What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Christian Watson, GB (1 Viewer)

As I said above the way I see it is the Packers entire WR corps is having an open audition to fill the Davante Adams hole in the offense.

Lazard has been doing his best but I think we have seen max Lazard at this point, he's fine, good even, but he's not the guy.

Of the guys on the roster, it seems like Watson is the only one who has the potential to become that guy.

Kid earns more trust every week he produces. Maybe that leads to more opportunities.

They use him in deep routes and they use him inside the 20, and inside the 10.

Not sure he'll generate much in a redraft trade but if you believe in him maybe you roll the dice and trade someone with more name recognition.
Last night Rogers threw a lateral pass to Watkins and Watkins dropped it ...Rogers made that face he makes when hes pissed and disgusted , we all know the face .
Then on the same drive i believe he threw the ball on an in route slant to Watkins and he scored , then at the end of the game on 4th down i believe he threw to Watkins for the much needed 1st down to stay alive and he caught it ....that tells me everything i need to know about Rogers mind set
Watson.

And I agree.

sorry...serious brain fart ...WATSON

You had me confused a bit but I figured. Just wanted to make sure we were watching the same thing as I can half pay attention at times and miss things.

I think I was rambling about other things last night that caught my attention.

And Watson did have trouble on a quick pass that Rodgers looked disgusted by. I wonder if he'd keep going back to the rookie if there were capable vets. Whatever the case may be, we won't know because Green Bay has Lazard and then really nothing other than a somewhat dependable Cobb when the other team isn't pressing.

Christian Watson caught 4-of-6 targets for 110 yards and one touchdown in the Packers' Week 12 loss to the Eagles.​

Watson was having a quiet night before he housed a slant for a 63-yard catch-and-run touchdown thrown by backup quarterback Jordan Love in the fourth quarter. He would add on more catch to get him over 100 yards receiving for the second time in his last three games, all of which have come with fellow rookie Romeo Doubs out of the lineup. Watson will look to keep his unreal momentum going when the Packers travel to Chicago to take on the Bears in Week 13.

rank first-year receivers on how you think they will perform the rest of the year:
Watson
Olave
Wilson
Burks

Olave probably the most consistent so far and he's the #1 guy on the Saints. But Andy...
Burks has been steady in recent weeks now that he's starting and may be the #1 guy on the Titans -- but they are a run-first team.
Wilson has had blow-up games, like yesterday! What does he do now with a QB who will throw to him?
And then Watson -- nice that he's being used, and we know he can't continue at this pace. But can he be a #1 guy in the GB offense and how does he rank against this cohort?

63 yard TD

@NextGenStats

11h

Christian Watson reached a top speed of 20.97 mph on his 63-yard TD reception, the fastest speed by a Packers' ball carrier this season.

Watson has reached 20+ mph on 12 plays from scrimmage this season, trailing only Tyreek Hill (18).
AND Watson has played 2 fewer games....AND he was barely involved in several of the other games. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened with Watson had Doubs not gotten hurt.

63 yard TD

@NextGenStats

11h

Christian Watson reached a top speed of 20.97 mph on his 63-yard TD reception, the fastest speed by a Packers' ball carrier this season.

Watson has reached 20+ mph on 12 plays from scrimmage this season, trailing only Tyreek Hill (18).
AND Watson has played 2 fewer games....AND he was barely involved in several of the other games. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened with Watson had Doubs not gotten hurt.
He’s a must start moving forward no? I love Olave but Watson hasn’t earned the right to be benched yet like Olave bc of his QB right?

63 yard TD

@NextGenStats

11h

Christian Watson
reached a top speed of 20.97 mph on his 63-yard TD reception, the fastest speed by a
Packers
' ball carrier this season.

Watson
has reached 20+ mph on 12 plays from scrimmage this season, trailing only
Tyreek Hill
(18).
AND
Watson
has played 2 fewer games....AND he was barely involved in several of the other games. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened with
Watson
had
Doubs
not gotten hurt.
He’s a must start moving forward no? I love
Olave
but
Watson
hasn’t earned the right to be benched yet like
Olave
bc of his QB right?
Well of course it all depends on who else you have on your roster n
63 yard TD

@NextGenStats

11h

He’s a must start moving forward no? I love Olave but Watson hasn’t earned the right to be benched yet like Olave bc of his QB right?
Of course it depends on whoever else you have but the kid has 3 good to great games in a row so yes I think in most teams he is a must start untill he either gets injured or has a couple of duds in a row. Olave is a tough one. Looked like the best wr in the legue first part of the year lately has still had some good games but also some bad ones. I would lean Olave still over watson unless he has a horrible matchup.

Seriously considering benching Watson rest of the way if Rodgers is going to be the guy.

Rodgers just ain't it this year. Came in and Love's stuff looked so crisp to all of us cause Rodger's hand is completely ####ed. Can't grip the ball properly (as was said on the broadcast, sideline report), just throwing ducks out there. That inability to get the ball deep takes away Watson's key ability. Plus it's Rodgers, who is going to be Rodgers. That entails holding unnecessary grudges against his own receivers, being over reliant on old, familiar guys like Cobb, etc.

I have Pickens or DPJ with Watson coming in that I'm much more interested in to switch to my flex spot.

Seriously considering benching Watson rest of the way if Rodgers is going to be the guy.

Rodgers just ain't it this year. Came in and Love's stuff looked so crisp to all of us cause Rodger's hand is completely ####ed. Can't grip the ball properly (as was said on the broadcast, sideline report), just throwing ducks out there. That inability to get the ball deep takes away Watson's key ability. Plus it's Rodgers, who is going to be Rodgers. That entails holding unnecessary grudges against his own receivers, being over reliant on old, familiar guys like Cobb, etc.

I have Pickens or DPJ with Watson coming in that I'm much more interested in to switch to my flex spot.
It's an interesting consideration for sure. Love targeted Watson 3 times on 9 attempts, Rodgers 3 times on 16 attempts.

Then again Rodgers did manage to hit the kid for 5 TDs in two games so...

Didn't Rodgers throw 5 of his 6 TDs? Wasn't at least one of these TDs a deep ball? I think Watson will be just fine with Aaron Rodgers as his QB

Didn't Rodgers throw 5 of his 6 TDs? Wasn't at least one of these TDs a deep ball? I think Watson will be just fine with Aaron Rodgers as his QB
We all know Watson's been on an unsustainable rate the past few weeks. I'd like to think we can all agree on that.

And yes Rodgers did, but that was before he messed up his ribs (on top of the hand issue). "couldn't really breathe and couldn't really rotate my body"

Rotating your torso, swinging your hips into throws etc, is kind of an essential piece to playing QB. Of course he's going to try and tough it out. It's what these guys do.

Christian Watson caught 3-of-6 passes for 48 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' Week 13 win over the Bears, adding one rush for 46 yards and a touchdown.​

Aaron Rodgers peppered Watson with low-probability deep shots in the first half, though their only meaningful connection came on a 14-yard touchdown. Laughing in the face of math itself, Watson scored his eighth touchdown in the past four weeks on an end around to ice the game. The defense never saw it coming and Watson galloped into the end zone for a 46-yard score. Though his touchdown totals will regress one day, Watson has been electric since returning to the lineup. He will rank as a high-upside WR2 versus the Rams after Green Bay's Week 14 bye.
Dec 4, 2022, 4:22 PM ET

Next week will be a tough one…

I'd forgotten for a moment that they had a bye. Now I'm smashing my head against the desk. I need to win the game I have next week, and he's now a piece that has become vital to my chances. It's sort of funny how that happened, but it did.

Christian Watson reached a top speed of 21.72 mph on his 46-yd TD run, tying DeSean Jackson for the fastest speed by a WR this season.

Watson has reached 20+ mph on 6 of 30 offensive touches this season (20%), the highest rate in the NFL (min. 10 touches).

Next Gen stats

Was gonna start a RB in my flex today, I am on track to break our leagues season long rush yards record, but put in Watson and he busts one open.

Is there anything he can’t do?

I completely faded him thinking he can't keep doing this, yet he keeps doing it. I still expect some duds coming up but who knows.
Ditto. I am the genius who looked at targets and yards... and counting on td regression, I dropped him for Treylon Burks a couple of weeks ago. :kicksrock:

Who would have thought in Week Four that we'd be lamenting this guy's bye week because it takes an integral part of our offenses away. Guy has averaged 25 points per game his last four weeks. That's ludicrous. Or, as the movie Spaceballs once intoned, "take us to ludicrous speed!"

I spent 100% of my remaining FAAB ($38) on him after the Dallas game. Might have been the most I've ever spent on a player.

The peripherals are not great, but I've started him and benefited from the unsustainable TD pace. Not benching as long as Rodgers keeps taking shots toward him (most of the game was a ton of air yards and not much to show for it.)

Who would have thought in Week Four that we'd be lamenting this guy's bye week because it takes an integral part of our offenses away. Guy has averaged 25 points per game his last four weeks. That's ludicrous. Or, as the movie Spaceballs once intoned, "take us to ludicrous speed!"

this dude has gone to Plaid

last 4 weeks:
  1. Adams
  2. Jefferson
  3. Watson

Christian Watson reached a top speed of 21.72 mph on his 46-yd TD run, tying DeSean Jackson for the fastest speed by a WR this season.

Watson has reached 20+ mph on 6 of 30 offensive touches this season (20%), the highest rate in the NFL (min. 10 touches).

Next Gen stats
Wut? Seriously? Dude is 36 years old, and an old 36 at that, and he still brings that kind of speed?

That's crazy.

Next Gen stats
Wut? Seriously? Dude is 36 years old, and an old 36 at that, and he still brings that kind of speed?

That's crazy.

IKR - not surprising though, every time I've seen him the last couple years (he have to be quick, he'll pull a hammy every 10 snaps) it's so obvious he's still the fastest guy on the field

Christian Watson caught 4-of-6 targets for 46 yards in the Packers' Week 15 win over the Rams.​

Watson had a chance to extend his touchdown streak to five games, but he ran the wrong route at the goal line with less than two minutes to go and Aaron Rodgers tossed the ball into the dirt. Watson never even saw the pass coming. After the game, Rodgers said, "you want to score touchdowns, you run the right routes." That's never a great thing to hear from your back-to-back MVP quarterback, but Green Bay came away with the win anyway. Watson also drew a handful of crucial penalty calls in this game, something he has shown an ability to do all year. He will look to rebound with a better fantasy outing next week. Facing the Dolphins, he will rank as a volatile WR2.
Dec 19, 2022, 11:28 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread