What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Garrett Wilson, NYJ (1 Viewer)

Is anyone looking to move him? Imo stock only going down from here on out. Zach isn’t going to support WR2 production for him.

If so, who are your targets. Higgins is a no brainer imo if you can capitalize on his goose egg this week.

I'm holding for now. It may backfire but the guy threw up 1100 yds with crappy QB play last year as a rookie. My expectations are tempered, but I still think I like rolling the dice with a team's #1 WR rather than a team's #2 WR in Higgins. Obviously #2 on the Bengals is pretty damn solid, so this is close and I could understand if someone wanted to pull that trigger..

I think you have to hang on to him. They might just force feed him the ball. Everybody knows he's a great talent.
Plus if Zach finally realizes that Wilson is his best bet he might just force him the ball anyway as in sure he's feeling the pressure.

That's no trade value for what we expected. Best case scenario is he's forced the ball.

On a ff Facebook page watching a buncha guys talking about benching v Dallas, and my knee-jerk was to think “what a buncha idiots,” but then…I just kept finding more reasons…

On a ff Facebook page watching a buncha guys talking about benching v Dallas, and my knee-jerk was to think “what a buncha idiots,” but then…I just kept finding more reasons…
I'm benching him. I just don't get this delusional optimism everyone now has about Zach Wilson. He was the worst starting qb in the league last year. His own teammates were openly campaigning for the backups to play in front of him. Now he spent a few weeks with Rodgers and is a changed player? I saw all the same things I saw last year. Every game plan the Jets have this year will be for Zach to throw it as little as possible. The Jets know what they have, and did everything they could to replace him.

To everyone saying Garrett was still productive last year, that was with the other qbs. With Zach in 8.5 games he had 430 yards, 0 tds and 21% target share. Sadly, I think Garrett is a wr#3 the rest of the year, based on matchups. And that will be in situations where the Jets are down, which may never be big enough for them to trust Zach to throw.

I'm looking to trade him. Not sure what I can get for him. Lockett? Pittman? Evans?

Is anyone looking to move him?

If someone is willing to pay say 80 cents to the dollar, I would move Wilson. But I think everyone is going to try and buy super cheap.

So if I were a G Wilson owner, I think I would just hold and pray Z Wilson can make him some sort of a WR2.

Is anyone looking to move him?

If someone is willing to pay say 80 cents to the dollar, I would move Wilson. But I think everyone is going to try and buy super cheap.

So if I were a G Wilson owner, I think I would just hold and pray Z Wilson can make him some sort of a WR2.
It's going to the same issue as owning him last year. He will have 3-4 good weeks, but will likely be on your bench because he is coming off 5 games with under 50 yards receiving. I don't see how you can have any confidence in him.

My attempts to trade him for Higgins were basically laughed at. He has minimal value.
I think the Higgins ship sailed after the 4th play of Monday night. I think his value is now more in the Evans. Pittman, Moore, London range. Other wrs with questionable qb play, or you just trade him for a rb.

I could start Bourne, Doubs, or Shaheed over him . . .

But I have faith in Saleh, and the following narrative: Unlike the beginning of last year, they now KNOW Zach Wilson must not be exposed, but hidden. So if they want their rising superstar WR to have an impact on the game--and why the hell wouldn't they?--they have spent the last 10 days working him into shorter targets, screens, and maybe even some carries. Do I know this for a fact? No. If someone told me right now that they closely follow Jets beat reporters all week and nothing like this scheme adjustment is on tap? I'd probably believe it.

But again, at the moment, I am leaning towards faith in Saleh and G. Wilson's talent, over the waiver wire darlings I snapped up.

But I have faith in Saleh, and the following narrative: Unlike the beginning of last year, they now KNOW Zach Wilson must not be exposed, but hidden. So if they want their rising superstar WR to have an impact on the game--and why the hell wouldn't they?--they have spent the last 10 days working him into shorter targets, screens, and maybe even some carries. Do I know this for a fact? No. If someone told me right now that they closely follow Jets beat reporters all week and nothing like this scheme adjustment is on tap? I'd probably believe it.

But again, at the moment, I am leaning towards faith in Saleh and G. Wilson's talent, over the waiver wire darlings I snapped up.
I can’t do it. Just put Dotson in over him. I just think Zach is that bad.

you’ll get a lot of feedback on this, but i will say i am a jet lifer. year to year things change, but this team has never been forward thinking on offense. i would love them to force feed g wilson, but i think zach makes them hyper conservative, leaning on rbs, running game, short passes. unless you are braxton berrios, you won’t get a wr handoff. best chance is the jets are behind a lot in the 2nd half and wilson is heaving. otherwise, in a tight game, i just don’t think g wilson has many 8/140 games. i really hope i am wrong, but zach stinks bad until i am proven wrong.

I can’t do it. Just put Dotson in over him. I just think Zach is that bad.
I don’t blame you.

you’ll get a lot of feedback on this, but i will say i am a jet lifer. year to year things change, but this team has never been forward thinking on offense. i would love them to force feed g wilson, but i think zach makes them hyper conservative, leaning on rbs, running game, short passes. unless you are braxton berrios, you won’t get a wr handoff. best chance is the jets are behind a lot in the 2nd half and wilson is heaving. otherwise, in a tight game, i just don’t think g wilson has many 8/140 games. i really hope i am wrong, but zach stinks bad until i am proven wrong.
The way the team responded to an unmitigated disaster last week really impressed me. As a result, I have new levels of faith in Saleh. I’m not expecting the ceiling we drafted, I’m just banking on them having the sense to take their 10 days to figure out new ways use their superstar, and disguise their glaring weakness.

Ready to be wrong, praying I’m right.

Welp. Based on current score… I flinched. Put in Bourne.

Feel free to roast my a$$. Regardless of outcome.

My dynasty team is screwed. Can't play Wilson going forward or Breece with this inept QB play. They can't go on with this clown at QB.

Chased the prayer that he would break one again, nothing doing.

Wtf. This is so ugly. Too good to bench(soon to be too good to drop), too dreadful a situation to start.

I think I'm benching until they replace what looks like a literal joke at QB.

Obvious or does anyone have another take?

Wtf. This is so ugly. Too good to bench(soon to be too good to drop), too dreadful a situation to start.

Terrible position to be in…top talent, bottom situation. He was top 5 with Rodgers and he’s probably Wr25-30 without. I’m not even sure if you can count on him when they play some weaker defenses.

Last week he struck gold and broke away on that long one but that’s not happening every week. I think you put him in the flex and pray for a TD at this point. Not sure there’s much else to do.

If it continues, definitely could be a dynasty buy low candidate. Owner might get twitchy or be in a win now position and want to cash in on someone producing.

Terrible position to be in…top talent, bottom situation. He was top 5 with Rodgers and he’s probably Wr25-30 without. I’m not even sure if you can count on him when they play some weaker defenses.

Last week he struck gold and broke away on that long one but that’s not happening every week. I think you put him in the flex and pray for a TD at this point. Not sure there’s much else to do.
Can bench and even in a deeper league have options that simply look more likely to at least give me a 10 pt ppr floor.

Wilson is a must start IMO.. Jets will be throwing a lot. He had 14 targets last night. I expect he will lead the league in targets this season.

I have him on the bench until something changes in NY. I am lucky enough it isn't killing me (second round pick) because I have Keenan Allen and Brandon Aiyuk starting for me. Still not happy wasting a 2nd on a guy whose only fault is the teams #1 QB went out for the year in the first game.

Ian Hartitz
Garrett Wilson still pacing for 104 catches and 1,213 yards this season despite, you know

What a shame. Supreme talent. Equalivent to Justin Jefferson in my opinion. Why didn't they go fir someon like Doubs? Let's say Rodgets comes back next year you have arugubly the best back up qb in the league. Not only that, Doubs can be there while you groom a qb of the future and who knows, maybe Doubs becomes that qb. They could've gotten him for a 5th rd next year.

Users who are viewing this thread