What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Palmer, LAC (1 Viewer)

I've got a first round bye so he was a what the heck flex for me. Don't think I'd be starting him in any meaningful playoff games though.

Same. And I wouldn’t have started him week 15 if I was playing. But now he’s a real contender to start in week 16. Especially since I’m very light on receivers despite being the #1 seed at 11-3.

79 yd touchdown for the sharks that started him tonight rn
Man, I was so bummed looking at the box score halfway through the 3rd and seeing 0 targets. Real glad they decided to actually use him, kind of wonder why they didn't use him more before halfway through the 3rd

I've got a first round bye so he was a what the heck flex for me. Don't think I'd be starting him in any meaningful playoff games though.

Same. And I wouldn’t have started him week 15 if I was playing. But now he’s a real contender to start in week 16. Especially since I’m very light on receivers despite being the #1 seed at 11-3.
We payout for weekly scores so it's a good start to the week. But it's gonna make for a tough decision next week.

As I think about it, I’m less impressed by the stat line last night. Take away the long score when they were getting crushed and he’s 3/3 with 34 yards. That said, I anm encouraged that he was on the filed so he’s clearly an option for the desperate.

As I think about it, I’m less impressed by the stat line last night. Take away the long score when they were getting crushed and he’s 3/3 with 34 yards. That said, I anm encouraged that he was on the filed so he’s clearly an option for the desperate.
He is an average receiver who is capable of making some plays but certainly more of a complimentary piece. I would guess he becomes a bit of a journeyman after he finishes his contract with the Chargers.

Solid, underrated WR...never going to be an All Pro or wow you but he is a quality pro who can be one of those reliable Jakobi Meyers type of Wrs that continues to get better every year.

I dropped him from IR and have no regrets. He was ignored until the game was in mercy rule territory and the other team was scheduling golf tee times for this weekend.

With Herbert behind center? Totally different story. But in this situation? Too risky for a playoff game imo.

Rob Sullivan
Is Josh Palmer the biggest buy in fantasy right now?

No.
  • Palmer is not a good run blocker which will likely cap his snaps under Harbaugh/Roman.
  • Herbert's pass attempts will also likely be lower under this coaching staff, reducing the overall opportunities in the passing game.
  • I expect the Chargers to give Johnston every chance to be WR1/WR2.
  • I expect the Chargers to bring in multiple WRs via the draft and/or free agency.
  • This Chargers coaching staff and front office is not tied to Palmer, and he is a UFA after 2024, so it seems most likely that he is not part of the Chargers future beyond 2024. So no reason to really try to make him a focal point.
I expect he will be a good WR3, just as he has been the past couple seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread