What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will the Patriots go undefeated again in 2015? (1 Viewer)

Pats beat the Broncos two of the last three times they've played, and two of those were against the literal best offense to date.

I'm more worried about the Jets and Dolphins in December than I am the Pats at mile high.

Also, its still September. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough road schedule. They should sweep their games at home, but could easily lose between 1-4 games on the road. They are a very good, young team.

Did I miss something? When did the Patriots go undefeated?

Ignored the wall of text that the OP put up as the title isn't even a fact....

Pats beat the Broncos two of the last three times they've played, and two of those were against the literal best offense to date.

I'm more worried about the Jets and Dolphins in December than I am the Pats at mile high.

Also, you're living in the past with different teams and coaching. :bag:

Also, you're living in the past with different teams and coaching. :bag:
Possibly the weakest argument here.
Pats D don't have Brower or Revis, but I guess that doesn't matter. Peyton looking funky right now, but I guess that doesn't matter. Denver has a new HC, but I guess that doesn't matter. NE has a great dynamic RB, but I guess that doesn't matter. Denver D has a fully healthy LB core, but I guess that doesn't matter. NONE of any of those will shift the dynamic of this upcoming ballgame because they will all play exactly like 2013 and 2014 according to RunItUp. There you have it folks. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Make it a little easier, the difference between the Pats winning or losing against the Broncos in the past 3 games was whether or not Gronkowski was on the field.

You can make it more complicated if you so desire. The only relevant factors are Brady, Peyton and Gronk.

Brady has been playing better. Gronk has been playing better. Peyton has been playing worse, linearly.

Tool said:
Pats fan here. Pretty sure rex will win the second matchup.

Ill say 13-3 reg season.
You're a Pats fan and think they'll lose to Buffalo at home?
Ive seen too many close games against mia, nyj and buf to buy in to these undefeated shenanigans.

Rex will lick a toe to avoid the sweep and buf is the #2 in the division right now.

Mia and den need to improve on offense or NE will blow them out regardless of defensive firepower.

Colts might surprise in the hatred bowl.

Jets are good enough to split.

Pats homer here and honestly I don't want to see them go 16-0. Too much pressure and too much stress. I can see 14-2 or 13-3. None of the AFC teams scare me, especially with Manning looking like a tomato can. Their defense has looked good but they've yet to face a formidable offense. I'm thinking they'll lose to the Giants and Miami.

Weren't all 3 at Gillette? I think the Pats are a better team than Denver, but they're significantly better at home than on the road the last few years.

Not to mention the Broncos look more like the type of team that plays the Pats tough than they have been with Peyton.

Until any team with a defense that can get frequent pressure up the middle on TB (and I haven't seen one that can since NYG), NE will be tough to beat...and I'm a hater.

That said ..to the OP ...no.

Until any team with a defense that can get frequent pressure up the middle on TB (and I haven't seen one that can since NYG), NE will be tough to beat...and I'm a hater.

That said ..to the OP ...no.
i think it's more important for defenses to figure out how to stop those rub routes and those dink passes. Great pass rushes won't matter if Brady can keep getting the ball out instantly because someone is always open within a second and a half.

I just can't see then losing a game, even to Denver. Their offense is matchup proof and Brady is playing the best football of his career. The guy has 20 TDs and ONE interception. One! Anyone agree?

Yes, they lose at least 2. NYJ will win the next 1. Some random team nobody expects will pull off an upset.

Your thread-starting obsession is bad enough... but starting identical threads that already exist? C'mon man.

They'll lose one or two. There's always an upset somewhere. But they'll be favoured each game.

The only games that the Patriots could possibly lose are Denver, NYJ + NYG...That said, I firmly believe that the Patriots are better than all of those teams.

9-7 Giants will improbably be in Santa Clara waiting. Third times the charm.
Been cautiously aware of everything the Giants have done this year.The NYG prophecy must not come true.
My gawd that would be so off the hook. As a Lions fan, living vicariously through my Bog Blue friends is as close as I'll ever come to knowing what it's like.

But I wouldn't mind at all seeing them run the table. I admire what they've done in the 22 years Kraft has owned them. Their ineptitude the first 33 years gives me hope should Dan Gilbert (or anyone) ever wrest the Lions away from the Fords, we too could have a different future. Err...OK maybe my grandkids...

If it makes you feel any better I think Jim Bob Cooter is a sick name, but they should have really fired Caldwell and Lombardi.

I love the Lions as a closet bears fan, they are never as scary as the packers.

Historically, Belichick has had only one weakness: mobile quarterbacks. He can beat them but often he finds that he needs to outscore them. He does lose to them though. It happened yet again in the Buffalo game this year. Tyrod Taylor scored 4 TDs on them. The Patriots gave up 32 points. They won because Tom Brady put up 40 points.

I think this is the first time a truly mobile multidimensional QB in his prime has been in the AFC East since Belichick took over the Patriots.

But the Super Bowl matchup I'd find most interesting for the Patriots would be the Carolina Panthers, because Cam Newton is another mobile QB.

Currently Cam Newton is 1-0 vs Belichick lifetime, with a pretty big game in the win where he threw for 3 touchdowns and ran for 62 yards.

If I was the Patriots, I'd be worried about the Bills in a few weeks if Tyrod Taylor is healthy again.

As you all know anything can happen in the nfl but I believe the only team with a shot is the Packers in a shootout and it coming down to who has the ball last.

If I was the Patriots, I'd be worried about the Bills in a few weeks if Tyrod Taylor is healthy again.
Eh, the Bills aren't a team anyone should worry about. They have enough talent that they cannot be taken for granted, obviously, but with a Rex Ryan team bumbling its way through another undisciplined season, they are a team the Patriots will take apart again next month.

Right because they'll really have a shot at fox borough after getting their asses handed to them at home. They looked good for what, a quarter. Bills stink. And I wish they were good but...they're not.

The two most glaring belichick weaknesses are mike shanahan and tom coughlin.

As a homer, i expect ne to lose at least 2 games.

But its fun to imagine the trolls getting powned.

I expect 2 losses as well. NYJ, who played them soundly just a few weeks ago and I like at home in the rematch. Also, some random game we all expect them to win. It's the NFL. People seem to forget any tipping can happen on a given week.

@NYG, @Den, @NYJ, or @Mia. I only see them losing @Mia if NE sits players due to having 1st round bye wrapped up. The other three road games are legit challenges, but I see NE running the table this year, assuming the health of Brady/Gronk/Edelman.

Well lets see. They've got the best offense in football. The best kicker. The best QB. The best TE. The best coach. A very good defense that can cause turnovers and get pressure on the QB. They're also playing in a league where most of the other teams are either bad or mediocre. Who is possibly going to beat them? GB is the only team I give a chance if they are healthy.

Well lets see. They've got the best offense in football. The best kicker. The best QB. The best TE. The best coach. A very good defense that can cause turnovers and get pressure on the QB. They're also playing in a league where most of the other teams are either bad or mediocre. Who is possibly going to beat them? GB is the only team I give a chance if they are healthy.
Fact: the team with the best kicker never loses.

Historically, Belichick has had only one weakness: mobile quarterbacks. He can beat them but often he finds that he needs to outscore them. He does lose to them though. It happened yet again in the Buffalo game this year. Tyrod Taylor scored 4 TDs on them. The Patriots gave up 32 points. They won because Tom Brady put up 40 points.

I think this is the first time a truly mobile multidimensional QB in his prime has been in the AFC East since Belichick took over the Patriots.

But the Super Bowl matchup I'd find most interesting for the Patriots would be the Carolina Panthers, because Cam Newton is another mobile QB.

Currently Cam Newton is 1-0 vs Belichick lifetime, with a pretty big game in the win where he threw for 3 touchdowns and ran for 62 yards.
The supermajority of those buffalo pts came when the Pats were ahead more than 3 scores in the 4th QTR.

Not sure I agree or disagree with your point, but the Pats front 7 is so much better this year than I can even remember it ever being. I'm not worried about mobile QBs in this slightest.

Not really sure what point you're trying to make here. My post mentioned a lot more than just a kicker.

It's pretty fun to watch this Defense when we get a lead. Told a MIA fan buddy I was watching the game wiht last night to look out if we get up by a couple scores....

Sure enough sacks and INT's start rolling in as our guys pin their ears back and the secondary starts flying all over the place.

Good times.

Not really sure what point you're trying to make here. My post mentioned a lot more than just a kicker.
I think you're crazy if you think GB is the only team that you even give a chance to. Your points are valid but there are plenty of games on their regular season schedule that they could lose. They were losing to the Jets at home in the 4th quarter, what makes you think that's a sure win in week 16 when the Jets are the home team?

Bills usually play them tough, the Giants, while not as talented have found ways to win against them before in similar circumstances, the Broncos are still undefeated and while they don't seem to be as good a team as their record indicates, it's in Denver and should be a tough game.

All in all, it's certainly possible they go undefeated but right now I think it's unlikely. Don't get me wrong, they look amazing but a lot can happen in any given football game.

I think you're crazy if you think GB is the only team that you even give a chance to. Your points are valid but there are plenty of games on their regular season schedule that they could lose. They were losing to the Jets at home in the 4th quarter, what makes you think that's a sure win in week 16 when the Jets are the home team?

Bills usually play them tough, the Giants, while not as talented have found ways to win against them before in similar circumstances, the Broncos are still undefeated and while they don't seem to be as good a team as their record indicates, it's in Denver and should be a tough game.

All in all, it's certainly possible they go undefeated but right now I think it's unlikely. Don't get me wrong, they look amazing but a lot can happen in any given football game.
I'll give you the Jets. Other than that, you're giving me a whole lot of "well this team is not as talented but they seem to always play the Pats tough". Comparing the Giants SuperBowl wins from years ago does not really apply to this season. Of course anything is possible but right now with how stacked the Patriots team (offense, defense and special teams) is, I don't really see the Pats losing a game on their schedule.

With the cupcake schedule they have, sure they can go undefeated in the regular season, but there are several teams that could beat them in the Super Bowl (Packers, Cardinals, and of course we always have to include the Giants LOL) and the Bengals could give them all they can handle in the AFC.

Since getting blown out by KC last year, the Pats are 20-1 in games that mattered (the only "real" loss was at GB . . . the meaningless game against BUF with half the team resting in Week 17 notwithstanding). Overall, they have an .819 winning percentage when Gronk is in the lineup. NE is a whopping 158-9 (.946) when they score at least 23 points with Brady as their QB, winning their last 28 such games.

I don't readily see a scenario where the Pats offense gets shut down, nor do I see a game on the schedule where their defense gets lit up. Sure, weird things happen, injuries pop up, freak turnovers occur, maybe a team can score in the 20s and hold NE to 20 or 21 points, but IMO if NE can hold on to the football they "should" beat everyone on their regular season schedule this year.

That being said, I think the last two games pose the biggest problem in the regular season. The Jets have beaten Brady 7 times over the years, and he is only 6-7 in games played in Miami.

For those suggesting the Pats may want to hold people out or rest them, we are a long way from that. There are two other unbeaten teams at the moment in the AFC, so they have no cushion at all in trying to have the best record in the conference.

With the cupcake schedule they have, sure they can go undefeated in the regular season, but there are several teams that could beat them in the Super Bowl (Packers, Cardinals, and of course we always have to include the Giants LOL) and the Bengals could give them all they can handle in the AFC.
Bengals, LOLOLOL

Bengals, LOLOLOL
Laugh if you want but the Bengals can score easily with the Pats and they have a better defense.

Bengals, LOLOLOL
Laugh if you want but the Bengals can score easily with the Pats and they have a better defense.
Two bold claims. If the Pats end up playing the Bengals, which I doubt as it will require them to beat someone in a wildcard game, I'll be sure to bump this post regardless of the outcome.

Idk if you remember back to week 5 of 2014, when they were calling the Patriots one of the worst teams in the league and the Bengals one of the best teams in the league - the short and long version is, the Pats absolutely ####### destroyed the Bengals. This was before AJ Green got hurt.

Bengals, LOLOLOL
And they also have Andy Daulton, who may be a bigger playoff choker than Tony Romo. Pats 34-13

If the Bengals play the Pats in Foxboro, Cincy would have a 0% chance to win.

If Gronk is healthy NEpats should be favored in every game they play the rest of the way.

A neutral site game vs GB, I still think NE would be favored.

Users who are viewing this thread