What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the most famous person with whom you have had a beer? (2 Viewers)

I didn't have a beer with him but I almost got in a fist fight with a very drunk Doug Woog in the bathroom of a crappy Inver Grove Heights sports bar.  He peed on my shoes.

Sandy Bullock. I was friends with her in college.
Wow. That's pretty cool. Despite being attractive and famous she comes across as very down to earth. Always wondered what the heck she was thinking when she married that scum bag Jesse James.

pandora said:
Tim Tebow
My sister has cut his hair a handful of times, once actually at her in-laws (they were out of town and live close to the airport in LA).  She said he's kind of a d00sh, but he was cool enough to provide a signed jersey for my kids' preschool auction.  I'll probably meet him at some point.

I was with a bachelorette party in Vegas and we crashed Rebecca Romijn's bachelorette party as they were gambling.  They all had temp tattoos and were showing them off.  Someone had applied Rebecca's to her cleavage, so I had to go in for inspection.  We hung around for a drink and left.  Later, my group went to Olympic Gardens while I gambled and they crossed paths again.  My gf took pictures and Rebecca's sister got pissed, wanted the disposable camera, etc.  My gf talked them down and kept the pics.  She's lucky to still have both eyes.  

Played poker and had a beer at the table with Jeremy Roenick.  He sat on my right.  It didn't go well for him.  

My sister has cut his hair a handful of times, once actually at her in-laws (they were out of town and live close to the airport in LA).  She said he's kind of a d00sh, but he was cool enough to provide a signed jersey for my kids' preschool auction.  I'll probably meet him at some point.
what sport, team and player's jersey did he sign?

what sport, team and player's jersey did he sign?
Not sure if this was intended to be schticky, but he signed one of his UF jerseys.  As I live in SoCal, it wasn't exactly a super-popular item and the high bid ended up being wayyyy low so I had my dad bid and we won it :lol:

Anyone want it?  Opening bid would be $125 shipped. :D

Not sure if this was intended to be schticky, but he signed one of his UF jerseys.  As I live in SoCal, it wasn't exactly a super-popular item and the high bid ended up being wayyyy low so I had my dad bid and we won it :lol:

Anyone want it?  Opening bid would be $125 shipped. :D
he still has jerseys? from college? huh. figured he'd be all out at this point.

Buttonhook said:
You must know her well if you refer to her as "Sandy."  .:jealous:.

You must know him well if you refer to him as "Jack."
hope to get to know you better cuz i've already thought of you as "Butt"

Buttonhook said:
Sandy Bullock. I was friends with her in college.
You must know her well if you refer to her as "Sandy."  .:jealous:.
one of my gbs went to HS with her- also knew her as sandy and said she was a nice, down-to-earth girl.

*supertrivia alert*

same gb was nick cage's body double in the last scene of peggy sue got married (in the hospital looking at a mirror, except it wasn't a mirror- it was a cut out/window looking into the room next door where they had the scene set up in opposite- worked great except my gb had to wear cage's pants and didn't quite fit).

so I know my gb and have had lots of beers with him. bam- another celebrity in the books.

Played poker and had a beer at the table with Jeremy Roenick.  He sat on my right.  It didn't go well for him.  
Man, Jeremy Roenick gets around.  Saw him mentioned on Page 1 and above.

I met him over 20 years ago, well before he was well-known but was playing in the NHL.  He was friends with my girlfriends roommate.  He sat at the bar I bartended at all night, so we did some shots and drank a few beers together. He even helped me carry a few kegs from the back.  Very cool dude.

Used to work for a catering company in high school and college. We did all of the backstage catering at the time in the Kansas City area. I worked summers and off and on from about 1985 through about 1995. Can't remember drinking beer with too many people, but had lots of conversations and interactions. We would feed the crews all day, and then the bands would show up for dinner. We were also responsible for their dressing room food and drinks, and then their bus food and drinks for after the show. Here are a few memories:

1. Steve Miller is one of nicest out there. He used to come in the kitchen in the afternoons and just hang out and talk for a couple of hours. 

2. I was doing a Grateful Dead show, and they would have guest artists from time to time. At dinner, we had to collect meal tickets from the crew because production only wanted to feed so many people. So I'm standing there at the front of the buffet line, and I'm kind of looking down asking for meal tickets. I asked this one guy, and he says ever so quietly: "I'm in the band." So I look up, and it's Bruce Hornsby.  :doh:  So I said: "Of course. I'm sorry Mr. Hornsby." He was really nice about it. I felt like an idiot.

3. On one of the Van Halen shows when David Lee Roth was with the band, he had his handlers go out in the crowd and pick out his "entertainment" for after the show, if you know what I mean. So he lines up all these girls in the backstage area, and goes down the line one by one and pointing: "You. You. Not You. You. Not You. You."   :lol:

4. Was working a Whitesnake show, and David Coverdale at the time was married to Tawny Kitaen. He had his own dressing room away from the band, and when he got there he hung DOZENS of pictures of her all around the dressing room. Pretty creepy actually.

5. John Mellancamp's crew would bring along a portable basketball goal for the parking lot. Got to shoot a couple of hoops with Mellancamp and his crew one afternoon.

6. My brother was working a Judas Priest show in the early days - one of the first shows I remember us working. I was probably 15 at the time, so my brother would have been 16 or so. Rob Halford invited him onto the bus for an after party and to go back to the hotel. He refused.   :lol:

7. Hank Williams Jr would come to town, and it was always a trip to see what would happen next. He was one kind of a hellraiser, and he would be ####-drunk before he showed up at the venue. He and Derrick Thomas of the Chiefs were good buddies, so Derrick would show up with him in the limo drinking and partying. One year, Williams was so ####-faced he went on stage and couldn't remember any words. He was stumbling around onstage, spewing venom, and finally just walked off the stage after maybe 3 songs or so. Crowd starts booing and throwing things and getting pissed. Fans starting storming the gates and the stage. They had to lockdown the backstage area for hours to keep these drunk redneck country cooters from wanting to kick Hank's ###.  :lol:

8. Got to do a Stevie Ray Vaughan show, and I think it was just a few months before he died. Just a nice dude. I would rarely go out and watch the whole show - I usually had work to do. But I would always go and watch parts of shows. Anyway, on that one I stood on the 9th row center and just stood there, mouth wide open for the whole show. His sound was so loud but pure - I'll never forget that feeling of his music seemingly just pulsating and enveloping the entire venue. My luckiest day to say I got to see that man play. Unreal.  :tebow:

These are just off the top of my head. I saved all of my backstage passes from that era, and have them all laminated at home.  I'll need to go through them and see if they trigger any more memories. The greatest job I ever had. 

8. Got to do a Stevie Ray Vaughan show, and I think it was just a few months before he died. Just a nice dude. I would rarely go out and watch the whole show - I usually had work to do. But I would always go and watch parts of shows. Anyway, on that one I stood on the 9th row center and just stood there, mouth wide open for the whole show. His sound was so loud but pure - I'll never forget that feeling of his music seemingly just pulsating and enveloping the entire venue. My luckiest day to say I got to see that man play. Unreal.  :tebow:

These are just off the top of my head. I saved all of my backstage passes from that era, and have them all laminated at home.  I'll need to go through them and see if they trigger any more memories. The greatest job I ever had. 
What a fantastic summer job!

I also saw SRV on that final tour before he died in that tragic helicopter crash. He played a split bill with Joe Cocker that summer and absolutely blew him off the stage. He'd throw his head back, stand in one spot and just go off. He was phenomenal.

The Roth story was funny. What a tool.  :D

Used to work for a catering company in high school and college. We did all of the backstage catering at the time in the Kansas City area. I worked summers and off and on from about 1985 through about 1995. Can't remember drinking beer with too many people, but had lots of conversations and interactions. We would feed the crews all day, and then the bands would show up for dinner. We were also responsible for their dressing room food and drinks, and then their bus food and drinks for after the show. Here are a few memories:

1. Steve Miller is one of nicest out there. He used to come in the kitchen in the afternoons and just hang out and talk for a couple of hours. 

2. I was doing a Grateful Dead show, and they would have guest artists from time to time. At dinner, we had to collect meal tickets from the crew because production only wanted to feed so many people. So I'm standing there at the front of the buffet line, and I'm kind of looking down asking for meal tickets. I asked this one guy, and he says ever so quietly: "I'm in the band." So I look up, and it's Bruce Hornsby.  :doh:  So I said: "Of course. I'm sorry Mr. Hornsby." He was really nice about it. I felt like an idiot.

3. On one of the Van Halen shows when David Lee Roth was with the band, he had his handlers go out in the crowd and pick out his "entertainment" for after the show, if you know what I mean. So he lines up all these girls in the backstage area, and goes down the line one by one and pointing: "You. You. Not You. You. Not You. You."   :lol:

4. Was working a Whitesnake show, and David Coverdale at the time was married to Tawny Kitaen. He had his own dressing room away from the band, and when he got there he hung DOZENS of pictures of her all around the dressing room. Pretty creepy actually.

5. John Mellancamp's crew would bring along a portable basketball goal for the parking lot. Got to shoot a couple of hoops with Mellancamp and his crew one afternoon.

6. My brother was working a Judas Priest show in the early days - one of the first shows I remember us working. I was probably 15 at the time, so my brother would have been 16 or so. Rob Halford invited him onto the bus for an after party and to go back to the hotel. He refused.   :lol:

7. Hank Williams Jr would come to town, and it was always a trip to see what would happen next. He was one kind of a hellraiser, and he would be ####-drunk before he showed up at the venue. He and Derrick Thomas of the Chiefs were good buddies, so Derrick would show up with him in the limo drinking and partying. One year, Williams was so ####-faced he went on stage and couldn't remember any words. He was stumbling around onstage, spewing venom, and finally just walked off the stage after maybe 3 songs or so. Crowd starts booing and throwing things and getting pissed. Fans starting storming the gates and the stage. They had to lockdown the backstage area for hours to keep these drunk redneck country cooters from wanting to kick Hank's ###.  :lol:

You win the internet.

My dad went to St. Mark's with Steve Miller and Boz Scaggs.  He says Miller was a hell of a football player, but also a rabble rouser.  St. Marks let him finish out the football season and then kicked him out. :lmao:

Oh jeez, totally forgot --- and was reminded when I saw the ad for his new show coming up on Comedy Central.  Was at South by Southwest (music thing in Austin for those that don't know, where basically you drink from noon - 2am for a week straight) ... probably like 2008 or 2009 and it was around 3pm or so, and we were absolutely loaded.  Just so happened to have a few joints and a one-hitter on me and saw Doug Benson at the bar we were at.  He was talking to a couple of Texan hotties but I butted right in and was like "DUDE, what's up man?".  He was probably a couple years past his Last Comic Standing thing and I think he had just released Super High Me.  I told him to come up to the deck to smoke a bowl with us.  He looked at the chicks, then back at me and said to the girls "nice to meet you guys", slapped me on the shoulder and said "lead the way my man!".  Headed up to the rooftop deck and found a nice quiet corner and me and my little group hung out and smoked bud with him for about an hour.  Funny as hell, cool as hell, added us on MySpace (yes, MySpace... no FB yet) and told us he'd get us backstage passes next time he was in Austin.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Sorvino at his house in the Poconos. Grew up in the area and was back for a car show with my dad shortly after Sorvino bought the house from the guy we sold it to, I grew up there and my dad had it custom built when I was a kid.  At the car show someone said Paul had questions concerning were some of the under ground utilities were buried for some changes he wanted to make. My dad being who he was figured what the heck lets stop in and leave a contact number for him to reach us, so we leave the car show and roll into he driveway of the house. This tall leggy women gets out of the pool and comes over and asks if she can help us (no it wasn't Mira), my dad tells her he had the place built and wanted to leave his contact info. She says hold on a minute and walks back over to the pool (it had a privacy fence around it) and a minute later Paul comes walking over and introduces himself. He had a bunch of questions so he said can I get you a drink ? He goes and gets a few rum and cokes (my dads drink of choice) and brings out some chairs and we sat there on the back lawn for probably close to an hour while my dad talked to different things about the property with him. He was a nice guy, didn't talk about the TV or movie business at all just about the property and the small town.  We finished our drinks, got back in our cars and headed out. My dad had left him his number in case he had more questions but to my knowledge he never called. He still owns the place, his other daughter lives there full time and he still spends a good amount of time there.

Salman Rushie, at dinner after a reading. It was only a few years after the fatwa had been lifted so he was sociable the way a man gasps air after his head has been held under water. He just talked and talked, but not overbearingly so. This lasted for several rounds of drinks after dinner. Fascinating guy.

I love how these threads evolve from:

"I had a couple of beers with Dan Marino at a fundraiser about 10 years ago."

to

"I saw the drummer from the Spin Doctors from about 100 feet away at the airport in Goatpenis, West Virginia".

Jack Lambert and Rocky Bleier.

Kittanning, PA golf fundraiser - 1994.  Some kind of fundraiser was held at our little 9-hole country club about 30 -40 minutes NE of Pittsburgh.  These guys show up, I didn't play with them but we have a nice old-timey horseshoe bar with the 50s paneling ...a cool place to hang and have a few.  

ETA:  sorry, my typing kept disappearing and hitting a return ...continuing ...

Lambert was kind of loud and obnoxious telling a few stories at first, and then after a few more, he became louder and belligerent.  There were only about 15-20 of us there.  Most of my buddies had seen this act before and it really didn't seem to bother any of them much.  Clearly Rocky had too, and he was acting as Jack's "caretaker."  Lambert would listen to Rocky and calm down a bit after he calmed him down, only to ramp back up a while later.  

Super **** with a "bad drinker" problem.  Rocky, on the other hand, was awesome - love the guy.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Smoked a few joints (my friends and I) with Bruce Campbell when he had a showing of Evil Dead at UB back in 2001(?). He was definitely an egomaniac, but pretty cool nonetheless. 

Users who are viewing this thread