What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (5 Viewers)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
I would think going to the floor and using your size advantage would be a better option than exchanging punches. Just because she is really good on the ground doesn't mean she can't box. With her quickness and endurance I would think wrapping up would be the way to go. You aren't going to "land 1 big punch" on someone that quick.

The best bet is to use your weight / size advantage on the floor. Hold her as tight and close to you as possible, and hope she doesn't wiggle out and get a limb wiggles around a lot.
Oh yeah!

If anyone in here can punch hard, they have a punchers chance.

I have a punchers chance. I think I could last a few minutes with her 1 out of every thousand fights. Although i am not sure how long it would take to recover from 999 broken arms, and all the atrophy my muscles would suffer from that.

Win? Only if she has a stroke right before the fight or something.

Sarah McMann came to our gym and taught a wrestling class a while ago. McMann actually did fight Rousey, losing in the first (who doesn't?)

I had my doubts on womens MMA in general, but she is legit. Her wrestling knowledge is top notch - she showed some simple stuff I had never seen, and I wrestled all the way thru college. Beyond that, her game was very well suited and refined for MMA, not pure wrestling. McMann is also relatively broad in the shoulders. She looked pretty damn big for a 135'er. I don't know what she walks around at, but she's no beanpole.

I am an experienced wrestler with 5+ years of kickboxing/jiu-jitsu experience. I don't think I could beat McMann, much less Rousey.

I'd go as far as saying that anyone without any formal combat sports experience would not be capable of lasting 5 minutes with any UFC fighter, male or female.
Did she do any sparring with anyone? Just interested on if there was anything to take from it. The whole debate/question is interesting to me.

She'd kick my skippy all over the place. To be fair though, she's HALF my age, meaner & in better shape. If I liked pain, I'd let her do it twice.

she would smile and laugh if any of you fools tried to tackle her. in fact, she might go along with it, just so she could flip you over and break your arm in .2 seconds.

Sarah McMann came to our gym and taught a wrestling class a while ago. McMann actually did fight Rousey, losing in the first (who doesn't?)

I had my doubts on womens MMA in general, but she is legit. Her wrestling knowledge is top notch - she showed some simple stuff I had never seen, and I wrestled all the way thru college. Beyond that, her game was very well suited and refined for MMA, not pure wrestling. McMann is also relatively broad in the shoulders. She looked pretty damn big for a 135'er. I don't know what she walks around at, but she's no beanpole.

I am an experienced wrestler with 5+ years of kickboxing/jiu-jitsu experience. I don't think I could beat McMann, much less Rousey.

I'd go as far as saying that anyone without any formal combat sports experience would not be capable of lasting 5 minutes with any UFC fighter, male or female.
Did she do any sparring with anyone? Just interested on if there was anything to take from it. The whole debate/question is interesting to me.
no, not in that class. She lives in Gaffney and has become good friends with a few of the girls from my gym - they were able to talk her into coming in and doing a free class. I'd love to watch her spar against our schools pro fighter - to see what the real difference is between the sexes.

Seriously though, she's legit. You can tell by watching how someone carries themselves on the mat that they know what they are doing. it was obvious watching her teach that she has decades of experience, and i'm not talking a couple of nights a week, I'm talking about training 3-4 hours a day, every day, all year long. And that's just McMann, who isn't at Rousey's level (yet).

she would smile and laugh if any of you fools tried to tackle her. in fact, she might go along with it, just so she could flip you over and break your arm in .2 seconds.
Hey, I'm just trying to cop a feel before she hurts me real bad.

How long would Rousey last with Mayweather?

Serious question.
She would make him tap out like a girl. He's a boxer with zero wrestling skills. Once she got a hold of him it would be over.
I don't disagree...two drastically different skillsets. If it goes to the ground, he is her #####...no question. The trick would be getting him to the ground.

no, not in that class. She lives in Gaffney and has become good friends with a few of the girls from my gym - they were able to talk her into coming in and doing a free class. I'd love to watch her spar against our schools pro fighter - to see what the real difference is between the sexes.

Seriously though, she's legit. You can tell by watching how someone carries themselves on the mat that they know what they are doing. it was obvious watching her teach that she has decades of experience, and i'm not talking a couple of nights a week, I'm talking about training 3-4 hours a day, every day, all year long. And that's just McMann, who isn't at Rousey's level (yet).
We talked about this question while watching the fights Saturday night. My buddy, who has trained longer than me, is about 5'11" 230 lbs. Pretty big guy. He swears he would have a shot against her because of the weight/power difference. He agrees that an average Joe is done in 15 seconds, but thinks a bigger dude with some training has a pretty good shot.

At my age, it would be over almost immediately.

Put me back in my 20 year old body and I swear I could last at least 30 seconds (which is longer than the recent matches have been), although that really only means that the first 20 seconds were me basically backing up and circling.

Serious question.
She would make him tap out like a girl. He's a boxer with zero wrestling skills. Once she got a hold of him it would be over.
I don't disagree...two drastically different skillsets. If it goes to the ground, he is her #####...no question. The trick would be getting him to the ground.
A trick that an Olympic judoist is pretty good at.

Serious question.
He'd KO her in the first... unless she was able to duck and get him to the ground where she could submit him. He'd KO her in the first.
This.

if he HAD to fight with full gloves on, and she could fight in MMA-style gloves, it'd become a case of what happened first - Floyd KO's her, or she gets Floyd to the ground.

There's a reason why Gracie won the first big UFC tournament over guys a lot bigger than him...if you don't know how to fight on the ground and you're facing someone who does, you're going to lose if you end up there.

Serious question.
certainly, Mayweather is a skilled enough fighter to prevent Rousey from getting close enough to get him down. All he would have to do is keep proper distance, pepper with jabs, and know how to check an occasional kick.

Are we really debating whether the best boxer in the world would defeat Ronda Rousey?

Holy ####, this is how they sell tickets, isn't it?

Serious question.
He'd KO her in the first... unless she was able to duck and get him to the ground where she could submit him. He'd KO her in the first.
I agree, however if she could get him on the ground, game over.
Yeah, if she gets him down, game over. I just think he is too quick for her and he steps back and pounds the back of her head as she dives for his legs. Surely that is what he would expect her to to. If he misses and gets trapped, she owns him. If he hits her, she is on her way out.

Serious question.
He doesn't have the power to KO her. He has a couple true KOs (not TKOs) in his career and if he can't hit her big, she's going to get a hold of him.

Serious question.
certainly, Mayweather is a skilled enough fighter to prevent Rousey from getting close enough to get him down. All he would have to do is keep proper distance, pepper with jabs, and know how to check an occasional kick.
Avoiding people is the thing he is best at, so maybe he would have a chance.

Serious question.
Here is the problem there, she can run at him and tackle him. You can't do that in boxing. She will get a hold of him. She can grab an arm, she can kick, etc. It's a whole different game.

We talked about this question while watching the fights Saturday night. My buddy, who has trained longer than me, is about 5'11" 230 lbs. Pretty big guy. He swears he would have a shot against her because of the weight/power difference. He agrees that an average Joe is done in 15 seconds, but thinks a bigger dude with some training has a pretty good shot.
yeah, I think someone who knows what they are doing and has a size/strength advantage - that's realistic, and worthy of debate.

Serious question.
He doesn't have the power to KO her. He has a couple true KOs (not TKOs) in his career and if he can't hit her big, she's going to get a hold of him.
He also is wearing pillows on his hand in a boxing match. I guarantee with mma gloves on he could KO a 135 pound woman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serious question.
Here is the problem there, she can run at him and tackle him. You can't do that in boxing. She will get a hold of him. She can grab an arm, she can kick, etc. It's a whole different game.
I don't think a running tackle is a viable strategy. All the opponent has to do is circle away, and you are tackling air (while taking shots to the back of your head).

Serious question.
Yeah. Agree. He's quick for boxing rules, but she could just basically charge him and tie him up immediately. Once in a clinch, he's used to a ref breaking them, and then going back to fighting with space. She's used to staying in a clinch, and getting the opponent off balance and limiting his power. In an MMA fight, they're not breaking them up. Advantage Rousey.

A fight would be over in under a minute, because I think he's a good enough boxer to KO her quickly if she can't get him off his feet. She's lethal enough on the ground to submit him quickly if she can.

yeah, I think someone who knows what they are doing and has a size/strength advantage - that's realistic, and worthy of debate.
Where is the breaking point in size? Most people here said if a man has no combat sport training, she could take them. Do people really think she could take out JJ Watt or Blake Griffin?

Where is the breaking point in size? Most people here said if a man has no combat sport training, she could take them. Do people really think she could take out JJ Watt or Blake Griffin?
of course she could take those guys (assuming they have no training). Longer arms are easier to bar.

Serious question.
Yeah. Agree. He's quick for boxing rules, but she could just basically charge him and tie him up immediately. Once in a clinch, he's used to a ref breaking them, and then going back to fighting with space. She's used to staying in a clinch, and getting the opponent off balance and limiting his power. In an MMA fight, they're not breaking them up. Advantage Rousey.

A fight would be over in under a minute, because I think he's a good enough boxer to KO her quickly if she can't get him off his feet. She's lethal enough on the ground to submit him quickly if she can.
It would be a helluva fight? Amiright?

Crap, this chick gets rolled on an average street in SPFLD, MA if nobody steps in.

Holy cow. :lmao:
it would be a special thing to see you get your ### kicked
You'll never have a ticket, because the getting is special.

You #######.
But you can line up and try.

Seriously.

I'll give you my number and we can have one.

eta* I'm ready.

eta2* You missed it when they knocked all my teeth out and pulled a gun to my head there. But 5'7" Ronda! You don't even know how clueless you are, which is what is funny about this. You have no idea, son. Go comfort yourself somewhere in the hopes of being an internet icon. You're nothing.

of course she could take those guys (assuming they have no training). Longer arms are easier to bar.
Yeah and 290 pound men are a lot tougher to get to the ground than 135 pound women.

Yeah and 290 pound men are a lot tougher to get to the ground than 135 pound women.
i didn't say the takedown would be easy, but if there's anything judoka are good at, it's getting people to the ground - even people bigger than you.

no, not in that class. She lives in Gaffney and has become good friends with a few of the girls from my gym - they were able to talk her into coming in and doing a free class. I'd love to watch her spar against our schools pro fighter - to see what the real difference is between the sexes.Seriously though, she's legit. You can tell by watching how someone carries themselves on the mat that they know what they are doing. it was obvious watching her teach that she has decades of experience, and i'm not talking a couple of nights a week, I'm talking about training 3-4 hours a day, every day, all year long. And that's just McMann, who isn't at Rousey's level (yet).
This.

IMO, a 145+ male UFC fighter takes her out at a 95% clip. A decently trained 185+ male MMA fighter takes her out at the same rate.

Without any training in BJJ/Judo/wrestling/etc. she takes them out 95% of the time unless the guy is a big elite athlete (Watt for example) or Shaq size.

6' 2" and 250lbs checking in here. Have weight trained for decades, served in the military, and spent a few years in martial arts. I have full confidence that the match wouldn't make it to the 2nd round. I'm sure Rousey has forgotten more submission holds than I've ever known, and she would humble me quickly.

I guess the masculine thing to do is insist you'll get your ### kicked by a spaghetti-armed 5'7" woman backed by none other than the edifice of ethical certainty named Dana White.

My eyes don't lie. She'll get killed on streets. It's bad.

Also, moops, you up?

I guess the masculine thing to do is insist you'll get your ### kicked by a spaghetti-armed 5'7" woman backed by none other than the edifice of ethical certainty named Dana White.

Also, moops, you up?
You taking a run at matuski's title of toughest internet guy?

She is giving 3 inches and at least 50 lbs. I can take a punch from a guy my size. With all that said she has all the training and experience on her side. Plus she looks really fast. She wins but it ain't in the first few seconds I don't think. Probably second round win when lack of conditioning overcomes adrenalin. Oh and she wins the first round on points I just manage to survive it.

Also, moops, you up?
You taking a run at matuski's title of toughest internet guy?
I think when somebody tells you they'd like to see your ### kicked, and it has been, and many times, that you'd invite them along.

That's all.

And Rousey doesn't last two seconds where I'm at, Cliff. Sorry that facts get in the way of promoting, marketing, and training.

You can't train 5'7" and woman.

eta* Unless she's Babe Didrikson or Britney Griener, but that gets into different, um, territory, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread