What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why do we keep putting up with the South? (2 Viewers)

I want to go to Nashville. I want to see the Grand Ol Oprey. That's 3rd on my list of southern cities I plan to visit before I die:

1. New Orleans

2. Charleston

3. Nashville
Nashville is a great place to live, but I'd think it would be disappointing as a tourist, unless you just love country music. I've also always wanted to go to Charleston.
Downtown Nashville is awesome even if you don't like country music.
True. I guess it's one of those things where it loses it's excitement when you've done it a million times.
Totally get that, been there twice and it's been a few years, which is why I'm getting the itch again.

Is this that game where you make a post and then see how large the thread gets without commenting on it again? Because if so, nice job. This has legs. :thumbup:

I want to go to Nashville. I want to see the Grand Ol Oprey. That's 3rd on my list of southern cities I plan to visit before I die:

1. New Orleans

2. Charleston

3. Nashville
Nashville is a great place to live, but I'd think it would be disappointing as a tourist, unless you just love country music. I've also always wanted to go to Charleston.
Nashville is an awesome city. Went for the 1st time around Memorial Day weekend. One of the nicest cities I've been too. Barely saw an police presence which is weird coming from Baltimore lol. All the people are really nice too. People bought my wife and I shots and we got invited to a wedding lol. I will definitely be going back.

1. New Orleans

2. Charleston

3. Nashville
Nashville is an awesome city. Went for the 1st time around Memorial Day weekend. One of the nicest cities I've been too. Barely saw an police presence which is weird coming from Baltimore lol. All the people are really nice too. People bought my wife and I shots and we got invited to a wedding lol. I will definitely be going back.
lol

a major southern college football game is, without doubt, the greatest sports atmosphere our country has. There's nothing even close.
I gotta get down there one of these years. I don't even really care where, though I'd love to see a big game at Bryant-Denny sometime.

Maybe the place would be nicer if all you norther ####ers quit moving here.

Oh wait...Im a northern ####er that moved here.

Carry on.

Life has been such a ##### the past year since they took my slaves away. How you guys have done it your entire lives I'll never know.

Any tips, suggestions I need to know about?

a major southern college football game is, without doubt, the greatest sports atmosphere our country has. There's nothing even close.
I gotta get down there one of these years. I don't even really care where, though I'd love to see a big game at Bryant-Denny sometime.
Almost any of them would be a huge winner. You'll love it. Also, if you walk through the tailgate sections and talk to people and tell them you are traveling to see all the stadiums, they'll hook you up with great food.

I sometimes do this at the fsu games even though I graduated from there and lived there for years. :)

Spent the first 30 years of my life in Florida and Tennessee before moving out west last year. There are definitely some cool and beautiful places in the south but in one year out west I feel like I've already seen and experienced so much more than I did in 30 years in the south.

The Smokies are cool and are very underrated, but they are still blown away by most of the scenery out west.

Been to Nashville four times and I'm not sure I "get it". I guess it's great if you love college style bars where it takes 25 minutes to fight through the elbow to elbow crowds to get an 8 dollar beer so you can stand around just barely being able to hear some guy play a cover of the same 3 songs that you just heard next door. I actually prefer Chattanooga to it, a couple hours down the road.

Savannah and Charleston are very cool cities, but I'd take a spot like Jackson, WY over both of them, among others.

I pretty much agree with Premiere on this one. Football and barely clothed beautiful ladies are pretty much all the south has going for it. Of course, you could do worse than that.

Weather, women, less #######s, women, football, women. That and I get my practice overlooking morons and racists by reading the FFA.

I love the south. I've been out West and I agree that there are some beautiful places out there. Colorado Springs is the only place I have ever really considered leaving Florida for. We arent as backwards as Scoresman portrays us to be. I would almost anywhere in the south before I would consider living in the "North". You can keep your winters.

According to your chart California is right up there in 4th graders without reading proficiency, only a couple percentage points off of Mississippi. I'd say that proves your points here are mostly idiotic.

Spanky267 said:
I love the south. I've been out West and I agree that there are some beautiful places out there. Colorado Springs is the only place I have ever really considered leaving Florida for. We arent as backwards as Scoresman portrays us to be. I would almost anywhere in the south before I would consider living in the "North". You can keep your winters.
Colorado Springs is the most backassward place in this State - people are nuts down there. If you enjoy the culture of the "South" then the Springs is for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the inner cities? Failing schools, corrupt politicians, high crime rates, pollution, paramilitary police units...great atmosphere there,,,

Users who are viewing this thread