What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be Andrew Luck's #1 WR in 2014? (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
Saw alot of new faces getting targets this week. D.Allen will be back next year; not sure about Re Wayne.

Who's the pickup of the IND WRs?

It will be Rogers if he stays outta trouble. Hilton is no #1. He's solid #2. They will no doubt draft a WR in 2014 so it would be a good idea to grab that guy as well.

Maclin has been the #2 in the pecking order in Philly but I think he could make a fine #1.

I think he's the best FA option to fill the role, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
This last month of the season is important for some of these young WR's on the Colts. Da'Rick could win himself a starting spot for next year. DHB is gone and rightfully so. Hilton is not a WR 1, but is a nice piece opposite a WR 1. You then have a couple of TE's in Allen and Fleener who will continue to grow with Luck. Wayne will be coming back from an injury and at 35 is a big question mark. Brazil does not really scream starting WR in the nfl. The end of the season will go a long way in determining what the Colts plan on doing via Free agency and in the draft at the receiving spot.

If they've got Rogers, Wayne and Hilton will they sign a free agent wr? I kind of doubt it seeing all the other needs on the roster.

Talk to some around here and Rogers is the second coming of Jerry Rice :rolleyes:

I believe Wayne is done after this year for his contract? Maybe not, I thought he was...

Indy will likely sign a vet WR like Decker, Sanders or James Jones. They should. No one on that team is ready to step up NOW and be a true cut #1. Hilton is a good #2, Rogers is a great slot WR. They are missing a stud WR. Demarius Thomas was a FA I thought too? They need a big body like that.

IMO, they get someone else and go at it with him, Hilton, Rogers as their top 3. Could be a very solid group.

It will be Rogers if he stays outta trouble. Hilton is no #1. He's solid #2. They will no doubt draft a WR in 2014 so it would be a good idea to grab that guy as well.
Anyone else I should grab? Maybe Brazil? Just to be sure?

Hilton is not a 1. He's a good 2. Rogers I don't think has the size or the intelligence/discipline to be a true cut #1 just yet.

Talk to some around here and Rogers is the second coming of Jerry Rice :rolleyes:

I believe Wayne is done after this year for his contract? Maybe not, I thought he was...

Indy will likely sign a vet WR like Decker, Sanders or James Jones. They should. No one on that team is ready to step up NOW and be a true cut #1. Hilton is a good #2, Rogers is a great slot WR. They are missing a stud WR. Demarius Thomas was a FA I thought too? They need a big body like that.

IMO, they get someone else and go at it with him, Hilton, Rogers as their top 3. Could be a very solid group.
Demaryius was a 1st round pick by Denver and Rodgers is not a slot receiver at 6'3".

Wayne signed a 3-year deal in 2012 and I'm sure he has plenty of production left. Wayne, Hilton, Rogers and Brazil is a solid quartet potentially, allowing them to spend free agent dollars on the line and the defense

Wayne has another year on his contract. DHB is gone after this season.

Colts could draft a WR with their first pick...which is in the 2nd round. Decker will cost too much for them to pursue him in FA...maybe Nicks or Sanders, but that depends on how the Colts WRs finish the year. Wayne, Hilton, Rogers and Brazill with a drafted WR and both Fleener and Allen at TE seems like a pretty good young receiving core to me...perfect fit for their up-and-coming offense. They need to focus heavily on repairing their defense in the offseason.

Demaryius was a 1st round pick by Denver and Rodgers is not a slot receiver at 6'3".
Hilton is the slot

Rogers is a great slot WR? Can you elaborate please.

Anyone else I should grab? Maybe Brazil? Just to be sure? Hilton is not a 1. He's a good 2. Rogers I don't think has the size or the intelligence/discipline to be a true cut #1 just yet.
Brazill will be their slot guy along with Wayne next year. Rogers has all the physical attributes of a WR1, he just has the mind of a potato.

Rogers had a nice game but people need to pump the breaks for sure. He's a long shot project still and Indy needs a real WR1.

They also need oline help, badly. I'd rather see them invest there to be honest. I think Allen could be a difference maker at TE and he will be back next year.

I think I was remembering to another thread when we were talking about upcoming FAs for Denver, like in a couple of years. I think it was Julius.

So if a WR is above 6'0 he cannot be a slot WR? He has the ideal speed to be a slot guy, and his height gives him an even bigger advantage over nickel DBs. He is best served in the slot. You think he's going to go from practice squad to #1 WR in 9 months? Ok.

Wayne has another year on his contract. DHB is gone after this season.Colts could draft a WR with their first pick...which is in the 2nd round. Decker will cost too much for them to pursue him in FA...maybe Nicks or Sanders, but that depends on how the Colts WRs finish the year. Wayne, Hilton, Rogers and Brazill with a drafted WR and both Fleener and Allen at TE seems like a pretty good young receiving core to me...perfect fit for their up-and-coming offense. They need to focus heavily on repairing their defense in the offseason.
Yeah I didnt know if it was a 2 or 3 year deal. Wayne obviously gets his starting position back. They have hilton. Brazill has earned a spot. Rogers will have a spot. And people are talking about them drafting another guy. Seems kind of crowded. Good, but crowded.

I think I was remembering to another thread when we were talking about upcoming FAs for Denver, like in a couple of years. I think it was Julius.

So if a WR is above 6'0 he cannot be a slot WR? He has the ideal speed to be a slot guy, and his height gives him an even bigger advantage over nickel DBs. He is best served in the slot. You think he's going to go from practice squad to #1 WR in 9 months? Ok.
If Rogers matures and progresses he has the body type to play all over the field. You line up great WR's inside, outside, stack them, put them in the slot etc.

Wayne has another year on his contract. DHB is gone after this season.Colts could draft a WR with their first pick...which is in the 2nd round. Decker will cost too much for them to pursue him in FA...maybe Nicks or Sanders, but that depends on how the Colts WRs finish the year. Wayne, Hilton, Rogers and Brazill with a drafted WR and both Fleener and Allen at TE seems like a pretty good young receiving core to me...perfect fit for their up-and-coming offense. They need to focus heavily on repairing their defense in the offseason.
Yeah I didnt know if it was a 2 or 3 year deal. Wayne obviously gets his starting position back. They have hilton. Brazill has earned a spot. Rogers will have a spot. And people are talking about them drafting another guy. Seems kind of crowded. Good, but crowded.
Might be crowded for a year...Wayne will probably retire after next season, though. Order of job security would probably be: Hilton, drafted WR (if it happens), Rogers, Brazill. I like Brazill, and obviously the Colts do too...but Rogers brings a lot more upside and just needs to keep showing his talent this year to secure his spot next year.

There's a bias against Rogers because he was an UDFA, but he went undrafted because of character concerns, not because of talent. He was graded as a 1st-round talent, but the character concerns coupled with a decline in his performance after he transferred to a college conference where he should have completely obliterated the opposition were both such red flags for scouts that nobody wanted to touch him. But character concerns can be addressed, and being on a team with a great leader like Luck and a player's coach like Pagano is the best situation for Rogers. He's set up to succeed.

I see the Colts going after Nicks. Not sure that's the right move, but I can see him in Indy.
Someone will make that disastrous move but I don't see the Colts doing it. They like what they have. Much more likely adding thru the draft if the WR's keep it up thru the end of the year.

Very good WR's can help young QB's a lot. Luck was having the worst stretch of his young career over the last 3 weeks. He had lost Wayne and DHB was dropping balls and Hilton was failing to gain seperation or create plays. Luck was again struggling in the first quarter of the Cincy game and DHB dropped another ball. What happened to help Luck open up the game and throw for his most yards and td passes in a game this year? Rogers took a simple slant pattern and broke 2 tackles and ran in for a 69 yard TD. He was open a lot in the game and you could see Luck and the passing game open up with his presence. Brazil was able to get free and Fleener was running more freely. I think it would be foolish to overreact to one game, but you there was a night and day difference with Rogers in the ball game getting all the reps.

Anyone else I should grab? Maybe Brazil? Just to be sure?

Hilton is not a 1. He's a good 2. Rogers I don't think has the size or the intelligence/discipline to be a true cut #1 just yet.
Read this. Not sure of what this former coach knows but he says Rogers football IQ is top notch. Discipline and off the field is my #1 concern. He spun the ball on the ground after getting knocked outta bounds yesterday and then again later.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/16/darick-rogers-nfl-draft/2089425/

As far as the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, now that his name has been mentioned. That is what I see when he has the ball in his hands. He looks as close to Rice as I have ever seen. I say 'looks like Rice with the ball in his hands.' He's not Rice, he's not close. He looks like Rice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHOXRyDLuw

Yeah, it's highlights but 4:20-4:35 are Rice like catches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujDgel3evAI

:058 is Rice like RAC

I think I was remembering to another thread when we were talking about upcoming FAs for Denver, like in a couple of years. I think it was Julius. So if a WR is above 6'0 he cannot be a slot WR? He has the ideal speed to be a slot guy, and his height gives him an even bigger advantage over nickel DBs. He is best served in the slot. You think he's going to go from practice squad to #1 WR in 9 months? Ok.
If you or I got signed to the practice squad and became a #1 in 9 months it would be a miracle. But just bc Rogers didn't get drafted, doesn't mean he can't be a #1 and he may not be. But the fact remains at 6'3" 220 with 4.38 speed and a track record of leading the SEC in receiving leads me to believe the talent is in there somewhere. I'm not anointing him or giving him the starting gig just yet, but if Pagano and Luck like the kid and he works hard, crazier things have happened.

I'll guess that Hilton will still lead the team in receiving yards. I don't know the particulars of Wayne's contract situation, but I would think both parties might be willing to compromise to bring him back. Rogers should be viewed as a project at this point and they have nothing beyond those three, so I think they would be wise to use one of their first few picks on another WR prospect. Or at the very least mine the late rounds for someone who can really play.

They could be okay next year overall with a group of Allen, Fleener, Hilton, Bionic Wayne, and Rogers.

I think I was remembering to another thread when we were talking about upcoming FAs for Denver, like in a couple of years. I think it was Julius. So if a WR is above 6'0 he cannot be a slot WR? He has the ideal speed to be a slot guy, and his height gives him an even bigger advantage over nickel DBs. He is best served in the slot. You think he's going to go from practice squad to #1 WR in 9 months? Ok.
If you or I got signed to the practice squad and became a #1 in 9 months it would be a miracle. But just bc Rogers didn't get drafted, doesn't mean he can't be a #1 and he may not be. But the fact remains at 6'3" 220 with 4.38 speed and a track record of leading the SEC in receiving leads me to believe the talent is in there somewhere. I'm not anointing him or giving him the starting gig just yet, but if Pagano and Luck like the kid and he works hard, crazier things have happened.
Darrius Heyward Bey:6'2

219 lbs

40 yard dash: 4.25

Rogers:

6'3

Just sayin'

Size isn't everything. There are intangibles that come into play, big time for Rogers

Anyone else I should grab? Maybe Brazil? Just to be sure?Hilton is not a 1. He's a good 2. Rogers I don't think has the size or the intelligence/discipline to be a true cut #1 just yet.
Read this. Not sure of what this former coach knows but he says Rogers football IQ is top notch. Discipline and off the field is my #1 concern. He spun the ball on the ground after getting knocked outta bounds yesterday and then again later.http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/16/darick-rogers-nfl-draft/2089425/

As far as the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, now that his name has been mentioned. That is what I see when he has the ball in his hands. He looks as close to Rice as I have ever seen. I say 'looks like Rice with the ball in his hands.' He's not Rice, he's not close. He looks like Rice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHOXRyDLuw

Yeah, it's highlights but 4:20-4:35 are Rice like catches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujDgel3evAI

:058 is Rice like RAC
It would be awesome if he did turn out to be a #1 WR next year. I try to be skeptical because I've been burned by these types of predictions in the past. The shark pool is where we get predictions like this and stay ahead of the competition. I just think Rogers is a year away. I think it makes more sense. Like it was said, crazier things have happened. I plan on drafting Rogers next year, or I might grab him before the end of the season and keep him for my last pick in the draft. So yes, I hope he does very well... I just think he could be a year off. In his case I'll go by the WR year 3 guideline

Marquise Lee
I don't think Lee will make it out of the 1st round. By the time the Colts pick, best WR on the board will probably be someone like Odell Beckham.
Think he can make it down to the early mid 20's... He'll be the third off the board - Jets will (should) use a first rounder on Evans/Watkins... The Steelers/Ravens also have needs - I hope Indy picks ahead of SF!

Unless balt/pitt/nyj all grab WRs, he could def still be there.

Marquise Lee
I don't think Lee will make it out of the 1st round. By the time the Colts pick, best WR on the board will probably be someone like Odell Beckham.
Think he can make it down to the early mid 20's... He'll be the third off the board - Jets will (should) use a first rounder on Evans/Watkins... The Steelers/Ravens also have needs - I hope Indy picks ahead of SF!

Colts don't have a pick until the 2nd round...they traded their 1st round pick for Richardson.

More importantly, who will be his OC???

My guess is if Rogers continues to produce, he is the new #1. This would help to offset the Richardson fiasco trade. Then the Colts can either get Reggie Wayne back or get a moderate priced FA WR. Then devote the draft to O Line and DBs.

Who said Rogers doesn't have the size to be a #1???

Dude is 6'3" and 215. Prototypical WR numbers.

Jerry Rice 6'2" 200

Reggie Wayne 6' 200

Marquise Lee

Colts don't have a pick until the 2nd round...they traded their 1st round pick for Richardson.
Oops, yea they won't get Lee, my bad...

Marquise Lee

And they got bigger issues than WR. This draft has a ton of guys all at the same level of skill. OL & D are their huge issues.

Marquise Lee

And they got bigger issues than WR. This draft has a ton of guys all at the same level of skill. OL & D are their huge issues.
Completely agree. I don't see them spending a 2nd round pick on anything but a DE or CB. Defense just has too many issues and the defensive talent in the 2nd round is good.

Rogers 6'3'' 220

Thomas 6'3'' 229

Eric Decker
Too many problems on the Colts to pay a fortune for a free agent wr. I think it's Rogers at this point. If he doesn't work out they are in deep trouble.

PS- I think Allen is a great sleeper pick if he comes back fully healthy. Fleener just isn't very good and Allen looked pretty solid as a rookie.

so was hilton shut down, is he showing he is just a #3?

signed hilton dyno owner
No, Hilton's a WR2. He just can't carry a WR1 load...he's more of a speedy deep-threat WR. He works a lot better with a true WR1 to take defensive attention away from him...if Hilton sees single coverage, he can beat it and make big plays for Luck. He's definitely a WR you want to own in dynasty... Luck will continue to improve and if Rogers and Brazill continue to step up, Hilton will be great down the stretch and is set up to have a big year next season.

Rogers 6'3'' 220

Thomas 6'3'' 229
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread