What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whta's the deal with Lee Evans (1 Viewer)

Rookie QB and they will not go down field.

Lee Evans is a 3-4 week wonder kid. You can't rely on him week to week. Think of Santana Moss and you have the AFC's version in Lee Evans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know what to tell you. Everyone who saw the game knows that he was targeted very infrequently. Edwards dinked and donked all night the same way he did last week. Evans seemed to be sent out on middle or deepish routes most of the game and the rookie QB just never went there. I imagine the Cowboys coverage was pretty good, but who knows.

Edwards averaged 7 yds per completion and I didn't see him throw the ball downfield once.

I think we Evans owners are in trouble.

What is the deal with Lee Evans? Well, for starters, in week 3, Kevin Curtis got almost twice as many yards in the first half as Evans has gotten in FIVE games. Sad, isn't it?

Rookie QB and they will not go down field.Lee Evans is a 3-4 week wonder kid. You can't rely on him week to week. Think of Santana Moss and you have the AFC's version in Lee Evans.
S. Moss & L. Evans =cut bait in redraft FF for 2007

Buffalo has one of the most vanilla passing games I have seen in quite sometime in the NFL. Evans must get sick of running down the field knowing he won't even get a look. I mean seriously you would think after one of those 5 interceptions they would just bomb one down to Evans for a big play but no says Jauron we will go with the TE screen again!

Buffalo has one of the most vanilla passing games I have seen in quite sometime in the NFL. Evans must get sick of running down the field knowing he won't even get a look. I mean seriously you would think after one of those 5 interceptions they would just bomb one down to Evans for a big play but no says Jauron we will go with the TE screen again!
i had a choice to dump braylon edwards or lee evans for clinton portis in week 1! i of course made the wrong move! He's riding the bench from now on.

The thing with Evans was that Losman was supposed to show major improvement this season according to some (and I'll use this term loosely because pre-season prediction is a bunch of bunk) experts. Losman wasn't playing well before he went down. Edwards is just a rookie QB and probably an average one at that.

What can I say? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me for being such a dumb a##

The thing with Evans was that Losman was supposed to show major improvement this season according to some (and I'll use this term loosely because pre-season prediction is a bunch of bunk) experts. Losman wasn't playing well before he went down. Edwards is just a rookie QB and probably an average one at that.What can I say? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me for being such a dumb a##
The problem even before Losman was hurt is that Buffalo's offense is so vanilla. They need to open up their play book a little bit. I mean many high school football team runs a more complex offense than buffalo. They ran a dump off, RB/TE screen and short out offense the whole fricken game. It was and is really bad to watch.

The other problem with Buffalo is they had to play the Denver, Pittsburgh and New England defenses the first 3 weeks.

Enough of this ##### Edwards crap. The guy can't throw the ball farther than 10 yards.

Put Losman in after the bye and see if this offense can do anything!

They've certainly got a RB who can keep the defenses honest.

The thing with Evans was that Losman was supposed to show major improvement this season according to some (and I'll use this term loosely because pre-season prediction is a bunch of bunk) experts. Losman wasn't playing well before he went down. Edwards is just a rookie QB and probably an average one at that.What can I say? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me for being such a dumb a##
The problem even before Losman was hurt is that Buffalo's offense is so vanilla. They need to open up their play book a little bit. I mean many high school football team runs a more complex offense than buffalo. They ran a dump off, RB/TE screen and short out offense the whole fricken game. It was and is really bad to watch.
That's Jauron for ya I guess. I knew the Cowboys would find enough mojo to win in the end

Stick a fork in him guys, he is done.

I've loved the guy since he has come into the league, think he is a great wr, but he is not gonna produce in this offense this year. Edwards becoming the starter just makes it worse. This passing offense is as vanilla as I have seen in a long time. He was open tonight and they didn't even throw it to him.

He started off poorly last year but he still did much better than he is doing now.

I think the offense is vanilla because it is scaled down for the rookie...Fairchilds is regarded as a pretty good OC...Hopefully after the bye we can see how Losman does against some weaker opponents and Im pretty sure Evans is published as saying that he wants Losman back

I think the offense is vanilla because it is scaled down for the rookie...Fairchilds is regarded as a pretty good OC...Hopefully after the bye we can see how Losman does against some weaker opponents and Im pretty sure Evans is published as saying that he wants Losman back
It's not like the offense was imaginative with Losman under center.

Gonna suffer til 2008 if Edwards remains starter. I think you can tell Edwards is on the same page with the 2nd string guys (ex-1st stringer Peerless Price now out).

Walker suffered the same fate in 2006 when Cutler took over.

What are you guys talking about?

Based on last season's stats alone, we know that Evans is a perennial slow starter. I mean, he has those 4 bad games that will absolutely kill fantasy teams, but he's still a stud WR. Haven't you seen him play? He's one of the most talented receivers in the game. Keep plugging him in your lineup.. you never know when he'll break out.

:excited: :banned: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's not like the offense was imaginative with Losman under center.
The patriots D made the Bengals offense look pretty Vanilla too...they faced the Broncos secondary...they faced Pitts...their schedule was killer to start the season and now they are somewhat handcuffed by a rookie qb...I am not saying they are good by any means at all, but I dont think this is what is to be expected on a weekly basis

Oakland did the same thing last year with Andrew Walter and we saw the result for Moss--last year, and this year with a real QB and real offense. In redraft I would be tempted to cut Evans but in dynasty you have to hold and wait for him to be in a better situation.

Excuses for Evans are running out fast as far as I am concerned. First it was his rough opening schedule, now it's a rookie QB. Heck, I bought into it, too, and bought low on him a few weeks ago. But enough is enough. If he was going to do anything, he'd have done something by now and he hasn't.

Evans isn't playing any worse than he did last year, defenses have tried to take him out, and last year the quarterback play was sufficing, where as this year, no. Losman appeared to regress, and Edwards didn't even look down field. Evans is a deep threat, he's going to make his living 15 yards out, and Edwards was throwing it underneath all night. I own Evans, and after watching this game, came to the realization it's going to be a LONG year. I'm going to try to sell low to buy low. hopefully the Hines Ward owner likes Evans.

Rookie QB and they will not go down field.Lee Evans is a 3-4 week wonder kid. You can't rely on him week to week. Think of Santana Moss and you have the AFC's version in Lee Evans.
S. Moss & L. Evans =cut bait in redraft FF for 2007
I actually started both Evans and Moss this week, due to bye weeks. Needless to say, I lost.Yeah, I know... :lmao: Despite the mounting evidence against them, I still can't see cutting either Evans or Moss, in order to add mediocre players like James Jones or Donte Stallworth, who are the best available on waivers. I guess I will bury them on my bench, and hope for a turn-around in three weeks or so. :bye:

Evans isn't playing any worse than he did last year, defenses have tried to take him out, and last year the quarterback play was sufficing, where as this year, no. Losman appeared to regress, and Edwards didn't even look down field. Evans is a deep threat, he's going to make his living 15 yards out, and Edwards was throwing it underneath all night. I own Evans, and after watching this game, came to the realization it's going to be a LONG year. I'm going to try to sell low to buy low. hopefully the Hines Ward owner likes Evans.
This is a large part of my problem right now.Walker, Boldin, HWard all injured, leaving me little choice but to play Evans. I suppose I could start Brad Smith. :) Vent over. I'm delusional enough to believe that when Losman returns, Evans will improve in time for the FF playoffs.

Evans SUCKS.......Look at the stats from last year a few good games, 1 game gave him 20% of his points for the year.

Good thing I unloaded him and Moss.

S. Moss and L. Evans for D. Driver and C. Chambers........STEAL!!! :)

Evans doesnt run good patterns imo. He isnt getting open. His success in the past has been by outrunning the coverage on fly patterns- Buffalo hasnt let those plays develop this season (or hasnt had time), so no deep passes no Evans. If you watch him run across the middle of the field or comeback routes he isnt getting seperation. Its not like he's wide open and they arent getting him the rock. Granted he is seeing more than his share of double teams, but great WRs beat double teams all the time. Evans isnt a great WR.

He's got a rookie QB. Buy low in dynasty.
:thumbup: All day long. Edwards will be tough to unseat as the starter it appears. Had they won this game he would have been a virtual lock to finish the season barring total collapse. Give Edwards some time to get going with the WR's. Evans is the big downfield play and that wasn't going to happen vs Dallas with the lead out of the gate. It was dink and dunk for that reason. he fed Parrish the ball, there is no doubt he can get it to any WR. Parrish is like 4 foot tall on his best day.

Evans doesnt run good patterns imo. He isnt getting open. His success in the past has been by outrunning the coverage on fly patterns- Buffalo hasnt let those plays develop this season (or hasnt had time), so no deep passes no Evans. If you watch him run across the middle of the field or comeback routes he isnt getting seperation. Its not like he's wide open and they arent getting him the rock. Granted he is seeing more than his share of double teams, but great WRs beat double teams all the time. Evans isnt a great WR.
Not great but well above average. People are underestimating the value of a QB to get the WR the ball. It takes time with rookie QB's. Look at the zero fitzgerald was with Lienart. Enter Warner enough said. Steve Smith with Delhomme, now Steve Smith with Yugo. I'll continue to :shrug: Braylon Edwards with Frye - nothing. Braylon now developing chemistry with Anderson (he's not horrible).There are more examples. Curry with McCown = gold. Curry with rottenpepper = zero.Maybe Parrish will become Edwards favorite. That bears watching but the dude is so small. That is good for Edwards because if he can consistantly find Parrish, he will be able to feed the ball to the big WR they draft in 2008 (that's a must).

Enough of this ##### Edwards crap. The guy can't throw the ball farther than 10 yards.Put Losman in after the bye and see if this offense can do anything!
That's BS. Edwards is the QB of the future. is it his fault that the coach has dumbed down the offense because he's a rookie? i think not. Losman had his chance and failed miserably. They wasted three great defensive years on that sad excuse for a QB, and now it's time for him to take his rightful place as clipboard holder. Finally!!

I traded for him a few weeks ago (haven't played him yet) and was pretty excited after the Jets game because he showed a little bit of a pulse. After last night he is gone. I think that any sub-par RB off of the wire would be more valuable at this point than Evans, especially if you have any depth at all at WR (which I do)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut with confidence. I'll let someone else pick him up and suffer another 5 goose eggs with 2 above avg. games. Maybe in the end I'll regret the decision but I'm just too damn jaded to give a !@#$ at this point.

Enough of this ##### Edwards crap. The guy can't throw the ball farther than 10 yards.Put Losman in after the bye and see if this offense can do anything!
That's BS. Edwards is the QB of the future. is it his fault that the coach has dumbed down the offense because he's a rookie? i think not. Losman had his chance and failed miserably. They wasted three great defensive years on that sad excuse for a QB, and now it's time for him to take his rightful place as clipboard holder. Finally!!

Users who are viewing this thread