What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (7 Viewers)

Realistically, this may just be the safest week to place him in your lineup.

Reid will do the Belichick thing...the outcast's first game back, he'll make sure Gordon gets some catches and will really be trying to get him in the end zone if they can do it without going way off the game script. Get his confidence up quickly, make him feel like he's a part of the team.
Please don’t tempt me. 

Well, he finally got claimed in my league. Not by me. 

1-3 team, and they’re taking a wait & see approach with Gordon on the bench this week. 

IMO thats the sensible approach. 

On another note, I hope Gordon is at peace mentally, and plays this season out uneventfully, regardless of his on-field production. He’s been through a lot and I’d love to see him come full circle. At 30, I can’t imagine he’ll have many more chances. 

#### it. I'll be the first one here to step up. I'm starting him. (Very deep dynasty league), but my only other decent flex option (considering I'm down my top 3 WRs and my #2 RB) is Melvin Gordon.

I'm just gonna go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
#### it. I'll be the first one here to step up. I'm starting him. (Very deep dynasty league), but my only other decent flex option (considering I'm down my top 3 WRs and my #2 RB) is Melvin Gordon.

I'm just gonna go for it.

Hell yes, with the Ridley news I now have to start Corey Davis instead.....BUT, if I didn't have Corey Davis I would have started Gordon...... best of luck!!!!

4 for 134 and 2!!!!!!!   :suds:

There's an old saying in Kansas City — I know it's in Texas, probably in Kansas City — that says

Fool me once. Shame on you.
Fool me twice. Shame on me.

Fool me thrice. Shame on me.

Fool me four times. Shame on me.
Fool me five times. Shame on… shame on… Well you can’t get fooled again.

There's an old saying in Kansas City — I know it's in Texas, probably in Kansas City — that says

Fool me once. Shame on you.
Fool me twice. Shame on me.

Fool me thrice. Shame on me.

Fool me four times. Shame on me.
Fool me five times. Shame on… shame on… Well you can’t get fooled again.
The Who

Saw them at Alpine Valley and yes I did get fooled again at least 3-4 other times. It had me thinking again lol. NOPE! I pass

I won't get fooled againnnnnn...

Josh Gordon was not targeted in the Chiefs' Week 6 win against Washington. 

Gordon barely played against the Football Team following his one-catch debut for Kansas City in Week 5. Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson had decent fantasy days in Gordon's place and Mecole Hardman caught four of his five targets for 62 yards. Gordon doesn't need to be rostered in 12-team formats. 

Oct 18, 2021, 10:51 AM ET

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said the team would "keep bringing [Josh Gordon] along" after Gordon did not see a target in Week 6 against Washington. 

Gordon played just 11 snaps agains the Football Team after his nine-snap, one-target Week 5 debut against Buffalo. Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson each had solid outings against Washington, and both players should remain ahead of Gordon in the short term. Fantasy managers' desire for a third fantasy-relevant pass catcher in the KC offense may never come to fruition. Gordon should remain on the waiver wire this week. 

RELATED: 

Demarcus Robinson

, Byron Pringle

SOURCE: Arrowheadpride.com 

Oct 19, 2021, 9:15 AM ET

Josh Gordon failed to catch his lone target in the Chiefs' Week 7 loss to the Titans.

Gordon got the start, but his one target was one where he was well covered. The ball was tipped into the air and picked off. Gordon is still trying to find his way in this Kansas City offense ahead of a Week 8 date with the Giants.

Oct 24, 2021, 4:32 PM ET

FTR: Most of the time, wherever Gordon lands and gets that opportunity to show he can still make a play or two, not just him but the entire team around him FAILS miserably it seems. 

For the last time, close the book on this guy and ship off to Canada and let him go be an Argonaut or something. 

KC is on their last legs for the season and this guy is on the team...simple release on Monday and he is gone.  The notion that Gordon was going to inform everyone his intentions of where he was signing, you'll sign with the worst team in the worst situation or you won't sign at all should be the message. 

FTR: Most of the time, wherever Gordon lands and gets that opportunity to show he can still make a play or two, not just him but the entire team around him FAILS miserably it seems. 

For the last time, close the book on this guy and ship off to Canada and let him go be an Argonaut or something. 

KC is on their last legs for the season and this guy is on the team...simple release on Monday and he is gone.  The notion that Gordon was going to inform everyone his intentions of where he was signing, you'll sign with the worst team in the worst situation or you won't sign at all should be the message. 
Strangely misplaced hatred of a guy who has nothing at all to do with all the Chiefs various issues. Very very weird to read the above post. The part I bolded—the disdain and entitlement to dictate someone else’s career opportunities because (I assume) you don’t like that they’ve continued to get chances at a career after struggling with substances, is even weirder. The tone is like the way a (bad) parent would chastise and punish a child. 

No idea what your issue with the dude is. As if having already thrown away the opportunity  to put together a great career and make generational wealth over his substance abuse issues isn’t punishment enough for you, when he does get his stuff together enough to play again he should also only be allowed to play for the worst team in the league? I’ll repeat—very weird to focus on this as some sort of superstitious reason the Chiefs are doing poorly. Strange agenda to stomp on the (very unlikely) potential of a redemption arc of a guy who has already wasted the majority of his own prime over his issues. The damage is done man, it’s not like he’s hurt anyone but himself. 

Only thing I can think of is you’re one of those people who still think his only issue was resisting the urge to light up a joint, so you don’t respect him at all over that. But it’s been well established that he has plenty of other substance abuse issues including alcoholism. Everyone talks about the “what if” of Justin Blackmon’s career. Well, you’re seeing the attempt of a similar dude who has tried again and again to pull out of the tailspin their life was in. Not sure what’s so detestable about that. You have rapists and abusers in the NFL but a dude with a substance abuse issue can’t get a few chances with teams who decide he’s worth the time to try to salvage? Please. 

Pretty sure Gordon was signed as a hail Mary to help an already struggling team fix their problems.

The idea that he is somehow responsible for their struggles is fanciful thinking.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid has told Josh Gordon "to be patient because it's going to happen."

Obviously, Reid's words leave some room for interpretation but the coach also said it's only a matter of time before Josh Gordon is a productive part of the Chiefs' offense. It's clear that Reid intends for Gordon to become more involved at some point. When or how that happens remains to be seen. Gordon has four targets and one catch in his time with Kansas City. He can be left on waiver wires for now but his usage is worth monitoring going forward. 

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Nov 15, 2021, 1:34 PM ET

Chiefs placed WR Josh Gordon on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Gordon is COVID positive, but he is also vaccinated. That means that, though he can't get cleared in time for Thursday evening's game against the Chargers, he should be ready to rock for Week 16 vs. the Steelers. Gordon scored his first Chiefs touchdown in Sunday's humiliation of the Raiders, but he has caught just four passes in nine games. The bigger concern than Gordon's absence for Week 15 will be the state of the rest of the Chiefs' receiver corps. Keep your head on a swivel if you are counting on Tyreek Hill for the first week of the fantasy playoffs. 

RELATED: 

Tyreek Hill

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Dec 13, 2021, 5:44 PM ET

Chiefs activated WR Josh Gordon from the reserve/COVID list.

With Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce still on the list, Gordon could be in for a much bigger role against the Steelers if Hill and/or Kelce don't gain clearance in time for Sunday. Gordon has four catches for 27 yards and one touchdown since joining the Chiefs but has seen his snaps rise in recent weeks.

Dec 22, 2021, 2:38 PM ET

I really hadn’t paid much attention to Gordon. But in 10 games in KC, he’s only had 4 catches for 27 yards and a TD. 

Chiefs waived WR Josh Gordon.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Chiefs intend to bring Gordon back on the team's practice squad if he clears waivers. Kansas City brought Gordon in early this year but he failed to make an impact and was ultimately a weekly inactive down the stretch. Gordon wasn't active for either of the team's playoff games. He posted five catches for 32 yards and a touchdown during his short stint with the Chiefs. Gordon will draw some buzz as a free agent in the spring but it's been years since he was a meaningful contributor on an NFL team. His last 100-yard performance came in in 2018 with the Patriots.

RELATED: 

Kansas City Chiefs

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Jan 24, 2022, 1:56 PM ET

why not....only 30....and cheap...will probably still look to bring in or draft a legit #2 ....see how the summer goes...if it doesn't work out, no harm, no foul....

2014  This is the year!
2015  This is the year!
2016  This is the year!
2017  This is the year!
2018  This is the year!
2019  This is the year!
2020  This is the year!
2021  This is the year!
2022  This is the year!
The odds are in his favor.

TripItUp said:
Gordon has played twice as many years as most NFL players...nothing to be ashamed of.

Godspeed Flash.

And GGG has highest winning percentage ever for a US coach and oVVns Mexico.  Nothing to be ashamed of.

Godspeed GGGoat

Almost the 10 year anniversary of this thread, and i just drafted him in the 30th round of my startup PPR Best Ball Dynasty League.  :lmao:  But I mean at this point, why not?? 

Excuse me, but why are we still talking about Josh Gordon?  Can you guys just place him in his rightful burying place already?

Excuse me, but why are we still talking about Josh Gordon?  Can you guys just place him in his rightful burying place already?

probably the most fun ive ever had in a thread... still love him to this day, and honestly truly happy to see that despite his disease, he's been able to stay physically (and at times mentally) fit enough to still play in what many consider the most difficult sport on the planet. 

guy should be an inspiration to many. 

man forever has a roster spot on my (long bench) dynasty team. meeeeeeeeeeeeeeemoriessssss... light the corners of my miiiiiind.... 

probably the most fun ive ever had in a thread... still love him to this day, and honestly truly happy to see that despite his disease, he's been able to stay physically (and at times mentally) fit enough to still play in what many consider the most difficult sport on the planet. 

guy should be an inspiration to many. 

man forever has a roster spot on my (long bench) dynasty team. meeeeeeeeeeeeeeemoriessssss... light the corners of my miiiiiind.... 

I always wondered who smoked more weed between you and Gordon.  Maybe I should start a pole?

Users who are viewing this thread