What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jameson Williams, DET (1 Viewer)

MCDC did a radio segment this morning…

The Lions returned 12th overall pick Jameson Williams to practice on Monday in hopes of activating him within the next three weeks.

What will they need to see from the speedy wide receiver, who tore his ACL in the national championship last season, to know that he's ready?

"It’s different to do things on grass or on air with nobody else around or in a competitive setting. That’s where we need to get to before we feel real good. And then we want him to feel comfortable with it, too."

To that end, Campbell said the Lions started Williams on Monday with some simple route-running and will introduce further challenges Tuesday and Wednesday. How Williams responds will dictate if and when he makes his NFL debut this season.

"We’ll start incorporating getting some bodies around him and just see how fast he can get it and how comfortable we all are with it," Campbell with it.

While the Lions could activate Williams for Thursday's Thanksgiving game against the Bills, the much likelier scenario is either next week against the Jaguars or the week after at the Vikings.

Campbell has been clear they won't bring him back until he's 100 percent ready.

kyle meinke on Twitter:

“Jameson Williams says when he hit up Matthew Stafford about taking his number, Stafford replied that the No. 9 would be moving a little faster now”​

😂

renderTimingPixel.png

Going to try and add him straight to IR in my short bench. Just in case someone gets hurt. I’ll likely have to drop him if I can’t swing a 2-1 trade next week or knock on wood an injury occurs.

Yahoo doesn’t make me drop anyone so I assume he’ll go straight in IR slot.

I get that Williams has immense talent and upside, but seems a bit over optimistic that he's going to step right in 10 months after his ACL tear, with no NFL experience whatsoever (including pre-season), and produce.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but hard to imagine it's going to happen right away.

he can run a 9 route

doubt they do it bc DC would get crucified if he got hurt but it would be awesome to see him return kickoffs

(thankfully I only coach fantasy teams)

he's going to be rusty, doesn't have timing down with Goff, today will only be his third day of practice (and this week is a lot of walk throughs because they're trying to manage recovery on a short week)

Goff didn't throw on Monday, Jamo was catching balls from the 3rd stringer

very, very doubtful he's active on Thanksgiving

should see a few snaps v Jax; next 3 games are at home, by the Vikings game he may be ready for a good number of plays

he's been involved, in meetings, going through everything with his teammates since OTAs... but he still hasn't had a single full NFL practice - def would be a surprise if he produced right away

but he's more than just a burner, his route running is what I'm excited to see

He’s a hell of a kick off/punt coverage guy too but I doubt DC uses him like Saban did

MCDC: go break up the wedge

Jamo: you got it!

MCDC (turns to ST coordinator): that dude can fly when he's our gunner. Fripp, I want him on every coverage snap!

[Brad Holmes walks into practice....]

Dan....what....exactly....are you doing?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there's a "good chance" Lions WR Jameson Williams plays in Week 13.​

Rapoport said Williams' practice sessions over the past week have not been full speed, but next week's practices are expected to be a full go for Detroit's first-round rookie, who tore his ACL in January. Fantasy managers should expect the Lions to ease Williams into the lineup, perhaps getting him into a full-time role by final few weeks of the regular season. The speedy downfield threat would profile as a boom-bust WR4 option if and when he gets a full complement of snaps and routes.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Nov 24, 2022, 8:12 AM ET

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said, "It would take a lot" when asked about the possibility of Jameson Williams playing in Week 13.​

Williams was designated to return early last week, but the team still has about two weeks left before they would need to officially decide on whether to activate him or sideline him for the remainder of the season. It seems unlikely the Lions would hold Williams out for the remainder of the year, but for a player who is still on the mend after suffering a torn ACL in January, it's not surprising to see them push his return as far as they can. Campbell didn't completely rule out Williams playing in Week 13, but it sounds like he's trending toward missing at least one more week.
Nov 28, 2022, 2:34 PM ET

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said, "It would take a lot" when asked about the possibility of Jameson Williams playing in Week 13.​

Williams was designated to return early last week, but the team still has about two weeks left before they would need to officially decide on whether to activate him or sideline him for the remainder of the season. It seems unlikely the Lions would hold Williams out for the remainder of the year, but for a player who is still on the mend after suffering a torn ACL in January, it's not surprising to see them push his return as far as they can. Campbell didn't completely rule out Williams playing in Week 13, but it sounds like he's trending toward missing at least one more week.
Nov 28, 2022, 2:34 PM ET

First question of the day was about Jamo and Romeo Okwara (both coming off IR and in their practice window)

He actually sounds pretty optimistic in tone, what they're trying to accomplish this week (need intense reps with contact), but the verbiage being widely reported / repeated is not this week

Campbell usually meets with the media again on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Yahoo doesn’t make me drop anyone so I assume he’ll go straight in IR slot.

:no:

you’ll get an email saying the claim could not be processed because you don’t have an open roster spot

in order to use the IR spot, the player has to first be on your roster
This turned out to be incorrect. Just a heads up. He was added straight to IR. Commish setting.

Thank you - learned something new this week. Not from this thread, but the thread dedicated to how IR works in Yahoo. Ours is setup as I described. I wasn't aware you could change it but now that I know we'll change it for 2023.

QB Jared Goff’s early impressions of Jameson Williams: “He’s very, very fast.” Goff said Brandin Cooks was the fastest guy he’s played with, but Jamo has a different type of speed. “He’s longer. He’s a stride guy,” Goff said of Williams. “He’s got length.”

No Jamo questions for DC at his press conference today.

Video on Twitter shows him at his first practice in pads. At one point he's running sprints or 9 routes with a couple other WRs and they start laughing and pointing at him bc he's so much faster than anyone else.

IOW, nothing of substance to report yet. Still unknown if he'll dress this weekend.

Head Coach Dan Campbell said this morning WR Jameson Williams looks a little better every day. Yesterday he got a really good load working with the scout team. He *has not* made a decision yet on whether or not Jameson will play Sunday.

Head Coach Dan Campbell said this morning WR Jameson Williams looks a little better every day. Yesterday he got a really good load working with the scout team. He *has not* made a decision yet on whether or not Jameson will play Sunday.
Well, well, well... I'd go for a look see game this week if I had him. Likely next week. J Williams on the FA wire for free right now. I still gotta hold Brady until Sunday before I can go there.

QB Jared Goff’s early impressions of Jameson Williams: “He’s very, very fast.” Goff said Brandin Cooks was the fastest guy he’s played with, but Jamo has a different type of speed. “He’s longer. He’s a stride guy,” Goff said of Williams. “He’s got length.”

Video on Twitter shows him at his first practice in pads. At one point he's running sprints or 9 routes with a couple other WRs and they start laughing and pointing at him bc he's so much faster than anyone else.

IOW, nothing of substance to report yet. Still unknown if he'll dress this weekend.
Question for you, in your opinion who puts up the better numbers next season between Jameson and St Brown?

Question for you, in your opinion who puts up the better numbers next season between Jameson and St Brown?
I have both but will only be able to keep one and wondering the same thing.

As a long term Lions fan I’m excited.
As a dynasty owner I’m excited.

Took him over Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks as I just believed for pure talent and all round ability he was the best WR in the class and backed him to bounce back from the injury.

Maybe a handful of snaps tomorrow and a couple of targets thrown his way ? No reason to rush, he’s a potential jewel that just needs to be looked after correctly.

As a long term Lions fan I’m excited.
As a dynasty owner I’m excited.

Took him over Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks as I just believed for pure talent and all round ability he was the best WR in the class and backed him to bounce back from the injury.

Maybe a handful of snaps tomorrow and a couple of targets thrown his way ? No reason to rush, he’s a potential jewel that just needs to be looked after correctly.
The anticipation of a handful of snaps and plays that could involve J Williams. His speed, his stride, his length.

Need to win both my last 2 games to have a shot at the playoffs. (still not a sure thing, but I'm likely to get in with the points tiebreaker). Been holding this kid all year hoping for a late season payoff. My WR core has been a disaster all season after Davante Adams (Drafted Diontae Johnson, Michael Thomas, Elijah Moore and Jakobi Myers. Woof) but I still cant justify the risk of sticking him in there this week cold. Just too easy to see a donut as he gets his feet under him.

But if he looks good this week, its on the table for week 14.

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

#Lions first-round pick WR Jameson Williams will make his debut against the #Jaguars, but he’s expected to be on a very limited snap count, per me and @RapSheet. They’ll ease him in 11 months after his torn ACL.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Fascinating fantasy situation. Because he's one snap away from a big play.

Users who are viewing this thread