What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WHO'S YOUR #1 SLEEPER THIS YEAR? (2 Viewers)

If he got a lot more touches, then he'd be taking on the Montgomery role.  Which I thought we agreed, he will not.

If it's 2 weeks with an extra 5 touches a week, how much do those 10 additional touches move him on your draft board?
Add 5-8 catches to that and he’ll he’ll put up nice points.

and I wouldn’t move him up my draft board at all. That’s my point. He’s cheap. :lol:  

Look, I’m not starting the Tarik Cohen fan club over here. Patches & flags are expensive. I mean, I wouldn’t have to worry about the COVID gathering limitations, that’s true, but yeah. 

I’m just sayin if Monty is hampered all year, Cohen’s a steal at his ADP 

I don’t mean pick him Way early. That was the hard cider typing. 

I just mean late draft if you’re looking at marginal handcuffs. I’d put Cohen ahead of where he is now. 
He's not a handcuff though.  Cohen is and will remain a gadget back whether Monty is on the field or in a coma.

At that point in the draft, give me the potential for a HR (Murray, Mattison, Scott, Dillon, Pollard, Edmonds), not a solid single (Cohen).

At that point in the draft, give me the potential for a HR (Murray, Mattison, Scott, Dillon, Pollard, Edmonds), not a solid single (Cohen).
First, no - he’s not a handcuff. But he’s going to get more work than most of the handcuffs. 

And most of those dudes all go ahead of him except maybe Edmonds & Dillon. Not sure where Scott’s going these days.

The opportunity is absolutely there as it relates to Montgomery being limited or whatever. But I gotta tell you as a lifelong Bears fan, Cohen is terrible. And so are the Bears. If you need a guy that can sprint east-west to the sideline for a 3 yard loss faster than anybody else in the league, he is your guy.

Also, I'm drunk.
Love Cohen.

:lol:

noted. I am a hot sauce maker and I endorse drunk posting. 

lots and lots of dump-offs. Increased carries.  He’s got a lot more opportunity than the handcuffs right now.

i know Cohen is Cohen. The triple digit targets should make him a PPR flex darling. But it’s Tarik Cohen, so...   :shrug:  

all I know is he’s a very late pick because he gets no respect in FF circles  - and he’s gonna outscore a lot of guys drafted earlier in PPR leagues over the next couple games at least. :thumbup:
Neither of their QBs can convert a first down.

Also, to those just joining this entertaining topic, and contrary to appearances, Tarik Cohen is not, in fact, my 2020 sleeper. :lol:  

I'll take the Football Team over the Bears for total offense this year. And maybe by a lot. 
Man, you & @yoman...Bears fans are a salty bunch about their team these days. Can't say I blame you. That Trubisky is starting is a total head-scratcher. 

ETA: Just stumbled onto this - it's from the "18 RBs I've changed my mind about" by Jason Wood

TARIK COHEN (CHI) IS A GREAT VALUE IN PPR LEAGUES

I’ve never been a Tarik Cohen fan, and neither had Matt Nagy. But with David Montgomery already hurt and the front office doing nothing to bolster the depth, Cohen could catch 80-100 receptions in an offense without many other playmakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, you & @yoman...Bears fans are a salty bunch about their team these days. Can't say I blame you. That Trubisky is starting is a total head-scratcher. 
I have absolutely no clue what the bolded means. I have been salty about the Bears since at *least* grunge hit the scene. I almost stopped watching them when they hired John Fox a number of years ago. The last Bears QB I liked was Jim Harbaugh. The 2000s were fun, though, and then Cutler took them to the NFC Championship game, blew out his knee and Lovie Smith made me want to murder him for putting in Todd Collins. 

Ugh ####### Bears. Yeah Cohen will not be near any of my teams. Dude cannot hit a crease to go north south if his life depended on it.

I have absolutely no clue what the bolded means.
 There used to be some disgruntled optimism beneath the seething hatred of ownership. Montgomery generated some mild draft day excitement - or perhaps merely a brief interlude from the general malaise. 

OK, I was being kind. ;)  

I also own/value Diontae Johnson everywhere as that kind of sleeper. But there are other WRs I see similar value to like Preston William's and Darius Slaton.

The two biggest sleeper/value candidates for their respective draft position for me are... 

OJ Howard and Eric Ebron.

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
Not sure what qualifies as a sleeper these days, but I’ll throw Josh Allen in here. If you like to wait on QB, this guy has massive upside for a guy you can get in the 8th or 9th round after all of the big guys are gone. I love what they did in the offseason adding Diggs and drafting Moss. I think they are going to be a top offense and Allen has as good a chance of any QB you’re going to get at his price to finish top 5 at the position. I wasn’t really targeting him, but ended up with him on two teams because of the value I think he provides. I got him for $5 in a $300 auction. Ridiculous value IMO. 

I’m going with Randall Cobb. Lots of targets up for grabs and I’ve no trust that Cooks or Fuller stay healthy. He’s a pro and Watson is gonna love having him in the slot. 

Cohen has the same gig he's always had.  It was fantasy-useful in 2018 (RB17), not so much in 2019 (RB45).

They're not going to use Cohen like they use Montgomery.
It's safe to say that last year Cohen was not being used properly, nothing like they did the season before. They were enamored with Montgomery, who struggled mightily.

Cohen is almost guaranteed a top 25 RB in PPR unless Nagy is looking to get fired. They have acknowledged that they need to use Cohen better while getting him the ball space with designed plays.

Cohen seems to be an ideal RB 4 around the round 8-9, him and P Lindsay are littered across my teams in those rounds. 

What exactly qualifies as a sleeper? Redraft sleeper? Guy you've never heard of?

I'm going to go with really deep guys that are rookies, fifth round draft choices or even later:

James Robinson, JAX

John Hightower, PHI

Quintez Cephus, DET

Not sure what qualifies as a sleeper these days, but I’ll throw Josh Allen in here. If you like to wait on QB, this guy has massive upside for a guy you can get in the 8th or 9th round after all of the big guys are gone. I love what they did in the offseason adding Diggs and drafting Moss. I think they are going to be a top offense and Allen has as good a chance of any QB you’re going to get at his price to finish top 5 at the position. I wasn’t really targeting him, but ended up with him on two teams because of the value I think he provides. I got him for $5 in a $300 auction. Ridiculous value IMO. 
I like the Allen call given the new weapons you mentioned. My only concerns are that (1) he may not run as much - a key part of his fantasy success last year - with these new weapons; and (2) the defense may be good, providing a more conservative/ball control offense.

my picks - mid rounds

- D Singletary - Moss hype is way out of control. Why would the Bills try to replace the guy they rode to the playoffs? I see a 60/40 split here, which could be good for both RB's.

- T Boyd - I just like his position to be a target monster as they chase points all year

- Cohen/Lindsay - I love these 2 backs as my RB4. I feel you can pop them in the lineup in an emergency situation as they carry a fairly high weekly floor in PPR. 

round 10+

- J Crowder - a guy who could get 120+ targets this season is available at this point in the draft is a steal

- B Jarwin - Could easily be a top 10 TE this year. If you wait on TE this year, have this guy on your short list of late TE's

- G Olsen - he is essentially free in most drafts, don't be surprised to see a 4 for 60 and a TD after week 1. Can the foot stay healthy becomes the question.

I like the Allen call given the new weapons you mentioned. My only concerns are that (1) he may not run as much - a key part of his fantasy success last year - with these new weapons; and (2) the defense may be good, providing a more conservative/ball control offense.
All good points, especially about the defense being really good. I don’t think he’ll score 9 rushing TDs again, but he’s still going to run a bunch. He’s young and it’s part of his game. I just see a guy who was already a top ten QB in fantasy last year who only threw for 3100 yards and 20 pass TD. I definitely see a path for him to improve on those numbers. He’s pretty lousy at throwing downfield, not his strong suit. Diggs fits Allen’s skill set well as an intermediate route guy. They gave up a lot to get him, he’s going to have a big year. 

Buffalo players overall are being undervalued in the drafts I’ve done so far IMO. 

G Olsen - Can the foot stay healthy becomes the question.
I was targeting him late, but then picked a round or two ahead with a different guy exactly due to this. You're getting the uncertainty which allows you to wait on him, that's for sure. I don't trust it. Once that foot is wrecked this year, he's got a solid path to the broadcasting booth.

Every time I read this thread title/headline title I feel like a woman's honor is being besmirched in some way. Don't know why, but I do. 

Cam will finish as a QB1... possibly in the QB5-QB8 range 
Do tell...liking these high on Cam oh by the way I'm a NE guy type of takes. 

(I roster him in dynasty. I'd flip him mid-season for a second and a solidly starting QB in return. I already was offered Goff for him, but demurred. I don't mean to undercut your prediction by calling you a NE guy, but it seems that's where the noise is coming from.)

Do tell...liking these high on Cam because I'm a NE guy type of takes. 

(I roster him in dynasty. I'd flip him mid-season for a second and a solidly starting QB in return. I already was offered Goff for him, but demurred. I don't mean to undercut your prediction by calling you a NE guy, but it seems that's where the noise is coming from.)

1) This is still New England. Belichick and McDaniels are still running the show. They are still going to win 9-10 games. 

2) Defense taking a notable step back. This means higher scoring games. 

3) Cam is healthy. Healthy Cam generally posts 500-600 and 5-10 TD on the ground. 550yds would have been #2 in QB Rushing last year. 5 RuTD would have been #4 in QB Rushing last year. Even assuming Belichick/McDaniels somehow don't play to his strengths, I think ~350/5 is his rushing floor and that's good for ~QB5 on the ground. 

4) Cam is on a 1 year incentive-laden deal. This is Cam's 2nd NFL tryout. Contract year... Big year = Payday.

5) Chemistry was a concern but seems good. Cam talking about this being a "match made in heaven". 

6) PFF grades them as the easiest QB schedule in the NFL. 

7) Belichick is the master of squeezing value out of players, and playing/scheming to their strengths. This offense will be on Cam's shoulders.

FINAL POINT. 
Between 2011-2018 (Cam's full seasons), Here is a list of QBs who have more top 12 weeks than Cam Newton: 

1) Drew Brees
2) Tom Brady 

In the true spirit of the thread, I’ll add James Robinson in Jacksonville. Armstead is a non factor at the moment and it sounds like they really like what they’ve seen from Robinson. He might have a chance at a nice workload. If they sign Freeman, forget about him in all likelihood though. 

I like Ian Thomas this season as a legit TE1 at last two round prices. He’s flashed a bit in the past behind Olsen and his game meshes well with Bridgewater’s short passing acumen.

Given the new staff’s offensive philosophy and what should be a bottom five defense I’d expect a heavy passing attack in Carolina.

Man, you & @yoman...Bears fans are a salty bunch about their team these days. Can't say I blame you. That Trubisky is starting is a total head scratcher.
The only reason it makes sense is you can always pull Trubisky and switch to Foles who is used to coming in as a backup and taking over.

If you start Foles you’ve already lost Trubisky and there’s no going back.

They did overpay to move up one slot to draft Mitch (with Watson and Mahomes still on the board - so they do really need to try and make him work.

In the true spirit of the thread, I’ll add James Robinson in Jacksonville. Armstead is a non factor at the moment and it sounds like they really like what they’ve seen from Robinson. He might have a chance at a nice workload. If they sign Freeman, forget about him in all likelihood though. 
Freeman signing is out 

1) This is still New England. Belichick and McDaniels are still running the show. They are still going to win 9-10 games. 

2) Defense taking a notable step back. This means higher scoring games. 

3) Cam is healthy. Healthy Cam generally posts 500-600 and 5-10 TD on the ground. 550yds would have been #2 in QB Rushing last year. 5 RuTD would have been #4 in QB Rushing last year. Even assuming Belichick/McDaniels somehow don't play to his strengths, I think ~350/5 is his rushing floor and that's good for ~QB5 on the ground. 

4) Cam is on a 1 year incentive-laden deal. This is Cam's 2nd NFL tryout. Contract year... Big year = Payday.

5) Chemistry was a concern but seems good. Cam talking about this being a "match made in heaven". 

6) PFF grades them as the easiest QB schedule in the NFL. 

7) Belichick is the master of squeezing value out of players, and playing/scheming to their strengths. This offense will be on Cam's shoulders.

FINAL POINT. 
Between 2011-2018 (Cam's full seasons), Here is a list of QBs who have more top 12 weeks than Cam Newton: 

1) Drew Brees
2) Tom Brady 
IMO, NE secondary even better this year than last year. LBs obviously weaker, but passing teams will struggle against NE. Teams that run will eat their lunch. 

As I posted in other threads, if Cam runs the same amount as he used to, he will need 3500 passing yards to maybe reach the Top 5.  I have a tough time slotting 3500 receiving yards to the guys they have on the roster. And what are the odds Cam plays 14, 15, 16 games?

i think the offense will flow through the RBs and ground game. Lots of long drives to keep the score down and wear down the opposing defense. More ground and pound and less passing. 

Users who are viewing this thread