What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will The Refs Be Waving Terrible Towels (1 Viewer)

TidesofWar

Footballguy
That was a horribly officiated Super Bowl, to the point it looked fixed.

I hear that today's crew may not have Flags to throw for penalties, but official licensed black and gold Terrible Towels.

Lets hope for fairness and equality in today's game

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a horribly officiated Super Bowl, to the point it looked fixed.I hear that today's crew may not have Flags to throw for penalties, but official licensed black and gold Terrible Towels.Lets hope for fairness and equality in today's game
You sound kinda like your avatar looks.

Does anyone disagree that was one of the worst officiated Super Bowls of all time? Note: I'm not a fan of either team and thus don't really care either way.

That Super Bowl was a terribly officiated game, but you can't expect that to happen again. Anyone in denial that the Steelers/Seahawk game was poorly officiated should be shot.

That was a horribly officiated Super Bowl, to the point it looked fixed.I hear that today's crew may not have Flags to throw for penalties, but official licensed black and gold Terrible Towels.Lets hope for fairness and equality in today's game
:cry: Cry me a ####### river. But keep it going though. Your tears taste sweet.

Yeah anyways can we please get a lock on this mods?

Why?
Because it's a pathetic thread that offers absolutely no value to this forum. Any mods around........... :construction:

:construction:

Every game has questionable calls. Did the refs block on Parker's 75yd TD? Did they hold back the DB's on Ward's 43yd TD catch? Did they trick Hasselbeck into throwing a costly late INT?

Would Seahawks fans be crying fowl if the calls were perceived as being against the Steelers?

Stupid thread, but I remember well over half of those who voted on an espn.com poll (over 100K) the day after that Super Bowl thought that the Super Bowl officiating was terrible, and perception means a lot, so even the Steelers won the Super Bowl, it was a bit tainted in the minds of many people, not just some Seattle fans. They won't admit, but you know some Steelers fans hate the fact that their team won a game with such awful officiating. If my team won the Super Bowl in that fashion, sure, I would be ecstatic as hell that they won, but a part of me would be disappointed that it was slightly tainted by poor officiating.

Be that as it may, it means nothing as far as today's game goes, and like any other game, I hope the officiating is good enough to where it isn't even talked about, so the best team truly does win. :)

:confused:Every game has questionable calls. Did the refs block on Parker's 75yd TD? Did they hold back the DB's on Ward's 43yd TD catch? Did they trick Hasselbeck into throwing a costly late INT?Would Seahawks fans be crying fowl if the calls were perceived as being against the Steelers?
Right. And they took 4 points off the board on the DJAX offensive interference call which everyone admits was horrible, and then 7 on the questionable holding call after the Stevens pass down to the one. Hasselbeck's INT and the Ward TD may have never happened if it weren't for those two calls. I'm over it but don't pretend like the momentum of the game didn't shift because of those calls because it did.

:lol:Every game has questionable calls. Did the refs block on Parker's 75yd TD? Did they hold back the DB's on Ward's 43yd TD catch? Did they trick Hasselbeck into throwing a costly late INT?Would Seahawks fans be crying fowl if the calls were perceived as being against the Steelers?
Right. And they took 4 points off the board on the DJAX offensive interference call which everyone admits was horrible, and then 7 on the questionable holding call after the Stevens pass down to the one. Hasselbeck's INT and the Ward TD may have never happened if it weren't for those two calls. I'm over it but don't pretend like the momentum of the game didn't shift because of those calls because it did.
DJAX did push off, Stevens did hold.

Does anyone disagree that was one of the worst officiated Super Bowls of all time? Note: I'm not a fan of either team and thus don't really care either way.
If they do they are just a Steeler fan in denialThat was an embarrasment to the league.

:towelwave:

Every game has questionable calls. Did the refs block on Parker's 75yd TD? Did they hold back the DB's on Ward's 43yd TD catch? Did they trick Hasselbeck into throwing a costly late INT?

Would Seahawks fans be crying fowl if the calls were perceived as being against the Steelers?
DJAX did push off, Stevens did hold.
You don't even know what play I'm referring to do you? Hilarity ensues in the Shark Pool once again with the peanut gallery :lol: without any reference point. :sleep:

DJAX did push off
:lol: He made contact, but did not push off. Zero separation was created by the contact he made. And the flag came way late, and was thrown by an official who is from Pittsburgh (IIRC).
Stevens did hold.
That kind of blocking/holding happens on just about every single play from scrimmage, but ones that minor are almost never called.
A flag coming "late" does not mean anything. He reached right away and missed. Sometimes officials will also replay in their head what they saw to make sure of these things.

DJAX did push off
:lol: He made contact, but did not push off. Zero separation was created by the contact he made. And the flag came way late, and was thrown by an official who is from Pittsburgh (IIRC).
Stevens did hold.
That kind of blocking/holding happens on just about every single play from scrimmage, but ones that minor are almost never called.
A flag coming "late" does not mean anything. He reached right away and missed. Sometimes officials will also replay in their head what they saw to make sure of these things.
You know what? You're right about that. So that leaves us with this:He made contact, but did not push off. Zero separation was created by the contact he made. And the flag was thrown by an official who is from Pittsburgh (IIRC).

I saw the game in question this week on the NFL Network and from an unbiased standpoint I can see why Seattle fans and Steeler haters were upset with some of the calls (or lack of).

Edit: Was one of the refs really from Pittsburgh?

I forget whose alias this is. Bryham? What I like is the defensive posture of Steelers fans when this is mentioned. If they felt like the game was truly officiated well we wouldn't see all the :cry: and :IBTL: posts because that wouldn't be necessary. They'd just say "whatever" and move on. Fact is it was a poorly officiated game and most neutral fans would agree.

I forget whose alias this is. Bryham? What I like is the defensive posture of Steelers fans when this is mentioned. If they felt like the game was truly officiated well we wouldn't see all the :cry: and :IBTL: posts because that wouldn't be necessary. They'd just say "whatever" and move on. Fact is it was a poorly officiated game and most neutral fans would agree.
I can agree that there were some suspect calls (on both sides). But to hear the #####ing and complaining after 3+ years is getting tiresome. To hear Seahawk fans say that they would have definitively won if not for some of the calls is ridiculous. The Hawks let up big plays and the Steelers capitalized. If I were a Hawk fan, I would lynch Stevens for DROPPING numerous key passes.

I can agree that there were some suspect calls (on both sides). But to hear the #####ing and complaining after 3+ years is getting tiresome. To hear Seahawk fans say that they would have definitively won if not for some of the calls is ridiculous. The Hawks let up big plays and the Steelers capitalized. If I were a Hawk fan, I would lynch Stevens for DROPPING numerous key passes.
That kind of thinking never flies with me. That is basically saying that a team or its fans cannot gripe about being screwed by bad officiating unless they played a perfect game. Every team makes mistakes in a game, like the Seahawks letting Parker run for a long TD against them, for example. That doesn't excuse costly missed or blatantly bad calls by the officials. And, sure, like the players, the refs are only human, and are gonna make mistakes, too, but when several huge ones all go against one team in a Super Bowl, it is gonna raise eyebrows. As for hearing about it three years later, how do you think Royals fans feel? 24 years later, they still hear all of the time about how Don Denkinger's call in Game 6 screwed the Cardinals. No one is taking either of those championships away. Just don't act like there was no controversy.Oh, and for the record...I had no dog in that fight. I am not a fan of either team. I actually went into the game, expecting to root for the Steelers because I wanted to see Cowher win a Super Bowl and I like Roethlisberger, but I eventually rooted for the Seahawks, as it pissed me off seeing them get screwed the way they were.

The Seahawks still had their chances and didn't execute, that is for sure. I don't know which Seahawks fans you are referring to but all I've ever said is the game would have been different in the end and could have gone either way. I think it would have been 21-17, 20-17, or 24-21 and could have went to OT. I take nothing away from the Steelers, in the end they did enough to win the game.

As for hearing about it three years later, how do you think Royals fans feel? 24 years later, they still hear all of the time about how Don Denkinger's call in Game 6 screwed the Cardinals.
Yeah that's a tough one to swallow especially since you have the two teams playing in the same state. I don't think you'll ever hear the end of that one.

Why?
Because it's a pathetic thread that offers absolutely no value to this forum. Any mods around........... :IBTL:
New here?

No chance the Steelers win this game if they haven't paid off the refs like before. I'm guessing they did tho.

What I like is the defensive posture of Steelers fans when this is mentioned. If they felt like the game was truly officiated well we wouldn't see all the :goodposting: and :goodposting: posts because that wouldn't be necessary. They'd just say "whatever" and move on. Fact is it was a poorly officiated game and most neutral fans would agree.
whatever

It was terrible, but there is no way to know the outcome had it been officiated well. It's not like it was so bad that Seattle would have definitively won.

What I like is the defensive posture of Steelers fans when this is mentioned. If they felt like the game was truly officiated well we wouldn't see all the :towelwave: and :lmao: posts because that wouldn't be necessary. They'd just say "whatever" and move on. Fact is it was a poorly officiated game and most neutral fans would agree.
whatever
:rolleyes:Good luck today Jerk.
You're right on the money DD. That game was officiated so poorly that it took the entertainment value away. That's pretty sad.It was apparent early on that Seattle was fighting a losing battle. Personally, I think the whole "Jerome Bettis" thing played a part in it.

Users who are viewing this thread