What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (2 Viewers)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
I guess the masculine thing to do is insist you'll get your ### kicked by a spaghetti-armed 5'7" woman backed by none other than the edifice of ethical certainty named Dana White.

My eyes don't lie. She'll get killed on streets. It's bad.

Also, moops, you up?
What is your training/fighting background?

Rockaction would go in with a double dose of depends for when he ####s himself.
I keep having trouble figuring out who the dumbest member of the board is. You keep reminding me.
The mirror you are looking at is reminding you.
Genius. Keep staring into it and thinking I'm there.
That's all you got? :lmao: That's weaker than the effort you would put up when you wind up wearing your ### for a hat after Ronda is done with you.

matuski > time to step your game up. You're down on all the cards with only minutes left.
No, he's delusional. He thinks he's scoring against 6'1" point guards who run faster than the speed of light.

I'd get beaten by Rousey. I'm 42. I'm just not sure my friends wouldn't have a say in the matter.

:lmao:

Rockaction would go in with a double dose of depends for when he ####s himself.
I keep having trouble figuring out who the dumbest member of the board is. You keep reminding me.
The mirror you are looking at is reminding you.
Genius. Keep staring into it and thinking I'm there.
That's all you got? :lmao: That's weaker than the effort you would put up when you wind up wearing your ### for a hat after Ronda is done with you.
Guess so, brohan.

:shrugs:

I guess the masculine thing to do is insist you'll get your ### kicked by a spaghetti-armed 5'7" woman backed by none other than the edifice of ethical certainty named Dana White.

Also, moops, you up?
* Your fooling yourself, you know.

*also applicable to the Movie Quotes thread

Also, moops, you up?
You taking a run at matuski's title of toughest internet guy?
I think when somebody tells you they'd like to see your ### kicked, and it has been, and many times, that you'd invite them along.

That's all.

And Rousey doesn't last two seconds where I'm at, Cliff. Sorry that facts get in the way of promoting, marketing, and training.

You can't train 5'7" and woman.

eta* Unless she's Babe Didrikson or Britney Griener, but that gets into different, um, territory, doesn't it?
This schtick may have worked a few years ago, but after seeing the talent level of many women in the division there's just no way anyone can write this stuff now and be taken seriously.

The correct answer is if you have less than a year in legit MMA training, Ronda would hit you a few times, throw you down, and submit you all in under 10 seconds. It doesn't matter that you have "x" number of pounds on her, if you were "x" number of years younger, if you think you could take a punch from her, etc, etc.

Also, moops, you up?
Anyone who's take away from a claim regarding a fight with tiny people (guy or girl) is one of a "tough guy" completely missed something.

Also, moops, you up?
I think when somebody tells you they'd like to see your ### kicked, and it has been, and many times, that you'd invite them along.

That's all.

And Rousey doesn't last two seconds where I'm at, Cliff. Sorry that facts get in the way of promoting, marketing, and training.

You can't train 5'7" and woman.

eta* Unless she's Babe Didrikson or Britney Griener, but that gets into different, um, territory, doesn't it?
This schtick may have worked a few years ago, but after seeing the talent level of many women in the division there's just no way anyone can write this stuff now and be taken seriously.

The correct answer is if you have less than a year in legit MMA training, Ronda would hit you a few times, throw you down, and submit you all in under 10 seconds. It doesn't matter that you have "x" number of pounds on her, if you were "x" number of years younger, if you think you could take a punch from her, etc, etc.
Even softaballguy is against me.

Aw, jeez. Might as well give up.

Also, moops, you up?
Anyone who's take away from a claim regarding a fight with tiny people (guy or girl) is one of a "tough guy" completely missed something.
There ya go. Knew we could count on you. :thumbup:

Also, moops, you up?
Saying you can handle people a foot shorter and 100lbs lighter is not in any way I can fathom "tough". :shrug:

eta - Rousey would kick my ###.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also, moops, you up?
Saying you can handle people a foot shorter and 100lbs lighter is not in any way I can fathom "tough". :shrug:
Yeah, but DANA WHITE!

She is giving 3 inches and at least 50 lbs. I can take a punch from a guy my size. With all that said she has all the training and experience on her side. Plus she looks really fast. She wins but it ain't in the first few seconds I don't think. Probably second round win when lack of conditioning overcomes adrenalin. Oh and she wins the first round on points I just manage to survive it.
To me, it's not her punches that would be the primary concern (although I'm sure those would still be an issue), if she got you on the ground, she'd be at such an extreme advantage that I think it would be over quickly.

She is giving 3 inches and at least 50 lbs. I can take a punch from a guy my size. With all that said she has all the training and experience on her side. Plus she looks really fast. She wins but it ain't in the first few seconds I don't think. Probably second round win when lack of conditioning overcomes adrenalin. Oh and she wins the first round on points I just manage to survive it.
To me, it's not her punches that would be the primary concern (although I'm sure those would still be an issue), if she got you on the ground, she'd be at such an extreme advantage that I think it would be over quickly.
Obviously you want to avoid ground if possible for as long as possible. She gets you there and training should give her a win.

I'm 6'5" and 280 and do pushups/situps regularly and i have boxing experience. I'd like to think I could last a little bit before tapping out.

This is how I feel. At 6'1" and 215 pounds, I have the size. I still squat, deadlift, and bench over 300 pounds. I match up with her strength. And that is where it ends. I boxed for a little bit in HS. That means nothing compared to her level of fighting skills.

I think I could take a few of her punches but eventually she would knock me out. If she got me on the ground, it would be over as fast as I could tap out.

I would last 30 seconds. This broad is quick, strong, highly trained, and tough.

Obviously you want to avoid ground if possible for as long as possible. She gets you there and training should give her a win.
Rules could dictate she could not punch and she'd still take you down and submit you in seconds. There isn't really anything you can do to avoid the ground against her... maybe running around as fast as you could, but that would only buy you 10 seconds.

Unless you've rolled or sparred with the caliber of fighter today's MMA -male and female- you have no idea the level they're on.

I am honestly having a hard time even imagining I would be able to even shove a woman, let alone fight one.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
  1. No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly. (3 votes [1.83%])

2. No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose. (2 votes [1.22%])

Looks like 5 people are delusional.

With her judo and fight experience, she'd kick my ###. Having said that, that knockout looked so sloppy. Just haymakers and wild punches and aggression.

Anyone who says no is fooling themselves. Got my butt handed to me regularly in practice by a girl who was good but nowhere near Rouseys league and i have some idea what im doing.

1. No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly. (3 votes [1.83%])
  2. No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose. (2 votes [1.22%])
My guess is that these 5 would go in cocky as well and end up carted out on a stretcher and hooked up to life support.

A better question might be, could your endurance level allow you to MMA spar for longer than three minutes? I think you guys would be surprised at how taxing it is...
I was a work out maniac in HS. I ran, biked, weight trained, and boxed 2 rounds twice a week. Boxing is extremely exhausting.

Endurance conditioning would not matter if I was in the ring with Rousey. She would beat me before I got tired.

i voted she'd kick my ###, but if i had 2 wks to get in aerobic shape i might have a small chance since i out weigh her by 100lbs. But she'd probably just ####### destroy me, and most of us really

People have no idea if theyve never rolled with someone who has been training awhile. Guys who trained regularly for only 6-12 months would beat big guys fresh off the street in 30 seconds, sometimes less.

Being in shape or not has nothing to do with it. Anyone without extensive training in submission grappling is getting tapped pretty much whenever she wants to grab something. Also, LOL @ dudes with no training "keeping it standing" against an Olympic medalist judoka. Even JJ Watt is likely gonna go for a ride if he ties up with her. Leverage & technique >>> size & strength.

That said, it's probably equally dumb if anyone thinks she's beating any professional male MMA fighters.

See, I think guys who outweigh her by 100+ should be able to take her - easily.

Assuming you are 235+ with more muscle than fat, I will assume you are a decent athlete - not world class, but enough to be able to use your athleticism and weight to take on an undersized woman. You overestimate the advantage she would have in close - against like sized opponents, sure she has an advantage. But with an extra 100 pounds, she won't have the same leverage she enjoys against most of us. Then, pure weight on her will wear her out as fast as you get worn out.

If you have any boxing skills, you could use your reach advantage if she does not charge you. jabs, not power punches will keep you from wearing yourself out.

But, worse case scenario is you should be able to bear hug her, and body slam her, and don't let go....

Also even you strong guys will be so gassed a minute or two in, you'll be begging her to submit you. fitst mistake new people make is trying to overpower everything and be under constant tension.

The most delusional are the votes thinking they wouldn't win outright but would last 'til the decision.

Assuming you are 235+ with more muscle than fat, I will assume you are a decent athlete - not world class, but enough to be able to use your athleticism and weight to take on an undersized woman. You overestimate the advantage she would have in close - against like sized opponents, sure she has an advantage. But with an extra 100 pounds, she won't have the same leverage she enjoys against most of us. Then, pure weight on her will wear her out as fast as you get worn out.

If you have any boxing skills, you could use your reach advantage if she does not charge you. jabs, not power punches will keep you from wearing yourself out.

But, worse case scenario is you should be able to bear hug her, and body slam her, and don't let go....
You dont think she trains against much bigger guys in her gym? Ones who actually know what their doing?

Size (with zero training) is probably, if anything, a disadvantage against an elite judoka. As soon as you go to lean on her she's shifting and using your momentum against you, and you're suddenly flying through the air.

Crap, this chick gets rolled on an average street in SPFLD, MA if nobody steps in.

Holy cow. :lmao:
it would be a special thing to see you get your ### kicked
You'll never have a ticket, because the getting is special.

You #######.
But you can line up and try.

Seriously.

I'll give you my number and we can have one.

eta* I'm ready.

eta2* You missed it when they knocked all my teeth out and pulled a gun to my head there. But 5'7" Ronda! You don't even know how clueless you are, which is what is funny about this. You have no idea, son. Go comfort yourself somewhere in the hopes of being an internet icon. You're nothing.
:lmao: :lmao:

the guy next to me is 300 and i think he could take her. only way she could get him is if she kept her distance and hit/kicked him repeatedly, he'd go down eventually. But if she got in close, all he'd have to do is bear hug her, drop her on the canvas and put her in the ####### cobra, she'd be dead within a minute or two.

And those big guys would be so slow that she would kick their legs till they collapse.

By the time this thread is done Rousey will be able to shoot lasers out her eyes and will be immune to knives and bullets.

Has everyone forgotten what happened to Tyler Durden when he tried to fight ####### McGee? Meatloaf owned his ### by using his weight /thread

I wonder what the answers would be if the question were changed to could you go 5 one minute rounds, with 3 minutes of rest between each round, or if not how many could you go?

That would incentivize trying to stay away and delay, and would negate her conditioning, to an extent. My guess is that even this would not substantially change outcomes, but would change perception of the challenge, for some.

Crap, this chick gets rolled on an average street in SPFLD, MA if nobody steps in.

Holy cow. :lmao:
it would be a special thing to see you get your ### kicked
You'll never have a ticket, because the getting is special.

You #######.
But you can line up and try.

Seriously.

I'll give you my number and we can have one.

eta* I'm ready.

eta2* You missed it when they knocked all my teeth out and pulled a gun to my head there. But 5'7" Ronda! You don't even know how clueless you are, which is what is funny about this. You have no idea, son. Go comfort yourself somewhere in the hopes of being an internet icon. You're nothing.
:lmao: :lmao:
Even I love this. :lmao: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread