while. Hung out with him and a lot of celebs- either at the bar or dinner/bar or parties... these are all people I spent at least one evening with, talking and hanging and drinking/smoking.

I've told my Frederique story too many times, but her.

otherwise, top of my head: Elle Mcpherson, Christie Turlington, Metallica (entire band and the cockeyed melrose place chick who was dating one of them), Elizabeth Berkley, Val Kilmer, Robert Downey Jr, Jean George Vongerichten, Nelson Mandela

eta: forgot one of my clients is a movie producer/director husband and wife... smoked and drank a bit with him 
What does a retired actress do for a living?   Marry well?  Did she save?

Jack Nicklaus

Tony Gwynn

Ken Griffey Jr. (and Jay Buhner)

Martin Brodeur

Alex Rodriguez

Michael Richards

What does a retired actress do for a living?   Marry well?  Did she save?
she kept working. was on general hospital for a bit, bunch of small, but recurring roles in various TV shows. hasn't worked I think in a couple years- but I'm sure is still represented and still open to it. has two kids a little older than ours and married to a great guy who does pretty well, but not mega-mega. tough age for women actors- mid-late 40s. not old enough to do the old ladies, but too old to play their own "age"- moms, career women-  are usually played by actresses in their old 20s, young 30s.

she kept working. was on general hospital for a bit, bunch of small, but recurring roles in various TV shows. hasn't worked I think in a couple years- but I'm sure is still represented and still open to it. has two kids a little older than ours and married to a great guy who does pretty well, but not mega-mega. tough age for women actors- mid-late 40s. not old enough to do the old ladies, but too old to play their own "age"- moms, career women-  are usually played by actresses in their old 20s, young 30s.
She should hit up the hallmark channel.

It wasn't a beer but back in 1988 or 1989 I was going to school at the Univ. of Cincinnati and then in the summer I would move back home to NE Ohio to work at various jobs.  In a very small town there was a little record store there.  They were hosting a drum clinic and they were featuring Alan White from Yes.  He gave a one hour clinic (played the drums) took a break for 30 minutes or so to tell stories and answer questions and then he played again for about another hour or so.  It was absolutely amazing.  At the end they set up a table where he was nice enough to sign autographs and allow people to have their pictures taken with him.  No charge for any of this.  I will say you could not ask for a nicer more down to earth guy, he was amazing!

Almost forgot some others :

I ran into Marge Schott at a Cincinnati Reds game.  Me and my buddy were walking around the stadium, looking for our seats and we just walked right into her.  She stops us and says "How are you too doing?"  "Are you enjoying the game?"  and lastly she said "Do you need anything?"  I was shocked, she was super nice and very sincere.  

I ran into Bob Huggins at the airport in Cincinnati, I didn't bother him and I ran into Chris Sabo when I was in church in college and I didn't bother him either, I always figured deep down famous people are still just people and would appreciate being left alone sometimes.
What town in northeast OH? I am from them parts and graduated HS in 89.

country singer Sara Evans.....were friends and hung out in high school....we drank a lot of beer in high school...

can you confirm something for me? asking for a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread