What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is this place a ghost town? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Soup Nazi

Footballguy
So I haven't been around much lately, but looking at the posting rates plus the "Recently Browsing" count of 31, this place seems like a ghost town.

What gives?

So I haven't been around much lately, but looking at the posting rates plus the "Recently Browsing" count of 31, this place seems like a ghost town.

What gives?
were you around when the political sub-forum was created?

that relocated out a bunch of highly active posters pdq. what's left is probably less active, but also far less of YOU... NO YOU!.... NOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!1!!1! activity 

it's a happier, nicer place to be.

I know I haven't been very active here lately, but that is mostly due to holidays. Been busy over holidays and after.

What gives?
PSF is slower..usually around 20 people at peak. Without the 15 or so regulars there would be tumbleweeds blowing through it.

Well when all the good threads get locked and regulated way to hard.... yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
Because most grown ### men don't like their conversations regulated to Sunday School standards.

I'll probably be gone once the Cowboys are eliminated from the playoffs.  I don't play Fantasy anymore.  I used to come here for all types of information (there once was a thread on that): News, TV shows, Cut the Cable, etc.  With the majority of the posters gone the forum doesn't provide that info anymore.  The best TV shows on TV right now aren't even being discussed, for example.

were you around when the political sub-forum was created?

that relocated out a bunch of highly active posters pdq. what's left is probably less active, but also far less of YOU... NO YOU!.... NOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!1!!1! activity 

it's a happier, nicer place to be.
Yes, much like when they relocate the crazies out of your favorite elderly person's retirement home.

butcher boy said:
The PSF is currently a liberal echo chamber, with any dissenting opinion being labelled a troll.  A lot of good conservative posters don't post there anymore and I assume that would spill over here.  
Also, it is hard to post when you are banned. 

I post about 5% of what I used to, and it’s pretty much zero quality content now, vs 3% then. 

Overzealous liberals

Overzealous moderation 

Oversensitive remaining posters. 

GMs thread is the last stronghold of decent content here. I’ve moved on to other forums and reddit. Probably won’t re-up subscription next year. PFF worked great this year. 

I'm a newbie here but have posted on a lot of these kinds of boards. Long time poster just not here.

My take....

I like it here,  prefer this place over a lot of others.  It takes people awhile with me, I get that and expect it.  It's always the same.....

1.You Googled that.

2.So you are an alias for?

Once people finally, ok ok ok ok so ya know all stuff, and....alright already you aren't some alias,....things go smooth. Does take awhile.

Everybody here pretty cool in my book. All that jousting is simply the old...I;m in hiding so can say things I would never say if not.....that is the internet.

There is one minor thing here, a little too much concern over what others are doing. I;m a more the merrier, do whatcha want  just a messageboard, guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I post about 5% of what I used to, and it’s pretty much zero quality content now, vs 3% then. 

Overzealous liberals

Overzealous moderation 

GMs thread is the last stronghold of decent content here. I’ve moved on to other forums and reddit. Probably won’t re-up subscription next year. PFF worked great this year. 
Thanks for supporting us and buying a subscription in the past. :hifive: 

Overzealous liberals

Overzealous moderation 

Hey, that hurts my feelings 

I still browse, and chime in on football threads in the SP,  but not as much in general. There seems to be far less interesting threads in the FFA, and while I still browse over to politics forum occasionally for a good laugh, it is not worth posting there (too many extreme zealots on both sides that are impossible to have a real convo with). 

Users who are viewing this thread