What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeVante Parker, Retired (1 Viewer)

It's at a dangerous point if you are in Dynasty. 

In redraft you absolutely cannot play Parker right now with Tua under Center, no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way no way....
Nice channeling of The Shining here,  but I fully agree. Tua has no interest in force feeding Parker and no sign of changing any time soon.

Looks like I found my roster spot to drop...no way I play this guy, especially when he faces NE week 15 and their Gilmore/Jackson CB duo.

So anybody who rolled him out survived the goose egg? I begrudgingly started him due to a lack of better options but was dreading it all week. Not surprised he busted, but the goose egg was just cruel. Luckily I started Gesicki so I still have a chance to pull out the W this week (it’s gonna be very close), but obviously to anyone who survives this week, this guy cannot in any form be used in starting lineups going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
So anybody who rolled him out survived the goose egg? I begrudgingly started him due to a lack of better options but was dreading it all week. Not surprised he busted, but the goose egg was just cruel. Luckily I started Gesicki so I still have a chance to pull out the W this week (it’s gonna be very close), but obviously to anyone who survives this week, this guy cannot in any form be used in starting lineups going forward.
Made the last minute decision to start Coutee over Parker.  Later I made the decision to trade Parker for Johnny Manziel and a kick in the pants...HUGE improvement for my team.

Well after that late game and James Connor’s near goose egg, it looks like these two clowns (along with Godwin) will probably bounce me out of the playoffs. For all of the stressing over how Tua ruined this guy, I forgot how injury prone and in and out of games he can be. Just another reason not to start him. He could have saved us all a lot of trouble and losses if he had just gotten hurt like Preston Williams. Live and learn I guess.

DeVante Parker has a "slight" hamstring strain and is uncertain for this week's game against the Patriots. 

Parker left Week 14's game against Kansas City in the first quarter and did not return. His absence -- along with Jakeem Grant leaving the game with a hamstring injury -- opened up snaps and targets for rookie WR Lynn Bowden, who led the Dolphins with nine targets against KC. Bowden has functioned as the team's primary slot receiver of late. He would be an intriguing Week 15 flex option if Parker or Grant are inactive against New England. Miami wide receivers coach Josh Grizzard said Tuesday that Bowden now has a grasp of the entire playbook, which might have something to do with his increased usage. 

RELATED: 

Lynn Bowden

, Jakeem Grant

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Dec 15, 2020, 11:04 AM ET

DeVante Parker (hamstring) is questionable for Week 15 against the Patriots.

It sounds like both Mike Gesicki (shoulder) and Parker are trending towards playing after limited practices to close the week. The latter has totaled just four catches from Tua Tagovailoa in Miami's last two games but did drop multiple 50-50 balls thrown in his direction in that stretch. Sunday's sluggish affair against the Patriots still projects Parker as a low-end WR2 if active.

SOURCE: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Dec 18, 2020, 1:09 PM ET

Is anyone rolling with him this week? Over whom?

I just benched him for James Washington (he'll be playing alongside diontae for me). Thanks to Michael Thomas and Ronald jones being out. :rant:

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Dolphins are "hopeful" that DeVante Parker (hamstring, questionable) will play in Week 15 against the Patriots.

Pelissero added that the team does not expect Jakeem Grant (hamstring) to play. That leaves the No. 2 receiver role up for grabs and it's likely that Lynn Bowden is the next man up. A former college quarterback, Bowden logged seven receptions for 82 yards in Week 14 with most of Miami's notable pass-catchers leaving the game at some point. Parker gets a difficult matchup with Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore but remains a WR2 because of his volume. Bowden is a deep FLEX option versus New England.

RELATED: 

Jakeem Grant

, Lynn Bowden

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Dec 20, 2020, 8:45 AM ET

Source says the dolphins will be without Parker, Jakeem Grant and Gesicki per Ian Rapoport 

Dolphins WR DeVante Parker (hamstring) is inactive for Week 15 against the Patriots. 

As are Mike Gesicki (shoulder) and Jakeem Grant (hamstring). It leaves Tua Tagovailoa drastically short-handed against rookie quarterback dominator Bill Belichick. Lynn Bowden could see 10-plus targets after last week's heavy usage. Beyond Bowden, there is little of note for fantasy, though Mack Hollins could be a deep league desperation play. Joining the Dolphins' three important pass catchers on the shelf are FB Chandler Cox, DE Jason Strowbridge and OG Ereck Flowers. 

SOURCE: Armando Salguero on Twitter 

Dec 20, 2020, 11:29 AM ET

Just dropped Parker from my keeper league (keep 8). Very disappointing year, little chemistry with Tua, constantly banged up, and expect the Dolphins to add a big time receiver in FA/draft to help Tua develop.

zamboni said:
Just dropped Parker from my keeper league (keep 8). Very disappointing year, little chemistry with Tua, constantly banged up, and expect the Dolphins to add a big time receiver in FA/draft to help Tua develop.
They're in the perfect spot to add his old teammate.

DeVante Parker (hamstring) was "limited" in Tuesday's practice. 

As were Mike Gesicki (shoulder) and Jakeem Grant (hamstring). None of the three suited up in Week 15, but they all seem to have a decent shot at returning against the Raiders on Saturday evening. Tua Tagovailoa's receiver corps is laughably thin right now. Parker would be in the low-end WR2 mix if he can get cleared for an all-systems-go matchup. 

Dec 22, 2020, 3:38 PM ET

DeVante Parker (hamstring) practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday.

Parker missed Week 15 with the same injury and did get in limited sessions before that contest. With the Dolphins in the thick of the playoff hunt and facing a Raiders defense that scares no one, getting back Parker and Mike Gesicki would be a massive boost for the explosiveness of the offense.

Dec 23, 2020, 8:40 PM ET

Inactive in the money weeks of 15 and 16, can't tell you how much this cleared out my path so I didn't have to waste a spot on him in the Flex telling myself he would connect with Tua, you gotta give a lot of credit to Parker knowing just the right time to get out of the way. 

Ministry of Pain said:
Inactive in the money weeks of 15 and 16, can't tell you how much this cleared out my path so I didn't have to waste a spot on him in the Flex telling myself he would connect with Tua, you gotta give a lot of credit to Parker knowing just the right time to get out of the way. 
Give a lot of credit to Parker?   He had another disappointing season full of injuries and let downs for his owners.   Miami needs to find a real WR for Tua.  

DeVante Parker caught 7-of-14 targets for 116 yards in Week 17 against the Bills.

This was just the third game of 10-plus targets for Parker this season. The Dolphins' WR1 certainly didn't match his 2019 totals (72-1,202-9 TDs) as the team elected to transition to a rookie quarterback and absorbed a defensive identity, but Parker clearly looked like the team's best offensive piece and remains a player worth building with. All in all, Parker contributed 63 catches for 793 yards and four touchdowns on 103 targets during the 2020 regular season, and likely will be viewed as a WR2/3 ahead of next year.

- Rotoworld

Would not buy with a two unless it was late in the year and a championship was in the balance or something. He's instantly the WR3 on that team given the Fuller signing and the draft. He didn't exactly click with Tua last year, either.

I don’t make DO NOT DRAFT lists bc everyone has value at a certain ADP. But I have Fuller low enough that I probably won’t see him bubble up on my cheat sheet and I have Smith (PHI) significantly higher than Waddle. Parker is further down my ranks than consensus.

Miami has a good defense and should be able to run the ball but I don’t have a good sense how good Tua will be. I’m underwhelmed by the WR prospects in redraft this year.

Would not buy with a two unless it was late in the year and a championship was in the balance or something. He's instantly the WR3 on that team given the Fuller signing and the draft. He didn't exactly click with Tua last year, either.
I obtained Fuller in Dynasty last year and he was amazing until he got suspended. 

I was thrilled to see he was leaving Houston with the Watson shenanigans. I was decidedly less thrilled to see him land in Miami. 

Until Tua shows anything resembling a big-armed QB who's ready for the NFL passing game, every MIA WR is going to be very difficult to trade at anything resembling value, and starting any of them as anything other than a dice-roll flex play will be difficult as well. 

Agree that I wouldn't pay a 2nd for Parker. For one, dude can't stay on the field due to soft tissue injuries. And like you said, Fuller + draft = 3rd option in an already questionable passing offense. 

I obtained Fuller in Dynasty last year and he was amazing until he got suspended. 

I was thrilled to see he was leaving Houston with the Watson shenanigans. I was decidedly less thrilled to see him land in Miami. 

Until Tua shows anything resembling a big-armed QB who's ready for the NFL passing game, every MIA WR is going to be very difficult to trade at anything resembling value, and starting any of them as anything other than a dice-roll flex play will be difficult as well. 

Agree that I wouldn't pay a 2nd for Parker. For one, dude can't stay on the field due to soft tissue injuries. And like you said, Fuller + draft = 3rd option in an already questionable passing offense. 
Due to these soft tissue injuries you mentioned (just applied to Fuller in this case), Parker could also easily become the #2 option, albeit in a questionable passing offense you mentioned. Not saying you value him incorrectly because I agree with you, just saying the injuries could easily creep up on Fuller.

Due to these soft tissue injuries you mentioned (just applied to Fuller in this case), Parker could also easily become the #2 option, albeit in a questionable passing offense you mentioned. Not saying you value him incorrectly because I agree with you, just saying the injuries could easily creep up on Fuller.
Oh, I fully agree. They've plagued Fuller every year except his contract season. Whether illegal substances had anything to do with that or not remains a question, but there's no doubt that both players have been plagued throughout their careers. 

Parker's hammies have been a chronic issue every year except 1 if I recall correctly. 

Dumped him for 4.2 and 4.5 - 4.2 was OTC and I scooped up Nico Collins (right before his hype started picking up and he shot into 2nd rd ADP) and Rhamondre Stevenson.  Was pretty happy with the yield, and happy to have the eyesore off my roster.

Dumped him for 4.2 and 4.5 - 4.2 was OTC and I scooped up Nico Collins (right before his hype started picking up and he shot into 2nd rd ADP) and Rhamondre Stevenson.  Was pretty happy with the yield, and happy to have the eyesore off my roster.
You probably got lucky getting Nico there, but I have to believe you could’ve got more than two 4ths for Parker. I’m probably just holding and hoping he sparks up some chemistry with Tua at that point. 

You probably got lucky getting Nico there, but I have to believe you could’ve got more than two 4ths for Parker. I’m probably just holding and hoping he sparks up some chemistry with Tua at that point. 
I only made the move because Nico was there and I felt like I was getting good value, as this was about 5 weeks ago right when his ADP began to spike.  Parker was prob WR6 for me on a fairly deep team so wanted to reshuffle for some younger assets, but like most conversations, all of this is situational/roster dependent.  

DeVante Parker caught 4-of-7 targets for 81 yards in the Dolphins' Week 1 win over the Patriots. 

With Stephon Gilmore out for the Patriots and Will Fuller out for the Dolphins, Parker got to have a traditional No. 1 receiver day in a defensive slugfest. Parker unsurprisingly used his size to his advantage as the Dolphins ground out a rugged road victory. With Fuller coming back for Week 2, however, Parker isn't going to have much WR4 juice as Fuller and first-round pick Jaylen Waddle both settle into the offense. Miami will be hosting the Bills' top-notch D. 

DeVante Parker caught 4-of-7 targets for 42 yards in Miami's Week 3 overtime loss to the Raiders.

Parker has totaled 23 targets through Miami's first three games but has yet to score a touchdown while playing alongside both Jaylen Waddle (12/58) and Will Fuller (3/20). With a wider target tree than expected from Jacoby Brissett, Parker's seven targets, third-most on the team Sunday, are safe but severely underwhelming. He can't be considered anything more than a WR4/5 with Brissett under center moving forward.

DeVante Parker (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

The Dolphins have been listing Parker with a shoulder injury since the start of the year but this is the first time he's logged anything other than a full practice. Still, it's safe to assume he'll continue playing through the injury. With Will Fuller (hand) hitting injured reserve, Parker's role should continue to grow in the coming weeks. He sits on the WR3/4 border versus the Bucs in Week 5. 

Oct 6, 2021, 4:48 PM ET

DeVante Parker (shoulder) was limited again during Thursday's practice.

With back-to-back limited practices, it puts Parker's status for Week 5 against Tampa a little more in doubt. Parker has been listed with the injury for quite a bit, but it's the first time it has cost him real practice time. However, the drumbeat in Miami has focused heavily on how they must get Parker more involved in the offense and Parker did do a media availability on Wednesday. Unless you hear otherwise on Friday, consider Parker a good bet to play on Sunday. 

Oct 7, 2021, 4:14 PM ET

Dolphins head coach Brian Flores said DeVante Parker now has a sore hamstring and could be a game-time decision for Week 5 against the Bucs. 

Parker has fought a shoulder injury all week, managing limited practices on Wednesday and Thursday. Apparently it's the hamstring issue that will make him a game-time call against Tampa. Parker's injury issues make him a shaky fantasy start even if he suits up for Week 5. His absence could create more target volume for Jaylen Waddle in what's sure to be a pass-heavy game script for Miami. Preston Williams could finally be active if Parker sits. 

RELATED: 

Preston Williams

, Jaylen Waddle

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter 

Oct 8, 2021, 11:21 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread