What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Courtland Sutton, DEN (3 Viewers)

Sutton had 5 solid games in a row and then 1 clunker, and you're all pronouncing him dead?

1 game is a data point. It's not even a trend.

Good point. I think the overall impression of the DEN offense and Wilson's play casts a shadow on all the Broncos, but you're absolutely right... Sutton has had a pretty good season so far and the ROS schedule looks very kind to WRs.

Sutton had 5 solid games in a row and then 1 clunker, and you're all pronouncing him dead?

1 game is a data point. It's not even a trend.

I don't think anyone is jumping off a bridge in redraft. Any frustration you're picking up is the 5-year Courtland Sutton experience in dynasty. Clearly the talent is there and the rookie year buzz was largely justified. The frustration is with the Broncos QB situation that never seems to get solved, along with his own injuries mixed in. For instance, Russ figuring things out at week 12 and looking like vintage Russ, only to see Sutton go down the next game would be par for the course on this ride.

With all of the byes this week I have to start him, but I'm concerned that his Sauce experience may not go very well.

Courtland Sutton caught 3-of-9 targets for 23 yards in the Broncos' Week 7 loss to the Jets.

Already struggling in recent weeks as Russell Wilson's slump deepened, Sutton was not helped by the insertion of Brett Rypien under center, who could not find Sutton in tight windows as he dealt with strong coverage from Sauce Gardner. Rypien did at least try, including on a late fourth quarter end zone target that came on fourth down. Sutton was a play or two away from a much better day, but that just isn't how things are going for the Broncos right now. Bad as Wilson has been, Sutton needs him back for Week 8 against the Jaguars.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Any trouble with the Denver receivers starts and ends with Hackett & Russell Wilson.

Courtland had a bad drop, for sure, but his first two targets were terrible decisions by Russ and he had one catch. Four targets, only four, that's on Russ and Hackett.

I am not optimistic about any Bronco RoS but to say this guy is washed up is silly.

I think the pecking order is clear
1)G Dulcich

2)everyone else
This week Jeudy 7 targets Dulcich 5
last week Jeudy 11 targets Dulcich 9
Your sarcasm meter is down. But honestly, I’d feel more comfortable to have Dulcich in my lineup at his position than Jeudy. Jeudy lacks consistency and still is tops in drops.
TE is a suck position this year for sure. I knew during the draft people were making a mistake taking Mcbride while I was taking Likely and Woods. I was lucky to get Dulcich in 2 leagues

I'm dropping him with his bye this week...Cooks and Meyers on my bench...and needing a spot for a RB.

Only thing I see remotely helping him this year is a Jeudy trade. His usage is mind boggling.
Total speculation, but it seems like earlier this year they were targeting him a lot, and then teams started scheming to take him out. Maybe it's either that he's not good enough -- or Hackett's not creative enough -- to produce when he's the focus of the defense?

Only thing I see remotely helping him this year is a Jeudy trade. His usage is mind boggling.
Total speculation, but it seems like earlier this year they were targeting him a lot, and then teams started scheming to take him out. Maybe it's either that he's not good enough -- or Hackett's not creative enough -- to produce when he's the focus of the defense?
Very possible that it's all of the above. I am hoping the bye week is used as some "get right" time. I mean his targets against the Jets were great with 9 but 6 catches on 16 targets the last 3 weeks is just not getting it done even as a WR3 or flex.

I'm done pretending this guy is a victim of his situation and a high end fantasy WR2 waiting to happen. Yes, it's a terrible situation, but he would be a bigger part of the solution if he was the talent I thought I had.

I'm ready to start thinking of him as a premium throw-in to close on a more meaningful trade. Top 50 overall dynasty asset on fantasypros consensus. That's criminally over-rated and will be corrected as the updates roll in, but if any of leaguemates treat that as gospel I'm going to try to extract as much of that value as possible before I'm left with nothing but a WR that has been out-produced by Marquez Callaway (2021) and Mack Hollins (2022).

Barely survived this guy this week and that's on me. Classic case of weekly projections that are lagging behind what is actually happening right now. If he goes off for 14 points on my bench, so be it.

I haven't watched many of his games this year--is he that bad? His numbers looked solid the first few games and I attributed his recent drop-off to Wilson's injury/poor play...I'd love to hear some film analysis

Crystal
I feel it's clear as mud. They've been talking about trading Jeudy for 2 weeks now. Neither him or Sutton are anything more than WR3s in FF. But the pimping of Judy continues. Glad I don't have either of these guys on my roster honestly.
Not sure - I think Jeudy owners have to be happy with his ascension while Sutton has declined. Especially considering Jeudy looked like a clear afterthought early in the season.

Crystal
I feel it's clear as mud. They've been talking about trading Jeudy for 2 weeks now. Neither him or Sutton are anything more than WR3s in FF. But the pimping of Judy continues. Glad I don't have either of these guys on my roster honestly.
Not sure - I think Jeudy owners have to be happy with his ascension while Sutton has declined. Especially considering Jeudy looked like a clear afterthought early in the season.
Just noting that "ascension" and "decline" are both in the relative context of an offense averaging 200-ish passing yards and 15 points / game.

Cecil got this one incredibly wrong.
Incredible whiff

Didn't he also whiff on a Denver WR in the not so distant past (w/in the past 5 years)

Proud owner of Juwann Winfree in all seven of my dynasty leagues. Just you wait!!

Frank Reich on Colts. Cecil Lammey on Broncos WRs. I do enjoy the latter and won't be tuning him out, but I probably need to put a little less stock into the things that these guys say about these players going forward.

Certainly seemed poised to do so with Wilson coming to town. That has obviously not worked out as many thought it would. I am not sure I want to own either of Sutton or Jeudy unless it’s in best ball. My guess is they continue to rotate hot hands making it crapshoot which one does better each week. Maybe if Hackett gets fired this offense can get out of the cellar.

SMU WR Courtland Sutton produced a composite score in the 86th percentile in the NFL Scouting Combine.

Sutton's 4.54 second 40-yard dash score helped -- especially considering his size (6'3/218). He also impressed with his jumps and held his own in the shuttles, making his one of the more complete testers at the position. Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom ranks Sutton at the top of his wide receiver position board, and we're guessing he didn't see anything in his workouts that suggests he'll be dropping from that spot.

Mar 5 - 9:16 PM

Source: 3 Sigma Athlete
Ugg, I drafted both these knuckleheads.

5-81 on six targets so far.

There have been worse performances.
Yea but it’s his best in 7 weeks, with no Jeudy, vs the Raiders…he’s useless from here on.
Not his fault. Russ flat out stinks
I will take today filling in for Waddle. I wasn’t expecting much obviously. He is back to the bench of being replaced for someone else. I halve no intention of starting him again so why not roll the dice on someone else. He seems like a decent WR but Wilson is done.

Users who are viewing this thread