What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, DET (2 Viewers)

The arrow is pointing upward

Yup...next hurdle is this offseason...Browns don't have a #1 (no 2024 either) so they probably don't bring in a high-end rookie or make a deal for a legit WR...the FA pool is also very limited (and that is being nice)...if status quo holds he has a great opportunity to make another leap in 2023.

I have heard people saying DPJ will be the number 3 behind Moore. I haven't really been in on DPJ to this point, but the browns traded the equivalent a 5th round pick for Moore. And no one else was interested enough to pay more than that for a guy on his rookie contract. Seems like DPJ still has a great shot at being #2 based only on the investment.

Jones is much faster than he appears, big body with very long strides eat up ground effortlessly. Jones left Michigan when he just turned 21 so is just now maturing as an NFL WR. Has all the tools to be solid.

How many years will people say this?
His rookie season he had Jarvis Landry and Odel Beckham Junior ahead of him.
- 14 receptions for 304 yards and 2 TDs
His second season Baker Mayfield got injured early and had a down year but he had a tick-up in production.
- 34 receptions for 597 yards and 3 TDs
Last year he had Jacoby Brissett and a run dominated offense geared around Hunt and Chub with a smattering of an extremely rusty looking DeShaun Watson after two years of not playing but DPJ receptions increased.
- 61 receptions for 839 yards and 3 TDs.

I've been a skeptic but understand how people can see DeShaun improving and how DPJ has steadily increased his production.
I think he can surpass 1,000 yards and increase his TD production.

I couldn’t give him away. He didn’t cost me anything so I might as well hold and see what happens.

but the browns traded the equivalent a 5th round pick for Moore
I posted this in I believe the Moore thread but the Browns traded the equivalent of pick 66 for Moore.
Maybe it depends on the calculator. The one on spotrac had the difference between 74 and 42 as a 5th round pick.

And early and mid 3rd for a mid 2nd does not seem like a real trade.
ETA-OTC, not spotrac
I posted this in I believe the Moore thread but the Browns traded the equivalent of pick 66 for Moore.
Maybe it depends on the calculator. The one on spotrac had the difference between 74 and 42 as a 5th round pick.
ETA-OTC, not spotrac
That may be the worst calculator I’ve ever seen. If you don’t think the entire league would pay a 5th to make that move I don’t know what to tell you.

ETA-if you looked up trades from last year I think you'd have to conclude pick 66 sounds about right. Here is one such trade. I won't post them but no shortage of trades involving teams moving back like 2-3 spots in round 2 for 5th, this was a 32 spot move.

GB got: 34
Vikings gave: 53,59

Last edited:

ETA-OTC, not spotrac
ETA-OTC, not spotrac
That may be the worst calculator I’ve ever seen. If you don’t think the entire league would pay a 5th to make that move I don’t know what to tell you.

ETA-if you looked up trades from last year I think you'd have to conclude pick 66 sounds about right. Here is one such trade. I won't post them but no shortage of trades involving teams moving back like 2-3 spots in round 2 for 5th, this was a 32 spot move.

GB got: 34
Vikings gave: 53,59
Yeah upon further review that trade calc does look whack in light of other trades. A 5th looks like it's getting you at best a 10 pick bump in the later 2nd in most trades.
66+74 for 43 or whatever it was still seems pretty optimistic on value for Moore, but it's better than a 5th.

A 5th looks like it's getting you at best a 10 pick bump in the later 2nd in most trades.
66+74 for 43 or whatever it was still seems pretty optimistic on value for Moore, but it's better than a 5th.
Not trying to beat a dead horse but a 5th round pick gets you like a 2-3 pick bump in round 2. There are a ton of examples from last year showing this to be true.

If last year it cost you pick 59 to move from 53 to 34 I don't see how it should be considered optimistic that moving from 74 to 43 should cost something equal to pick 66. You could also look at it as paying pick 74 to move from 66 to 43, again very much on par with what it costs last year.

Can he be a WR#3 this year in PPR? or does cle have 1A and 1B for Watson or is cooper still the clear #`?

Donovan Peoples-Jones caught 1-of-2 targets for 12 yards in the Browns’ Week 1 win over the Bengals.

Amari Cooper and Elijah Moore both saw seven targets. Peoples-Jones also gave up a pair of deep targets to Marquise Goodwin, though neither one resulted in a catch. With Moore and Goodwin both eating into his routes, Peoples-Jones will be droppable if he puts together another dud in Week 2 against the Steelers.

- Rotoworld

Lions acquired WR Donovan Peoples-Jones from the Browns in exchange for a 2025 6th round pick.
The former Michigan Wolverine caught 61 passes for 839 yards and 3 TD’s last season, but seemed to fall out of favor with the coaches or Deshaun Watson or both this year. This season DPJ had just eight catches for 97 yards on 18 targets despite running 205 routes. Obviously, a future 6th round pick is not a lot for the Lions to give up but with a seemingly full wide receiver room, the addition does make you question how much faith the team has in second-year wide receiver Jameson Williams. Of course, at 6'2" and 205 pounds, Peoples-Jones also gives the Lions a bigger, more physical receiver, which they had been lacking since Marvin Jones Jr. stepped away from football.

Lions agreed to terms with WR Donovan Peoples-Jones on a one-year contract.
According to Bleacher Reports Jordan Schultz, the Lions “prioritized” keeping Peoples-Jones and believe he “is a rising player at just 25 years old.” We’ll see how much of this translates to on-field success next season, as DPJ managed just five receptions for 58 yards in eight games with the Lions after being moved at the trade deadline. Peoples-Jones went off for 61-839-3 in 2022 with the Browns but was made expendable last season after they went out and added Elijah Moore. Even if DPJ earns more work in 2024, it’s hard to imagine much fantasy upside with Amon-Ra St. Brown and Sam LaPorta challenging him for targets. According to Schultz, Peoples-Jones can earn up to $2 million on his contract.

Users who are viewing this thread