What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Lazard, NYJ (2 Viewers)

I’m hopping on. Worth a speculative look, none of the other guys are very good. Someone’s gotta catch the balls. 

Count me in.  

Lazard looks the part and has the opportunity and blessing of Aaron Rodgers.

The 2:45 Advisory has just been released, we have the latest coordinates coming in as we track Hurricane Lazard moving now at about 8 mph due West/NorthWest as it continues to track along the Caribbean Islands and outer barrier markers. Storm Team expert Rob Demovsky went into the center of the eye and brought back this breaking info...

Packers Practice Today!!!

"Only four active roster wideouts at practice — Allen Lazard, Jake Kumerow, Darrius Shepherd and Ryan Grant. And Grant was just signed yesterday. 

Winds now are up to 85 MPH with potential for more strengthening.

The 2:45 Advisory has just been released, we have the latest coordinates coming in as we track Hurricane Lazard moving now at about 8 mph due West/NorthWest as it continues to track along the Caribbean Islands and outer barrier markers. Storm Team expert Rob Demovsky went into the center of the eye and brought back this breaking info...

Packers Practice Today!!!

"Only four active roster wideouts at practice — Allen Lazard, Jake Kumerow, Darrius Shepherd and Ryan Grant. And Grant was just signed yesterday. 

Winds now are up to 85 MPH with potential for more strengthening.
:lmao:

With Amari Cooper, Devante Adams, and Marquise Brown looking iffy I am rolling with the lizard king at WR3.

Last edited by a moderator:
wormburner said:
Any of you GB homers know if Lazar is practicing with the 1's this week?
What 1s?  Only a small joke.  But with Adams, Allison, and MVS being DNP most days, yeah, he is out there.

He is still available in my league.  I think my league is a wait and see with him after Allison and MVS did nothing.

Id live to add him...just cant pull the trigger as Id drop a more valuable commodity to do so (or my backup QB Josh Allen who I really dont need til Week 11...but now with Waller being limited yesterday  i have to keep that option open)

Lazard gonna be the Whole F'N Show!!!
Or he's going to get triple teamed. Gruden was watching on Monday night too. There's a point of diminishing returns with the absence and/or ineffectiveness of the other receiving options, and we may be way past that point with all three opening day starters potentially out.

That said, I have Mahomes on both my teams and am digging out of a hole this week, so in goes Lizard King for me. :Nose plugged:

Lizard King back to my bench with AC expected to play. I can’t see starting him over Murray or Singletary, barring a setback at practice for AC or Motor, but I do like the Lizard as a strong WR3 or flex play for those in need. He’s essentially the 1A as long as Adams & Allison are out. 

MVS and Allison reportedly both questionable and DNP today. If they are both out, I’m not sure that helps the lizard all that much since he will draw top coverage.

still, his floor should be WR3 or flex in PPR for sheer volume alone. I could see 10 targets with seven catches for 70 yards being a reasonable expectation and plus or -.5 touchdowns

Yahoo still projecting him for 5.9 points in PPR. You’re missing a zero or two Yahoo!
They may be basing that on expectations of MVS and Allison being out. I agree it’s a little bit low though. Not like the Raider secondary is full of all pros, and he should be a target sponge.

I think we can all agree that the lizard king is an awesome nickname too.  :pickle:

(I don’t know if that’s actually his nickname but it sure is fun to type.)

All kidding aside, MVS and Allison have stunk this year. The situation is perfect for someone to step up and earn a permanent starting role. 
My thoughts exactly.  Seemed to be Rodgers thoughts as well with (what seems to be) his "told ya so" attitude about Lazard.

If I know Rodgers, he will want to prove himself right after saying nice things about Lazard. 
I'm convinced Rodgers was giving his own sideline the 'told you ####ers' staredown right after the TD to Lizard King. I have zero proof of that, and haven't even checked to see if he was actually looking at his sideline and not Detroit's, but I am convinced!!

All hail Lizard King!

All kidding aside, MVS and Allison have stunk this year. The situation is perfect for someone to step up and earn a permanent starting role. 
Yes...but also the possibility that nobody will do so outside of Adams.  Chasing lazard may be the same as those chasing with Allison and MVS.

That is part of why I have been hesitant to claim him and give up my depth elsewhere.

Yes...but also the possibility that nobody will do so outside of Adams.  Chasing lazard may be the same as those chasing with Allison and MVS.

That is part of why I have been hesitant to claim him and give up my depth elsewhere.
Don’t run out of breath, it’s only week 7, you might catching something yet. 

This post is bereft of fantasy advice, Chasing Lazard sounds like a good album or band name

Is averaging 3 TDs and 200 yards per week not worthy of a first round pick in non-PPR leagues? 
I know it’s crazy but there are some people out there who see him more like a Mike Evans/ Adam Thielen kind of producer. 

I’m thin at receiver right now with Adams out. I have him in my lineup this week ahead of AJ Brown and Allen Robinson (vs. Saints/Lattimore).

Users who are viewing this thread