What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Christmas Songs (1 Viewer)

Mad Cow said:
Artists that I could listen to forever for Christmas, in no particular order:

1. The Carpenters

2. Bing Crosby

3. Nat King Cole

4. Andy Williams

5. Johnny Mathis

6. The Ray Conniff Singers

7. Burl Ives

8. Anne Murray

9. John Denver with the Muppets

10. Perry Como

11. Harry Connick Jr

As the owner of like 10 GB of Christmas MP3's, I feel I have a lot of exposure to the classics. I don't mind Sinatra, either. I just don't seek out his albums to listen to as much.
The Ray Conniff Singers are awesome.

Mrs. Rannous said:
pa rum pa pum pum
Not big on "The Twelve Days of Christmas", either. How much repetition does a song really need?
A little goes a long way.

Absolutely despise Dominick the Donkey, 12 days of Xmas, and Baby, Its Cold Outside. I am probably forgetting a few others. I do not want to think about it too much and get any of those songs in my head.

I love the classic songs by Andy Williams, Ray Charles, and The Carpenters. Nat King Cole and James Taylor are OK.

Both major Christmas songs by Beatles are dreck. But Springsteen's assrape of a song is the worst thing in history. Worse than the Holocaust.

Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick.

"Christmas comes every time this year" may be the worst lyric of all time.

facook said:
Both major Christmas songs by Beatles are dreck. But Springsteen's assrape of a song is the worst thing in history. Worse than the Holocaust.
I like Springsteens song. I really like Lennons song as well. There are dozens of worst xmas songs.

facook said:
I like Springsteens song. I really like Lennons song as well. There are dozens of worst xmas songs.
No. Just no.
I kinda think maybe he has bad taste.
You may be right. I am pretty screwed up. That being said, there is not much good xmas music to choose from.

No. Just no.
I had a pretty good experience one year listening to Lennon's Christmas song after dropping a couple hits of purple microdot and laying in the dark.

No. Just no.
I kinda think maybe he has bad taste.
Nope. Though I may overreact to the blind slobbering of all things Springsteen. Guy is lame.

I tend to agree with some others....the Christmas music I like is Bing and other classics. And Keerock's lists with some exceptions.

Grew up with Christmas music on the record player in the living room every Christmas season. What a bunch of bah-humbugs in this thread. How sad must your life be to be so irritated by Christmas music?

That said, 12 Days of Christmas is the only one I truely despise, but that is because it just drags on and on, and every new version seems to want to invent a new style to drag it out with.

A lot of awful stuff already mentioned, but my personal pet peeve is Springsteen's comically under-pitch rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."

Just miserable.

2 things:

1: Amazing that otherwise premier songwriters like Brian Wilson & Paul McCartney produced such drivel as their signature Christmas songs.

2: Even though literally tens of thousands of Christmas songs have been made, only the same few get played over & over again on the radio.

2 things:

2: Even though literally tens of thousands of Christmas songs have been made, only the same few get played over & over again on the radio.
This is the worst thing about Christmas songs. I have a playlist of ~250 songs and even that gets old by Dec 20th.

Grandma got run over is the worst. Not really redeemable when covered in any genre.

Last Christmas isn't the bad of a song, but the Wham version is pretty weak.

Bull Dozier said:
Grew up with Christmas music on the record player in the living room every Christmas season. What a bunch of bah-humbugs in this thread. How sad must your life be to be so irritated by Christmas music?

That said, 12 Days of Christmas is the only one I truely despise, but that is because it just drags on and on, and every new version seems to want to invent a new style to drag it out with.
Behind the times sometimes being across the pond. Just heard Straight No Chaser's version of 12 Days and I find it tolerable. Agree with the rest of your post though.

2 things:

1: Amazing that otherwise premier songwriters like Brian Wilson & Paul McCartney produced such drivel as their signature Christmas songs.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjS2tvR3ODJAhWM4yYKHYNHDJ4QFggjMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffivethirtyeight.com%2Ffeatures%2Fchristmas-music-season-data%2F&usg=AFQjCNG9XiasVoDDSp2NCX7e--jisonNuQ

Behind the times sometimes being across the pond. Just heard Straight No Chaser's version of 12 Days and I find it tolerable. Agree with the rest of your post though.
Christmas Can-Can also a winner by them.

I enjoy a lot of Christmas songs and hate a few but my clear least favorite is Last Christmas by WHAM. Dreadful song and being by WHAM just adds to it.

Over the years I have come to realize that there are certain songs which just put me off big time. And talking about Christmas ones, two names instantly come to mind. One is Nuttin for Christmas, which is perhaps one of the most annoying songs I have ever come across. Such a grating voice, ugh! The other one is Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. I mean, doesn't the name of the song itself make you loathe it? Apaarently the lyrics of the song go something like this - her body was found with 'hoof prints on her forehead and incriminating claw marks on her back'. I mean, really?

Over the years I have come to realize that there are certain songs which just put me off big time. And talking about Christmas ones, two names instantly come to mind. One is Nuttin for Christmas, which is perhaps one of the most annoying songs I have ever come across. Such a grating voice, ugh! The other one is Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. I mean, doesn't the name of the song itself make you loathe it? Apaarently the lyrics of the song go something like this - her body was found with 'hoof prints on her forehead and incriminating claw marks on her back'. I mean, really?
I think that might be "incriminating Claus marks" as in Santa Claus.

Had not seen this thread before today. We had our office Christmas party yesterday, and didn't realize that there was Christmas music playing in the background until everyone went silent for the Boss' holiday speech. He started speaking just in time for Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time" chorus over and over and over. It was the first time I realized how truly awful that song is and it far eclipsed the awful speech my Boss was giving. That chorus never ends and it is so fricken stupid!

Had not seen this thread before today. We had our office Christmas party yesterday, and didn't realize that there was Christmas music playing in the background until everyone went silent for the Boss' holiday speech. He started speaking just in time for Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time" chorus over and over and over. It was the first time I realized how truly awful that song is and it far eclipsed the awful speech my Boss was giving. That chorus never ends and it is so fricken stupid!
At least Bruce didn't sing Santa Claus is Coming to Town. That's the worst. Still pretty cool to have Springsteen at your party.

Everyone I know and most people here hate "Wonderful Christmastime", how the hell did it become so popular and why is it played so often?
I really should hate this song. It's like someone said, "come up with the worst sounding 80's song with video game sound effects".

But for some reason I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread