What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (2 Viewers)

With that said, his dynasty value in a weak 2019 class is probably a top 3 pick. 2 mid firsts for him seems reasonable.

With that said, his dynasty value in a weak 2019 class is probably a top 3 pick. 2 mid firsts for him seems reasonable.
Fwiw I'm kicking around a deal that has me sending Pettis and Kirk for KG. I'm pretty high on both those guys going forward. I think the offer is fair. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenny Golladay (chest) isn't participating in team drills or individual work at OTAs.

The Lions have also been holding Marvin Jones (knee) out of practice. Golladay missed Week 17 with a chest injury last year, but it's surprising he's still dealing with it. Golladay's status for training camp isn't in doubt.

SOURCE: The Athletic

May 27, 2019, 8:42 AM ET

Would be interested in hearing why?
I think his value is the highest it will be. IMO after 2019 his value will drop some. He's where most people had Corey Davis last year; everyone wanted him. Now no one does. I think it's very likely DET drafts a wr next year, and they have Hockenson who I think is going to be a major redzone target. 

I'm not saying Golladay will bust, but IMO Golladay is likely to become a pretty good fantasy wr2, but he seems to be valued as a potential wr1. Golladay's price on DTC is an early 2020 1st/late 2nd, or 2 late 2020 1sts, or a mid 2020 1st/early 2020 2nd. I'd probably take any of those for Golladay considering next years class. I'd think a lot of people would jump at an early 2020 1st... In 9 months I'm not sure Golladay gets you a 2020 early 1st (both: the 2020 1st is increased in value, and Golladay is decreased)

Golladay and Godwin are my two bigger sell highs at wr. The hype around them for 2019 is probably higher than what they will actually produce. FTR I do own Godwin but am not selling; I kind of need him, but my expectations of him are reasonable and there isnt as much interest in my league- only 2 owners have inquired. DTC has Godwin at a mid 2020 1st, which I'm not sure I'd take that right now considering my roster. Some may want to, and I wouldn't blame them

Dr. Dan said:
Golladay is possibly at the top of my sell high list
Agree 100%. I actually traded him and Dalvin Cook in a package for Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsey earlier this year.

I've had him as a Rookie and have been happy with his production as a 3rd Round Rookie pick. But I have seen enough of his tape to believe he's never going to be a STUD.

He's carrying value as if he's a guaranteed 1,100 yard / 8 touchdown guy. He does well for himself, but I just don't see dominance from him.

It's a case where you LIKE a guy, but somebody in your league LIKES him more. If someone wants to overpay, be my guest.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if he went off for 1,200 / 12 TD. I just don't see that being a yearly thing.

Interesting to hear other opinions. Actually just tried to trade for him in my main dynasty league and guy wouldn't trade him. I've been high on him since his rookie year and it seemed like coming into his 3rd year may be on verge on bit of a breakout into wr1 territory. But maybe was over valuing him some.

Problem is most folks realize he's a sell high, which really isn't all that high in actuality.  I managed to get a random 2020 1st and 2nd in one league.  Also dealt him along with 2019 1.11 and 1.12 for Kittle in TE premium.  

I'm okay with both of those deals, but it's not amazing value or anything.  Another guy in my biggest money league has tried moving him all offseason to no avail.

I traded him straight up (I think) for Mack in my PPR dynasty league in the offseason before the draft.
I feel like this is a terrible trade...

DTC has Golladay at 24.8 and Mack at 17. To put that into perspective, you lost by the value of a high 2020 2nd

FBG May chart has Golladay at 22, Mack 16. difference of a mid 2nd. 

DTC is more to date with what players are going for, which is why I think Golladay is a sell high. I think you, unfortunately, sold at true value. 

I feel like this is a terrible trade...

DTC has Golladay at 24.8 and Mack at 17. To put that into perspective, you lost by the value of a late 2020 1st 

FBG May chart has Golladay at 22, Mack 16. difference of a mid 2nd. 

DTC is more to date with what players are going for, which is why I think Golladay is a sell high. I think you, unfortunately, sold at true value. 
I believe in Mack and the Indy offense more than Golladay in the Detroit one. Golladay and Mack finished within 1 pt of one another in my league last season. I needed a RB more (Hunt suspension looming, Lamar Miller, Kenyan Drake) than I needed Golladay as my #4/5 WR (behind OBJ, Hopkins, Hill, Jeffrey). I know my league tendencies, too, and where I was drafting in rookie draft (late). 

Checking the league transaction history, the trade was Golladay + R4 for Mack + R2. Same guy traded me R1.16 for Tremaine Edmunds. Edmunds finished 11th as LB on the season and should anchor his LB corps for a few years. 

I believe in Mack and the Indy offense more than Golladay in the Detroit one. Golladay and Mack finished within 1 pt of one another in my league last season. I needed a RB more (Hunt suspension looming, Lamar Miller, Kenyan Drake) than I needed Golladay as my #4/5 WR (behind OBJ, Hopkins, Hill, Jeffrey). I know my league tendencies, too, and where I was drafting in rookie draft (late). 

Checking the league transaction history, the trade was Golladay + R4 for Mack + R2. Same guy traded me R1.16 for Tremaine Edmunds. Edmunds finished 11th as LB on the season and should anchor his LB corps for a few years. 
I agree, I liked Mack as a rookie. I was hoping GB had drafted him.I like him as a pro, and better than Golladay. I think you got the better end, but I feel like you got less value than you could have. 

Looking at the updated offer, it seems you got fair value with the 2nd included,so I take back what I said

I agree, I liked Mack as a rookie. I was hoping GB had drafted him.I like him as a pro, and better than Golladay. I think you got the better end, but I feel like you got less value than you could have. 

Looking at the updated offer, it seems you got fair value with the 2nd included 
Leagues I'm in don't usually resort to formula for trading, I think. Trading is an art as much as a science, imo.  I have a sense of what players - especially those on my roster - are worth to me. I've been in this league for 10 years probably and look for "win-win" deals.

Good wow?  Seems to be the consensus response so far.  Something like: getting a free Coutee
yeah that's pretty much where I am on that trade. I'd easily do Moore for Golladay straight up. The only issue with Moore I have is that he didnt seem to score many TDs last season. Otherwise I think hes an absolute star

yeah that's pretty much where I am on that trade. I'd easily do Moore for Golladay straight up. The only issue with Moore I have is that he didnt seem to score many TDs last season. Otherwise I think hes an absolute star
Thanks for the reply Doc.  I’m Leary of that entire Detroit offense frankly and just don’t see a super high ceiling on Golladay.  One of the FBG’s used to have an article called « Avoid the Suck » which was all about avoiding low end offenses overall.  I still try to stick with that, especially as a tie breaker for two guys I have closely ranked. 

From that standpoint I added two players from dynamic offenses.  I also believe  Coutee could be exactly what the Houston offense needs to truly take off...well that and better O-line play.

I traded him straight up (I think) for Mack in my PPR dynasty league in the offseason before the draft.
I made this trade right before the season last year. I’ve always been high on Mack and feel like his injury suppressed his value. I think Golladay is a low end WR2 and Mack is a low end RB1.

I made this trade right before the season last year. I’ve always been high on Mack and feel like his injury suppressed his value. I think Golladay is a low end WR2 and Mack is a low end RB1.
i'd agree with that mostly. Indy offense is opening up and will help Mack. Conversely, Detroit offense will be more balanced and conventional with Kerryon.

I gave up a 2019 1st (ultimately 1.10 of 12) leading into Wk10 of last year to acquire him as my WR3. I believe it would be unlikely for me to get that deal done now. Gut feeling knowing my league.
That's a super light return for Golladay, even as an obvious sell high.

That's a super light return for Golladay, even as an obvious sell high.
Exactly, I'd have to pony up a bit more right now if I hadn't made that deal last year (6 months ago.) Knowing my league he's now worth two 1sts to the right owner. That would be me. I'd probably pay two 1sts to acquire him today.

Exactly, I'd have to pony up a bit more right now if I hadn't made that deal last year (6 months ago.) Knowing my league he's now worth two 1sts to the right owner. That would be me. I'd probably pay two 1sts to acquire him today.
I'd happily sell for two 1sts.  He should have gone for more when you got him though.  He started last year hot and the hype was at it's highest probably around midseason.  You did well.

I'd happily sell for two 1sts.  He should have gone for more when you got him though.  He started last year hot and the hype was at it's highest probably around midseason.  You did well.
Yeah, I'd take (2) 2020 1sts or a 2019-1st & a 2020-1st right now but, I don't think I'd get either offer. I just know the previous owner would probably want that now and I'd probably be the only one willing to pay it. Sure, he'd be thrilled.

Yes, thanks, I was pretty happy with that price point then. 

But I have seen enough of his tape to believe he's never going to be a STUD.
There seems to be a lot of consensus here on Golladay being a sell high. I think that’s a totally reasonable opinion if you’re basing it on not liking the direction of Detroit’s offense or team in general or just feeling, like Dr Dan, that KG is too expensive right now.

I’m surprised though to hear that some folks don’t like KG’s tape or feel that his upside is capped as a WR2. Just to offer a differing opinion, I think KG’s tape is freaking phenomenal. Dude is big and fast for his size with great hands, sick body control, and the ability to make top notch adjustments on the ball. His awareness around the sidelines is eerie at times it’s so good. I know he faded last season and is still a work in progress, but he had plenty of moments where he looked like a rare and special player.

Golladay may be frustrating to own in the short term but to me he is probably is the least obvious “obvious sell-high” ever because of the possibly overlooked detail about him being really, really good at football. 

There seems to be a lot of consensus here on Golladay being a sell high. I think that’s a totally reasonable opinion if you’re basing it on not liking the direction of Detroit’s offense or team in general or just feeling, like Dr Dan, that KG is too expensive right now.

I’m surprised though to hear that some folks don’t like KG’s tape or feel that his upside is capped as a WR2. Just to offer a differing opinion, I think KG’s tape is freaking phenomenal. Dude is big and fast for his size with great hands, sick body control, and the ability to make top notch adjustments on the ball. His awareness around the sidelines is eerie at times it’s so good. I know he faded last season and is still a work in progress, but he had plenty of moments where he looked like a rare and special player.

Golladay may be frustrating to own in the short term but to me he is probably is the least obvious “obvious sell-high” ever because of the possibly overlooked detail about him being really, really good at football. 
That's an important clarification.  For me it's because I can't seem him ascending to WR1 status under the Patriots west scheme and tied to Stafford.  Really do like his ability and tape though.

That's an important clarification.  For me it's because I can't seem him ascending to WR1 status under the Patriots west scheme and tied to Stafford.  Really do like his ability and tape though.
Stafford will take shots to him, I like that he pretty much gets 1-2 40+ yd targets a game. If the oline can offer better protection, or we can truly establish a ground game/short game to slow the pass rush, I think golladay can have a great year\few years. It’s hard to figure out what the offense will look like with a new OC that wants to run first, but play action deep shots would be nice to see. He’s good, stafford is serviceable, but the oline and scheme may not benefit him. 

Catch rate:

2017 58.3%

2018 58.8%

If we bump that up to 60%, he’d need 167 targets to reach 100. That’s 48 (3/G) over last year.

Not seeing anything close to that under this HC/OV. I def think he is very talented, he makes some sick catches, he can ball. Great length, fights through press coverage, strong hands, good blocker. Dude is a football player, love watching him.

Will be surprised if he goes beyond 80 catches this year. 125 targets 80-1200-8 upside IMO, but realistic projection? 75-1075-6 seems about right. They’ll throw less than any year of the Stafford era, and I expect TEs James & Hockenson to see a lot of targets.

Decent value at WR17/WR18 but don’t see him being a league winner. I think he’s a great late third / early 4th pick, though. Barring injury there’s no way he doesn’t match or slightly exceed last years numbers because he’s so much better than MJJ, Amendola or the still-learning-his-craft Hock. Safe pick - personally, I like to take BPA through four and hopefully I have two decent RBs + WRs. I’ll reach for anyone I like after that, but the foundation I’m mainly trying to mitigate risk.

I traded for him. Looks like he had multiple games last year where he had 15 targets.

Health is a concern here. Think he’s also the kind of guy who disappears after he gets paid, lol.

We’ll see.

Raptors409 said:
I traded for him. Looks like he had multiple games last year where he had 15 targets.

Health is a concern here. Think he’s also the kind of guy who disappears after he gets paid, lol.

We’ll see.
Those big target games came after Marvin Jones went out. Also, I haven't met him, what is it about his personality/motivations that makes you think he is going to take it easy after his next contract? 

Kenny Golladay on NFL Good Morning

I *think* I got the name of the show right.

:unsure:

Just a puff piece, pays homage to Xavier as a tough matchup, nothing too insightful. But it’s indicative of how he’s gone about his business the past 3 years. He’s not a diva, doesn’t lack confidence, but he doesn’t need to thump his chest and scream #look@me.

I don’t know what the mental makeup is of a guy who gets paid & disappears. KG seems like solid professional who goes to work and does his job. 

Antonio Brown’s Helmet Drama Is Exactly What Jon Gruden and the Raiders Bargained For

Excerpt:

One name that was raised to me as having impressed in the Patriots/Lions joint practices last week: Detroit third-year WR Kenny Golladay. He absolutely caught the eye of his opponents over their two days working together on the practice field (Golladay didn’t play in the preseason game), as a guy who’s open even when he’s covered. And the 6’4”, 203-pounder is pretty much exactly the type of big, long receiver Matthew Stafford loves. We got a taste of that last year, and that 70-catch, 1,063-yard, five-touchdown season might just be the tip of the iceberg.

It's only game one of sixteen,,  but KG has a potentially good matchup in the season opener. Per The Detroit News:

The Cardinals  will be without two of their top cornerbacks for the matchup. Patrick Peterson, a four-time first-team All-Pro, is out the first six games after he was suspended for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. 

And Peterson's replacement, veteran Robert Alford, is out approximately two months after suffering a broken leg last week. 

It's only game one of sixteen,,  but KG has a potentially good matchup in the season opener. Per The Detroit News:

The Cardinals  will be without two of their top cornerbacks for the matchup. Patrick Peterson, a four-time first-team All-Pro, is out the first six games after he was suspended for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. 

And Peterson's replacement, veteran Robert Alford, is out approximately two months after suffering a broken leg last week. 
If you are a Golladay dynasty owner who wants to test his trade value, following Week #1 could be the time to test the market . .  .

Kenny Golladay caught 8-of-10 targets for 117 yards and the game-winning touchdown in Detroit's Week 3 win over the Chargers.

Stafford's first one-on-one lob to Babytron to start the second half ended up in CB Casey Hayward's hands, but that didn't stop the face of the franchise from going right back to Golladay when it counted, resulting in a 31-yard score to put the Lions up by two with only 7:21 left to play. It's Golladay's second touchdown in as many games as he notably thrived on a whopping 33 percent target share from Stafford in Week 2. The 25-year-old wideout should have no issues finding holes against Philly's secondary in Week 3, making him a no-brainer WR2.

Kenny Golladay delivered five grabs for 67 yards and two touchdowns on nine targets Sunday in Detroit’s Week 4 loss to Kansas City.

After squandering a golden matchup against a deeply flawed Eagles secondary in Week 3, Golladay got back on track against the Chiefs, winning back our trust with a monster Week 4. Golladay finished the day with two touchdowns and nearly pulled off the hat trick, having a third touchdown overturned on review. Both of his end-zone visits came in the second half including a six-yard beauty that put Detroit back in the driver's seat with 2:26 remaining. Golladay was running out of real estate down the sideline but dragged his toe across the end zone before fading out of bounds. Operating as the clear focal point of Detroit's passing game, Golladay has already pulled in four touchdowns this year. He'll remain on the WR2 radar when the Lions return from their Week 5 bye.

Sep 29, 2019, 5:08 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread