What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will win Superbowl XL? (1 Viewer)

Who will win Superbowl XL?

• Steelers by less than 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers by less than 7

• Steelers by less than 10

• Steelers by more than 10

• Seahawks by less than 3

• Seahawks by less than 7

• Seahwaks by less than 10

• Seahawks by more than 10

• Total voters

3nOut

Footballguy
Sorry if a Honda but I haven't seen a poll yet. Even if there was one before, I thought I'd start a new one 3 days before SB XL. Opinions change...

You did right by apologizing before even going into your post. Could be the biggest honda ever, really...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One word - PINNED.
1. Maybe, but 83 people still voted.2. Like I said people change their minds. That poll started two weeks ago. The results of this one are greatly different.

3. Currntly, its Seattle over Pitt 49-30.

4. If you don't want to participate, just move on.

Participated in both of them. I haven't changed my mind,the Steelers will win big. Pitt. minus 4 is a gift,don't look a gift horse in the mouth people. Not a fan of either team but I'm riding the bus to Vegas to collect right now! :banned:

wow... 61-39 in favor of Seahawks right now.a swing in honest predictions? or perhaps misinformation / sandbagging?

Participated in both of them. I haven't changed my mind,the Steelers will win big. Pitt. minus 4 is a gift,don't look a gift horse in the mouth people. Not a fan of either team but I'm riding the bus to Vegas to collect right now! :banned:
Big mistake. Seahawks will win outright. Something like 27-17.I was in Reno on business yesterday and went to a few sports books. All were at 4 points except Fitzgerald's where I got Seattle +4.5. If you put your $$$ on Pit and give the 4, you are giving away your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big mistake. Seahawks will win outright. Something like 27-17.I was in Reno on business yesterday and went to a few sports books. All were at 4 points except Fitzgerald's where I got Seattle +4.5. If you put your $$$ on Pit and give the 4, you are giving away your money.
Hopefully you'll be able to head back to Reno cause you're going to need to win back the money that you just lost :boxing:

I am quoting this for future reference...

Hopefully you'll be able to head back to Reno cause you're going to need to win back the money that you just lost :boxing:
Nope. I'll be heading back to collect the $3,000 and have some fun.I haven't felt this strongly about a line being out of whack since the Ravens blew out the Giants. I won good money then too.

Nope. I'll be heading back to collect the $3,000 and have some fun.I haven't felt this strongly about a line being out of whack since the Ravens blew out the Giants. I won good money then too.
Well I'm glad you're so confident. You shouldn't be.

This is the most insightful Super Bowl thread to date. People are finally listening to the wisdom of Smoo.GO HAWKS!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One word - PINNED.
1. Maybe, but 83 people still voted.2. Like I said people change their minds. That poll started two weeks ago. The results of this one are greatly different.

3. Currntly, its Seattle over Pitt 49-30.

4. If you don't want to participate, just move on.
Hey I voted.... but if you're going to quote, quote the funny part...
Sorry if a Honda but I haven't seen a poll yet.
That's why I laughed. Lighten up.....
Even if there was one before, I thought I'd start a new one 3 days before SB XL. Opinions change...
But - to your point (I think) - polls should be timed or milestoned - it would be nice to see the trend over time rather than a 2 week long poll....So do track the results and mark the scores once a day or so.

Laugh if you like, but I believe one of the reasons this poll differs from the previous one is that there are likely more FBG Steeler fans in Detroit than there are FBG Seahawk fans. If they are in Detroit, they are probably not checking in on the message boards. Expecting homerism to prevail in these polls, that skews Seattle's way.

Not the only reason, as it certainly could be that Seattle is surging in public opinion...

Now we are making excuses for losing polls! If Seattle pulls off the upset tomorrow it is going to be hard for some to stomach.

Although I didn't know that Seattle had as many fans as Pittsburgh, this one MAY show homerism compared to the pinned thread.

The Hawks have never had a bandwagon to jump on.

A poll conducted on Monday would probably show bandwagonism?

Now we are making excuses for losing polls! If Seattle pulls off the upset tomorrow it is going to be hard for some to stomach.

Although I didn't know that Seattle had as many fans as Pittsburgh, this one MAY show homerism compared to the pinned thread.

The Hawks have never had a bandwagon to jump on.

A poll conducted on Monday would probably show bandwagonism?
Hi Sea Bass,There is a distinction between making excuses and offering explanations. This is a message board. People throw ideas out and discuss them. If you want to tell me that the fact that there are anywhere from 5-10 times as many Steeler fans as Seahawk fans in Detroit (not necessarily with tickets) would have NO IMPACT on a poll on a message board, then say that. Again, note the difference between reasons why things are as they are and excuses.

Note also that in other threads, I have been very explicit in stating there will be no excuses made by true Steeler fans if Seattle wins. I'm sure you'll see some by others, but you won't see any by me. The better team will win this game. No more analysis needed -- no schedule difficulty this or that, no injuries/illnesses/referees. Nothing.

Even after the game, however, you might need to distinguish honest discussion about what happened from excuse-making. Given the way Seattle fans have latched onto this "disrespect" refrain every time someone doesn't proclaim them to be the best team in the past forty years, I'm sure they'll twist post-game comments the same way. I really don't understand the importance of respect. I don't care if my teams get any respect at all, I just want to win the championship.

I have never mentioned that the Seahawks or their fans have been disrespected. I'm just excited that we have come this far. The Steelers have earned respect with their four championships. I can't give you exact numbers as to how many more Pittsburgh fans are in Detroit than Seattle fans. Nor do I know how many more fans of each team remain on this board. I would suspect that with the past success and how the city of Pittsburgh backs the Steelers that the difference in fan base is strongly in your favor.

I see this as a fun poll.............and I'm suprised that the Seahawks lead. My guess is that we may be receiving anti-Steeler votes to help skew the poll. Browns fans might be giving us a little help! The Seahawks haven't accomplished enough to warrant resentment from any particular fan base. If the Hawks win we can expect some fans to jump on the bandwagon and others to dispise us. That is the nature of the beast.

My post was in fun, and not meant to draw anyones ire.

With the east coast polling booth's about to close and the west coast remaining open for another three hours CNN is calling the SEAHAWKS the WINNER of this poll. CBS and ABC has joined in, but NBC is waiting until all the votes are counted.

Stay tuned for further updates.

In an unrelated story a Saturday Night Live rerun has just declared that Gen. Francisco Franco is still dead.

THIS JUST IN.......................................................

ESPN has discovered that Jerome Bettis is actually from Detroit.

Interesting stat line form this morning's local paper:

Starting Quarterback Jersey Number Breakdown

#7 - record in Super Bowls 3-7 :X (Elway & Theismann got the wins)

#8 - record in Super Bowls 5-0 :thumbup: (Aikman, Young, & Dilfer)

Basically, this analysis proves that Seattle is a :IBTL:

Nice find H.K.!

It's hard to argue with those statistics. All reliable indicaticators are starting to point our way.

How have balding qb's performed in the Super Bowl? I believe they are undefeated.

GO HAWKS!

THIS JUST IN.......................................................

ESPN has discovered that Jerome Bettis is actually from Detroit.
This ceased being amusing the after the first 1000x is was said.Get some mew material.

Out of 185 votes so far, only eight voters think this will be a close game with a final score differential of less than three.

:thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread