What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeVante Parker, Retired (1 Viewer)

DeVante Parker (shoulder, hamstring) is making the Dolphins' Week 6 trip to London. 

As is CB Xavien Howard (shoulder, groin). Neither player would be making the transatlantic flight if they did not have a chance to play, so it bodes well for both their odds of suiting up. Parker's return from his Week 5 absence would come with Tua Tagovailoa likely reclaiming his place under center. With the Dolphins hurting for quality targets, Parker would have strong WR4 appeal in a plus matchup with the Jags. 

RELATED: 

Xavien Howard

SOURCE: Daniel Oyefusi on Twitter

DeVante Parker (shoulder, hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

Parker is back at practice after missing two games. He isn't guaranteed to suit up versus the Falcons but his limited participation is still a good sign. In Parker's absence, Jaylen Waddle and Mike Gesicki have been the focal points of Miami's passing game. The two have combined for 34 targets over the previous two weeks. Once Parker is back, both players should see a slight downtick in receiving volume. Waddle and Parker rank as high-end WR3 options this week, assuming Parker is active.

Oct 20, 2021, 4:38 PM ET

Speaking Thursday, DeVante Parker (shoulder, hamstring) declined to guarantee he will suit up for Week 8 against the Bills. 

"We have to wait and see what happens," Parker said Thursday. "Injuries happen." This was after he said he "felt good." Parker is once again practicing on a limited basis after missing the Dolphins' past three games. If Parker does suit up as a two-touchdown road 'dog in Buffalo, he will be an uninspiring WR4 behind Jaylen Waddle. Fantasy managers should have little confidence Parker could complete a 60-minute contest right now. 

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter 

Oct 28, 2021, 2:19 PM ET

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports DeVante Parker is among the receivers who have "been discussed" in potential trades ahead of the NFL's November 2 trade deadline. 

Breer mentioned the Lions and Saints as team's potentially interested in acquiring a wideout at the deadline, which would make sense for two of the worst receiver groups in the league. It's hard to see either team champing at the bit to get Parker, who has struggled through shoulder and hamstring issues this season. Parker has, however, been productive when on the field this year, catching 17 of 32 targets for 242 yards and a touchdown in three and a half games. Parker, 28, is signed with Miami through the 2023 season. He would instantly become a target hog in Detroit, and would be New Orleans' No. 1 wideout until Michael Thomas (ankle) returns. 

Pro Football Network's Adam Beasley said DeVante Parker is "on track" to play in Week 8 against the Bills. 

Parker on Thursday was noncommittal about suiting up against Buffalo as he struggles with hamstring and shoulder injuries. A limited practice on Friday would make him likely to play in a game where Miami will be forced to throw a lot against the high-powered and heavily favored Bills. Parker would be a decent high-end WR3 option if he plays a full complement of snaps against Buffalo. He caught five of nine targets for 42 yards when the Dolphins played the Bills in Week 2. 

SOURCE: Adam Beasly on Twitter

DeVante Parker (hamstring) is questionable for Week 8 against the Bills.

Parker was limited in practice throughout the week and is reportedly "on track" to return against Buffalo. Recording 5/42 on nine targets in Week 2 in the first matchup between these two teams this year, Parker should be viewed as an explosive WR3/4 in his return to the field (if active).

SOURCE: Marcel Louis-Jacques on Twitter

Oct 29, 2021, 5:06 PM ET

Anyone rolling him out if he's active?  I'm looking for any kind of upside spark with my other options being Arob and Slayton.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeVante Parker (hamstring) is expected to play in Week 8 against the Bills.

Parker's last game was in Week 4. Up until his injury, he had been averaging eight targets and 60.5 receiving yards per game. His return will give Tua Tagovailoa and the entire offense a much-needed boost as they get the daunting task of keeping up with Josh Allen this week. Once Parker is officially made active, he'll be a solid WR3 option for fantasy purposes. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 31, 2021, 9:01 AM ET

Sat him cause y'know....coming off a dual injury for the first time in a month...against the #1 fantasy defense against WRs. So what does he do? His best game of the year.

Bum.

DeVante Parker (hamstring) returned to practice on Wednesday.

With Parker's return to practice, the Dolphins have opened his window to return from injured reserve. They now have 21 days to add him to the active roster. It's possible that Parker makes his return in Week 13 against the Giants, but the Dolphins don't have to make that official until Saturday afternoon. Parker would be a WR3 if available for Week 13.

SOURCE: Daniel Oyefusi on Twitter

Dec 1, 2021, 12:14 PM ET

anyone else trusting him this week?
There seems to be chemistry developing with Waddle and Tua at the NFL level now, I think Parker needs to stay healthy for several weeks to get the timing down with TUA, he's largely missed most of the season and had very little impact when he has been on the field.

-Last year Parker looked like a big time Pro-Receiver with Fitz and has never looked explosive with Tua, I'm speaking as a Phinsfan who watches almost every snap, like Parker in general but it hasn't been a match yet with Tua.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes- trusting him. WR3 is a crapshoot anyways and this guy has WR2 upside anytime he's on the field, even with Waddle. The targets are pretty concentrated at the WR level for Tua, sprinkling in TE targets 

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that "several teams" have shown interest in Dolphins WR DeVante Parker.

The Eagles were singled out in this report. After bringing in Tyreek Hill, Parker has clearly faltered in importance to the Dolphins. Philadelphia struck out on major wideouts in free agency, bringing in only Zach Pascal. Parker has a $8.7 million cap hit for 2022, but it will only be around $6 million for a team acquiring him, and he could restructure as part of a trade. He's entering his age-29 season and could be a boost for another team while recouping a small bit of the draft value Miami gave up for Hill.  

RELATED: 

Philadelphia Eagles

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter

Mar 24, 2022, 2:42 PM ET

Dolphins GM Chris Grier said he expects WR DeVante Parker to be on the team this year but will listen to calls about a trade for him.

Grier added that teams have made inquiries about Parker following Miami's trade for Tyreek Hill. Parker's jump-ball skills were always a mismatch for Tua Tagovailoa and his team has added three new receivers in less than 12 months. With Jaylen Waddle and Hill locked into starting roles, Parker will be fighting with Cedrick Wilson for snaps if he remains on the roster. Other teams will make better use of Parker while the Dolphins, who are now light on draft capital, can turn the extra draft pick into a player at a position of greater need. The Eagles are a team that has already been linked to the veteran receiver. Parker would slot in as the team's clear No. 2 option if he lands in Philly.

RELATED: 

Philadelphia Eagles

SOURCE: Adam Beasley on Twitter

Mar 28, 2022, 3:58 PM ET

$8.7M Salary which is peanuts for a WR these days and the fact they save $6M in cap space if they release him after June 1st, teams likely are not going to trade a whole lot for a guy that is a WR4 on the Miami Dolphins. I bet Grier has been trying to trade the guy for a while now. 

Jump ball is a nice way of saying Parker does not get a lot of separation plus he always draws the No 1 CB of opposing teams, well he did previously but this year he would have Hill and Waddle on the field with him, he likely will not be top priority for most Defenses. 

Parker should run to Green Bay and be an extra pair of reliable hands for AR who can exploit what he does well. Fitzpatrick made him look like a borderline Pro Bowler. 

$8.7M Salary which is peanuts for a WR these days and the fact they save $6M in cap space if they release him after June 1st, teams likely are not going to trade a whole lot for a guy that is a WR4 on the Miami Dolphins. I bet Grier has been trying to trade the guy for a while now. 

Jump ball is a nice way of saying Parker does not get a lot of separation plus he always draws the No 1 CB of opposing teams, well he did previously but this year he would have Hill and Waddle on the field with him, he likely will not be top priority for most Defenses. 

Parker should run to Green Bay and be an extra pair of reliable hands for AR who can exploit what he does well. Fitzpatrick made him look like a borderline Pro Bowler. 
GB should send them a 6th and just get it done.

GB should send them a 6th and just get it done.
Looks like Cleveland-Baker, Miami-Parker, teams are delusional if they think they are going to get a lot in a trade when they have massively upgraded the position and suddenly have back ups they are trying to get starter trade value. 

5h-Conditional and if he starts 12-13-14 games, whatever the number because he gets injured often. 

Looks like Cleveland-Baker, Miami-Parker, teams are delusional if they think they are going to get a lot in a trade when they have massively upgraded the position and suddenly have back ups they are trying to get starter trade value. 

5h-Conditional and if he starts 12-13-14 games, whatever the number because he gets injured often. 
As a Phins fan, I hope that happens

“Patriots acquired WR DeVante Parker and a 2022 fifth-round pick from the Dolphins for a 2023 third-round pick.”

Pats have a knack for these deals. This might not make a lot of headlines but this is a great pickup IMO.

Not sure why GB was not involved in deal like this, would make a lot of more sense for them 

I agree. And with the losses they have sustained in FA so far this year they should be getting back a bunch of comp picks next year.

I  think GB believes they can do better with that third round pick and $5M'ish in cap space and I think they can.

It should be pretty telling that Miami had no qualms sending Parker to help a division rival.

I cut him two days ago in last league I had him, this trade absolutely is not giving me second thoughts about that decision.
Pats run a ton, but they need a chain mover. Parker’s had some trouble staying on the field.

assuming this is one of those short-roster leagues, probably won’t regret it too much. Mac Jones isn’t like a huge upgrade. 

Patriots acquired WR DeVante Parker and a 2022 fifth-round pick from the Dolphins for a 2023 third-round pick.

The Patriots had been active on the trade market, checking in with the Panthers about WR Robby Anderson at the Combine. Parker had interest from the Eagles in addition to the Patriots but will stay in the AFC East. It's a good landing spot for Parker, as he wouldn't have been higher than the No. 3 option in Miami. Mac Jones doesn't offer much in terms of a quarterback upgrade, and the Patriots are one of the league's most run-heavy teams, but Parker has a clearer path to targets in New England. Parker, who has two years and $17 million remaining on his contract, may end up a one-year rental with only $2.7 million of his 2023 salary guaranteed.

RELATED: 

Miami Dolphins

SOURCE: NFL Network

Apr 2, 2022, 1:10 PM ET

Cheap, too. I just read that only $2.7M is guaranteed. (Well, WR cheap that is.)
Parker's catch in game 1 in 2021 sealed the game for Miami. Trades within the division are uncommon. 

This sets up Miami with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the 2023 draft, including 2bin the first. Maybe insurance in case Tua is not the answer. 2023 is deep for QBs. What about other positions?

Injury guys who can't stay healthy don't lose all their scar tissue when they change teams.

Parker is a coulda-been to me. I remember reading about how he wasn't serious about being a pro early in his career. Diet, working out, etc. He was immature. He wised up, but the the injuries piled up. Things could have been a lot better if things had broken differently for him, but they didn't. 

Good point, though didn't they do the same thing with Wes Welker? 

I think it's a good landing spot for Parker if he can stay on the field. If if if.
Yep. Healthy, Parker is their #1 right now. Of course if you find a healthy Parker, take a picture, it lasts longer. 

As I posted in the Miami thread, happy that Parker will get to work alongside one of the greatest coaches of all time, no matter what your spin on BB. He has better hands and can make catches in very tight spaces, what he can't do is separate or gain separation from avg DBs and so he has to be able to make those catches where it doesn't exactly look like he's open. That is a difficult thing for QBs that have trust issues coming into the NFL. Miami brought in Waddle, Wilson and Tyreek Hill in the last 12 months, obviously they know Tua needs to see wide open WRs, something Parker could not offer. 

-You want the truth? He's a terrible match for young QBs still on rookie contracts. His best games and seasons were with Vet QBs, most of us down here thought he should be a shoe in for Indy with Matt Ryan landing there. Just our take and we're a salty fan base so what would we know? 

Cheers everybody!

Users who are viewing this thread