What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS V All-Time Baseball Draft: HARRRRRRRIFIC (1 Viewer)

I guess this is probably true. I was thinking along the lines of only being able to draft a guy once. Deadballers would have premium value under those circumstances.
Even then, I don't think the'd have as much value as you'd think.
I dunno, a guy like Silver King would be pretty tasty. No walks, no HR, and half of your IP needed.
He's the only one with real value, but even then, he's below average in terms of value/IP.
I'm sure you are probably right, I haven't even started researching a league where multiple player seasons are allowed.

I guess this is probably true.  I was thinking along the lines of only being able to draft a guy once.  Deadballers would have premium value under those circumstances.
Even then, I don't think the'd have as much value as you'd think.
I dunno, a guy like Silver King would be pretty tasty. No walks, no HR, and half of your IP needed.
He's the only one with real value, but even then, he's below average in terms of value/IP.
I'm sure you are probably right, I haven't even started researching a league where multiple player seasons are allowed.
That's the other beautious part of allowing all these seasons, it takes very little time to do the research.BTW I can't wait for the RAFAEL SORIANO MOMENT

We aren't really drafting a player mulitple times, we are picking the player, and then rolling the dice to see which season we are using...right? :unsure:

I'm uncertain how busy I'm going to be in coming weeks (may have to rely on PM-ing), but I'll be IN. When's the draft start?

Edit to add I rolled a 989 (results cc-ed to address of 1st post).

Last edited by a moderator:
We aren't really drafting a player mulitple times, we are picking the player, and then rolling the dice to see which season we are using...right? :unsure:
Nope. Multiple teams can have the same player. Or one team can have all of one player.

I'm uncertain how busy I'm going to be in coming weeks (may have to rely on PM-ing), but I'll be IN. When's the draft start?

Edit to add I rolled a 989 (results cc-ed to address of 1st post).
Higgins is in :thumbup:

There's no reason to cap the number of seasons other than spite. And just like if you try to return a shirt, spite won't be accepted as a valid reason here.

We've done it the other way 4 times. There are all sorts of reasons to believe that this will be fun, interesting, and good to try it this way this time. If it's not preferred as a fun variation by more than half of the league after it's done, I'll be shocked--and you can always go back to the boring way next time.

The last thing we need is another predictable draft. Call me the cure.

There's no reason to cap the number of seasons other than spite. And just like if you try to return a shirt, spite won't be accepted as a valid reason here.

We've done it the other way 4 times. There are all sorts of reasons to believe that this will be fun, interesting, and good to try it this way this time. If it's not preferred as a fun variation by more than half of the league after it's done, I'll be shocked--and you can always go back to the boring way next time.

There's no reason for this league altogether other than spite

Do we have an estimated start date for the draft yet?

As I mentioned before, if it goes into June too much, I may be in trouble-time wise. With that in mind, if there is anyone looking for a co-ownership-either because of their own time limitations or noobiness, give me a pm. This is a rare chance to get an inside look at the machinations of a genius-sure to draft a team that will finish no lower than 23rd place and possibly as high as 18th place..

As I mentioned before, if it goes into June too much, I may be in trouble-time wise. With that in mind, if there is anyone looking for a co-ownership-either because of their own time limitations or noobiness, give me a pm. This is a rare chance to get an inside look at the machinations of a genius-sure to draft a team that will finish no lower than 24rd place and possibly as high as 19th place..
Fixed since Larry may not be playing

As I mentioned before, if it goes into June too much, I may be in trouble-time wise.  With that in mind, if there is anyone looking for a co-ownership-either because of their own time limitations or noobiness, give me a pm.  This is a rare chance to get an inside look at the machinations of a genius-sure to draft a team that will finish no lower than 24rd place and possibly as high as 19th place..
I think the jerk was talking about me :angry:

Ok, so after we add Funkwood, Higgins, Dr. Detroit, and Ulysses... we've got two spots open. One is reserved for Eephus. This means that GWB, Cappy, and Rudnicki have 1 spot to fight over. Unless, of course, we kick Larry out.

Ok, so after we add Funkwood, Higgins, Dr. Detroit, and Ulysses... we've got two spots open. One is reserved for Eephus. This means that GWB, Cappy, and Rudnicki have 1 spot to fight over. Unless, of course, we kick Larry out.
No Nipsey? :jawdrop: What do we do for shtick?!?

As I mentioned before, if it goes into June too much, I may be in trouble-time wise. With that in mind, if there is anyone looking for a co-ownership-either because of their own time limitations or noobiness, give me a pm. This is a rare chance to get an inside look at the machinations of a genius-sure to draft a team that will finish no lower than 24rd place and possibly as high as 19th place..
I think the jerk was talking about me :angry:
:thumbup:

Nipsey has instructed us to fill the league, and then have a vote for the 24th participant between himself and Koya. Winner plays, loser goes home.

Ok, so after we add Funkwood, Higgins, Dr. Detroit, and Ulysses... we've got two spots open.  One is reserved for Eephus.  This means that GWB, Cappy, and Rudnicki have 1 spot to fight over.  Unless, of course, we kick Larry out.
Nipsey has instructed us to fill the league, and then have a vote for the 24th participant between himself and Koya. Winner plays, loser goes home.
Wow, talk about ego.

Ok, so after we add Funkwood, Higgins, Dr. Detroit, and Ulysses... we've got two spots open.  One is reserved for Eephus.  This means that GWB, Cappy, and Rudnicki have 1 spot to fight over.  Unless, of course, we kick Larry out.
Beautiful. I think Nipsey was a Roman emperor in a past life.

Wow, talk about ego.
His services come at a cost, unfortunately. RIP Koya.

Wow, talk about ego. :no: that's not right :thumbdown:
His services come at a cost, unfortunately. RIP Koya.

There's no reason for this league altogether other than spite
True.

Why are Rude Dude, Capella, and myself sharing a team? Shameful.
I thought you wanted to. If you don't, kick someone else out.
We should all have our own teams. Larry is out.
If you would say "IN" and roll the dice while we have 10 spots open and are begging you to play, this wouldn't be an issue. I know this is shtick, but you are no Nipsey.

If you would say "IN" and roll the dice while we have 10 spots open and are begging you to play, this wouldn't be an issue. I know this is shtick, but you are no Nipsey.
I said I was in at least 10 pages ago. :confused:

I said I was in at least 10 pages ago. :confused:
Dice roll broken?

Users who are viewing this thread