What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Malik Nabers, NYG (1 Viewer)

Reportedly caught the first 8 balls thrown to him, including one for a TD, in today's joint practice with the Lions. And then decided to chuck some knucks.

Sign me up for this kid.

Had he thrown the first punch I'd have called it a small red flag. But good to see that is not what happened.
There were also two other fights yesterday during the Lions/Giants joint practices (not Nabers related), so they've been physical and intense. I don't see a red flag here at all. Daboll probably loves it.

Had he thrown the first punch I'd have called it a small red flag. But good to see that is not what happened.
Nabers threw the first punch. Apparently got inside the defender's helmet, which is what pissed Joseph off so much.

Nabers threw the first punch. Apparently got inside the defender's helmet, which is what pissed Joseph off so much.
Oh, okay, couldn't tell 100% but it seemed like it was either simultaneous or Joseph first.

He seems the real deal so far. He also seems to have some classic great WR primadonna or diva stuff that I don't care about but probably will later.
There's a lot of nerves with so many WRs not panning out so I'm noticing a lot of Giants fans relieved and excited. I figure we've all "been there" and good for them

These camp reports are not making me feel great about my Rome over Nabers (and yes even Marvin long term) takes.

It’s still Daniel Jones though. Regardless it’s looking like the top 3 WR of this draft are straight up studville.

These camp reports are not making me feel great about my Rome over Nabers (and yes even Marvin long term) takes.

It’s still Daniel Jones though. Regardless it’s looking like the top 3 WR of this draft are straight up studville.

Agreed.

Not great Bob.

I didn’t actually draft them like that anywhere but I did trade down in one league for Rome. I still have no regret with that at all. And last night was a solid reminder just how badly Nabers ceiling can be impacted this year. He sure looked the part though. Got a ton of confidence in Rome just curious how it plays out. Flip the landing spots and I’d prefer Nabers I think.

Another league I traded down from Marvin and then back up for Rome. Have 4 shares total I’m aboard the train.

The Athletic’s Charlotte Carroll reported, “The Giants initial belief is that rookie WR Malik Nabers has a minor ankle sprain.”

Carroll confirms Nabers will undergo further testing but fantasy managers can breathe a sigh of relief for now. The injury is thought to have occurred when a teammate stepped on Nabers’ foot. We will continue monitoring reports on the matter.
- Source:
Charlotte Carroll

For what it is worth...

https://x.com/heykayadams
@heykayadams

I dunno man. I just interviewed him. If he was hurt I would not have just interviewed him.
This was a good sign. Really lent to how minor it was.
Either way, he's gonna get dinged a bit more than most until teams can't double him.
He's a rookie and probably feels it more than most as they do.
Whether you revert to classic Jordan quotes or Belichick quotes teams are going to "let the other WRs beat them" and be all over Nabers. There's just not all that much to be concerned about.
The Giants should spend every minute they can getting Hyatt ready for a full role and not a Desean Jackson role. He's the only guy I think could (if!) worry a D where they can't swarm Nabers.
Nabers is blessed, no doubt, but he's 6 foot tall. He's not a giant man like Julio or Calvin that could impossibly make it look easy being covered by a few and still make a catch.

I like many of the other Giants WRs as getr done guys but I do think there's a ceiling to their production

Dat boy good
Best in class imo. Of course has the worst QB of the big three so will have to overcome that. I would guess if all three stay healthy that Nabers leads them in targets. Probably Daniel’s last chance to be a starter in the NFL this year, he will need to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

He should be awesome. If MHJ wasn't around he'd be getting much more attention.

Nor would I be surprised if he scores more fantasy points than MHJ. If you switched the names on the jersey, then this Malik Nabers would be getting drafted where the real MHJ is.

Certainly looks legit. Jones may cap his upside but Nabers should get enough targets to compensate - and probably a lot of garbage time.

Last edited:
Man. Jones is just so bad.
I know this will get laughs. But any chance it was largely rust? I mean he did lead two scoring drives after a disastrous start, right?
This is a fair point. I think with DJ it comes down to protection. When he is protected and has time he can deliver a nice ball. When he is not, his brain appears to shrink wrap itself. Hopefully the line can hold as he can look like two very different quarterbacks on consecutive plays. Most QB’s perform worse under pressure, but DJ struggles profusely.

Gotta think his ADP is on the rise now.

As of now, seems like he can be available in the 4th and sometimes in the 5th.

I sometimes I wish I drafted super early before the masses catch on.

Danny Dimes is so totally mediocre. Two picks against backup level vanilla defense is… not good.

Nabers is going to be the king of garbage time. League winner. Especially in leagues with 100+ yardage bonuses.

I know this will get laughs. But any chance it was largely rust? I mean he did lead two scoring drives after a disastrous start, right?
This is a fair point. I think with DJ it comes down to protection. When he is protected and has time he can deliver a nice ball. When he is not, his brain appears to shrink wrap itself. Hopefully the line can hold as he can look like two very different quarterbacks on consecutive plays. Most QB’s perform worse under pressure, but DJ struggles profusely.
It’s a fair point, but it’s preseason. The defense is littered with bubble players & the schemes aren’t particularly sophisticated (DC’s rarely tip their hands until the regular season)

To me any benefit of the doubt he gets from “rust” should be offset by how weak the competition is. Starting caliber QBs should be picking apart teams in the preseason. Fields for his warts was 5/6 (and shoulda been 6/6), Josh Johnson was 11/11.

This was just putrid.

It’s a fair point, but it’s preseason. The defense is littered with bubble players & the schemes aren’t particularly sophisticated (DC’s rarely tip their hands until the regular season)

To me any benefit of the doubt he gets from “rust” should be offset by how weak the competition is. Starting caliber QBs should be picking apart teams in the preseason. Fields for his warts was 5/6 (and shoulda been 6/6), Josh Johnson was 11/11.

This was just putrid.
Okay so hear me out 😂 Are we talking putrid enough to be benched? Or putrid in that Jameis-setting-up-passing-game-w-pick-six fantasy wizard kind of way?

This was just putrid.
I am not disagreeing with you, I think this is the last year he starts as an NFL QB. However, he didn’t play much last year and some “rust” is expected. That first pick is something a FA rookie shouldn’t make, definitely concerning he is capable of that at this point in his career.

definitely concerning he is capable of that at this point in his career.
Amen. The only other QB I’ve seen entirely fail to progress like him is Zach Wilson.

The fact that they wanted to pay Jones and Waller all that money but now Barkley is the best part about it.

I feel bad for Giants fans and their tailspin isn't over yet. They still have to go out and find another QB after they have to go another year of pretending Daniel Jones is capable of being a starter.

Is it me but Giants secondary seems to be terrible (especially with loss of their best DB Xavier McKinney)? If their passing defense remains terrible, I do hope for huge dose of garbage time for Giants' offense.

@32BeatWriters
“Malik Nabers, unsurprisingly, led the Giants wide receivers, playing in all but three snaps. His rate of New York's offensive snaps was fairly typical for a fantasy starting wide receiver, and anyone who has drafted him should be relatively happy. While preseason targets typically don’t mean a lot due to small sample sizes, it was good to see him targeted on one-third of Daniel Jones’ passes, bringing in four for 54 yards.”

Users who are viewing this thread