What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, DET (3 Viewers)

According to Zac Jackson of The Athletic, "it's clear" that Donovan Peoples-Jones is a "first-teamer" in the Browns' offense, securing the third receiver job.

Peoples-Jones has had one of the strongest summers in Browns camp, drawing rave reviews from reporters, and it sounds like he's passed KhaDarel Hodge and Rashard Higgins on the depth chart. Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry are the top-two wideouts, but DPJ should get plenty of run in three-wide sets this season. On a run-first team that likes to use multiple tight ends, however, it's unclear what kind of production that will lead to for the second-year receiver. DPJ went 14-304-2 as a rookie on 25% of the playing time. Seeing 40-50 targets this year would probably be a win.

RELATED: 

KhaDarel Hodge

, Rashard Higgins

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 21, 2021, 12:18 PM ET

Browns OC Alex Van Pelt believes WR Donovan Peoples-Jones is capable of playing "all three spots."

"You can plug him in at all three spots of the wide receivers, and he knows exactly what to do," was Van Pelt's exact quote. "He has had a really good camp and really proud of him.” Van Pelt's words are just the latest in what has been a steady drumbeat of praise for the second-year pro. A successful big-play threat as a rookie, DPJ will try to steal No. 3 duties from Rashard Higgins and hopefully at least double last season's 20 targets. 

SOURCE: Cleveland Plain Dealer 

Aug 26, 2021, 10:14 PM ET

Great seed to plant in dynasty. Does anyone know if he will still be returning kicks this year?

Not sure. Mike Clay shows Johnson doing KR and DPJ taking punts.

JoJo Natson is listed on the Browns website and elsewhere taking both jobs. That was his role last year until he tore his ACL Week 3. 

Donovan Peoples-Jones caught both of his targets for 39 yards in Cleveland's Week 3 win over Chicago.

Both of his targets required skill to bring in along the sideline, spinning in the air and bringing the ball down for two contested receptions. He and Rashard Higgins (2/24) still played second- and third-fiddle to Odell Beckham (5/77), who led the team in targets (9) and receiving yards in his first game back since Week 7. Given how little he's been used (four total targets) through the first three games, Peoples-Jones can remain benched in dynasty leagues for the foreseeable future.

Donovan Peoples-Jones caught 5-of-6 targets for 70 yards in the Browns' Week 5 loss to the Chargers.

DPJ's six targets were second on the team behind David Njoku's seven, but it was Njoku who had the big play with a 71-yard touchdown en route to a 7-149-1 line. Rashard Higgins also scored from seven yards out earlier in the afternoon. Peoples-Jones entered Sunday with four catches for 57 scoreless yards on the season, so he's not yet on the fantasy radar.

Oct 10, 2021, 8:13 PM ET

Does DPJ have more redraft value than OBJ at this point?

I say no, but YMMV…

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. I think OBJ injuries will continue and Jarvis is not going to be 100% just yet. Should be enough time for DPJ to carve out a chunk for himself. He's getting the snap counts and now the targets while OBJ is out. 

Got him for cheap a week ago in dyno but if I didn’t I’d be looking to buy after this TNF game that should be a mess. He may well put up garbage stats on volume but I’d guess missing the whole offense they’re gonna struggle to move the ball

He would have worked a fair bit with Keenum being behind ODB and Landry, But one of them has been hurt most the time.

who would have the best repore with Case?

Starting him with injury/bye issues. Just get me 10-12 points, anything else is gravy (I do love gravy though, so feel free to pour away.)

Starting him with injury/bye issues. Just get me 10-12 points, anything else is gravy (I do love gravy though, so feel free to pour away.)

If both Landry and Odell are active I'd steer clear of this mess. Also could be gusty tonight.

Could see this being a 12-9 ugly slugfest.

The broncos are legit giving up almost 25 YPR the last 3 weeks to the WR position. That's insane.

That plays into DPJ's role pretty amazingly. It's a somewhat confident start IMO 

The broncos are legit giving up almost 25 YPR the last 3 weeks to the WR position. That's insane.

That plays into DPJ's role pretty amazingly. It's a somewhat confident start IMO 
They just activated Landry so I dunno. I’m pretty desperate this week so may just have to go for it. 

heckmanm said:
I'm going back and forth between him and Russel Gage at WR3.  
Gage's matchup is tougher in the slot. The outside WRs have the way bteter matchup this week, plus Gage has to figure out life with Patterson now

Before it was Julio, Ridley, Gage, and Hurst. Now it's Ridley, Pitts, Patterson, and Gage, so not great for season-long value unless Patterson duds or you think Gage cuts into Patterson's production

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying at what price? Feel like currently I’d buy for a mid to late 3rd (if I didn’t already have him), sell in a heartbeat for a 2nd (though that’ll change if he strings together a couple more good games)

I dropped OBJ for him just now. A grade 3 AC joint sprain on a player who was already unproductive on the offense told me all I need to know about which arrow was trending down and which was trending up.

Browns WR Donovan Peoples-Jones was held out of Cleveland's Week 7 win over the Broncos after suffering a pre-game groin injury. 

DPJ was announced as "questionable" right at kickoff then never checked into the game. Coach Kevin Stefanski said afterward he will undergo an MRI on Friday. The second-year pro had posted 9/171/2 after his past two contests before tonight's unfortunate incident. He does not seem terribly likely to suit up in Week 8 against the Steelers. With Jarvis Landry back this evening, DPJ can probably be cut loose in any 12-team league where you took a flier. 

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter 

Oct 21, 2021, 11:53 PM ET

Well, that explains the goose egg.  Wasn't paying attention to the game yet at that point and left him in.

Given the OBJ news, curious what folks' thoughts are on DPJ.  My initial sense is that there simply isn't enough volume in his offense to be sustainable - but his deep ball potential has me interested at least.

Given the OBJ news, curious what folks' thoughts are on DPJ.  My initial sense is that there simply isn't enough volume in his offense to be sustainable - but his deep ball potential has me interested at least.

He should get at least a third of OBJ's production IMO. 😐

Definitely a Dynasty Stash (one less guy ahead of him there) and he's got a really good athletic profile. Redraft right now? Probably not  much interest but he's a name to watch.

Time to add...I'm intrigued by a potential full-time player on a 12 personnel team. Snaps matter and he was getting them before. Higgins in 3 WR sets.

Baker also is playing OK without OBJ, so I think he's a must-stash over someone like Zay Jones lol 

Wish I could add him, but completely out of room.   I'm rostering Bryan Edwards over him.   Possibly a mistake, but time will tell.

He's at the top of my available dynasty WR wish list, stuck behind Edwards, but ahead of Denzel Mims.

Users who are viewing this thread