What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Draft (1 Viewer)

Who had the worst draft?

• Buffalo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Buffalo just made a nice pick with Youboty who was suppose to go late first round. Starting to even out now. I think Chicago's draft is worse after that pick.

I'm not crazy about the Giants draft. Or the Cowboys.
The Cowboys couldn't have done worse if they tried....harder! Parcells has proven yet again that he can outsmart himself in more ways then scientists have discovered. To draft a TE in the second round, when top OT prospects are availabe, combined with drafting a DE in the 3rd round when the top OG prospect and a decent FS option in Max Jean Gilles and Ko Simpson respectively....special blind kids could have done better, and that's an insult to the mental disfigured!TE and DE were right at the top of "things we don't need". Parcells is an idiot and i'm going to be in need of actual remedies to this pain in my gut. Any old pats or jets fans around here with the secret to the cure for living with Tuna the Terrible?

I'm not crazy about the Giants draft.  Or the Cowboys.
The Cowboys couldn't have done worse if they tried....harder! Parcells has proven yet again that he can outsmart himself in more ways then scientists have discovered. To draft a TE in the second round, when top OT prospects are availabe, combined with drafting a DE in the 3rd round when the top OG prospect and a decent FS option in Max Jean Gilles and Ko Simpson respectively....special blind kids could have done better, and that's an insult to the mental disfigured!TE and DE were right at the top of "things we don't need". Parcells is an idiot and i'm going to be in need of actual remedies to this pain in my gut. Any old pats or jets fans around here with the secret to the cure for living with Tuna the Terrible?
Wow a realistic Cowboys fan. :shock: My good friend Eric is the only other one I know and he is by far the best Cowboys fan I've ever met. I salute you.

Lions.

Funny thing at the draft party I was at.

When Denver took cutler, everyone in the room looked around and kinda siad "He'll be good".

Lions. Geez.

the Bears's draft is by far the worst - I knowpeople who probably are contemplating whether the roof beam will hold their weight...

I'm not crazy about the Giants draft.  Or the Cowboys.
Wow a realistic Cowboys fan. :shock: My good friend Eric is the only other one I know and he is by far the best Cowboys fan I've ever met. I salute you.
Rattler is one of the best

Lions.

When Denver took cutler, everyone in the room looked around and kinda siad "He'll be good".

Lions. Geez.
I think the Lions have had a good draft thus far. The only thing is passing on Cutler and Leinart guarantees one of the two is the next Joe Montana. :shrug:

Lions.

Lions. Geez.
At least they did not draft a WR in the 1st (or first three)

Lions.

Lions. Geez.
I think the Lions have had a good draft thus far. The only thing is passing on Cutler and Leinart guarantees one of the two is the next Joe Montana. :shrug:
:lmao: but true :unsure:

Texans.............how do you pass on Reggie Bush! Seriously, they may not have been the worst, but I'm not sure about this move at all!

was just looking at the top 100 list at the site I use for Rookie Information...

1 8 Whitner, Donte SS 5-10 203 Ohio State (ranked 25th)

1 26 McCargo, John DT 6-2 301 North Carolina State (ranked 74th)

3 70 Youboty, Ashton CB 6-0 188 Ohio State (ranked 44th)

Ok, so there was some reaching, but these are not bad players...

I'm not crazy about the Giants draft. Or the Cowboys.
Screw parcells. What an abortion of a draft. Was 50/50 to renew season tickets. Now it's 10/90. Had the same seats since 1989. No more I think. Was going to ride it out to the new stadium to at least scalp the tix to the HP contingent, not worth it.

Who knows, check back in three years. IMO, Hester/Manning/Dvorcek will all contribute next season for the Bears.

Not happy about the Titans's draft so far - too much risk.
I can understand that, but I quite like the picks.If McNair remains a Titan, and he gets to wait a year or two, I expect big things from Young. I've said it before in his threads, but IMO Tennessee is an ideal place for him.

There's only four teams I would have liked White on. Tennessee was among them. He'll be good there.

Last edited by a moderator:
People voting for Buffalo must not have looked at what the Bears "rostered" today :no:
:goodposting: I wouldn't of had a major problem had they taken ONE of Manning and Hester to address returns. I know they wanted speed in the secondary (because Tillman can't cover any WR with sub 4.6 speed), but Hester couldn't even play corner at Miami.

I agreed with trading down from their #1....but then they got caught to where Mercedes Lewis was gone (unexpected), then Sinorice Moss was gone before their next pick (probably expected, he was in their sights as a WR3 and returner) & I thought they just panicked.

They had to look at TE in this draft full of TE's!! And they didn't get a one. Not a one! Sure Clark is fine for a blocking TE, but the point of drafting one in the first place was to give Rex a receiving option.

Did the Bears draft Hester to just return kicks and run reverses? Because there's 0% chance of him playing corner in the NFL, and I highly doubt he's going to become a suitable receiver either.

That really stood out as an awful selection.

Did the Bears draft Hester to just return kicks and run reverses? Because there's 0% chance of him playing corner in the NFL, and I highly doubt he's going to become a suitable receiver either.

exactly. worst pick of Day 1 by a mile.

The Bills' draft is not THAT bad. Bears by far.
I actually see the Bills as having an underrated sleeper type draft. Clearly not the worst, but they still could've used something on the o-line. They are leading Losman out to get slaughtered.

Lions.

Lions. Geez.
I agree...Ernie Sims gonna tear it up.

The Vikings have some issues too...Greenway and Griffin are fine, but Ryan Cook was a historic reach and Tarvaris Jackson probably would've been there two or three rounds later.

Reminds me of the Redskins picking Desmond Howard.

Reminds me of the Raiders picking Desmond Howard.
I always thought the Redskins took Howard. But that's just me...

I'd have to include the Denny's Assaulting Ricky Manning Jr. in the Bears 'draft class' as they used a 3rd rounder on him today. :)
As a Cowboy fan I am Ok with the Carpenter pick and.... uh...Yeah that's about it... still no help in the secondary... Still no QB of the future.. Still no help on the OL...

As someone living in Chicago.. I've been listening for the gunshots all day..

No help at LB in case they lose Briggs, no help at TE despite the fact that eight going on Day 1... Instead of Sheftler or Pope, they take Devin Hester??? Ouch...

Buffalo... Hey at least they picked up ATrain before the draft... that counts for something right??!!

Reminds me of the Raiders picking Desmond Howard.
I always thought the Redskins took Howard. But that's just me...
:bag:

People voting for Buffalo must not have looked at what the Bears "rostered" today :no:
:goodposting: I wouldn't of had a major problem had they taken ONE of Manning and Hester to address returns. I know they wanted speed in the secondary (because Tillman can't cover any WR with sub 4.6 speed), but Hester couldn't even play corner at Miami.

I agreed with trading down from their #1....but then they got caught to where Mercedes Lewis was gone (unexpected), then Sinorice Moss was gone before their next pick (probably expected, he was in their sights as a WR3 and returner) & I thought they just panicked.

They had to look at TE in this draft full of TE's!! And they didn't get a one. Not a one! Sure Clark is fine for a blocking TE, but the point of drafting one in the first place was to give Rex a receiving option.
Passing on Pope at 57 was just stupid on their part... the minute the third round started, they should have traded up to get him.... they got greedy and lost him at 72 to the Cardinals...

As a die-hard Cowboy fan I have to say that this first day has been solid...not overly impressive like last year but I don't have a problem with Carpenter as our 1st round pick..not at all.

That is the only glaring position that we could have used as a starter unless the heavens opened up for us and we grabbed Bush, Huff or Hawk. Now Fransco (sp?) is intriguing because Witten's contract is up, we could use a replacement for Campbell and this allows Witten to go up field in a 2 TE set.

The Cowboys must believe in the development of Romo and Henson. With the 92d pick coming up tommorrow, don't count out K.Simpson.

The Cowboys have done a solid job in my eyes. Not spectacular but not on the level of the Skins (2nds and a 6th..lol)

Texans.............how do you pass on Reggie Bush! Seriously, they may not have been the worst, but I'm not sure about this move at all!
I think the Texans may regret not getting Reggie, but they will be fine if Williams has a Freeny kind of effect. Plus they got some nice O line help.BEST DRAFT BY FAR: ARIZONA... Lynart, Pope at TE, and some O-line goods.

Vikings...  :(
Traded up into the 2nd to get Tarveris Jackson?Is it over yet?
I have never seen Tarveris Jackson play. Have you?
"He would be a great pick towards the end of the draft and will need to spend a few seasons developing before he is ready to legitimately compete for a starting job."Jackson

not sure I read "Let's trade up to get this guy" from that profile

Vikings...  :(
Traded up into the 2nd to get Tarveris Jackson?Is it over yet?
I have never seen Tarveris Jackson play. Have you?
"He would be a great pick towards the end of the draft and will need to spend a few seasons developing before he is ready to legitimately compete for a starting job."Jackson

not sure I read "Let's trade up to get this guy" from that profile
OK he was a reach. But I am not putting much stock in those NFL prospect profiles.Here’s how they grade Kellen Clemons.

Final Grade: G 6.3 INJ

6.3 Very good starting player 2nd

G = Very good athletic ability and college production.

Doesn’t meet minimum height requirements, but meets weight and speed requirements.

Examples – Sam Mills & Antoine Winfield 1st - 7th

Here’s how they grade Vince Young.

Final Grade: M 5.9

5.9 Very good backup & very good special teams player 4th

M or L Very good athletic ability, but inconsistent production in college.

Meets minimum height, weight & speed requirements for the position.

Player lacks good football instincts or doesn’t seem to learn football very well

Users who are viewing this thread