What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Green, ARZ (3 Viewers)

That ship has long since sailed. He's worth even less than Julio Jones, which they entered the league the same year.
This is another flawed opinion of yours with no logic behind it. I think both are we fodder, but if I was forced to roster 1, Green would be far ahead. He can stay and his numbers more than doubled Jones last year.
No, it is a flawed opinion of yours. When on the field it seem to me Jones had more in the tank than Green. Trouble is, staying on the field.
Well, Green had 850 yards and averaged 16 yards a catch last season as basically the #3 WR option. Julio spent his season nursing a hamstring. Again

Neither is optimal, but in larger leagues, there are worse options.

That ship has long since sailed. He's worth even less than Julio Jones, which they entered the league the same year.
This is another flawed opinion of yours with no logic behind it. I think both are we fodder, but if I was forced to roster 1, Green would be far ahead. He can stay and his numbers more than doubled Jones last year.
No, it is a flawed opinion of yours. When on the field it seem to me Jones had more in the tank than Green. Trouble is, staying on the field.
Well, Green had 850 yards and averaged 16 yards a catch last season as basically the #3 WR option. Julio spent his season nursing a hamstring. Again

Neither is optimal, but in larger leagues, there are worse options.
I agree with your last sentence. I’m stuck with Mo Allie-Cox because of the Kittle injury.

Well, Green had 850 yards and averaged 16 yards a catch last season as basically the #3 WR option

He was actually solid as his teams WR3 but he was considerably less productive when Hopkins was out, like being the WR2 was to much for him to handle.

He had 6 games where Hopkins did not play and his best game was a 4/78. Had another game Hopkins played 25% of the snaps and gave a 5/50.

He had 9 games where Hopkins played most of the game and in those 9 games he had 5 which were better then any he had in the 6 games Hopkins did not play at all or played a little.

Well, Green had 850 yards and averaged 16 yards a catch last season as basically the #3 WR option

He was actually solid as his teams WR3 but he was considerably less productive when Hopkins was out, like being the WR2 was to much for him to handle.

He had 6 games where Hopkins did not play and his best game was a 4/78. Had another game Hopkins played 25% of the snaps and gave a 5/50.

He had 9 games where Hopkins played most of the game and in those 9 games he had 5 which were better then any he had in the 6 games Hopkins did not play at all or played a little.
A little light on players in this league as I drafted Dobbins, Hopkins and Gallup, plus we start 3 WRs. I would be happy with 10-12 PPR points and if he scores a TD, icing on the cake. One of the highest point total expectation games, if not the highest, so hopefully, he gets his share of the action.

A.J. Green caught 2-of-4 targets for 13 yards in the Cardinals' Week 1 loss to the Chiefs.

That Green continues to play heavy snaps in Arizona's offense remains a mystery without any clues. Against KC, the aged veteran created zero separation, as he's struggled to do for at least three years. The Cardinals insist on Green as a part of their two wideout sets for some reason, so fantasy managers must accept it. That doesn't mean they need to roster Green. Slot WR Greg Dortch is a superior Week 2 fantasy option against the Raiders.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said A.J. Green (knee) is doubtful for Week 4 against the Panthers.​

In other words, Green isn't playing this week. He suffered a bone bruise in the first half last week against the Rams. With Green out, it should funnel even more looks to Marquise Brown, Zach Ertz, and Greg Dortch. Rondale Moore (hamstring) is expected to be limited, if he even plays in Week 4.
Sep 28, 2022, 1:15 PM ET

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said "it just worked out that way" when asked about A.J. Green's lack of involvement in Week 7.​

Green wasn't targeted. Kingsbury said that the Cardinals wanted to get Rondale Moore involved and give Robbie Anderson some snaps. It sounds like what remained of Green's fantasy value may be disappearing with the return of DeAndre Hopkins and the acquisition of Anderson. He's a drop candidate even in larger leagues.
SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter
Oct 21, 2022, 1:56 PM ET

A.J. Green retired from the NFL after 11 seasons.​

Before opting to spend his final two seasons in the Arizona desert, Green was a perennial Pro Bowl talent. The former Georgia Bulldog was selected by the Bengals with the No. 4 overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft and kicked off his career with five-straight 1,000+ yard seasons and seven-straight Pro Bowls. He saw a toe injury end his 2018 season early, and missed all of 2019 with an ankle injury before returning in 2020 to go for 47-503-2 in 156 games. Green never quite returned to his old form, as age and injuries caught up to the veteran receiver. It's safe to say he went out on somewhat of a high note, going for 91 yards and a touchdown in his final game, with his score coming on an impressive 77-yard play in which he beat multiple defenders to the ball and the end zone.
RELATED:
Feb 6, 2023, 2:02 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread