What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Brandon Aiyuk, SF (2 Viewers)

If Aiyuk is paid as one of the top WR in the game, he's looking at $60-70M guaranteed and an AAV of around $25M per.

If Aiyuk is paid as one of the top WR in the game, he's looking at $60-70M guaranteed and an AAV of around $25M per.
I'm sure he is waiting for that monster JJetta extension to be announced before he does anything. He knows that market is only going up the longer he waits.

Should be even higher then $25M. The two big FA contracts handed out to WR's this off-season are Pittman and Ridley. If you only look at first few years of the deal, the real years before all the guarantees are gone and it's really team options, Ridley is getting paid just over $23m a year the first two years of his deal and if the Jags cut him he'll have picked up $25M a year for those first two years. Pittman kind of similar, if after two years they decide to move on they will have paid him $24M for those two seasons.

I'm sure he is waiting for that monster JJetta extension to be announced before he does anything. He knows that market is only going up the longer he waits.
And the only reason I was replying to the Snot's post was to discuss that the JJ contract is IMO holding up the entire WR market but you posted this as I was typing.

My belief is once JJ is signed we'll see movement in the WR market both in trades and signing. Hope it gets done before the draft, could make for a lot of excitement.

Should be even higher then $25M. The two big FA contracts handed out to WR's this off-season are Pittman and Ridley. If you only look at first few years of the deal, the real years before all the guarantees are gone and it's really team options, Ridley is getting paid just over $23m a year the first two years of his deal and if the Jags cut him he'll have picked up $25M a year for those first two years. Pittman kind of similar, if after two years they decide to move on they will have paid him $24M for those two seasons.

And the only reason I was replying to the Snot's post was to discuss that the JJ contract is IMO holding up the entire WR market but you posted this as I was typing.

My belief is once JJ is signed we'll see movement in the WR market both in trades and signing. Hope it gets done before the draft, could make for a lot of excitement.
Yeah man! Great minds think alike and all.

My guess the order will go something like JJ, Aiyuk, Chase and then after all these monster big deals go thru, Jerry Jones will ask CD Lamb to take a deal below all 3 of these guys :lol:

My guess the order will go something like JJ, Aiyuk, Chase and then after all these monster big deals go thru, Jerry Jones will ask CD Lamb to take a deal below all 3 of these guys :lol:

And then sign Dak to an extension worth $65M a year.

Anyway, back to B.A. - I think he stays with SF, but at some point you just can't keep paying 6+ positions at the top of the market. That breaking point will probably not come until its time for the Purdy extension though.

Two teams I'd put as viable spots for decent to homerun value would be the Bills and Cardinals on the caveat they trade out of 4. But those spots have issues, with Arizona would they be bothered trading him in the division? With the Bills, the ultimate home run spot IMO, it would be very hard to come up with the cap space until after June 1 when trading Diggs actually creates some cap space and I don't think the 49'ers want future picks.
Makes me wonder if this might in the cards if contract talks between Aiyuk and SF break down? Would need to work out an extension first to be able to reduce Aiyuks 2024 base.

Two teams I'd put as viable spots for decent to homerun value would be the Bills and Cardinals on the caveat they trade out of 4. But those spots have issues, with Arizona would they be bothered trading him in the division? With the Bills, the ultimate home run spot IMO, it would be very hard to come up with the cap space until after June 1 when trading Diggs actually creates some cap space and I don't think the 49'ers want future picks.
Makes me wonder if this might in the cards if contract talks between Aiyuk and SF break down? Would need to work out an extension first to be able to reduce Aiyuks 2024 base.
Is the Diggs deal a precursor to a trade now to Buffalo?

Is the Diggs deal a precursor to a trade now to Buffalo?
That feels like wishful thinking to me.

SF isn't trading Aiyuk for less than a 1st rounder plus, and Buffalo would have a really hard time making it work financially, as they'd need to extend Aiyuk (even a in a backloaded deal) in addition to what they are paying Diggs. I think rookie WR(s) is the Bills plan.

It'd be a great fit though for sure.

Kyle Yates
BREAKING: Per @LegendSports7, 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested a trade.
Never heard of this source and no one else is reporting this, I'd say fake news here.
I've familiar with the source, not someone I follow, have come across a few tweets, not one to make up "fake news".

My guess is it's legit but also does not really mean anything. Have been several 49'ers to request trades over the years that don't get dealt, just a leverage ploy.

That's not to say he won't get traded, just that making a trade demand to the 49'ers has not lead to trades, like say it usually does with the Ravens.

Aiyuks latest IG story is a pic of him face-timing with Jayden Daniels and the caption is "brother said we got 6 days and it's fireworks"

Speculate away.

Fake news reports aside, he did do all that unfollow on social media stuff. There's certainly smoke.

There was a little chatter the Titans and Texans wanted him each of the last two off seasons. While much of that was just "a former 49er staff member is here" I still wonder. With Ridley and Diggs added, I wonder if the potential trade partners simply found another deal.

Should the Colts snipe the Jaguars and Steelers? I personally would if Bowers is taken by the Jets at 10. I feel the Colts will sign a DB in free agency after they restructured Buckner's contract, so I don't believe they are targeting a DB at 15. What I do know is they are targeting a pass catcher. The Colts have a history of trading with SF when they gave them a 1st for Buckner.

"The two teams who have reportedly pursued Aiyuk this offseason at the Jaguars and the Steelers, who own pick nos. 17 and 20, respectively. So if the 49ers trade Aiyuk, expect the trade to happen when one of those two teams are on the clock."

And then sign Dak to an extension worth $65M a year.
Not going to happen but still better than signing Wentz that yall loved. :wink:

that doesn't sound good
May I ask why? Are you hoping he goes somewhere else in a trade?

I think if he stays in SF it is good for him. Deebo and Kittle are getting older and have had trouble staying healthy. Aiyuk has a good connection with Purdy and could be his #1 target for the next 3+ years. Purdy and the system works well for Aiyuk in my opinion.

If he gets traded there is no guarantee it works out.

that doesn't sound good

I think if he stays in SF it is good for him. Deebo and Kittle are getting older and have had trouble staying healthy. Aiyuk has a good connection with Purdy and could be his #1 target for the next 3+ years. Purdy and the system works well for Aiyuk in my opinion.

I'm not exagerating in saying Aiyuk is in the best possible spot in San Francisco. A receiver like him, who's all about seperation, is best suited for an anticipation passer like Purdy. Last year he was like wr #10 or something on a team which passed only 400 something times. That number will only increase.

that doesn't sound good

Possibly @KellysHeroes thinks the phrasing ("it is our wish") sounds less than gung-ho about their willingness to comply with what Aiyuk wants.

that doesn't sound good

Possibly @KellysHeroes thinks the phrasing ("it is our wish") sounds less than gung-ho about their willingness to comply with what Aiyuk wants.
He's not going anywhere.

John Lynch on whether there's a chance Brandon Aiyuk will not be on the 49ers roster after the first round:

"I wouldn't anticipate that."

TJ Houshmandzadeh: "I've talked to BA. He don't want to leave San Francisco. He just wants to get paid. Just very simple. He just wants to be rewarded for the work that he's put in."

Nick Wagoner: "A new deal for Aiyuk would almost certainly mean minimal ($7-11 million) cap hits in the first couple of years. By the time those numbers spike in 2026, the following highly-paid Niners would no longer be under contract (barring extensions): George Kittle, Charvarius Ward, Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel."

that doesn't sound good

Ah ok that makes sense. Hard to figure out what he was getting at.

SF has a lot of highly paid players in Deebo, CMC and Kittle and that is just offense. I do agree that fitting in his contract could be tough. See what shakes out. I do hope he stays in SF. A trade to a crappy team worries me.

that doesn't sound good

He's not going anywhere.

John Lynch on whether there's a chance Brandon Aiyuk will not be on the 49ers roster after the first round:

TJ Houshmandzadeh: "I've talked to BA. He don't want to leave San Francisco. He just wants to get paid. Just very simple. He just wants to be rewarded for the work that he's put in."

Nick Wagoner: "A new deal for Aiyuk would almost certainly mean minimal ($7-11 million) cap hits in the first couple of years. By the time those numbers spike in 2026, the following highly-paid Niners would no longer be under contract (barring extensions): George Kittle, Charvarius Ward, Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel."
I am not a cap expert at all but I do know that Pittman's latest deal is a 3-year $70M including a $15M signing bonus. From what I can tell is the cap hits over the 3 years is $18M, $23M and then $29M in the final year. I know things can be reworked in the final year but the cap hit comment of $7-10M seems extremely low - Should be double that minimum.

SF has a lot of pricey players - see if they can make a deal work for Aiyuk. It will cost them.

that doesn't sound good

He's not going anywhere.

I am not a cap expert at all but I do know that Pittman's latest deal is a 3-year $70M including a $15M signing bonus. From what I can tell is the cap hits over the 3 years is $18M, $23M and then $29M in the final year. I know things can be reworked in the final year but the cap hit comment of $7-10M seems extremely low - Should be double that minimum.

SF has a lot of pricey players - see if they can make a deal work for Aiyuk. It will cost them.
SF's salary cap guy, Paraag Marathe, is a cap wizard known for structuring contracts with minimal cap hits early.

Deebos 3-year $71mil deal had cap hits of $6.8mil and $8.6mil the first 2 years.

Kittles 5-year $75mil deal had a cap hit of less than $6mil the first 2 years.

Bosas 5-year $170mil deal has cap hits of $11mil and $14 mil the first 2 years.

Warners 5-year $95mil deal had a cap hit of $3.6mil and $8mil the first 2 years.

I expect the same when they reach a deal with Aiyuk.

that doesn't sound good

He's not going anywhere.

SF's salary cap guy, Paraag Marathe, is a cap wizard known for structuring contracts with minimal cap hits early.

Deebos 3-year $71mil deal had cap hits of $6.8mil and $8.6mil the first 2 years.

Warners 5-year $95mil deal had a cap hit of $3.6mil and $8mil the first 2 years.

In each case cited here (Deebo, Kittle, Bosa, Warner), the first year mentioned was the last year of the player's existing contract before the contract extension. I'm not saying Marathe isn't good at his job (I have no idea), but it is fairly common for contract extensions to start out with relatively low cap hits in the "first two years" as defined here and build up over the successive contract years.

What is not common to all teams is the use of void years for bonuses, which seem to have been used for all of these players. So cap hits seem to remain somewhat lower than they might otherwise in part due to bonus money accounting in seasons after the contract's term. But that money all eventually comes due.

Last edited:
that doesn't sound good

He's not going anywhere.

Maybe they can work something out for the first year or 2 but here are the current cap hits:

Deebo - 2024 $28.6M, 2025 $24M
Kittle - 2024 $12M, 2025 $21.7M
Bosa - 2024 $14.6M, 2025 $20.5M, 2026 $42M, 2027 $52M
Warner - 2024 $12.6M, 2025 $29M, 2026 $26M
CMC - 2024 $14M, 2025 $14M

2025 starts getting really expensive for SF. Will be interesting to see what happens as they pushed back all these contracts/cap hits.

Maybe they can work something out for the first year or 2 but here are the current cap hits:

Deebo - 2024 $28.6M, 2025 $24M
Kittle - 2024 $12M, 2025 $21.7M
Bosa - 2024 $14.6M, 2025 $20.5M, 2026 $42M, 2027 $52M
Warner - 2024 $12.6M, 2025 $29M, 2026 $26M
CMC - 2024 $14M, 2025 $14M

2025 starts getting really expensive for SF. Will be interesting to see what happens as they pushed back all these contracts/cap hits.
Yeah, my point was just that they can dish out a big contract for a couple of years without a big cap hit.

They do have an out in Deebos contract after this season and I think he will be gone.

Kittle will prob sign an extension in that final year which will lower his 2025 cap number.

With Bosa and Warner I wouldn't be surprised if they both get their deals re-worked with more bonuses and less cap hit.

CMC probably has 2 years of elite play left, worth the hit until then.

With Purdys payday looming, they're not gonna be able to keep everyone, but I think they can keep almost everyone thru 2025. After that, this team is gonna look a lot different.

“"There is a sense among other high-ranking personnel executives around the league that Aiyuk, as one such executive put it, “is available for the right price.” To this point, the 49ers have asked for a 2024 first-round pick. “They want too much,” said the executive, whose team is in the market for a receiver."”

Silver is connected.
To be fair, most players are available for the right price.

If they trade Aiyuk, they're screwing with Purdys development/growth. Taking away his favorite target who he has great chemistry with would be criminal. Not to say he would take a huge step back, but it certainly wouldn't help him take a step forward.

“"There is a sense among other high-ranking personnel executives around the league that Aiyuk, as one such executive put it, “is available for the right price.” To this point, the 49ers have asked for a 2024 first-round pick. “They want too much,” said the executive, whose team is in the market for a receiver."”

Silver is connected.
A 2024 1st doesn’t seem like too high of a price for a WR the caliber of Aiyuk to me. There’s what, 4-5 WR’s projected to go in the 1st round Thursday? You gonna tell me a team would rather have all those guys over a talent like Aiyuk? I realize they’d have to to turn around a pay him, but we’re talking about a guy who’s already shown you he can produce at a high level.

I still don’t see him going anywhere.

4 years straight they’ve signed their dude. Every time it’s been in June or July. I could see them moving that timeline up a bit, but this is a team that’s in a SB window.

I just can’t see them moving off of Aiyuk in the middle of a SB window. Jennings isn’t the dude yet. Deebo is getting on in years and they have an out next year IIRC.

They’re going to extend Aiyuk. I’ll be shocked, and a little pissed, if they don’t.

Silver is connected.
Smoke meet fire.
Nah. Smoke meet more smoke. They’ve been talking about this on local radio all day. Unnamed executives, Aiyuk allegedly wanting to reset the receiver market in guaranteed $, yada yada yada.

It’s all smoke until it ain’t.

4 years straight they’ve signed their dude. Every time it’s been in June or July. I could see them moving that timeline up a bit, but this is a team that’s in a SB window.

I just can’t see them moving off of Aiyuk in the middle of a SB window. Jennings isn’t the dude yet. Deebo is getting on in years and they have an out next year IIRC.

They’re going to extend Aiyuk. I’ll be shocked, and a little pissed, if they don’t.
There’s no reason for this not to get done quickly unless Aiyuk is asking for something absurd (he’s good but not top of the market good) or the team is being aggressively cheap. No idea which is true, maybe both. SF was apparently willing to push Bosa to take a discount until the eve of the season despite it being clear from the outset that Bosa wasn’t moving off his position.

Saw a trade proposals on the internet yesterday.

To SF: 2024 #5 pick, 2024 #181 pick
To LAC: Aiyuk, 2024 #31 pick, 2024 #94 pick

Thought it was fair. SF can get a WR to replace Aiyuk at a controlled cost.

There’s no reason for this not to get done quickly unless Aiyuk is asking for something absurd (he’s good but not top of the market good) or the team is being aggressively cheap. No idea which is true, maybe both. SF was apparently willing to push Bosa to take a discount until the eve of the season despite it being clear from the outset that Bosa wasn’t moving off his position.

He's looking at DeVonta Smith money as a floor. 3 years, $75M with $51M guaranteed.

that doesn't sound good

He's not going anywhere.

I don't think it happens, just stuff to entertain us during the down period.

Saw a trade proposals on the internet yesterday.

To SF: 2024 #5 pick, 2024 #181 pick
To LAC: Aiyuk, 2024 #31 pick, 2024 #94 pick

Thought it was fair. SF can get a WR to replace Aiyuk at a controlled cost.

I don't see why the Chargers would trade Allen due to high cap hit and then give up valuable draft capital to trade for another WR who will require a high cap hit contract.

Users who are viewing this thread