What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why Do You Care? (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Let's talk about why we care here.

Why do you care about changing existing, longstanding law. What's it to you, anyway? Why do you disapprove of it, anyway?

The ultimate internet troll red herring: Why do you care?

Time to call this tactic out for what it is. The worst of time wasting, troll job hootenany, get up on the come down garbage that is used whenever somebody ought to say, "I agree with the change or application of law. What do you disagree with about it?"

Because it's a message board? Heck I dunno.

Richard Dawson: We asked a hundred people, "Why do you care?" Can you guess their response?

{supermike80 answers the above}

Richard Dawson:

Fine answer. Good answer.

Team:

Good answer, good answer!

RIchard Dawson:

Survey said! 39!

Why do you care about changing existing, longstanding law. What's it to you, anyway? Why do you disapprove of it, anyway?

It's about the law about as much as it's about "the children". You're smart enough to see through the veil, Rock.

It's about the law about as much as it's about "the children". You're smart enough to see through the veil, Rock.

There is no veil. I have polyamorous friends. They should not be able to get in on leases that way. It's no veil there. I don't care about their lifestyle, I care very much about how the law can be abused. There is no veil sometimes, Cranks. You're smart enough to know that, too.

I think we should care a lot more about the things we don't care about.
  • evolution and collapse of middle and working class
  • widening the gap in wealth concentration
  • consumer protection, proper regulation (financial, epa, fda, etc.)
  • removing dark money from our elections
  • holding the media and journalists to higher standards
  • affordable healthcare
  • affordable education
We should be spending a hell of a lot less time on cultural and social issues.

Can anyone please care to tell me* what I should care about, when to care about it and how much I should care. Thanks.

*pun intended.

• affordable healthcare
  • affordable education
I agree with every bullet point. Now how these get resolved is probably a much different story but then again maybe not

• affordable healthcare
  • affordable education
Yep.

There is no veil. I have polyamorous friends. They should not be able to get in on leases that way. It's no veil there. I don't care about their lifestyle, I care very much about how the law can be abused. There is no veil sometimes, Cranks. You're smart enough to know that, too.
Did you read the OP's posts? This is not about "abusing" the law. He makes very blanket statements about what rights polyamorous relationships should have (none).

Because it's a message board? Heck I dunno.

Richard Dawson: We asked a hundred people, "Why do you care?" Can you guess their response?

{supermike80 answers the above}

Richard Dawson:

Fine answer. Good answer.

Team:

Good answer, good answer!

RIchard Dawson:

Survey said! 39!
Yeah but he ain't kissing me
You say that now. But if he was right in front of you leaning in over the podium, you would cave just like everyone else!

That's Richard freaking Dawson!

I Don’t Care

This song was booming over the speaker system on my fortieth birthday. These hot girls were singing the song at a table.

I approached, and told them that I'd flipped my car while drunk and on cocaine at one hundred miles an hour and walked away from it.

I yelled, "The lesson I learned?"

Just then "I DON'T CARE" came booming over the loudspeaker. They giggled.

I don't care. I love it.

I Don’t Care

This song was booming over the speaker system on my fortieth birthday. These hot girls were singing the song at a table.

I approached, and told them that I'd flipped my car while drunk and on cocaine at one hundred miles an hour and walked away from it.

I yelled, "The lesson I learned?"

Just then "I DON'T CARE" came booming over the loudspeaker. They giggled.

I don't care. I love it.
It’s definitely a song to drink shots to at a wedding reception.

Bad faith posters are the reason good people left the board, on both sides.

You guys just contribute to it. Peace.

Has roadkill1292 gotten a vacation lately for saying he'd like to kill somebody recently, or was that just a while ago?

WHHHHHHY DO YOU CARE, MOMMY?

WHHHHHHHHY CAN'T POLYAMOROUS PPL HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS ERRYBODY?

Y NOT U THINK?

Why do you care, huh?

*finger jabs*

Why are you making such a big deal about it?

*jabs finger again*

It's only millennium of tradition and law. What's it matter to you? Why do you care?

Actually, nm- not even sure what the point of rocks threads are lately.

Eta: gotcha- didn't see para's thread and the spill over beef from that. At first I took it as a legit question. Doh.

Last edited:

Eta: gotcha- didn't see para's thread and the spill over beef from that. At first I took it as a legit question. Doh.
Yeah my dude @rockaction often posts like everyone is in on the convo. Gotta do some research when reading his posts sometimes. Lol.
Feel like we are in the middle of some east coast/west coast rapper beef or something. ;)

Yeah my dude @rockaction often posts like everyone is in on the convo. Gotta do some research when reading his posts sometimes. Lol.
Feel like we are in the middle of some east coast/west coast rapper beef or something. ;)
West siiide!!!!!!

West siiide!!!!!!
I'm more of an east coast fan myself, so now we have beefs, man! :gang2:

Actually, here is where I apologize to @Captain Cranks and @Alex P Keaton for being off-kilter earlier in the day. My apologies, fellas. I'll own it. I still don't like some of the ways in which the debate was personalized, but I'll apologize for my part in getting personal about it.

I still think that you all are being foolish, though. Just not disingenuous or trolling. I'll give wide benefit of the doubt about that and hope others return me the same courtesy.

I don't need your benefit of the doubt. Spend some time to work on yourself, Rock. This isn't the first time this has happened. I looked past the first time you went into "you're stupid" tirades. You don't get a third chance with me.

I don't need your benefit of the doubt. Spend some time to work on yourself, Rock. This isn't the first time this has happened. I looked past the first time you went into "you're stupid" tirades. You don't get a third chance with me.

Welp, I'm not going to convince you of any different, I guess, so it is what it is. I think we're all human and that we could all use a little introspection. Hence my apology. And I shouldn't expect others to be willing to be similarly introspective, either, so I have really nothing more to add.

there are rights and there are wrongs ... there are ethics and morals and absences of both

How you're able to post today after this tirade is beyond me. This isn't washed away with "I was off-kilter":

"Oh, and if you're that dense, the answer is in that sentence."

"No more time wasted on this topic, which obviously is over our protagonist's head."

"You guys ARE really dense."

"Cranks is a fool, and so are you for intervening on his behalf."

"Everybody is wrong and doesn't know it at least a few times a day."

"I'm mad because losers like Bottomfeeder Sports continue to post the same bad faith **** that got people like IK to leave the board. Same belittling, stupid attitude that drives away good posters."

"He's a bad faith poster. So are you, Cranks."

Last edited:
Okay. It's up to you whether to accept the apology or not. I can't control that. Note that I was talking about introspection and taking inventory at the end of the night. The questions I ask myself are "What made you mad during the day and how did you react? Was it your problem or was the problem unavoidable? Even if you think the person was in the wrong or also wrong or not wrong at all, how did you behave?"

It's something I do. I often apologize on this board because the best version of me is not always what I present or I let emotions get the better of me.

Am I somebody, say, like BB? No. I'm always going to be emotional and caustic at times. But at the end of the day, I want to make sure that I'm living up to my own standards that I'm setting for myself. When I fail and treat somebody improperly, I apologize.

Whether others do that is up to them.

One last thing: I can't control the grace with which you either accept the apology or not, but I won't be answering questions about my change of mind in how I approached the topic yesterday. I think a little grace would serve us both better. You can do with that what thou wilt.

I think your sarcasm meter is off. I'm not the one positing the "Why?"

If you're just answering in general, please disregard this.

correct - just a general answer

the left pushes what they want because its what they believe ... the right is the same way ..... and in the end, its about having things the way you would like them right ?

Okay. It's up to you whether to accept the apology or not. I can't control that. Note that I was talking about introspection and taking inventory at the end of the night. The questions I ask myself are "What made you mad during the day and how did you react? Was it your problem or was the problem unavoidable? Even if you think the person was in the wrong or also wrong or not wrong at all, how did you behave?"

It's something I do. I often apologize on this board because the best version of me is not always what I present or I let emotions get the better of me.

Am I somebody, say, like BB? No. I'm always going to be emotional and caustic at times. But at the end of the day, I want to make sure that I'm living up to my own standards that I'm setting for myself. When I fail and treat somebody improperly, I apologize.

Whether others do that is up to them.

One last thing: I can't control the grace with which you either accept the apology or not, but I won't be answering questions about my change of mind in how I approached the topic yesterday. I think a little grace would serve us both better. You can do with that what thou wilt.
If you mean what you say, then own it in full. If I behave that way to people IRL, I don't get to wave it off with "sorry I was off-kilter." Off-kilter doesn't call people losers. Off-kilter doesn't repeatedly call people dense and foolish because they disagree with you. Off-kilter doesn't troll people after the mods ask them to be cool. Yesterday was not off-kilter. Own it.

If you mean what you say, then own it in full.

You choose to accept the apology or not. I think I quite owned it. If I said "off-kilter" and you object to it, then so it is.

You're making this awfully difficult to both apologize for my behavior and not feel like it was justified.

Basically, you're being obstreperous when I'm trying to extend a kind word and apologize. I don't think you look like you think you look right now. I didn't come in for a second grilling. You did that yesterday.

Like I said, maybe you can take some time to be introspective also.

I'm very done with this, by the way. Your haranguing has got me really reconsidering the apology. Perhaps you just do you, stop worrying about me, and we'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread