What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why does Cleveland's offense stink? (1 Viewer)

Homer

Footballguy
I almost never watch the Browns because I'm lucky enough not to have any of them on any of my fantasy teams (besides Winslow in Yahoo leagues) and they always play early games, meaning that there are always 8+ others on at the same time. But from the little I have seen of them this year, they always LOOK like they have some talent and should be at least be putting up NFL average #'s. The actual numbers, however, are pathetic. Even in a WIN yesterday, they put up less than 250 total yards against a severely banged up Atlanta D.

Kellen Winslow just looks to me to be a STUD in the making. Like a big, fast WR catching the ball in the middle of the field. I hear that Braylon Edwards has problems with drops, but the highlights he's made this year have been damned impressive. Is it too many drops, bad route running or not enough targets, as he certainly looks big, fast, and fairly tough. Everybody knows that Jurevicius and Northcutt have been at least decent WR's as recently as last year. Droughns is not mega-talented or anything, but he's no scrub either, yet this year his numbers have been almost non-existent.

The biggest criticism I've heard about Frye is that he locks on receivers with his eyes (might explain the pick #'s). But he seems to be accurate and has at least some mobility and ability to run with the ball, which should help avoid disastrous games like they put up in Oakland every week. But his TD #'s and yards per attempt #'s are obviously weak.

So, I ask those of you that watch the Browns: Is there any long term hope for this team? Is Frye gonna develop and be a decent QB? Is Droughns good enough to keep his job into next year and start putting up decent #'s? Is Braylon Edwards gonna start being more consistently good? Will Winslow fulfill his talent and become a true difference maker in Fantasy Football? Or is this offense just too "broken" that is should continue to be the ultimate "hands off" play?

Users who are viewing this thread