What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Westbrook be spied? (1 Viewer)

-jb-

Footballguy
Since we know the Iggles will use Westbrook in all sorts of sets, will Lewis/Sheridan assign Pierce as a spy? I don't know enough about how the Giants D runs their system (eg - does a spy work in 4-3?), but it would seem to me that if Pierce ws speedy enough (?), he could rack up some serious pts. this w/e

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great question. I was wondering the same. Note that Pierce is projected only LB17 this week by Norton which I found puzzling. I would not be able to find more than 10 LBs that I would rather start than Pierce this week.

Great question. I was wondering the same. Note that Pierce is projected only LB17 this week by Norton which I found puzzling. I would not be able to find more than 10 LBs that I would rather start than Pierce this week.
while i agree, there's a whole 4 pts separating the top 20 LBs. one interception or fumble recovery shoots you from worst to first!

1. Pierce is not speedy enough to cover him everywhere. If the Giants try that, the Eagles will split him out wide, and make Pierce cover him 1 on 1 down the field.

2. I think the concept of scheming to stop one very versatile player by matching up with them one-on-one is generally not good. they could have Pierce key him, and when Westbrook leaves the backfield, have a different coverage plan.

1. Pierce is not speedy enough to cover him everywhere. If the Giants try that, the Eagles will split him out wide, and make Pierce cover him 1 on 1 down the field.2. I think the concept of scheming to stop one very versatile player by matching up with them one-on-one is generally not good. they could have Pierce key him, and when Westbrook leaves the backfield, have a different coverage plan.
got it. thx steve.

Users who are viewing this thread