What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's the starter in Indy (1 Viewer)

Who will be the guy in Indy this year?

• Dominic Rhodes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joseph Addai

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blackjacks

Footballguy
I think Addai takes the job from day one. I think everyone remembers Rhodes from 5 years ago and just thinks he'll step in again. I doubt it, Addai is said to be an all around complete back and should learn the system quickly. Who's the guy this year in Indy.

Rhodes knows the system, if fully healthy from his injury, and is a proven commodity. Addai may end up the starter but he wont be just yet.

I think Addai takes the role over some time before the middle of the season.

He supposedly is already a complete back in terms of blitz recognition and blocking (I'll believe it when I see it on the field).

He will need to come in and learn the system (shouldn't take too long).

I'll say by week 5 he is getting the bulk of the carries...

this will come down to one thing and one thing only

can Addai pick up the blitz..

it he can.. he will play

if he can't ..he will sit

there is no team who is more demanding of their RB in terms of protection

rhodes starts but is on a very short leash. one of the reasons they like addai is because of his blocking capabilities.

I totally agree with rzrback77. I think this will end up similiar to when Dungy was the head coach in Tampa Bay when he had Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott.

it he can.. he will play

I agree and I think learning the nuances of Peytons audibles is a key factor as well. Until Addai gets his confidence in knowing the offense front to back and inside out I don't think he will get the chance to play more than situationaly.

I agree and I think learning the nuances of Peytons audibles is a key factor as well. Until Addai gets his confidence in knowing the offense front to back and inside out I don't think he will get the chance to play more than situationaly.
This is the way I see it. Indy will usually select a back they think has both the brains and the skills to work in their system. So it wouldnt surprise me to see Addai learn right away and become the starter. I'd make the arguement though that Addai isnt all that much better than Rhodes is. If Rhodes is producing, it could keep Addai on the bench longer. I'd say there is a 30 percent chance of Addai starting week 1 but a 70 percent chance he's starting before the end of the year. Also a split RBBC is a very real possiblity for the entire season. I could have voted either way.

Dumgy said he didn't expect one guy to replace Edgerrin and was going to use multiple guys to do the job.
Coach speak for "I don't know and I don't want to say anything negative about either player to the media".

Last edited by a moderator:
Addai only started at LSU last year because Alley Brossard (sp) got hurt. Rhodes will be the starter.
Is Alley Broussard going to be playing in Indy this year too? Not sure how that is relevant. Broussard will probably be a 1st round pick himself. [Ronnie Brown couldn't start at Auburn redux.]

Addai only started at LSU last year because Alley Brossard (sp) got hurt. Rhodes will be the starter.
Is Alley Broussard going to be playing in Indy this year too? Not sure how that is relevant. Broussard will probably be a 1st round pick himself. [Ronnie Brown couldn't start at Auburn redux.]
Because Alley Brossard is no D.Rhodes.= Rhodes will be the starter.

Addai is way to far behind Rhodes right now as far as understanding the playbook, interpreting Manning's presnap gyrations, reading the blitz and actually blocking linebackers.

If Addai starts, they got zero chance against the Steelers.

it he can.. he will play

I think he was commended for being the best at this in the pre draft reviews

Addai is way to far behind Rhodes right now as far as understanding the playbook, interpreting Manning's presnap gyrations, reading the blitz and actually blocking linebackers.

2005 Game Log Rushing Receiving FumblesWEEK OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

1 @BAL W 24-7 Did Not Play

2 JAC W 10-3 4 10 2.5 6 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

3 CLE W 13-6 Did Not Play

4 @TEN W 31-10 Did Not Play

5 @SF W 28-3 5 18 3.6 8 1 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 0

6 STL W 45-28 11 29 2.6 12 1 1 8 8.0 8 0 1 1

7 @HOU W 38-20 6 50 8.3 24 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

8 Bye

9 @NE W 40-21 1 4 4.0 4 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

10 HOU W 31-17 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

11 @CIN W 45-37 2 6 3.0 4 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

12 PIT W 26-7 1 1 1.0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

13 TEN W 35-3 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

14 @JAC W 26-18 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

15 SD L 26-17 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 16 16.0 8 0 1 1

16 @SEA L 28-13 5 -4 -0.8 1 0 6 27 4.5 9 0 0 0

17 ARI W 17-13 5 4 0.8 5 0 4 29 7.3 15 0 0 0

Oh yeah, they got a great chance with this guy. I think as long as Addai gets in camp he's the guy week 1.

2005 Game Log Rushing Receiving FumblesWEEK OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

1 @BAL W 24-7 Did Not Play

2 JAC W 10-3 4 10 2.5 6 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

3 CLE W 13-6 Did Not Play

4 @TEN W 31-10 Did Not Play

5 @SF W 28-3 5 18 3.6 8 1 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 0

6 STL W 45-28 11 29 2.6 12 1 1 8 8.0 8 0 1 1

7 @HOU W 38-20 6 50 8.3 24 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

8 Bye

9 @NE W 40-21 1 4 4.0 4 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

10 HOU W 31-17 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

11 @CIN W 45-37 2 6 3.0 4 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

12 PIT W 26-7 1 1 1.0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

13 TEN W 35-3 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

14 @JAC W 26-18 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

15 SD L 26-17 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 16 16.0 8 0 1 1

16 @SEA L 28-13 5 -4 -0.8 1 0 6 27 4.5 9 0 0 0

17 ARI W 17-13 5 4 0.8 5 0 4 29 7.3 15 0 0 0

Oh yeah, they got a great chance with this guy. I think as long as Addai gets in camp he's the guy week 1.
He started the season hurt and playing 2nd fiddle to Edge. He's definitely not going to unseat Edge, what did you expect his stats be? When he played, he did well most of the time. He had a couple down performances but he wasn't on the field enough to get a rhythm going either. When Edge went down a few seasons ago Rhodes stepped in and did very well. To me it's not a question of whether he can fill in and be successful, it's whether he can stay healthy. He's been getting dinged up the past few seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Edge is one of the more complete RBs to ever play in the NFL. Marty Moore may have to change the offense some and the Colts O may take some time to adjust. I don't think any one guy can fill the void and am confident that's simply too much to ask of that player.

Rhodes stinks. I like how people quote his stats from 5 years ago like they mean something. 5 years ago Emmitt Smith rushed for 1200 yards and 9 TDs. Rhodes hasn't been a factor in the NFL for a long time.

hmm, Addai = JJ Arrington?
We have a winner.BingO. :thumbup:
I think had Arrington gone to Indy last year with Edge gone you'd be calling him Mr. Arrington right now. There are certain offenses that are going to be good and certain ones that are going to be bad. (Indy is one of the good ones guys :thumbup: )

I think Edge is one of the more complete RBs to ever play in the NFL. Marty Moore may have to change the offense some and the Colts O may take some time to adjust. I don't think any one guy can fill the void and am confident that's simply too much to ask of that player.
We'll see what your saying this year behind that great line in Arizona. A great running back still needs a good offensive line and that something Arizona is just missing currently.

Despite natural athleticism and size, Addai plays small and has not been able to claim the starter's job all to himself. For a player with such quick feet and agility, he runs very upright, which really limits his power and explosiveness. Doesn't play anywhere close to his timed speed, and despite very good quickness and agility, he is not the type of runner that can make tacklers miss. Does have the vision and instincts when running with the ball to find the hole, but he lacks an explosive burst through the hole to shoot by defenders and make big plays. His hands help him to catch passes well out of the backfield. Agility, balance, quickness, instincts and ability to follow blockers makes him a good runner after the catch in the open field. Overall, despite having the measured size of a starter, Addai is best suited to being a backup or a third-down back and returner (both punt and kickoff). Additionally, his pass-blocking ability will make him a valuable back that will get a lot of playing time in passing situations. Able to adjust after the snap and block different defenders that are rushing the quarterback. :popcorn:

Despite natural athleticism and size, Addai plays small and has not been able to claim the starter's job all to himself. For a player with such quick feet and agility, he runs very upright, which really limits his power and explosiveness. Doesn't play anywhere close to his timed speed, and despite very good quickness and agility, he is not the type of runner that can make tacklers miss. Does have the vision and instincts when running with the ball to find the hole, but he lacks an explosive burst through the hole to shoot by defenders and make big plays. His hands help him to catch passes well out of the backfield. Agility, balance, quickness, instincts and ability to follow blockers makes him a good runner after the catch in the open field. Overall, despite having the measured size of a starter, Addai is best suited to being a backup or a third-down back and returner (both punt and kickoff). Additionally, his pass-blocking ability will make him a valuable back that will get a lot of playing time in passing situations. Able to adjust after the snap and block different defenders that are rushing the quarterback. :popcorn:
Still better than D. Rhodes.

We'll see what your saying this year behind that great line in Arizona. A great running back still needs a good offensive line and that something Arizona is just missing currently.
Oh I agree he may struggle there at times. I just think if you rated different qualities NFL RBs posess on a scale of 1-10, add em' up, Edge would grade real high.Colts may have to be more "normal" and have a 1st and 2nd down runner and a 3rd down back. Something's gotta change in Indy. Rhodes looked good half a decade ago, maybe he's great and then what just his rookie preview to his career? Who knows.

Oh I agree he may struggle there at times. I just think if you rated different qualities NFL RBs posess on a scale of 1-10, add em' up, Edge would grade real high.Colts may have to be more "normal" and have a 1st and 2nd down runner and a 3rd down back. Something's gotta change in Indy. Rhodes looked good half a decade ago, maybe he's great and then what just his rookie preview to his career? Who knows.
AHhhhh.... the dreaded upright running style.

He has possibilities, but is not 1st round material and Polian is a putz for not trading up just a little to nab either Maroney or D Williams. :angry:

He has possibilities, but is not 1st round material and Polian is a putz for not trading up just a little to nab either Maroney or D Williams. :angry:
I trust Polian knows what he's doing. Afterall, he does have the track record that proves he knows what he's doing.

I trust Polian knows what he's doing. Afterall, he does have the track record that proves he knows what he's doing.
i tend to agree. polian's track record on taking Rb's is solid. if he really wanted one of the non-reggie bush RB's he could have moved up and selected one...he didn'tjoseph addai will be the starting RB sooner rather than later

He has possibilities, but is not 1st round material and Polian is a putz for not trading up just a little to nab either Maroney or D Williams.  :angry:
so what do you think johnny?rhodes or addai?

Users who are viewing this thread