What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World's Oldest Person Dies (again)... (1 Viewer)

Once you hit like, 105 or so, wouldn't you ask one of your great-great grandchildren to do the right thing and hold a pillow over your face?

The aging population will create tremendous economic and social problems all over the world. Due to increased longevity and the aging of the baby boomers, the number of cases of Alzheimer's Disease in the USA is expected to grow from 5 million in 2013 to almost 14 million in 2050. Diminished mental capacity is but one cause of dependence in old age.

The aging population will create tremendous economic and social problems all over the world. Due to increased longevity and the aging of the baby boomers, the number of cases of Alzheimer's Disease in the USA is expected to grow from 5 million in 2013 to almost 14 million in 2050. Diminished mental capacity is but one cause of dependence in old age.
Meh. More people for me to take advantage of.

Worlds current oldest living man is a Newfoundlander. I lit the birthday candles for a 103 yr old last week. We couldn't sing, "we hope you live to be a 100" for years now.

Sheesh, that would really throw my retirement projections off.

What was the quality of his last 13-16 years?

The bad news just keeps coming tonight. :(

JACKSONVILLE, Ore. (AP) — Gary Ross Dahl, the creator of the wildly popular 1970s fad the Pet Rock, has died at age 78 in southern Oregon.

The smooth stones came packed in a cardboard box containing a tongue-in-cheek instruction pamphlet for "care and feeding." Dahl estimated he had sold 1.5 million of them at roughly $4 each by the time the fad fizzled.
This hit me like a ton of bricks.

117... born in the 1800's.. jeez

I don't know about you guys, but I can't imagine that those last 10-15 years have to be pretty worthless, no?

I can't really imagine there is any value to living north of 100

I'm going to start a foundation to investigate these random deaths of our older population

Jeez. What are the chances?

Hope I don't ever get to be the world's oldest person. Seems like that title is cursed

Last edited by a moderator:
The thread title is a blond joke waiting to happen.

"That's so sad. But how'd he die twice?"

Last edited by a moderator:
You know he's pulling down some serious octogenarian talent. Probably get himself an 80 year old trophy wife.

Users who are viewing this thread