What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jalen Reagor, NE (1 Viewer)

Jalen Reagor was not targeted in the Vikings' Wild Card Round loss to the Giants.

Reagor was traded to the Vikings before the season but never carved out an offensive role. Instead, he operated exclusively on special teams. He can be expected to serve as a returner for the Vikings in 2023 in the final year of his rookie deal. Reagor will be off the fantasy radar in 2023.
- NBCSportsEDGE
And fumbled a punt that would have been a disaster if he wasn't lucky enough to recover

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

A name to watch: The #Vikings have received calls inquiring about the availability of former first-round WR Jalen Reagor, source said. Minnesota traded for him about a year ago.

———————————————————-
:lmao: No. Just stop. No they have not. Pretty much guaranteed that he’s cut today if this is being “reported.”

Gotta be owners/GM/coaches from other teams pranking the Vikes.

GM
Hey, is Jalen Raegor available?

Vikings
Who? (long beat as they look over their roster trying to find this guy)
Ohhhhh, Jalen Raegor. Great camp, looks like this'll be his year. Could be had for the right price... maybe.

GM
Hold a sec, other line ringing. (beat) Sorry bros, just got offered JJ Arcega-Whiteside and it's too good to pass up.

Vikings
Well I'm sure we can still work somethi- hello? Hello?

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

A name to watch: The #Vikings have received calls inquiring about the availability of former first-round WR Jalen Reagor, source said. Minnesota traded for him about a year ago.

———————————————————-
:lmao: No. Just stop. No they have not. Pretty much guaranteed that he’s cut today if this is being “reported.”
Might be my first ever self-quote, but so %#@&ing dumb and apparent. Ian Rapoport should be embarrassed.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Vikings are waiving former first-round draft pick Jalen Reagor, per source.

Patriots signed WR Jalen Reagor to the practice squad.
Reagor cleared waivers early Thursday and was promptly signed by the Patriots to the practice squad. The former first-round wide receiver signed with the Vikings for the 2022 season after being released by the Eagles, but managed just eight receptions for 104 yards and one touchdown while primarily contributing as a kick returner. Maybe Bill Belichick can figure out how to unlock his untapped upside moving forward.

Patriots signed WR Jalen Reagor to the practice squad.
Reagor cleared waivers early Thursday and was promptly signed by the Patriots to the practice squad. The former first-round wide receiver signed with the Vikings for the 2022 season after being released by the Eagles, but managed just eight receptions for 104 yards and one touchdown while primarily contributing as a kick returner. Maybe Bill Belichick can figure out how to unlock his untapped upside moving forward.
The Vikings traded a 7th round pick to the Eagles for Reagor. Also a conditional 4th or 3rd round pick but those conditions were not met.

The Vikings did not get him for free.

Just another example of why I question the decisions of the new Vikings GM.

Although this is not a big deal all of these small things do add up.

Eta - although the conditions for Reagor were not met the Vikings still send the Eagles a 5th round pick for him 2024.

Last edited:
With Jalen Reagor and Josh Doctson being 1st round busts out of TCU, anybody with shares of Quentin Johnston feeling a tad nervous?

With Jalen Reagor and Josh Doctson being 1st round busts out of TCU, anybody with shares of Quentin Johnston feeling a tad nervous?
They should be real nervous
I thought Doctson would make it. No excuse but he battled through a few injuries and never really fought for the ball.

Reagor never really had the drive to make it in the nfl and occasionally had hands of stone.

To be fair to Quentin Johnston. Those other two came from a different offensive scheme where they were not expected to win man to man as much as most everything was schemed. QJ played his final year under Briles and Baylor has had some successful WR play translate. So we’ll see.

Im still not sure if he’ll make it or not. And it’s easy to say in hindsight, but QJ is the most talented of the 3 from my watchful Frog eyes.

Now let’s go beat Deion and the Buffs.

They should be real nervous
I thought Doctson would make it. No excuse but he battled through a few injuries and never really fought for the ball.

Reagor never really had the drive to make it in the nfl and occasionally had hands of stone.

To be fair to Quentin Johnston. Those other two came from a different offensive scheme where they were not expected to win man to man as much as most everything was schemed. QJ played his final year under Briles and Baylor has had some successful WR play translate. So we’ll see.

Im still not sure if he’ll make it or not. And it’s easy to say in hindsight, but QJ is the most talented of the 3 from my watchful Frog eyes.

Now let’s go beat Deion and the Buffs.

Well, see.....this is where I think the trepidation gets augmented. Kendall Wright had a great 2nd season in the NFL, but I'm not sure he lived up to that 1st round draft status. Terrance Williams was solid, I'll give you that one but he never topped 1,000 yards (not that many 3rd round picks do).

Then you get into the outright busts - Corey Coleman drafted 15th overall in 2016 and out of the league 2 seasons later. Denzel Mimms was a 2nd round bust.

But that means nothing really for Johnston. I just find it interesting that TCU and Baylor have put out more NFL busts than stud WRs. Herbert might erase all that for QJ.

Patriots signed WR Jalen Reagor to the 53-man roster.
According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Reagor “has impressed behind the scenes in New England, earning praise from Bill Belichick.” Given Belichick’s recent history at drafting/signing wide receivers, it’s hard to know what it takes to impress him, but Reagor played on 42 percent of the Patriots’ snaps in their Week 7 win over the Bills, and managed just one catch for 11 yards on his lone target. Reagor, a former first round draft pick from the 2020 class has a career receiving line of 73-810-4 through 47 career games. Despite this promotion, he’s off the fantasy radar — which should come as no surprise.

Can’t spell Jalen Reagor without J.A.G.

He can block apparently so he has value to the Pats in that regard, not much else. Then again N’Keal Harry was a pretty solid blocker himself. But you don’t get fantasy points for well-executed blocks.

This guy gives me PTSD on so many levels. Took him in the first round of my rookie draft (Ruggs in the 2nd) and never started him one time. Then he got run last year in the Colts game and almost single-handed lost the Vikings the game. This guy can get double pinkeye as far as I am concerned.

Can’t spell Jalen Reagor without J.A.G.

He can block apparently so he has value to the Pats in that regard, not much else. Then again N’Keal Harry was a pretty solid blocker himself. But you don’t get fantasy points for well-executed blocks.
A funny coincidence is the Vikings have signed Harry to their practice squad after Jefferson got injured.

Not that Harry will do anything, he is way down the depth chart.

Users who are viewing this thread